I would like to start off saying that I really enjoy this game. The mechanics are fairly solid and progression to a degree is appropriate. While I do not like having to grind, there is something to be said for getting one of your favorite characters up to 7* and getting their gear up. I also like the changes that recently came about on what is available guild,GW and various stores.
For almost a month now I have been grinding on getting ready for a CLS event. And before some of you groan, oh man another CLS complaint... consider that some of us who are not paid to win and don't have exorbitant amounts of money to drop on these microtransactions get frustrated at the bait and switch of events coming up. We had maybe three days notice for the upcoming BB8 event? This is coming across as an attempt to squeeze out even more money out of people.
At this point how is this model being employed in this game any different than the model that SWBF2 is being roasted for? Terrible drop rates, exorbitant prices on any of the microtransactions. It is just insane. The whole model just drips of greed.
So how do we fix this?
- People, who can and want to drop money, maybe decrease prices to a more reasonable for them? -
- Give a solid amount of notice for the upcoming major events. Not everyone is entitled to every character but give them a fighting chance of obtaining it or at the very least a lesser starred version.
- Increase the drop rate on character and ship shards. I personally have spent 200 gems on cantina energy to not get a single vet chewi or vet han shard. And btw, $30 for 50 shards of each which wont make much of a dent in leveling either character is outrageous.
- Increase the energies regeneration rate a bit. Allow people to play the fun game a bit more without milking money out of them.
- Make things more attainable.
Thanks for reading,