Rey (Jedi Training) Strategy Guide

Replies

• BulYwif wrote: »
    Her kit is nice and not OP as CLS, so good point. Designed to be mainly used in a resistance team, another good point. New toons should be more like that and have synergy only in their own faction imo. Enough with OP plug and play toons.

Agree 100%. Happy about Rey. No more lazy-designed CLS type kits. That's why he resulted in the most sheepiest of all sheep meta of all time. CLS and Han is about as brainless as it gets in terms of kits to operate.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    So that really puts a kink in your Op strategy
    Hmm. Gonna look into that. Very crucial point indeed.
    Also, you’re statement regarding perma-heal immunity... it’s not perma, it’s only for two turns. Which could be perma if you kill the toon, but Barriss gains a bunch of TM from crit hits, so she could survive long enough to let it expire. And darn that Barriss, but she also equalizes health rather than just healing

Have to agree here - it should have been 3 rounds.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_RyDiggs
    Can you please address what happened here?

Resistance trooper performance was not working as intended. Would not gain turn meter if something was exposed when already exposed.
    This was confirmed as a bug in resistance troopers unique ability on October 4 by @CG_feltz916 here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/122950/resistance-trooper-not-gaining-tm

Update notes posted Dec 6 simply state the ability text was changed to reflect functionality. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147644/content-update-12-6-2017#latest

So was it NOT a bug? Was his ability just changed to be in line with a confirmed bug, instead of a fix for a confirmed bug be made? This is a nerf as far as I can tell with the available information.

@Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    @Ender22
    @Calx
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    @NicWester
  • That is some good research!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Wow, this Rey is OP...won't dethrone CLS, but right up there with GK, R2, and Thawn in my opinion...
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    She can dethrone cls in some shards, well at least allow a sqaud without cls to get 1st.
    Likely jrey will be much less common than cls. If you can find a good way to use her many shards will have only a few jrey in them
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kanye23 wrote: »
    this dont will happen but i wish you still good luck ;)

um...what?
  • SirSith
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Ray (Jedi Training) doesn't compare to GK, R2, or Thrawn. I REALLY wanted her to be good because she is a Heroes Journey Character and it takes a lot to get her, which should mean something. She will be good, but nothing special, at least not from what I've witness in the provided videos.

5 CD on abilities is silly. PVP is too fast and she will most likely be dead. Thrawn will Fracture her while the other resistance team members are murdered. GOD I hope I'm wrong. Not saying she should be OP like CLS, but should be better than toons we can farm. Right now I think people see toons in pvp and think to avoid them. With her current kit and damage output I don't think anyone will avoid a Rey Jedi team.

This is the first toon that is worth this much. CLS was a F2P toon, a reward to veteran players (please bring CLS journey back asap). She should be able to play on any team like CLS and hit much harder than the videos show. May be better off using crystals for Baze and Chirrut or Nightsisters. At least Nightsisters can compete against meta teams and don't cost as much. 4* zombie, 4*Talzen and 7* Daka, Asajj, and Acolyte is a team a lot of people avoid.

She is probably the only toon that needs a rework before being released.
  • People are saying we don't need another CLS because the top teams will be full with her... That's the case today with CLS! The top 100 teams are running very similar squads. I'd LOVE if they came out with a very strong CLS like toon that was VERY hard to obtain, like a Heroes Journey Character that requires you to obtain 3 other new toons such as BB8 and Vet Chewy and Vey Han. At which point she would be worth it, as it stands now no one believes she's worth the farm which admit she should be better.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Speaking of which, starting to worry CLS never coming back on the premise that CG doesn’t want his OP ness to spread further. I have been lightly speculating he’s either never coming back or getting nerfed before hand.
  • Speaking of which, starting to worry CLS never coming back on the premise that CG doesn’t want his OP ness to spread further. I have been lightly speculating he’s either never coming back or getting nerfed before hand.

I starting to worry the same as well.
  • SirSith wrote: »
    5 CD on abilities is silly. PVP is too fast and she will most likely be dead.

I see you’ve never played Redistance before.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Ah cool, wait 5 months, get a character you can only use if you want to gear 4 others. And amass about 5 zetas and upgrade nothing else for 5 months. Unless of course you spend silly amounts in which case they just rammed you for far more cash than just farming the vets. which is what it’s really about. Ok fine without resistance I can own GK which I did already. Almost semi-cool.

