Dev Interview- NotReallyAjedi

Prev1345
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited December 2017
Hiya Holotable Heroes,
With Rey (Jedi Training) joining the Holotable and her Heroes Journey just around the corner, the Gamechangers wrangled one of our Developers @CG_NotReallyAJedi for an interview series to learn more. Enjoy!
@CrazyExcuses
https://youtu.be/DKtiwNQfbhc
@CubsFan2016
https://youtu.be/yD7jRoL_PEE
@AhnaldT101
https://youtu.be/k9D7B48lo0s
@NukinFromRepublic
https://youtu.be/WPRJUGHHGbM
@Warrior_TI
https://youtu.be/24I4BEtNwzU
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Someone post a TL:DW summary please.
  • TL;DW: Rey is good!
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Any new information? (dont have time to watch)
  • Not really a difficult way to guess one of the months for 2018.

The Clone Wars series premiered OCT 2008. So OCT 2018 is most likely to be Clone Wars month.

Possibilities...
    -CW Padme (not the movies version)
    -Jango Fett
    -Hondo
    -Capt Tarfful
    -nu-Darth Maul
    -B1 Battle Droid
    -Destroyer Droid
    -Admiral Yularen

It won't interfere with the prep for Toons from the Han Solo Movie for Christmas of 2018.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Someone post a TL:DW summary please.

Mostly about how ReyJT was designed and the balancing involved. Also points about how CG is aware of issues raised by the community, that there are more faction reworks to come, and how he loves SW and making games :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

For those wondering what was said about Rey.... She is expected by CG to be the best defensive character in the game to date. This is due to the focus of her kit being angled towards that as well as recent changes to their AI. The Dev team fully expects her to hold her own and even overthrow CLS in Arena. BB8 is the first hint towards an all-star team that was mentioned that she is included in. Overall we'll have to see what her capabilities are when we get our hands on her Friday!
  • TL;DW: Rey is good!

Credit to you for saying some of the same things over and over. Also in Crazy excuses interview - I enjoyed the talk about gear. Taking the blame and working on it. Also just saying Rukh is canon and topical now as is the tie defender :)
    Also let top hat know- a state of the galaxy would be nice just as these interviews were. Ty
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

For those wondering what was said about Rey.... She is expected by CG to be the best defensive character in the game to date. This is due to the focus of her kit being angled towards that as well as recent changes to their AI. The Dev team fully expects her to hold her own and even overthrow CLS in Arena. BB8 is the first hint towards an all-star team that was mentioned that she is included in. Overall we'll have to see what her capabilities are when we get our hands on her Friday!

I don't think he really said that she would overthrow CLS in arena. More that she wasn't meant to be as powerful as he was overall, but that she could beat him (and destroy Zarriss) in the right team. He also said that she was meant to dethrone Finn as the resistance leader.
  • Tl:dr - from Crazy and Anahld - Rey suppose to be great at D. (She def does make BB8 viable - more so than BB8 is now) devs read everything. Nraj- has the ds on his mind especially palp and gg. More things are coming, stay tuned.
  • Liath wrote: »

I don't think he really said that she would overthrow CLS in arena. More that she wasn't meant to be as powerful as he was overall, but that she could beat him (and destroy Zarriss) in the right team. He also said that she was meant to dethrone Finn as the resistance leader.

Watch Warriors video. That's what he says (at exactly 11:20 into the video). In the other videos he retracts that to more of a stance that she will hold her own in the current meta.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Watch Warriors video. That's what he says (at exactly 11:20 into the video). In the other videos he retracts that to more of a stance that she will hold her own in the current meta.

Is that one not linked here, or is it under a different name, or am I blind?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Watched all four vids. Seemed like a last minute sales pitch for Rey2.

"Really... she's great! Just give us a bit more cash for those last few Vet shards you need and you'll see just how great she is, too! Trust us (again)."

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Just listened to notreallyajedi on YouTube with the game changers. Glad to hear your passion with the star wars universe. The next heroes journey should obviously be the main protagonist in the prequals. Anakin!
  • Snooze135 wrote: »

Yeah, it's a bit of a mis-speak on my part. I don't mean "overthrow" as in "No more CLS in the meta". She should consistently beat CLS, though.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Liath wrote: »

Is that one not linked here, or is it under a different name, or am I blind?

