Dev Interview- NotReallyAjedi

Replies

• I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything but if JTRey is going to be on par with CLS. How about bringing back Lukes journey sooner rather than later. So those of us who don't have him will atleast have a fighting chance against her when she starts showing up in Arena.

If the devs really read the forums as closely as they say, then I feel like we will see an answer to so many posts that have said “all I want for Christmas is my CLS”

Also, devs, any timeline on when Rey will get out into the game so the game changers can start showing her off?
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    Ah looks like it wasn't linked before and Kozi just slotted it in

Updating that Gamechanger listing with the stealth of a ninja!
    ninja-afro-ninja.gif

Ha ha u almost killed me I was eating a orange saw the gif started laughing and choking your gif game is on point
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything but if JTRey is going to be on par with CLS. How about bringing back Lukes journey sooner rather than later. So those of us who don't have him will atleast have a fighting chance against her when she starts showing up in Arena.

If the devs really read the forums as closely as they say, then I feel like we will see an answer to so many posts that have said “all I want for Christmas is my CLS”

Just because they read the forums closely doesn't mean they're gonna do whatever we want...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything but if JTRey is going to be on par with CLS. How about bringing back Lukes journey sooner rather than later. So those of us who don't have him will atleast have a fighting chance against her when she starts showing up in Arena.

Just because they read the forums closely doesn't mean they're gonna do whatever we want...

They are in the future. They know when CLS is coming so it’s old news for them and a “surprise” for us.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2017

Also, devs, any timeline on when Rey will get out into the game so the game changers can start showing her off?

Replies like these are definitely better suited to a Dev announcement/ Game update. Please keep an eye on those locations for upcoming info on any significant events- either new or recurring.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

• "Just listened to notreallyajedi on YouTube with the game changers. Glad to hear your passion with the star wars universe. The next heroes journey should obviously be the main protagonist in the prequals. Anakin!"

SKIP IT!!! Anakin's journey is only a set-up for Luke's hero's journey... The son's redemption of the fallen father. I'd be interested if they could wrap them up into one, epic journey (young Anakin thru Jedi Luke), but to be honest, I'd rather not think to much about the prequels
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Interesting videos for sure. Glad to hear they are going to release passes for all factions at some point or another. But I have an issue with 1 thing he said and that’s how well they listen to the community on the forums.
    I’m sorry to say but I disagree with that. The community has been begging for several days now for a crystal pack for the vets so they have a chance at Jedi Rey. They have been begging for other outlets to get the vets. Nobody is asking for free shards. But to limit them to shipments and 16 energy cantina nodes is a slap in the face. If the devs release a pack for 699 crystals a spin that gave between 5-100 shards of each vet (10-200 total possible shards) that doesn’t alienate people willing to spend a little money on them. Even putting them in GW or a hard node would have helped substantially but their placements has Excluded a huge majority of the player base from participating and forcing them to wait until the summer when she is released again. At the point the new meta will be here.
  • In an interview NotTeallyAjedi said the above statement about the future of character releases, and I’m just trying to grasp, maybe you guys can help, characters who are brought that become more of a game breaker than CLS
  • DarkPiece wrote: »
    In an interview NotTeallyAjedi said the above statement about the future of character releases, and I’m just trying to grasp, maybe you guys can help, characters who are brought that become more of a game breaker than CLS

Rey and Snoke.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    CUP from it's heroic journey.
  • more powerful can mean many things. It could be that in the star wars universe they are more powerful. It could also mean that they will do more damage than but be rather low on health and protection. Just because they say they will be more powerful doesnt mean that they have to break the game in the same way. And it could also re balance it a little if more people are as good as him it will bring a better variety to the tops of the table
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Interesting videos for sure. Glad to hear they are going to release passes for all factions at some point or another. But I have an issue with 1 thing he said and that’s how well they listen to the community on the forums.
    I’m sorry to say but I disagree with that. The community has been begging for several days now for a crystal pack for the vets so they have a chance at Jedi Rey. They have been begging for other outlets to get the vets. Nobody is asking for free shards. But to limit them to shipments and 16 energy cantina nodes is a slap in the face. If the devs release a pack for 699 crystals a spin that gave between 5-100 shards of each vet (10-200 total possible shards) that doesn’t alienate people willing to spend a little money on them. Even putting them in GW or a hard node would have helped substantially but their placements has Excluded a huge majority of the player base from participating and forcing them to wait until the summer when she is released again. At the point the new meta will be here.

Listening does not mean theyre going to do everything players want.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    CUP from it's heroic journey.

Training day! CUP’s first day in the Underground.
    To his final form - “IAM THE LAW”

Merged.

It's business. They listen but they're not going to do anything that potentially reduces profits.

Just because you don't see a reaction doesn't mean they're not listening.
  • What I got from the interview is dark side is getting nothing until there's a dark side movie.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

If they want to have an influx of money for crystals for a pack like that and to have credibility when they say something then....yeah.....
  • Really interesting stuff, nice to get some thought on Rey and where we are going. It was great to hear the passion about the game and community from @CG_NotReallyAJedi. But there was one question that wasn't asked (broken record time) when can we get another shot at CLS? Just watched Empire again and it made the pain of not unlocking him so much worse! There was a lot of talk of Rey being a counter to him, it makes me a little worried I won't get the chance any time soon.
  • So, if the intent was to say:

"We want to make an amazing game, with a healthy PvP environment. We are also aware of all the wishlists (darkside) and common gripes (mods). Also, Rey will surprise you."

