Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• I did it with finn, poe, pilot and trooper after several attempts.
    All rng. Had luck with trooper surviving and poe not being stunned + bb8 managed to daze the fost.
  • I did it with Finn, Poe, R2-D2, and Trooper. It took a few tries, but did it both times. Once bb8 launches his illuminated destiny its game over. Just survive until then. Good luck.
  • Simi managed it with this.

Finn g11, Poe 10, rt 10, rp 10, bb8 9

Took about 45-50 tries to getmthe right rng.. usually I'd loose 3-4 guys before getting a turn, sometimes all of them
    ObiShenobi
    DeathStarIIMaintenanceCrew
    https://swgoh.gg/u/obishenobi/
  • I think it has been really fun. First time through yesterday I had no problem. Today I got destroyed the first run on the last tier, but had no problem on my second attempt. It has been great being able to play the Event and there are nice rewards.
  • Why don't they just put in the event info that Zeta-Finn is required. I am seeing people with zeta-finn and level 8-9 resistance team steam roll this event. Has anyone at all been able to do this event without a zeta Finn? If so I would like to hear your strategy.
  • Dankly wrote: »
    Why don't they just put in the event info that Zeta-Finn is required. I am seeing people with zeta-finn and level 8-9 resistance team steam roll this event. Has anyone at all been able to do this event without a zeta Finn? If so I would like to hear your strategy.
    Because Resistance only has two leaders, and only one of those has a zeta and the other is a dumb ability.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Because Resistance only has two leaders, and only one of those has a zeta and the other is a dumb ability.

Right, so why indicate that the event requires G11+ when z-finn can do it with g8-9? I got news for u, G11 resistance team without Z-Finn CANNOT do it.

Because Resistance only has two leaders, and only one of those has a zeta and the other is a dumb ability.
    Right, so why indicate that the event requires G11+ when z-finn can do it with g8-9? I got news for u, G11 resistance team without Z-Finn CANNOT do it.
    Because g8/9 teams with Finn are saying it takes 100 tries, while teams with g11 are saying it takes 3.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea. I can drink motor oil, but I'm not going to.

Also, your choice of leader is part of the strategy. See this response from the event designer:
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    This was more or less the idea I used to tune it. Have enough gear/health to survive the initial onslaught (Sorry g7 characters) then enough potency/speed on PoE to start the Expose train. I wanted people to have to use the dominant Resistance strategy to win, because that feels super good when you make it happen. (This is what the "careful strategy" the is alluding to. There's a lot of people who have resistance teams who are unaware of the zFinn strategy.)
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Dankly wrote: »
    Because g8/9 teams with Finn are saying it takes 100 tries, while teams with g11 are saying it takes 3.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea. I can drink motor oil, but I'm not going to.

I feel like you're missing my point. I am not arguing that we should be using Poe lead, or be able to do it on luck with lower resistance teams, i am pointing out that the entire encounter hinges on whether the player has a zfinn as opposed to non-zfinn. G11 resistance teams with ideal mods and Finn lead is equal to g8-9 resistance team with z-finn lead in terms of accomplishing the encounter.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

Also, your choice of leader is part of the strategy. See this response from the event designer:
    This was more or less the idea I used to tune it. Have enough gear/health to survive the initial onslaught (Sorry g7 characters) then enough potency/speed on PoE to start the Expose train. I wanted people to have to use the dominant Resistance strategy to win, because that feels super good when you make it happen. (This is what the "careful strategy" the is alluding to. There's a lot of people who have resistance teams who are unaware of the zFinn strategy.)

Okay, that's good to know that designer designed it to be defeated with zfinn team.. Wish the note indicated that directly where it mentioned the G11 info. There's people that leveled their resistance teams from g7-8 to g10-11 only to be stonewalled on the zeta finn lead ability. Encounters should not be hinging on a single ability.
    NicWester wrote: »

I feel like you're missing my point. I am not arguing that we should be using Poe lead, or be able to do it on luck with lower resistance teams, i am pointing out that the entire encounter hinges on whether the player has a zfinn as opposed to non-zfinn. G11 resistance teams with ideal mods and Finn lead is equal to g8-9 resistance team with z-finn lead in terms of accomplishing the encounter.

Who has g11 Resistance teams and doesn't have Finn zeta'd, though? That's part of the point I'm trying to make.
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Okay, that's good to know that designer designed it to be defeated with zfinn team.. Wish the note indicated that directly where it mentioned the G11 info. There's people that leveled their resistance teams from g7-8 to g10-11 only to be stonewalled on the zeta finn lead ability. Encounters should not be hinging on a single ability.

I agree with NicWester's post above. If you leveled your Resistance to G10/11 and this event forces you to put a Zeta on Finn then it's doing you a favor.

I like that things like this aren't part of the description. I don't want to much hand holding when it comes to team comp and strategy.
  • Once Jedi training rey is out you'll probably be able to use her zeta leadership or zeta Finn leadership. So zeta Finn will no longer be a requirement
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Don't give up.

Did it (last tier) with R2 g12, Finn/ Poe g8, RT g9, everybody with bad mods (except R2).

In most of the tries i couldn't even make more than two moves. It's rng only. Finally everybody survived, Poe got his turn and I 3-stared it, easy peasy, I couldn't believe it.
  • T3 is RNG madness. Just have to keep trying until your 4/5 guys including Poe survive the initial onslaught. You need RT to dispel the FOST taunt and Poe to use his special, before boarding the expose train. ZFinn, RT, Poe, BB8, R2 ftw.

