Rey (Jedi Training) Hero's Journey is very disappointing

2Next

Replies

• Paligap
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Super disappointed...no sense in really playing anymore if this is the model going forward. I have been a Star wars fan since the 70s and this just seems aimed at whales but making those that spend less frequently not able to participate in this much hyped event. #sad

• Options
    Moved to the Heroe’s Journeys subsection.
  • Options
    Paligap wrote: »
    Super disappointed...no sense in really playing anymore if this is the model going forward. I have been a Star wars fan since the 70s and this just seems aimed at whales but making those that spend less frequently not able to participate in this much hyped event. #sad

This is silly, the writing was on the wall on what was needed, I spent 30$ for the pack and am now just 4 shards away on Chewie to do the other tiers. It was absolutely possible with minimal spending as myself and others have stated.
  • Options
    To be honest, Rey's hero journey feels rushed. Requiring both vets 7* for Tier 2 when they haven't been F2P for even a month is pure greed. There wasn't even a part when Kylo killed Han. I feel like the devs simply wanted the event to coincide with TLJ, so they rushed to get it done on time. Had they not been in such a hurry or been so greedy, they could have put one of the vets in the arena shipments and another in the galactic war shipments, and at the very least included Han's death as a cutscene. Overall, Rey's event reminds me of Battlefront 2015, how they rushed to release it to coincide with The Force Awakens, and the game ended up being very lacklustre. A huge let down.
  • JamzDatt
    72 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think the overall theme here is that we shouldn't have to spend to complete, at the very least, two tiers of this event. The issue of both Vets being in the same spot and the separate issue of drops during the double drop events aren't even what I'm getting at.

Those are things I take exception to, but I was led to believe, that as a Hero's Journey, I would be able to complete more than on tier before hitting a paywall.
  • Options
    So I see a lot of arguing on the forums about the viability of unlocking Rey as a F2P. I myself was included and didn’t get anywhere with some but hopefully these numbers and facts do better.

Smugglers dropped into Cantina nodes on November 22. That means there were 23 days to realistically farm the Vets from Cantina. Assuming everyone started with them at 15/30 after the marquee event, that means people needed 265 crystals of each toon. So 530 shards total.

Each day you get 45 Free Cantina energy. Add in the 144 you get from refresh counter. Then add in at least three refreshes a day. That’s 489 energy a day good for roughly 30 spins. At a 25% drop rate (being generous actually) that’s about 8 (rounded up) shards per day. At 23 days that’s 184 shards from Cantina. Add in double drops for 4 days, and you add in another 32 shards. 216.....less than half what you needed.

Now to shipments. 314 shards left. 80 crystals per shard in shipements and you need....25120 crystals for those shipments. Roughly 1092 crystals a day!!!!

Tell me how thats true F2P without excessive hoarding? Or having been P2P to be that high in the arenas?
  • Options
    Eclipso wrote: »
    This is silly, the writing was on the wall on what was needed, I spent 30$ for the pack and am now just 4 shards away on Chewie to do the other tiers. It was absolutely possible with minimal spending as myself and others have stated.

How many refreshes did you do on average to get that? I've done on average 2 refreshes every day with saved crystals to obtain the vets and I'm still only at 5* and 6* due to the droprate.

Even with spending the $30 on the pack I wouldn't have been able to get them to 7* without spending significant money on crystals for purchase.

As soon as it was announced that the vets were required I knew I wouldn't get her this time around, however I'm surprised that it feels like the right design choice to make an event that maybe the top1-2% would be able to participate in. It just feels like a waste of design and ressources.

I missed CLS as well, but that was purely my own fault as there was plenty of time to get those characters, unlike this event.

The main concern is that if we look at CLS it hasn't been back yet and it feels like it was ages ago the event was there. As CLS is "required" in TB for certain things, it worries me that more and more of the playerbase will be removed from parts of the game, which cannot be great for the overall game health as I don't think it'll make the top 1-2% buy more stuff to remain ahead.

