Player’s State of the Galaxy

Prev1
State of the Galaxy Player Side

Hello holotable devs, mods, managers.
I want to take this time to centralized the things that need to be addressed nor at least spoken about. I am just one person so I’m sure that while many will agree with me others will not, but this post is partly formed by what I have been reading and seeing on the forums.

Territory Battles-
I enjoy the new content and thank you for the tools they are a big help.
But....
Tb’s overall have been pretty bad. Ds Tb especially, was not balanced. People had fully geared/modded BH and couldn’t clear that mission.

Platoons-
There is so much to be said here. While most of understand the need for platoons it missed its mark. Then we got accustomed to it, and in the middle of a Tb you guys switched it up on us. This is not cool. I think with anything that happens now, leaves players thinking “bug or wai” like it or not this makes players lose trust and devalue what the devs say. And I get it, there are a lot more moving parts behind the scenes and decisions made by people we never come in contact with. (It is my hope those peeps will be able to read this) Wicket and Talzin in platoons is pretty gutsy. I myself as an officer/leader of a guild would never ask for anyone to platoon them. There are already mumblings of autoing Tb and skipping platoons. (I am with the former)

Rey’s Hero journey requirements-
Veteran Smugglers in 2 16 energy cantina nodes. With limited time and 2 days of double drops. ::eye roll:: I think the best compliments go to the players that say “it’s ok I’ll get it next time.”

Heroic Events-
They are way too long to acquire a character. I understand that they maybe will run more than once a month, but that still is way too vague and is causing players to lose interest, especially with all the requirements needed for tbs, some players aren’t even bothering with Wicket event.

Shady Changes-
Guild shop rework - amazing! But you guys upped the token price and removed toons from the stores and not a peep about it. Thanks to Kozi for actually letting us know and promised to be more forthcoming with these changes in the future. Remember what I said about platoons? Bug or Wai? The players trust.. this goes along with that.

BattleFront 2-
Different game than this one, and many people that I have spoken to really love the game. But with all the press about it, it’s bound to affect here. I’m not looking for free stuff out of it but to be mindful of the community you have here overlaps with that battlefront community.

State of The Galaxy-
Why am I doing this? This should have been a priority when ds Tb was released.

TW-
Fantastic new content. Please don’t sully it with platoons. This is one of the best received game modes.

Thank You-
Thank you to the active devs on here- Cap in particular he really goes above and beyond with the community and we all really appreciate it. Kozi and the mod squad thanks for doing the work in the trenches and taking the brunt of the backlash which isn’t even your fault.
NRAJ- thanks for the podcast interviews- I hope you do them more often and bring more members of the team to do so also.
An even bigger thank you to us. The player and the forumers that love this game enough to compliment and complain about it. To come on here and help other players or inform other players on all things swgoh.

As always thoughts, comments, trolls are highly appreciated.

Replies

• lol. Are you a mod? You will have a huge rant starting soon.
  • GW is zero fun now that it's... Well, I can't even use the word 'easy'. Even easy implies some possibility, even if small, of losing. It's literally impossible to loose currently. This needs addressed asap. Just give us the option to select our own difficulty, instead of assuming we all want a complete cake walk that's basically a button mashing chore that's required for rewards.
  • darn it. I've been watching this post. I was hoping it would get buried. The more you reply, the more it feeds him. Just look away!
  • Ansroff wrote: »
    darn it. I've been watching this post. I was hoping it would get buried. The more you reply, the more it feeds him. Just look away!

I agree, but I also want to make my opinion known to a forum of people who don't care.
    To address the GW, stop complaining, its old hat anyway. Let it go.
  • Lol. I don’t mind gw because there have been complaints about its difficulty for so long. I do miss the ability to test teams within it though.
  • Lol. I don’t mind gw because there have been complaints about its difficulty for so long. I do miss the ability to test teams within it though.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely hated facing the titans and then the olympians for node 11 and 12. At that time I had 0 gear 12 characters and maybe a half dozen gear 11. I was put up against a full gear 12 meta team every single time for 11 and 12. How fair is that?
  • As I see it;
    TB- I want more consistency, lightside is 45 stars and 6 waves, while dark is 48 and 4 waves. I assume the difficulty will be adjusted if not that can be added. As for platoons I also hate how they add some characters like the new nightsisters or Wicket, and one potentially fix along side removing them until more people can get them, is expand them. so it can be any character from their light/dark side.
    Heroic events- annoying. Event themselves are fairly fun (except the Ewok I still can't beat it and have decided screw it he ain't worth it) but only 10 shards a month is abysmal. I feel it should be at minimum 25 meaning it'd take 14 months to go from nothing to max. And have it be for truly unique and powerful characters. Zombie and Talzin are good but spirit and Wicket aren't. So eh, 1/2. Also for the sprit/zombie thing. Either massively increase the amount of shards (say 40-60) or keep the 25ish but give both characters each time
    Changes- upset to see Baze gone cause I wanted to farm him but I'm not doing his hard node u less I desperate need him (which I don't) I feel guild store should be used for hard to get characters like Shore, Baze, high end cantina like anyone on 8, etc to justify the limited currency drops and 2 great and exclusive characters in there
    Battlefront- not really related to us besides maybe adding Iden or Del. But after actually seeing the campaign combined with the "galaxy of Rebels" people I can see why they didn't
    TW- only problem is ties, which I'm sure they're fixing. Other than that only future map suggestions. Which as I'm thinking; geonosis for clone wars factions, or moriband for Jedi/Sith

