NOTICE: Territory War and Battle Overlap [MEGA]

Replies

• The sign up period is allowed to overlap, the battle period doesn't.

@CG_Kozispoon That's all fine and dandy, but the last time this happened it bugged rewards, and you guys said you would add an hour in between to avoid that issue. Are we to now get ready for missing rewards tomorrow?
  • Hm, upon review, it seems the dates in the Event Calendar are off when comparing the game data. I'll go update the listing. Thanks!

Seriously @CG_Kozispoon? This whole "let's change the text to accommodate the bug instead of fixing it" is getting really old!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon Could you please explain what these dates are intended to reference? For TB, I think everyone understood it was 00:00-23:59 for some time where 00:00 is 1pm ET, so TB 7th-12th meant p1 12/7, p2 12/8.... p6 12/12. For TW, the original was 13-16th, so the assumption was preview 13th, defense 14th, attack 15th, recap 16th. Now the attack is the 14th, if the recap is the 15th, what is the 16th? The change made doesnt seem to make sense.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Maegor wrote: »
    The sign up period is allowed to overlap, the battle period doesn't.

If you watch the timers, the TW counter is less than the TB counter by 10-20 seconds. The battle period will overlap.

Allow me to follow up with the team to see what we can see.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • For those of us moving guilds after this TB we will miss the lock in for TW if we wait till TB is over. Making a problem for both guilds.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Why in the world would you start (again may I add) a TW before TB ends?

You know this causes issues when looking to swap players from one guild to another.

Can you not at least give a couple hour buffer in between?!?
  • Double - though I think you can join a guild and even if TW is open - you can still register, no? Would still give hours to change around.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon

For reference:
    0p2WXVh.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Double - though I think you can join a guild and even if TW is open - you can still register, no? Would still give hours to change around.

You have to register during the first 24 hours, before the TB ends.

The other concern is whether this is going to bug people's rewards again.
  • Here Here!, I thought I had dreamt the announcement made about having TW launch an hour, later, after TB finished.

This is desperately needed - i thought an update had already cured this.
  • For those of us moving guilds after this TB we will miss the lock in for TW if we wait till TB is over. Making a problem for both guilds.

Exactly. Can we please keep to the schedule? Or at least the hour promised?

• Is there a minimum player level in order to participate in territory wars? Can’t find it anywhere.
  • i'm leaving my current guild but don't wanna miss out on TB rewards, so i guess that means i have to miss out on TW because of it :/
  • Unfortunately i think so
  • Is there a minimum player level to participate in the event? Can’t find it on here.
  • Staubie12 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum player level in order to participate in territory wars? Can’t find it anywhere.

65 I think
  • I foresee another no rewards after TB because of this. So better be offline before payout.
  • lol we get a minute after TB to prepare
  • Here Here!, I thought I had dreamt the announcement made about having TW launch an hour, later, after TB finished.

This is desperately needed - i thought an update had already cured this.

It did last time, but now it is back to being the same time again
  • Think you get ~24 hours to register - even if you leave one guild and go to the other during the register process.
    Note my word, "think"....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I actually put this in the feedback, because they started the 24 hour registration at the same time phase 6 started, there is no window to move.
  • ProCapper
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Agreed... there needs to be time to allow transfers between guilds. This makes recruiting/moving much more difficult. You shouldn’t be punished for changing guilds.
  • I guess moving guilds is being discouraged.
  • @CG_Kozispoon ummmmm isn’t this how the rewards with darkside TB started???
  • At the way things are now we need a countdown to the preview phase lol
  • While it might be frustrating, the guild you're fighting gets the same rules, so it's a wash.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • 500 crystals incoming!
  • I'm honestly more worried about this bugging rewards - again. Yes, it does mess with Guild skipping 0 and we have a couple spots to fill..... but really it's gonna be a wet kitten to not get LS TB rewards after so long.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya Holotable Heroes,

We've received reports that confirm there is a schedule overlap between Territory Battles and Territory Wars.We'll be pushing a Hotfix that should address the following:
    • Delay the start of Territory Wars by 1 hour
    • This should affect this current Territory War as well as the upcoming War on the Event Calendar
    • This should not affect any players who have already opted into the current Territory War

This will require a client restart of your device, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We should have this Hotfix pushed by today. We hope this notice allows our Holotable Heroes to plan accordingly.

We will be revisiting the TB and TW schedule based on sentiment around the frequency. The schedule is remaining as is throughout the holidays so players can maximize their rewards, however expect more info in the new year as we determine the best balance.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • I play this game to relax and lower my blood pressure. This is currently not working. I get wanting to have as many events as possible. A 3hr window between events to allow moves is perfect, 2hr is good, 1hr is workable,-10 to -20 seconds requires a wormhole in the CG server room. Option 4 works for me but not sure what that will do to the warranty on your hardware.