Just my two cents. :)

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So I see a lot of arguing on the forums about the viability of unlocking Rey as a F2P. I myself was included and didn’t get anywhere with some but hopefully these numbers and facts do better.

Smugglers dropped into Cantina nodes on November 22. That means there were 23 days to realistically farm the Vets from Cantina. Assuming everyone started with them at 15/30 after the marquee event, that means people needed 265 crystals of each toon. So 530 shards total.

Each day you get 45 Free Cantina energy. Add in the 144 you get from refresh counter. Then add in at least three refreshes a day. That’s 489 energy a day good for roughly 30 spins. At a 25% drop rate (being generous actually) that’s about 8 (rounded up) shards per day. At 23 days that’s 184 shards from Cantina. Add in double drops for 4 days, and you add in another 32 shards. 216.....less than half what you needed.

Now to shipments. 314 shards left. 80 crystals per shard in shipements and you need....25120 crystals for those shipments. Roughly 1092 crystals a day!!!!

Tell me how thats true F2P without excessive hoarding? Or having been P2P to be that high in the arenas?

U didn't include the fact that they were in shipments prior to being put into cantina or the fact that they had two double drops periods lasting two days each. Believe it or not there are ftp people at the top of their shards (both of them) who get crystals and I believe we got free 500 crystals for a screw during this time. Some of my guild mates got her ftp some only spent about 75 dollars . So What wait till next time or pay they have to make money events such as these do that. They can lower prices and people will spend more nope can't count on that it being a free game and all no pay wall just a pay right now wall or wait and get it free.
  • Options
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Ok, I understand how your feeling but lets be fair here how where should they have progressed after the fist tier? If you follow the progression Han and Chewie are next. It is what it is on this one. The event will be back in 4- 6 months probably and you can run the full one then.

First tier should have required nothing more than Rey. The Devs went out of their way to make it seem like only Rey was required for the whole thing, of course no one believed that. There's really no point of doing any tiers if you can't unlock her aside from seeing the content, and you can youtube that.

I am pretty disappointed, but at least the movie was good. Here's to hoping they add more soon.

They announced the requirements weeks ago. I'm not sure why you folks took the initial announcement of the event as "you'll only need rey".
  • Options
    The part that disappoints me is how hard the event is - they assume you have G10+ on everyone, and/or top 20 level arena mods on the character. I paid in for Rey (first time ever!) - but after seeing the gear gate (and the RNG **** they put on that **** trooper), I am certain that I won't do that again.
  • Options
    I don't have 7* Vets, but I was looking forward to playing it next time.

Then I saw the YouTube videos. They couldn't even bother to put the Han/Kylo moment in. The only moment I like was when Rey grabbed the lightsaber
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    They couldn't even bother to put the Han/Kylo moment in.

INRAJ addressed this in the interviews he did. He said that Rey was just a spectator for this and it wasn't really part of her journey, so it didn't belong in this event. It wasn't a matter of not bothering.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    They couldn't even bother to put the Han/Kylo moment in.

INRAJ addressed this in the interviews he did. He said that Rey was just a spectator for this and it wasn't really part of her journey, so it didn't belong in this event. It wasn't a matter of not bothering.

Han and Ben didn't actually fight, so it would have difficult to incorporate that scene into one of the battle waves. But it most definitely should have been included as a cut scene, or part of one anyway. We get Finn saying "He's Dead!", but there's no reference to who "he" is, or how he died. It's yet another example of how sloppy and rushed this event was. It could have been so much better in so many ways. But, nope. As it turns out, it's simply a disappointing event that unlocks a disappointing character. It's sad, really.
  • Options
    Look I wouldn’t mind getting Rey if they make her unlockable outside of the event. Otherwise it is kind of stupid to have this pay to win system.
  • Options
    I'm so angry with Burger King right now; I was digging in the trash outside the store ALL MORNING and all I got was 3 lousy whopper shards....I mean yeah, the whales are actually able to go inside and buy a full whopper, while the rest of us go hungry....it's not fair. This pay to eat system is greedy and ridiculous!