Rey (Jedi Training) Hero's Journey is very disappointing

Prev1
JamzDatt
72 posts Member
edited December 2017
I had come to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to 7* the vets in time to complete Rey's Journey. I was content with going through the first two or three Tiers and then hit the paywall.

Upon completing Tier one, I see that the rest of the event is behind the paywall that is the 7* vets. I can't begin to describe how disappointing this was/is. I think that while trying to build all of this hype, you have forgotten the majority of your audience.

I understand that the whales fund this game and they are important to the ongoing success of the game, but as a free to play player, I was convinced that I would find myself spending money to get Rey (Jedi Training). Then both vets drop on 16 energy cantina nodes. Even if I buy the pack for 50 shards each I will end up short. I saved crystals for this event.

That last paragraph is largely venting, as I've accepted my fate. I'm just incredible disappointed that I can only play one tier of this event for a character I love.

Anybody else?

Replies

• Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier? If you follow the progression Han and Chewie are next. It is what it is on this one. The event will be back in 4- 6 months probably and you can run the full one then.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    Me , but not surprised from EA . They started when they put the 2 vets on 16 nods cantina . Then with this event where in tiers 2 you need 7* toons . What a joke for most of their players .

This actually feels like the 2nd anniversary of the game. Announcement said for all players to celebrate and next sentence said android players get a promo. How cool was that? :)

Can’t understand why it wasn’t handled like Luke’s event. Another missed opportunity there.
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier? If you follow the progression Han and Chewie are next. It is what it is on this one. The event will be back in 4- 6 months probably and you can run the full one then.

My point is that if it was even 6* vets required for Tier 2, it would've been more accessible to a ton more people.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier?
    The same way they have all the other events up to this point? (i.e. lower star characters for lower tiers).

The fact that this event breaks from the model they have used for these types of events over the past two years and moves from the normal "freemium" model to a clear "pay to play" one is the concern.

But, hey, celebrate!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier? If you follow the progression Han and Chewie are next. It is what it is on this one. The event will be back in 4- 6 months probably and you can run the full one then.

First tier should have required nothing more than Rey. The Devs went out of their way to make it seem like only Rey was required for the whole thing, of course no one believed that. There's really no point of doing any tiers if you can't unlock her aside from seeing the content, and you can youtube that.

I am pretty disappointed, but at least the movie was good. Here's to hoping they add more soon.
  • They could have very easily made the vet requirements for tier 2 be something less than 7* to appease the 95% of the player base that is now locked out. We now essentially have the movie release and NO special event or promotion for the majority of fans to enjoy. Can't we atleast get double drops or a crystal bonus or something?
  • Tier VI its imposible. Not even with a Zeta Finn, both (Ray) including Gear XII, MODs 5 dot, Full Abilities... Kylo Ren es imposible to kill at least in my 40+ attempts so far.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier?
    The same way they have all the other events up to this point? (i.e. lower star characters for lower tiers).

The fact that this event breaks from the model they have used for these types of events over the past two years and moves from the normal "freemium" model to a clear "pay to play" one is the concern.

But, hey, celebrate!

Well you could make the same argument for CLS...he was the first character to unlock at 7*, so the event broke from the model they had used for these type of events over the past two years.

BTW I've spent a total of $22 on the game via the since-removed crystal 21-day booster and I'm 12 shards from getting the vets to 7*.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Use the special ability when it pops up. You can't kill Kylo. It's like Old Ben's part of the CLS event.
  • If i couldn't unlock her then playing the event would be insignificant to me. I think this post is pretty ridiculous
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I didn't have Old Ben unlocked for CLS so I couldn't even do Tier 1. I lived.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @RickOneMex ... see above comment .. Rey has a new special that starts inn cooldown like the Old Ben sacrifice from CLS journey .
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    If i couldn't unlock her then playing the event would be insignificant to me. I think this post is pretty ridiculous

I would want to play Tier 2 just for the 40 crystals and 200k credits, not to mention, y'know, having fun. I know I can't unlock her, but they could have scaled the rarity requirements from 2-3 stars up to 7 for the last tier.
  • It is dumb. THey didn't need to require 7* throughout. Why they want NOBODY participating in their event celebrating TLJ is dumbfounding.
  • RickOneMex wrote: »
    Tier VI its imposible. Not even with a Zeta Finn, both (Ray) including Gear XII, MODs 5 dot, Full Abilities... Kylo Ren es imposible to kill at least in my 40+ attempts so far.

You are supposed to use Rey's additional ability to the right. He is intentionally impossible to kill.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I didn't have Old Ben unlocked for CLS so I couldn't even do Tier 1. I lived.

Cool story, bruh.
    If i couldn't unlock her then playing the event would be insignificant to me. I think this post is pretty ridiculous

i think most posts on this forum are ridiculous
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But, hey, celebrate!

Well you could make the same argument for CLS...he was the first character to unlock at 7*, so the event broke from the model they had used for these type of events over the past two years.

BTW I've spent a total of $22 on the game via the since-removed crystal 21-day booster and I'm 12 shards from getting the vets to 7*.

