Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• Ah, fair enough. Not worth swapping mods for an event, either.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Interesting to see rey in there.. but I'm in the same boat I need more reliability bc the damage output is negated by the exposes to me anyway
  • gWSGxBJ.png
    Xd7Vlcp.png
  • Why can’t use sim tickets for Tier II and Tier III after 3*ed them?
  • Last tier is rough for sure, took me 3 tries to beat it and they took out my Poe. Had to add in r2 as he soaks up damage better than RP.
  • If you can't finish it, you're not meant to. It's just that simple.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    How smart does someone have to be to figure out that the highlighted ones are obviously the double ones?
    Has it ever occurred to you Star Wars fans will play this game any way they can. Those highlights are almost invisible on the iphone with 4 inch screen
    It’s a garbage tier. 244 speed on my Poe and he’s in the red before he can get a turn. Finn usually still has health, but I’m lucky if anyone else survives. What a joke. Not even remotely fair.
    "fair" is an unknown concept at EA. Just how many times have we had to battle teams with characters EA has modified way beyond their normal specs. Another word for what thats called is "cheating".
    It's possible to upgrade and make some wicked teams for us to battle without going outside character specs. But since they make the rules, they can do whatever they want.
    Has anyone else noticed returning events are harder to pass than when they were new.

• Wildcard wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    How smart does someone have to be to figure out that the highlighted ones are obviously the double ones?
    Has it ever occurred to you Star Wars fans will play this game any way they can. Those highlights are almost invisible on the iphone with 4 inch screen
    It’s a garbage tier. 244 speed on my Poe and he’s in the red before he can get a turn. Finn usually still has health, but I’m lucky if anyone else survives. What a joke. Not even remotely fair.
    "fair" is an unknown concept at EA. Just how many times have we had to battle teams with characters EA has modified way beyond their normal specs. Another word for what thats called is "cheating".
    It's possible to upgrade and make some wicked teams for us to battle without going outside character specs. But since they make the rules, they can do whatever they want.
    Has anyone else noticed returning events are harder to pass than when they were new.

Cheating? Read the description, it's supposed to be difficult. Is it ok to have some type of endgame content without ppl crying fowl?
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    The first order had 21 attacks before my first turn. R2 at 257 speed, Poe at 242. This event is ridiculous and goofy. Please stop with the preloaded turn meter.

They should rename "luck event" and let us use our bb8 lol.....
  • I enjoyed the challenge. Sure it’s RNG dependent but if you have a high geared Poe he’ll survive and get the Resistencs Expose train rolling. Clearly intended to reward players who have a well developed resistance. Don’t change a thing CG.
  • What I liked about this event:
    1) Rewards - sure the mods I got weren't great but they were still high level mods with credits and some g12 salvage.

2) Difficulty - while everyone likes to win, if it were too easy it would lose meaning. Yes, it is hard and yes it requires great mods and some luck but in the end there's a heck of an emotional payoff when you beat it.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You’re fighting at least 3-4 different kinds of RNG. RNG is not difficulty, it is RNG. Gear and mods can help weather the storm, but that’s where RNG #1 comes in; with the AI attacking, are they attacks, or bonus attacks. If they’re attacks, you can build TM, but if they’re bonus attacks, you get an infinite loop where you are unable to generate TM and none of your stats matter. RNG #2 then shows it’s ugly head; there is no way to weather an infinite barrage if they target a single character and refuse to relent. But, let’s say you manage to make it through those. Guess what? RNG #3 decides to show up, by stunning Poe, or R2. Then, finally, RNG #4 comes to the party unwelcomed; do any of your exposes land? There is so much RNG to get past that there really isn’t any challenge, or difficulty underneath. Once Resistance gets its ideal turn, everybody admits that the fight is over.
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the challenge. Sure it’s RNG dependent but if you have a high geared Poe he’ll survive and get the Resistencs Expose train rolling. Clearly intended to reward players who have a well developed resistance. Don’t change a thing CG.

Yes
    Interesting to see rey in there.. but I'm in the same boat I need more reliability bc the damage output is negated by the exposes to me anyway

Too fast
  • You’re fighting at least 3-4 different kinds of RNG. RNG is not difficulty, it is RNG. Gear and mods can help weather the storm, but that’s where RNG #1 comes in; with the AI attacking, are they attacks, or bonus attacks. If they’re attacks, you can build TM, but if they’re bonus attacks, you get an infinite loop where you are unable to generate TM and none of your stats matter. RNG #2 then shows it’s ugly head; there is no way to weather an infinite barrage if they target a single character and refuse to relent. But, let’s say you manage to make it through those. Guess what? RNG #3 decides to show up, by stunning Poe, or R2. Then, finally, RNG #4 comes to the party unwelcomed; do any of your exposes land? There is so much RNG to get past that there really isn’t any challenge, or difficulty underneath. Once Resistance gets its ideal turn, everybody admits that the fight is over.