It's the bottom linked video, if you can't see it for whatever reason just look up Warrior Swgoh in YouTube and it'll come up
  • Ah looks like it wasn't linked before and Kozi just slotted it in
  • Just listened to notreallyajedi on YouTube with the game changers. Glad to hear your passion with the star wars universe. The next heroes journey should obviously be the main protagonist in the prequals. Anakin!

I like it. Follow anakin through the clones wars then have a new vader character he turns into like cls events.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mis-speak on my part. I don't mean "overthrow" as in "No more CLS in the meta". She should consistently beat CLS, though.

Awesome! Thanks for your response @CG_NotReallyAJedi , I'm extremely happy to hear that as I've gotten quite tired of running the standard team. Sounds like this should give me the variation I've been looking for!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Ah looks like it wasn't linked before and Kozi just slotted it in

Updating that Gamechanger listing with the stealth of a ninja!
    ninja-afro-ninja.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Just listened to notreallyajedi on YouTube with the game changers. Glad to hear your passion with the star wars universe. The next heroes journey should obviously be the main protagonist in the prequals. Anakin!

We have his Journey already. JKA & Vader.
  • Seems to be PR after the backlash of Rey’s kit....
  • ksomm5 wrote: »
    Seems to be PR after the backlash of Rey’s kit....

She’s a solid toon. I think it’s more so the backlash of the requirements. Which nraj has control of. So to those that do - please read the forums.
  • ksomm5 wrote: »

She’s a solid toon. I think it’s more so the backlash of the requirements. Which nraj has control of. So to those that do - please read the forums.

Yep, if she'd be meant to been obtainable by FTP then we'd have seen one vet farmable in Cantina and one farmable elsewhere (hard node, GW, Arena, Guild, Fleet). By putting them both in cantina they were counting on crystal purchases, as the math didn't work out any other way. And no way that they weren't aware of that.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Hm, I have bought up FAT, MT, HY all to max asap and bought several vaults for vets for this great new toon as another gamechanger.
    Thank god we will also get a get a fix of TW soon to avoid further ties for TI.

Hopefully you will also find some guys paying for more amazing brilliant new gamechanger chars which change the whole group setups over weeks.

You will make Star Wars great again! The best Star Wars it ever was!

Everything else is fakenews!!
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    kalidor wrote: »
    ksomm5 wrote: »

Yep, if she'd be meant to been obtainable by FTP then we'd have seen one vet farmable in Cantina and one farmable elsewhere (hard node, GW, Arena, Guild, Fleet). By putting them both in cantina they were counting on crystal purchases, as the math didn't work out any other way. And no way that they weren't aware of that.

I’m sure they were. But we re aware of things at our jobs we don’t agree with but have to roll with it because we don’t have final say over it. I’m not giving CG a way out here but NRAJ totally said complain commend etc they want to read it. And devs really can’t say what they want. So I enjoyed thatbhe ties the line as best as he could and sounded sincere, at least to me. 2 16 energy cantina with no time is really horrible. Another decision that I think will hurt more than help spending.

Side note: I never want one toon to come and destroy the meta. I like little nudges. And nraj is align in my thinking I really want a diverse arena.
  • Not really a difficult way to guess one of the months for 2018.

The Clone Wars series premiered OCT 2008. So OCT 2018 is most likely to be Clone Wars month.

Possibilities...
    -Jango Fett
    -Hondo
    -Capt Tarfful
    -nu-Darth Maul
    -B1 Battle Droid
    -Destroyer Droid
    -Admiral Yularen

It won't interfere with the prep for Toons from the Han Solo Movie for Christmas of 2018.

If we have to wait this long to get basic droids that were in the movies, such as B1 and Droidekas, then I at least want some of the droids that the Clone Wars series had, such as the TX-20 Tactical droids and Commando droids.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Not really a difficult way to guess one of the months for 2018.

Possibilities...
    -Jango Fett
    -Hondo
    -Capt Tarfful
    -nu-Darth Maul
    -B1 Battle Droid
    -Destroyer Droid
    -Admiral Yularen

If we have to wait this long to get basic droids that were in the movies, such as B1 and Droidekas, then I at least want some of the droids that the Clone Wars series had, such as the TX-20 Tactical droids and Commando droids.

Do people really want B1 battle droids?

I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything but if JTRey is going to be on par with CLS. How about bringing back Lukes journey sooner rather than later. So those of us who don't have him will atleast have a fighting chance against her when she starts showing up in Arena.

I hope this is not another misstatement, a tank Rey should consistently beat CLS...