But with the CLS legendary event you could at least play the first 4 tiers (and get the crystal and credit rewards) before hitting the 7* lock-out at tier 5: https://swgoh.gg/db/events/luke-skywalker-heros-journey/
  • What does it really matter if you can't complete tier 2? Getting stalled at tier 2 or tier 5 is all the same. If you can't complete all 7 tiers you won't get Rey anyway.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Lebronaims wrote: »

I'd wager that, to the majority of the player base who don't have 7* vets, still being able to obtain the crystals and credits for completing the previous tiers is not "pretty ridiculous."

I play the game to...you know, play. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Adelka wrote: »
    What does it really matter if you can't complete tier 2? Getting stalled at tier 2 or tier 5 is all the same. If you can't complete all 7 tiers you won't get Rey anyway.

Again, considering the crystals and credits that could be won from each tier, it is not all the same.
  • I'm not going to whine about not having 7* vets. I'm not a whale but do spend a couple hundred over the span of a year on crystal packs etc. But, as I disagree with how this has gone down, whether my choices made or the devs, I'm simply not going to spend anymore. I believe there was a stat that 45% of income is still the casual spender. Well, if many players like myself go this way, that's a good chunk of income. In the mean-time, I will enjoy all else the game has to offer and buy a few more beers at the pub instead of on the game :)
  • I’m cool with not being able to unlock the premium pay character. But I’m excited about the movie and wish there were better Tie-ins. There were 8 characters released for Rogue One. So far just 2 alt versions of existing characters that are fairly unobtainable for their flagship movie series? Why not a free lame toon like Bistan for everyone to get something?
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    Yea this post will be moved to feedback shortly. Aka the graveyard.
    Rojas wrote: »

Yea because you guys are brainless **** that just accept the way things are rather than daring to question them. If the world was filled with people like you, the world would still be “flat” and we would still be communicating through the pony express.

Onto the post. Yep it’s bull. They know it. We know it. But it is what it is. Idk if any amount of hate posts on here will change things. But I’m definitely going to be supporting these posts as much as I can. This is not the way a game should be ran. We need to band together as a community to fight this or it will continue to happen.

Questioning them about something that matters is different than crying about not being able to play tiers in an event you cannot complete and will still get to play when you actually can complete it. Your response is brainless. If the point of the post was only that the Vets were a bad requirement in the first place then it would warrant everyones support. Instead since its main point is about not being able to access more tiers of the event it becomes Brainless like your response to Rojas
  • RickOneMex wrote: »
    Tier VI its imposible. Not even with a Zeta Finn, both (Ray) including Gear XII, MODs 5 dot, Full Abilities... Kylo Ren es imposible to kill at least in my 40+ attempts so far.

you don't kill kylo ren. it is the same situation with old Ben fighting Vader in CLS hee is journey. hit the button next to the abilities
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    Yea this post will be moved to feedback shortly. Aka the graveyard.
    Rojas wrote: »

Yea because you guys are brainless **** that just accept the way things are rather than daring to question them. If the world was filled with people like you, the world would still be “flat” and we would still be communicating through the pony express.

Onto the post. Yep it’s bull. They know it. We know it. But it is what it is. Idk if any amount of hate posts on here will change things. But I’m definitely going to be supporting these posts as much as I can. This is not the way a game should be ran. We need to band together as a community to fight this or it will continue to happen.

Questioning them about something that matters is different than crying about not being able to play tiers in an event you cannot complete and will still get to play when you actually can complete it. Your response is brainless. If the point of the post was only that the Vets were a bad requirement in the first place then it would warrant everyones support. Instead since its main point is about not being able to access more tiers of the event it becomes Brainless like your response to Rojas

Hahah you are correct that the point of the OP is about a tier in the event. But if you opened your eyes you would see that tier two of the event requires 7* vets. So by correlation this post is complaining about 7* vets. I’m sorry that connection was too hard for you to see. Good luck in future. I know logic is hard
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

But, hey, celebrate!

Yes whales and lite spender alike celebrate because u keep my entirely free to play but playing thank u and congrats on Rey. And the game is not pay to play more like pay to play right now. U get to play it for free just later because they have to make money u do understand that right . Yeah they could have made the tiers were u could play longer but get this they didn't because the ones that are on the fence buy it is giving you them a taste prompting them to spend. This is not only a ftp game they give u free stuff in the game exactly like those that spend u just have to wait or grind as people on this forum like to say. Or another choice u can always spend.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Just as a reminder:
    On the desert planet of Jakku, a series of events set into motion a journey that would change her life forever.

Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, you’ll be able to live Rey’s adventures through the Hero’s Journey special event. Experience some of her most thrilling moments as she progresses from a humble scavenger to making new allies to finding the legendary Luke Skywalker. Complete the event to unlock the next evolution of Rey and add her to your collection.

To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero’s Journey event...

Did I participate? I guess I did!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Unfortunately it's true!

Was hopping for a big surprise not only because is a hero toon, but due to all resources needed to spend farming vets. Totally regreat.

She's not balanced, she's just average. :s

Just wanna make things clear, don't take me wrong, if it's a hero that required 7* toons, including new vets, that means hard farm, she should be way better.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on