Get your team to the recommend specs, G11 with powerful mods, and all of the RNG goes away.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    You’re fighting at least 3-4 different kinds of RNG. RNG is not difficulty, it is RNG. Gear and mods can help weather the storm, but that’s where RNG #1 comes in; with the AI attacking, are they attacks, or bonus attacks. If they’re attacks, you can build TM, but if they’re bonus attacks, you get an infinite loop where you are unable to generate TM and none of your stats matter. RNG #2 then shows it’s ugly head; there is no way to weather an infinite barrage if they target a single character and refuse to relent. But, let’s say you manage to make it through those. Guess what? RNG #3 decides to show up, by stunning Poe, or R2. Then, finally, RNG #4 comes to the party unwelcomed; do any of your exposes land? There is so much RNG to get past that there really isn’t any challenge, or difficulty underneath. Once Resistance gets its ideal turn, everybody admits that the fight is over.

Get your team to the recommend specs, G11 with powerful mods, and all of the RNG goes away.

I beat it. I had powerful mods and upgraded the gear on my team. There was just as much RNG as ever . Your statement is false.
  • I loved the event, great rewards and an incentive / reward for fully gear toons needed for the regular events where low gear is usually enough...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Beat it also. No zeta on R2 (which the bonus to Protection is clearly... a bonus). The event is a challenge, for sure, but it's HEAVILY rng dependent. BB8 is required, I guess, in the hope they kill him and then maybe a kill a tanky R2.... and then just spread damage out among the other 3. It took three tries - certainly old Rey has no place in this event - her damage output is inconsequential.

Mythic? Sure. Challenge? Sure. But like as an RNG dependent roll of the dice? Not so much fun. Team comp has to be BB8, R2, zFinn lead, Poe, RT. I don't see what hope you have otherwise.

i didn't use R2, who's actually my best resistance member gear/mods/zeta wise. Cleared it twice.
    No one dying before you get to move + exposes sticking = win. No skill needed, just retry until those 2 things happen and you're golden. Using rey instead of RP would probably also work, it just becomes a little more RNG dependable.
    Fun the first time, it feels somewhat rewarding because it isn't just a hand-out, bit less fun the 2nd time, 3rd time will just be a chore but you'll do it anyway because the rewards might be awesome.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I loved this content and that First Order Team was a wrecking ball it was nice to be challenged move mods around get the right kill Order, using BB8 for his daze and tenacity down
  • Great event, devs! Finally a little bit of a challenging event with pretty good rewards (3 zetas first time, 5* mods, and g12 gear pieces). Thanks again for listening to player feedback and adding the mythic event concept. I look forward to future ones and hope they prove to be just as difficult
  • Well i dont want to complain but really, why only two days of the mythic, and **** that you still dont have a sure source of speed as secondary on there, next time you guys add something which gives us free stuff next to what we had before think twice. And the whole thing with making it a bit of luck **** you all..
    If you find any sarcasm, keep it, it is for free. ;)
    (Love the idea, thanks) :)
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

Fair. Let’s also look at what else it says, though. Did you see any ‘careful strategy’ under all the pre-loaded TM and RNG?

The strategy they are referring to is what it took for you to get the win after your key characters were knocked very low on health. You had to find a way to gain the tm advantage in your favour and utilise BB8's illuminated destiny to recover and ultimately win. This is a mystic event for BB8 and I'd say this event shows how BB8 should function in a resistance squad even better than his actual event did. Had there been no tm pre-load there would have been no strategy at all and everyone would beat the event with ease. That I would not be happy with.

Strategy? The only strategy in this event is to survive the initial first order onslaught. Other than that there is no strategy. I like the event and it's hard as it should be. It takes maxed toons to complete, again, as it should. But, they've taken strategy out of it. Once resistance can survive then it's basically game over for the first order and goes back to business as usual. I can't clear the event, but, I'm not upset by that fact. My toons aren't high enough to outlast the initial FO devastation. It's frustrating to be sure. But, I think they've done a great job on this and I hope the rest are equally difficult. So, I agree to this, just disagree with anything related to "strategy" as there really is none.
  • Was able to clear Tier 3 after probably 10 attempts yesterday. All boiled down to RNG. First Order is averaging around 23 attacks before I get my first turn, I swear their assist chance has been cranked up to 100%. Today, forget it, I can't even count how many attempts.

