Mythic Event Discussion

Replies

• jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Not sure which of the two trending threads is the "official" Mythic Event discussion so I'll quote myself here for completeness:
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I really liked this event and here's why:

It is challenging in a way that highlights the strengths of the Resistance synergies. Sure the loaded TM is a bit gimmicky. And the FO TM gains are unrealistic. But we already know that event characters and teams are tweaked. CG has said main characters, like Thrawn, in the legendary events start with reduced cooldowns. This isn't much different.

So you face a barrage at the outset and an enemy that gains TM very fast. Resistance is great at controlling a battle through TM manipulation. So if you survive the first 20 seconds you have to use the very thing the team is good at to succeed.

And what about that initial barrage? We'll, the event does suggest G11 toons. That seems to be focused on surviving until you can get a turn. If you can do that, which is possible with a little luck at G9 or G10, you can use the mechanic introduced by this event, BB-8's Illuminated Destiny, to rebuild protection and survivability.

It's been suggested that increasing tenacity on the FO team would have been a better way to make this event challenging and I disagree because without the exposes it's just a slug fest. Why even use Resistance at that point? It would be even more RNG dependant. Poe doesn't expose anyone on his first turn? Retreat.

For anyone looking for strategy ideas:
    I completed tier 3 with a very mediocre, mostly G9/G10, team on the 4th or 5th try.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G12 R2, 260 speed - use smoke screen ASAP to focus attacks on R2
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

R2 is there to take a beating until Poe can go. And his stun is incredibly helpful too. Between him and Finn you can potentially stun everyone. And finally, his AoE Improvise can load the team with TM in a hurry if two or three exposes are present. Other than that it's the typical Resistance strategy.

Thanks for reading!

This was more or less the idea I used to tune it. Have enough gear/health to survive the initial onslaught (Sorry g7 characters) then enough potency/speed on PoE to start the Expose train. I wanted people to have to use the dominant Resistance strategy to win, because that feels super good when you make it happen. (This is what the "careful strategy" the is alluding to. There's a lot of people who have resistance teams who are unaware of the zFinn strategy.) Great post, jhbuchholz! Gold star.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Any plans of fixing tier 3 of mythic event for iOS users? Still won’t load for me. Tier 1 and 2 load no problem. Been reading on lots of forums and it seems to be an iOS only problem? I’m using iPhone 6s Plus. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Not sure which of the two trending threads is the "official" Mythic Event discussion so I'll quote myself here for completeness:

It is challenging in a way that highlights the strengths of the Resistance synergies. Sure the loaded TM is a bit gimmicky. And the FO TM gains are unrealistic. But we already know that event characters and teams are tweaked. CG has said main characters, like Thrawn, in the legendary events start with reduced cooldowns. This isn't much different.

So you face a barrage at the outset and an enemy that gains TM very fast. Resistance is great at controlling a battle through TM manipulation. So if you survive the first 20 seconds you have to use the very thing the team is good at to succeed.

And what about that initial barrage? We'll, the event does suggest G11 toons. That seems to be focused on surviving until you can get a turn. If you can do that, which is possible with a little luck at G9 or G10, you can use the mechanic introduced by this event, BB-8's Illuminated Destiny, to rebuild protection and survivability.

It's been suggested that increasing tenacity on the FO team would have been a better way to make this event challenging and I disagree because without the exposes it's just a slug fest. Why even use Resistance at that point? It would be even more RNG dependant. Poe doesn't expose anyone on his first turn? Retreat.

I completed tier 3 with a very mediocre, mostly G9/G10, team on the 4th or 5th try.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

R2 is there to take a beating until Poe can go. And his stun is incredibly helpful too. Between him and Finn you can potentially stun everyone. And finally, his AoE Improvise can load the team with TM in a hurry if two or three exposes are present. Other than that it's the typical Resistance strategy.

Thanks for reading!

This was more or less the idea I used to tune it. Have enough gear/health to survive the initial onslaught (Sorry g7 characters) then enough potency/speed on PoE to start the Expose train. I wanted people to have to use the dominant Resistance strategy to win, because that feels super good when you make it happen. (This is what the "careful strategy" the is alluding to. There's a lot of people who have resistance teams who are unaware of the zFinn strategy.) Great post, jhbuchholz! Gold star.

Aww, shucks. Thanks! :)
  • Any plans of fixing tier 3 of mythic event for iOS users? Still won’t load for me. Tier 1 and 2 load no problem. Been reading on lots of forums and it seems to be an iOS only problem? I’m using iPhone 6s Plus. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

I had no issue playing tier three, iOS iPad only
  • Maybe it’s an iPhone problem?
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Great event and awesome rewards. I pulled three mods with +11, +11, and +12 secondary speeds, and the three Zetas!!! Awesome.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

Thanks for reading!