Her description says ‘if a resistance ally’ 9 timees. 9. TIMES. I think other characters mention factions a max of 2? She will ride my bench forever. To have resistance synergy is all well and good but her not being terrible depends completely on spending £500 on gear for resistance, and I don’t really care about them as a faction. Cant she have a third unique saying ‘if a resistance ally is not present just forget it’. With a zeta upgrade of ‘delete your game’?

Think I’m quitting over this, just absolutely sick of EAs games. I waited a long time thinking she might be fun to play, and now I will never play her, and you guys are just clowning, you’re up to nothing else. Other than CLS, in 2017 you have added nightsisters and ewoks to a SW game which character wise is really fizzling, let’s be honest. Like you guys are real jokers. The game is lacking in every faction and every area needs to be sorted...Instead of doing anything, ANYTHING normal SW fans care about, you made 2017 the year of the nightsisters. And ewoks. Like I just think you are trolls? Empire sucks, DV sucks, BH suck, sith aren’t usable, Jedi aren’t usable, no one is usable in arena, their kits are all outdated, and there are plenty of things to do/characters to bring but instead of doing something ANY of your players care about to show you are making progress, hey, have some NS and some ewoks. Like you must be trolls because no one can make the calculation that’s a good idea even if they know nothing about SW.

I can’t wait for this game to become good any more, I just don’t care and you guys aren’t serious

So you're just complaining because u, can't add her to your already op patchwork team ?

HOPEFULLY she's got only resistance synergy, sick of patchwork non-sense
  • SirSith
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    SirSith wrote: »
    5 CD on abilities is silly. PVP is too fast and she will most likely be dead.

I see you’ve never played Redistance before.

LOL the point is she should be able to play with any group like a CLS or Thrawn. With Resistance she is a good, but she can't fit in on other teams very well. She's a dang Hero Journey toon, not some special like Emp or Yoda. She should be better based off what's required to get her. I bet you will take Thrawn over her.
    Post edited by SirSith on
  • To me the big problem with using her as a resistance leader is that CDR. It only removes CD from one character and only when they use a special, in other words it reduces their cooldowns by 1-2 depending on how many specials they have and only by 2 if the cooldown is longer than 3, and this all is dependent on them not having any debuffs. So it is much weaker than zFinn's who can reduce all cooldowns of all resistance even when it's not that units turn. Also the TM gain is way less 10% vs 35%, she gives more opportunities to expose, and the TM happens on the front end, but still a 25% difference is significant, also the only AoE attack is R2's burn, and the only attack that can critical multiple times is Rey scavenger's flurry of blows, so the opportunity for multiple exposes from multiple criticals is low, and are both specials that will be on CD more often than under zFinn. Also the TM removal is laughable, 5%, maybe if it was 5% per expose, but even then it would have to be like 5% for every expose on every enemy and removes that much TM from all enemies, you might average 25% then, which would counteract the difference in TM gain vs zFinn leader.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    New zeta for her: she can co-lead with Finn (no cool-down reductions etc). Then she would be worth the price

Edit: and yeah, what SirSith said
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • New zeta for her: she can co-lead with Finn (no cool-down reductions etc). Then she would be worth the price

That would certainly be meta changing
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    +1 edit, making a thread instead
    Post edited by Anavel_Gato on
  • Let's address her cooldowns, which many seem to have a problem with. And let's compare them with her leadership ability, since she came with one.

First: Mind Trick: "For each active Resistance ally, gain 15% Turn Meter. "

Paired with only BB-8 and R2, that's 45% turn meter; give her a full resistance team, and that's 75% turn meter gained from using this move. Nearly an entire turn removed from the cooldown.

As we know, in battle, a one turn cooldown is as good as a zero turn cooldown (you can use the ability next turn). So how many elapsed turns does she need to use Mind Trick a second time?

Turn: Use Mind Trick - 4 more turns to go.
    Check out her leader ability, she just used a special ability, cooldown(s) reduced by 1 - 3 more turns to go
    Gain up to 75% TM, so almost a whole turn elapsed.
    Turn: Use Defiant Smash - 2 more turns to go.
    Check out her leader ability, cooldown reduced by 1 - 1 more turn to go.
    Turn: Use Basic - Cooldown reduced. Next turn she can use Mind Trick again.

If you play it out carefully in your head, you can see that she only needs two turns after her first use of mind trick before she can use it again, and one (or at least one half) of those turns doesn't really count as she gained so much TM from the Mind Trick move itself.

And let's not forget things like she used a special ability, so she gains secret intel, so her first unique gives her 8% TM. And if one of those hits is a critical hit, he has a 70% chance to gain another 10% TM.