All in all though, I appreciate the event and look forward to more.
  • I really enjoyed the hard challenge and was able to get +15 and +18 speed secondary speed mods from it. Which would have taken me a couple of months during normal farming
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    JedTumbo wrote: »
    Great event, devs! Finally a little bit of a challenging event with pretty good rewards (3 zetas first time, 5* mods, and g12 gear pieces). Thanks again for listening to player feedback and adding the mythic event concept. I look forward to future ones and hope they prove to be just as difficult

This I can partially agree with even though the challenge came in the form of RNG. I don’t think I should have had difficulty with my resistance, they are quite decent. Yesterday my Poe rarely lived or the exposes didn’t land, it took 12 or 13 tries. Today it took one try.

I expected NOT to be able to participate, as I thought I’d have to use my BB8, Finn, Rey and the Vets. I guess I should be happy that I didn’t need them but now besides Rey there’s going to be little use to them for their lack of synergy with pretty much anyone else (thinking of TW). Maybe in defense...?

Anyway, looking forward to those other Mythic Events.
  • This Mythic event was awesome. Tuned to be difficult, but doable. Rewards were fantastic. Well done! Looking forward to more Mythic events.
  • The rewards have been good,a few high spd secondaries..its too bad i got hit with 3 -0x2 drops on chewie during double drops that i wont be able to apply them to rey..his drops are borderline disgusting as opposed to hans xrops
  • Its totally worth refreshing too. Still get salvage gear and two mods either purp or yellow as well as like 350k.. and this is a recurring event? This event was awesome and prizes matches accordingly. Hope to see more stuff like this in the future.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

I beat it. I had powerful mods and upgraded the gear on my team. There was just as much RNG as ever . Your statement is false.

3 for 3 so far and never came anywhere close to losing with my G11 resistance team I use for raiding. I could maybe see getting really unlucky and losing, but if you are good enough there are no issues clearing the event.
  • I never post but all the whining induces my response.

Totally agree with sentiment of excellent mythic event and appropriate difficulty.

I dont understand people who feel need to be able to complete everything... Do they want the game to be boring? Challenging endgame content is good... Gives satisfaction when you achieve it.

Keep it up!

Not a complaint but a wish... Make the zeta bonus recurring when it comes back!
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

Fair. Let’s also look at what else it says, though. Did you see any ‘careful strategy’ under all the pre-loaded TM and RNG?

The strategy they are referring to is what it took for you to get the win after your key characters were knocked very low on health. You had to find a way to gain the tm advantage in your favour and utilise BB8's illuminated destiny to recover and ultimately win. This is a mystic event for BB8 and I'd say this event shows how BB8 should function in a resistance squad even better than his actual event did. Had there been no tm pre-load there would have been no strategy at all and everyone would beat the event with ease. That I would not be happy with.

Strategy? The only strategy in this event is to survive the initial first order onslaught. Other than that there is no strategy.
    There's strategy. Where folks are getting tripped up is thinking that strategy means you need a crazy trick up your sleeve that you wouldn't normally use. The strategy for this event is the same as the strategy for every Resistance battle is--get lots of exposes, break those exposes, get lots more exposes.

The strategy portion comes into this because you don't get to use your whole team--I normally run Rey and Pilot but had to lose Pilot because BB-8 is mandatory and had to lose Rey because there were too many debuffs for her to apply Daze--and the matchup isn't in your favor. You have two tough matchups in Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren that you have to handle without being able to reliably Daze.

This takes strategy. If Stormtrooper is the only expose left and it's your Trooper's turn, do you attack the Stormtrooper, knowing that if you do it's going to counterattack and call an assist? Do you keep popping exposes on Kylo Ren, knowing that every time you do that you increase the damage of his next attack and reduce the damage he takes on your next attack? Maybe if you pop that expose and land another one you can get enough TM for Finn to stun Kylo--or maybe you're just making Kylo harder to deal with.

It's all strategy. Just because at this level we're all of us well-versed in how to use Resistance to the point that it doesn't feel strategic any more doesn't men it's not. It just means we're good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.