After what feels like a million attempts this worked for me, much lower gear though, g12 R2, the rest gear VIII. Cheers.
  • I also get stuck in a permanent loading screen when trying to enter tier 3. I am using an iPhone X.
  • Zemit
    45 posts Moderator
    Worked fine for me in my iPhone X last night when the event went live...
  • Pressed auto.

Laughed at the ?500 speed enemy team, thought it was a bit cheap.

Win.

Profit.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP
    Thank you very much for the Mythic Events. Looking forward to trying out the BB8 Mythic Event.
    Can I infer from your post that Mythic Events currently only apply to Legendary Events and is not applicable to Hero's Journey Events?

For now, only Legendary events will get a Mythic version. I want the word Mythic to conjure the feeling of "familiar, but different" in the player base so that we can possibly do other "Mythic" things in the future. But as for right now the focus is on Legendary events getting the treatment.

Please give us a mythic Rancor, the poor heroic guy is having a hard time nowadays. Make it immune to TM manipulation and that would be fine.

Then the complaints would be that it takes too long.

G9 zFinn (L)
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

Thanks for reading!

Thank you for being transparent and giving a look into the mechanics of the event.
  • I've beaten it, but I'll say what I said in the other topic.

You’re fighting at least 3-4 different kinds of RNG. RNG is not difficulty, it is RNG. Gear and mods can help weather the storm, but that’s where RNG #1 comes in; with the AI attacking, are they attacks, or bonus attacks. If they’re attacks, you can build TM, but if they’re bonus attacks, you get an infinite loop where you are unable to generate TM and none of your stats matter. RNG #2 then shows it’s ugly head; there is no way to weather an infinite barrage if they target a single character and refuse to relent. But, let’s say you manage to make it through those. Guess what? RNG #3 decides to show up, by stunning Poe, or R2. Then, finally, RNG #4 comes to the party unwelcomed; do any of your exposes land? There is so much RNG to get past that there really isn’t any challenge, or difficulty underneath. Once Resistance gets its ideal turn, everybody admits that the fight is over.

I feel that this could have been done better. Tone down the RNG and find a way to make it an actual challenge, without bashing our skulls against the curb of random chance.
  • My poe g10,zfinn g9,zrd2d g9,bb8 g9 rt g9 is hard but not impisible i win in 25 minutes good rng
  • I've beaten it, but I'll say what I said in the other topic.

You’re fighting at least 3-4 different kinds of RNG. RNG is not difficulty, it is RNG. Gear and mods can help weather the storm, but that’s where RNG #1 comes in; with the AI attacking, are they attacks, or bonus attacks. If they’re attacks, you can build TM, but if they’re bonus attacks, you get an infinite loop where you are unable to generate TM and none of your stats matter. RNG #2 then shows it’s ugly head; there is no way to weather an infinite barrage if they target a single character and refuse to relent. But, let’s say you manage to make it through those. Guess what? RNG #3 decides to show up, by stunning Poe, or R2. Then, finally, RNG #4 comes to the party unwelcomed; do any of your exposes land? There is so much RNG to get past that there really isn’t any challenge, or difficulty underneath. Once Resistance gets its ideal turn, everybody admits that the fight is over.

I feel that this could have been done better. Tone down the RNG and find a way to make it an actual challenge, without bashing our skulls against the curb of random chance.

I'll reply here with what the same reply I provided in the other thread ;)

Get your team up to the recommended specs, G11 with powerful mods, and the RNG goes away.
    I've beaten it, but I'll say what I said in the other topic.

Get your team up to the recommended specs, G11 with powerful mods, and the RNG goes away.

And, I’ll reply the same thing I did there: I beat it. 3 stars, even. Geared my team, had powerful mods and ran into the same RNG that I posted about. Your statement is false.

And, I’ll post the same response I did, there: I beat it. 3 stars, even. I geared my team and had arena quality mods, and the RNG was exactly the same as what I said it was. Your statement is false.

And, I’ll post the same response I did, there: I beat it. 3 stars, even. I geared my team and had arena quality mods, and the RNG was exactly the same as what I said it was. Your statement is false.

Ahhh, but I said nothing about beating it. I only spoke of the RNG.

SO, please do share how the experience differed. At G11 with powerful mods were any of your characters knocked out or at risk of being knocked out after the initial barrage? We're you unable to recover from Poe being stunned? If you had no exposes land please do share your mod setup and potency stats.