I have a feeling that Rey will be a lot like BB-8 in that people looked at his cooldowns and scoffed, not realizing how fast those cooldowns would really be decreasing.
  • ^ People definitely underestimating Rey.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Rey will be a lot like BB-8 in that people looked at his cooldowns and scoffed, not realizing how fast those cooldowns would really be decreasing.

I agree with all of this, and add that she will be hard to stop from taking her turns with almost constant foresight.

Rey looks strong but also well balanced unlike CLS which is why some don't see the potential.

• The only way this new Rey will be a viable leader is if they add in 10% more turn meter when enemies take damage from expose or bump up the 10% tm on expose to 20%. Its kind of a slap in the face to people who expected her to be the next Luke if she can't even lead a resistance team better than her non-force using ex-stormtrooper friend, Finn. Seriously, make this hero's journey character good or refund the crystal purchases/pack purchases from the last 30 days and try again.
  • Derek564 wrote: »
    The only way this new Rey will be a viable leader is if they add in 10% more turn meter when enemies take damage from expose or bump up the 10% tm on expose to 20%. Its kind of a slap in the face to people who expected her to be the next Luke if she can't even lead a resistance team better than her non-force using ex-stormtrooper friend, Finn. Seriously, make this hero's journey character good or refund the crystal purchases/pack purchases from the last 30 days and try again.
    I think the point of new rey is that her passives for team aren't as important as her own boosts. Meaning her tm manipulation which slows enemy slightly but speeds her up tremendously, plus her evasion. Finn is all about the whole team going lightning fast from tm gain.
  • Derek564 wrote: »
    The only way this new Rey will be a viable leader is if they add in 10% more turn meter when enemies take damage from expose or bump up the 10% tm on expose to 20%. Its kind of a slap in the face to people who expected her to be the next Luke if she can't even lead a resistance team better than her non-force using ex-stormtrooper friend, Finn. Seriously, make this hero's journey character good or refund the crystal purchases/pack purchases from the last 30 days and try again.
    I think the point of new rey is that her passives for team aren't as important as her own boosts. Meaning her tm manipulation which slows enemy slightly but speeds her up tremendously, plus her evasion. Finn is all about the whole team going lightning fast from tm gain.

Also that Finn's leadership isn't really viable on defense, at least in arena, if the AI doesn't know how to use it. Rey seems more balanced in the sense that the AI doesn't need to be brilliant to be good with it. i.e. the AI doesn't have to carefully select targets based on expose and how much TM you need and who's going to need a stun, etc. Rey and BB-8 will jump in dazing everyone, we get TM and exposes all the time from whenever we use specials.

That's the other thing that I think people are underestimating about her. Without Finn's level of TM gain from exposes to never let the enemy get a turn, they're concerned there won't be enough damage output, but (a) we haven't seen her stats yet (and she gets tons of help from buffs, and then again from BB-8's Illuminated Destiny) and (b) there will still be exposes flying around to help with damage.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I remember when people freaked out about BB8 because he was shown having zero protection prior to release.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I was hoping for a MUCH better kit. seems like she is hardly viable in arena. she is one of the hardest toons to get and should be powerful to match.

I think her kit is locked in place...but maybe they could increase her speed or damage over what was in the gameplay videos we saw. if she hit much much harder it would make some difference. in the videos she wasnt hitting that hard and had some other toons that increased her damage on her team.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    She is going to be taking turns more than CLS if similar base speed thanks to her passives. She is more powerful than yall think if used on Resistance squad. She's just not OP plug and play ridiculousness like CLS.

See her becoming top 5 in finishers but barely top 10 in arena use because of how she's misunderstood... at first. Unfortunately I think her main weaknesses are DN, Thrawn, and CLS himself. But against meta squads, if the rest of the squad is up to snuff she will unlock some REAL power.
  • Her main arena downfall is that that BB-8 is so important to her kit... hard to leave him out. So RJIT, BB-8, R2 but who do you sit out of CLS, Thrawn, GK?

Well we need a taunt so GK is in... now CLS or Thrawn gets Das Boot?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Pretty sure most are underestimating her. Her kit is a direct counter to the current meta.
  • Her main arena downfall is that that BB-8 is so important to her kit... hard to leave him out. So RJIT, BB-8, R2 but who do you sit out of CLS, Thrawn, GK?

Well we need a taunt so GK is in... now CLS or Thrawn gets Das Boot?

id sit out GK.... with r2 make it to where only she can be attacked. her foresite every turn with TM, Prot, and health gains are going to make her hard to kill.

I'm also curious to see how Old Ben's lead will do with the new Rey