Then message recieved! Thanks for taking the timr to do these @CG_NotReallyAJedi !

Personally I like hearing the concern about game health, and the immense caution about ever making another toon as rawly powerful as CLS. (And instead trying to disrupt the meta laterally) Speaks highly about you and your team imo.

And thanks for sharing @CG_Kozispoon !
    Jamesm wrote: »

If they want to have an influx of money for crystals for a pack like that and to have credibility when they say something then....yeah.....

Lol ok.

It wouldn't be the influx of money you think it would be. Not sure what credibility they lose by not having something like that either.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Really interesting stuff, nice to get some thought on Rey and where we are going. It was great to hear the passion about the game and community from @CG_NotReallyAJedi. But there was one question that wasn't asked (broken record time) when can we get another shot at CLS? Just watched Empire again and it made the pain of not unlocking him so much worse! There was a lot of talk of Rey being a counter to him, it makes me a little worried I won't get the chance any time soon.

One of the videos asked basically the same question, in the form of how long it would be before Rey returned (presumably they will be on comparable time schedules) and he said he couldn't answer it.

• I'm not trying to sound like a **** or anything but if JTRey is going to be on par with CLS. How about bringing back Lukes journey sooner rather than later. So those of us who don't have him will atleast have a fighting chance against her when she starts showing up in Arena.

They almost always do updates on Wednesdays. The game changers will get her when she's added to the game, which will be at tomorrow's update.

Just look at the dates of prior content updates. Almost exclusively on Wednesdays but sometimes notes show up Tuesday before.
  • Great interviews @CG_NotReallyAJedi - thanks for taking all that time and answering all those questions. Tremendous insights.

Also - this one wasn't linked that I saw and it was pretty good as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFlk7ZBnBiY

• CleverWes wrote: »
    What I got from the interview is dark side is getting nothing until there's a dark side movie.

Dark side might get more characters through syar wars rebels or the Han solo movie coming out
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Snooze135 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Someone post a TL:DW summary please.

For those wondering what was said about Rey.... She is expected by CG to be the best defensive character in the game to date. This is due to the focus of her kit being angled towards that as well as recent changes to their AI. The Dev team fully expects her to hold her own and even overthrow CLS in Arena. BB8 is the first hint towards an all-star team that was mentioned that she is included in. Overall we'll have to see what her capabilities are when we get our hands on her Friday!

I don't think he really said that she would overthrow CLS in arena. More that she wasn't meant to be as powerful as he was overall, but that she could beat him (and destroy Zarriss) in the right team. He also said that she was meant to dethrone Finn as the resistance leader.

Watch Warriors video. That's what he says (at exactly 11:20 into the video). In the other videos he retracts that to more of a stance that she will hold her own in the current meta.

Yeah, it's a bit of a mis-speak on my part. I don't mean "overthrow" as in "No more CLS in the meta". She should consistently beat CLS, though.

I hope this is not another misstatement, a tank Rey should consistently beat CLS...

Yes but if a cls consistently beats a tank Rey is it really a change/nudge etc in arena?

I expect to see her in teams but she will just replace one of the other 4 on the team not much change.

It is all wait and see I guess but I don't see a change from cls lead nor do I see players that don't get Rey having anything to worry about.

I will say I like the way most new characters leads Uniques are going more faction based and not apply to all so keep up the good work there.

Lol ok.

Good argument on that one… Also tell me if they are actually listen to us and not just hearing us, then why did they take away the Crystal pack that was so popular among players and was a monthly subscription in essence. Why have an a come back and told us why it was taken away?

Lol ok.

Good argument on that one… Also tell me if they are actually listen to us and not just hearing us, then why did they take away the Crystal pack that was so popular among players and was a monthly subscription in essence. Why have an a come back and told us why it was taken away?

Theres no point in arguing with you. And its pretty obvious the decision to take that away was above CG. They've made plenty of changes based on community feedback, but its stupid to assume that they're gonna do everything the community wants despite some people thinking they should.
  • I just want to know WHY ARE YOU SO BAD LOOKING OUR MONEY..... i have since game came out and this is the worst you have done so far... shame on you EA
  • Gk/zarris can easily beat CLS on offence. The question is can she hold on defence

Lol ok.

Theres no point in arguing with you. And its pretty obvious the decision to take that away was above CG. They've made plenty of changes based on community feedback, but its **** to assume that they're gonna do everything the community wants despite some people thinking they should.

Lol you started the arguing. But it’s funny how you sidestepped the logical choice they should have taken regarding this event and the crystals but I digress.
    Nobody expects the devs to listen to everything that is said on the forum. But when the vast majority of your players are asking for something that is reasonable and should be expected (multiple farming sources and crystal packs for the vets) then our requests should at least be acknowledged.