Looking forward to seeing if it's worth adding gear.

SO, please do share how the experience differed. At G11 with powerful mods were any of your characters knocked out or at risk of being knocked out after the initial barrage? We're you unable to recover from Poe being stunned? If you had no exposes land please do share your mod setup and potency stats.

Multiple characters knocked out in the initial barrage, to the tune of none of my characters even getting a turn, because they couldn’t generate TM off of the endless bonus attacks.

Poe got stunned semi-often on the initial barrage, either leading to not being able to get any exposes up, or him simply being eliminated.

And, there was one or two occasions where exposes were resisted entirely. That was a smaller pool of RNG, but it did happen. Sadly, I moved my mods back to my arena characters, but I’ll check them in the morning. Can’t always mod for speed AND potency, though. Sometimes it’s one, or the other.

Multiple characters knocked out in the initial barrage, to the tune of none of my characters even getting a turn, because they couldn’t generate TM off of the endless bonus attacks.

Poe got stunned semi-often on the initial barrage, either leading to not being able to get any exposes up, or him simply being eliminated.

And, there was one or two occasions where exposes were resisted entirely. That was a smaller pool of RNG, but it did happen. Sadly, I moved my mods back to my arena characters, but I’ll check them in the morning. Can’t always mod for speed AND potency, though. Sometimes it’s one, or the other.

Wow. All that at G11? I'm surprised.

I went looking for your swgoh.gg profile to see if I could see why you might be having such issues. Is this you?

https://swgoh.gg/u/aldaiskaroth/collection/

If so, I'll have to wait for it to update because it still shows your Resistance team at pretty mediocre gear levels (gearing them all to G11 yesterday must have cost a pretty penny!).

If it's not you then perhaps you could share your profile? I'm truly surprised you'd hit so much difficulty at G11.

• Great event! Great rewards! You guys nailed this one. Thank you!

G9 zFinn (L)
    G10 Poe
    G10 Trooper
    G8 BB-8

Thanks for reading!

Just curious, what is the FO speed tuned to for the final tier?

I enjoyed the event, and especially the rewards. Bought all the refreshes and got 1 arena worthy mod +19 speed, and a half dozen for B teams in TW. Also the g12 salvages were nice.
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Matt_B wrote: »

I enjoyed the event, and especially the rewards. Bought all the refreshes and got 1 arena worthy mod +19 speed, and a half dozen for B teams in TW. Also the g12 salvages were nice.

Their speed isn't that much higher then what player characters can attain with excellent mods. They just start with full TM and Phasma's leader ability generates a lot of extra attacks. So what people are seeing is them starting with 100% TM, acting, having high speed, likely acting a 2nd time, and then players usually get to go. Phasma's leader ability can add some extra attacks in anywhere in the process, but they've only got 1 heavy hitting attacker (Pilot) so it isn't too bad if your units have the right gear levels.

This was all driven by looking at high level Resistance teams players are using and seeing that they're all mostly 1) zFinn led, and 2) most have super duper fast Poe. So in order to even make it a challenge in the slightest the enemies have to get a turn or two before Poe can start the Expose train.

Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.

Their speed isn't that much higher then what player characters can attain with excellent mods. They just start with full TM and Phasma's leader ability generates a lot of extra attacks. So what people are seeing is them starting with 100% TM, acting, having high speed, likely acting a 2nd time, and then players usually get to go. Phasma's leader ability can add some extra attacks in anywhere in the process, but they've only got 1 heavy hitting attacker (Pilot) so it isn't too bad if your units have the right gear levels.

This was all driven by looking at high level Resistance teams players are using and seeing that they're all mostly 1) zFinn led, and 2) most have super duper fast Poe. So in order to even make it a challenge in the slightest the enemies have to get a turn or two before Poe can start the Expose train.

Nice work and well done with the Mythic event , very fun for the whole crew.

Gotcha. Awesome idea, it was fun to play. I had r2 in there at 267 so he could pop smoke and kinda tank while the expose train is pulling out of the station. His aoe also helped to hit exposes when multiple targets had 1 each.
  • The last stage is impossible when the FO team starts with 100% tm... Is this working as intended???
  • I can't wait to replay Emperor's Demise!
  • On the description for tier 3, lets just make it honest and list requirements as 7 star, level 85, maxed gear?
    I now understand the "mythic" part of the title: the myth is that you can win the battle without maxed everything hero's... Maybe subtitle it: " a little something for those with absolutely everything already"
    Hard is one thing, having your entire Squad killed almost before getting off a single shot is ridiculous