But it sure is maddening when Kylo keeps targeting and stunning your Poe.

Insert JohnGrizzly over the top.jpg

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NicWester wrote: »

jhbuchholz wrote: »

Just zeta your Finn dude. You won't regret it.

For me I found zzR2 more important for tier 3.

• CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

I agree with NicWester's post above. If you leveled your Resistance to G10/11 and this event forces you to put a Zeta on Finn then it's doing you a favor.

This is a good point. Just look at beating Tier 3 as a discount for putting a zeta on Finn. Pay 20 upfront and get 3 as a refund when you complete the terms of the discount contract (beating T3)
  • It is fun to play something what is actually still a challenge! Love it! Good job guys!
  • PGisReal
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The first order had 21 attacks before my first turn. R2 at 257 speed, Poe at 242. This event is ridiculous and goofy. Please stop with the preloaded turn meter.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've for my resistance geared to lvl 10 minimum and shone of the best mods I have and can't kill a single FO toon.

I beat it on the first day without needing a second attempt. Today is a different story. I've played it 20 times or more and can't kill a single toon. Kitten????

I'm so close to abandoning the game. This is just another form of greed. They make it so insanely difficult you feel compelled to drop real money to gear up only to fail. EA has become the ruler of hell.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    The fo start with full tm
    Then they regain their usual tm
    They hit you 2 turn.

If poe survive you can take the control
    Use zfinn r2 bb8 poe res. troopet

exact team I'm running and can't seem to beat it. Ben trying all day. It's a worthless endeavor.
  • Go figure they’d do it on a weekend, too, so there’s nothing to be done about it. I am NOT happy.

What would it take to get everyone to leave a negatives review in the play store/app store and then go a week without playing?
  • It was nice to get three zetas as a reward, since I haven’t received a zeta from ship challenges in almost a month.

One of my mythic rewards was an offense mod with a +3 speed secondary that upgraded all the way to +3.
  • I have a g11/10 resistance... took me 20 resets to complete it. Just had to get lucky with rng, if they don't stun you you have a chance if someone manages to dodge.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    It was nice to get three zetas as a reward, since I haven’t received a zeta from ship challenges in almost a month.

One of my mythic rewards was an offense mod with a +3 speed secondary that upgraded all the way to +3.

I had that happen the other day. Has a mod drop with a speed secondary at +5. After full upgrade, the speed was still only +5. Just another way of bending over for EA.
  • PGisReal
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Pa_lin wrote: »
    I have a g11/10 resistance... took me 20 resets to complete it. Just had to get lucky with rng, if they don't stun you you have a chance if someone manages to dodge.

that's where I'm at.

Finn (Z) - lvl 11
    Resistance trooper - lvl 11
    RP and Poe - lol 10
    Bb8 - lvl 9

Total GP just shy of 80k
  • I did it with Zinn,Poe,Rey,R2,BB8.
    Loved it!! End game content is +++1 in my books.
  • PGisReal wrote: »
    I beat it on the first day without needing a second attempt. Today is a different story. I've played it 20 times or more and can't kill a single toon. ****????

I'm so close to abandoning the game. This is just another form of greed. They make it so insanely difficult you feel compelled to drop real money to gear up only to fail. EA has become the ruler of hell.

How is it greedy to give you an event that you beat so easily on the first day?

By not doing this event you're missing out on two mods that you were most likely going to sell off anyway because they didn't have a speed secondary. Stop being so dramatic and threatening to quit just because something wasn't a cakewalk two days in a row...
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    If you don't have what it highly recommends right on the description I have no idea why you are complaining about it being unfair..... I have a full G11 resistance squad with big speed sets and lost a couple times. I personally love that, and enjoy the addition of content for more veteran players. Rewards are great and I look forward to future Mystic Events.

Fair. Let’s also look at what else it says, though. Did you see any ‘careful strategy’ under all the pre-loaded TM and RNG?

The strategy they are referring to is what it took for you to get the win after your key characters were knocked very low on health. You had to find a way to gain the tm advantage in your favour and utilise BB8's illuminated destiny to recover and ultimately win. This is a mystic event for BB8 and I'd say this event shows how BB8 should function in a resistance squad even better than his actual event did. Had there been no tm pre-load there would have been no strategy at all and everyone would beat the event with ease. That I would not be happy with.

Strategy? The only strategy in this event is to survive the initial first order onslaught. Other than that there is no strategy.
    There's strategy. Where folks are getting tripped up is thinking that strategy means you need a crazy trick up your sleeve that you wouldn't normally use. The strategy for this event is the same as the strategy for every Resistance battle is--get lots of exposes, break those exposes, get lots more exposes.

The strategy portion comes into this because you don't get to use your whole team--I normally run Rey and Pilot but had to lose Pilot because BB-8 is mandatory and had to lose Rey because there were too many debuffs for her to apply Daze--and the matchup isn't in your favor. You have two tough matchups in Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren that you have to handle without being able to reliably Daze.

This takes strategy. If Stormtrooper is the only expose left and it's your Trooper's turn, do you attack the Stormtrooper, knowing that if you do it's going to counterattack and call an assist? Do you keep popping exposes on Kylo Ren, knowing that every time you do that you increase the damage of his next attack and reduce the damage he takes on your next attack? Maybe if you pop that expose and land another one you can get enough TM for Finn to stun Kylo--or maybe you're just making Kylo harder to deal with.

It's all strategy. Just because at this level we're all of us well-versed in how to use Resistance to the point that it doesn't feel strategic any more doesn't men it's not. It just means we're good.

Well said.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
This discussion has been closed.