Liking the game so far. Hope it'll last past ep9
  • Why does he have to be a mod to post something like this? Anyone who has spent time on the forums can see a lot of things he is talking about is definitely stuff you will see often here on the forums.

I agree with all points. But will say. Our opinion on the forum doesn’t matter. We talk with our wallets. That’s the voice that is heard. Even TW. What do you think would happen if they made the power requirement 5000 instead of 6000. This was carefully planned. As to break the 6k threshold either requires max level gear 6 or g7 with a couple pieces. Which encourages people to buy the mid level gear from the stores. If 5k was required instead of 6k you would no longer have to buy/farm to get characters over that threshold.
    As far as platoons. They want it so at least one person in every guild drops $300 on a new character to help the guild out. Sometimes more. As far as the hero and legendary events. Making them more fluid with the game would hinder their ability to force panic farm. Like this recent thrawn event they had a $99.99 Phoenix squad bundle in the store. Like seriously? Lol. If the event happened more often people wouldn’t feel the pressure to buy those packs. While you are right that a lot of people have just given up on it. Those people don’t matter to them. Only the people that fill their pockets matter.
    Vet farming. Pretty clearly a money grab panic farm. Pretty standard practice for them at this point.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely hated facing the titans and then the olympians for node 11 and 12. At that time I had 0 gear 12 characters and maybe a half dozen gear 11. I was put up against a full gear 12 meta team every single time for 11 and 12. How fair is that?

For sure. I would test teams on all nodes but 6,9,11. Crazy unfair peeps to play CLS 3 times in gw. And as much as us old timers say “we did it, with one boot walking up a snowy hill,” we didn’t face the CLS caliber type toons. Things should be challenging and rewarding but that mountain is a bit much.
  • And to add to Tb- the rewards issue- bugs happen but some ppl still don’t have them. Also the platoon exploit and how that was handled was a little tone deaf in writ- but from what i understand those that got banned were deserving of it.

For sure. I would test teams on all nodes but 6,9,11. Crazy unfair peeps to play CLS 3 times in gw. And as much as us old timers say “we did it, with one boot walking up a snowy hill,” we didn’t face the CLS caliber type toons. Things should be challenging and rewarding but that mountain is a bit much.

I'm just worried that if they change it again, That is where I'll be. GW is a lot easier, and I can play it with one or two teams and not loose a character, but its old and the game is moving towards guild activities. With there being a credit crunch like there is, especially with credit heist in need of a massive rework, imho, might as well enjoy getting something from gw.
  • While I appreciate the sentiment of this thread.
    Its a broken record that is not needed.
    Nothing new is being said. When interviewed yesterday dev said they are aware of changes we want.
    Answer:
    Some you will get and some you won't.
    People ask for gw to be fixed for a long time, days after people ask to fix it again.
    First off it's not a democracy, but even if it was, still can't please everyone and can't meet all the requests.
    You give them no time and no credit.
    They added tools to tb
    Nerfed gw
    Shortened timer on challenges
    Have been giving us ways to get more gear and zeta
    Created a new toon to combat cls( jrey )
    Launched tw( very cool mode)
    And I'm sure I'm missing something else.
    And almost instantly people complain, ask for more changes, threatening to quit.
    It is impossible to please some people
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I am only laughing when there is event with wickets shards.:) for sure i wont be playing so long to have him at 7 stars. I think there should be achievement for owning 7 stars Wicket:). Would be cool to have three tiers of difficulty for GW. I cant test some teams when GW is so easy. Also would be great if I could sim GW. And last very important thing:), no waiting time for next battle in arena. To play 5 fights i need something like 40 minutes. This is too much.
  • Teague wrote: »
    GW is zero fun now that it's... Well, I can't even use the word 'easy'. Even easy implies some possibility, even if small, of losing. It's literally impossible to loose currently. This needs addressed asap. Just give us the option to select our own difficulty, instead of assuming we all want a complete cake walk that's basically a button mashing chore that's required for rewards.

its old as hell it shoudlnt be hard anymore, theres already far too much content in this mobile game last thing people want is 30+ mins in GW
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    While I appreciate the sentiment of this thread.
    Its a broken record that is not needed.
    Nothing new is being said. When interviewed yesterday dev said they are aware of changes we want.
    Answer:
    Some you will get and some you won't.
    People ask for gw to be fixed for a long time, days after people ask to fix it again.
    First off it's not a democracy, but even if it was, still can't please everyone and can't meet all the requests.
    You give them no time and no credit.
    They added tools to tb
    Nerfed gw
    Shortened timer on challenges
    Have been giving us ways to get more gear and zeta
    Created a new toon to combat cls( jrey )
    Launched tw( very cool mode)
    And I'm sure I'm missing something else.
    And almost instantly people complain, ask for more changes, threatening to quit.
    It is impossible to please some people

I do give them a lot of credit and understand that there is a lot more going on behind scenes and that they cannot give everything away or even say anything. This is more to spur a response in what I feel is a state of the galaxy that is needed to come from the devs. Thanks for filling in some of the missing pieces I forgot to mention .
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

5 bucks for an in depht respons from yours truly. =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

iTunes or google play?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

TW-
    Fantastic new content. Please don’t sully it with platoons. This is one of the best received game modes.

It's funny because my guild despises TW. But the biggest issue we have here is that the rewards structure and guild event cadence now results in a significant drop in rewards from what we were looking at with just LS TB.
  • +1
  • @Kyno Why is this in off-topic?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • leef wrote: »

iTunes or google play?

I tunes for me.
  • In Direct Response:

TB Tools - The tools are a half-measure to appease the community. They make up for a lack of communication which may help weaker guilds, but highly organized top guilds have no need for them at all, in addition, if players were taught to think and understand how the feature worked they could make choices for themselves, I know this is not realistic for all, maybe not even many players.

TB Balance - Bounty Hunters are a garbage faction, that is an issue. In terms of balance I think they picked good factions for requirement, it makes you expand your roster well outside of “meta” toons. Beyond that, the RNG involvement of Elite spawning, and which elites spawn, seems to have little rhyme or reason, that is both good - Not always will a top player be successful and “carry” - and bad, - Even a fully juiced team can fail - which is especially frustrating for a weaker player when it may be your only good team.

Platoon Changes - On the fly, again, effects the high end and the low end very differently. The more set you are in organization, the less able you are to adapt. Using “premium” characters in platoons again has positive and negative aspects. Overall, it's like an achievement to have and succeed.

TB Auto - To me, auto’ing is akin to putting a 0, it means you showed up and wanted to play, but you don’t enjoy your time. Time constraint issues aside, If you do not enjoy playing I suggest you do not.

Hero Requirements - Bold placements perhaps, but after how Luke rolled out, and how long they were available in Shipments I have no sympathy. Even the cadence of the “rushed” BB8 event screamed shades of R2D2. If you wanted them, they were achievable.

Heroic Events - Platoons aside, no event character is “required” aside from Hoth Heroes, CLS coming from an event. I myself have no interest in Wicket, ewoks have no value in the game at present outside of a LS team with synergy, Talzin is better but the previous statement applies.

Changes - I think the positives heavily outweigh the negatives here, community relations could be handled better in almost every case (always room to improve).

In general response:
    No matter what the Dev’s do, some players will always be upset. I truly believe if you removed the micro transaction aspect from the game, no one would complain about anything the way they do now. Progressional achievement is paramount to the longevity of a game. What point would there be in rolling out TB and having 100+ Guilds get 45 Stars right off the bat? What room for progress does that leave. There are so many individual aspects of the game that are positive and negative, and it is up to you as a player to interpret them for yourself.
  • I would like to see the Gear Crystal Purchase Cost in Shipments adjusted to be more Universal. 25 pieces for 375 crystals should be the cost for all Purple and Gold Gear Pieces.
  • Wow this got moved to off topic? R.I.P. State of the Galaxy :( I guess this is why these threads keep reappearing...

It might have been a mistake. @Ambassador @HeroOfCanton this belongs in general no?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Moved to Feedback/General.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/General.

It’s ok. Just shut it down.

No, here is the right place. I don’t know how it got sent to Off-Topic.
    Ambassador wrote: »

No, here is the right place. I don’t know how it got sent to Off-Topic.

Maybe @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_NotReallyAJedi could comment on this thread? It might alleviate the very common belief that Feedback is where discussions go to die.
This discussion has been closed.