Dev Interview- NotReallyAjedi

1235Next

Replies

• Mullato wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ask yourself - when was the last time we had an event that required two toons that both had to be farmed from the same area and both have only been farmable for a month? The answer is none, because until this event, it had never happened. Phoenix were divided up across different farming locations.

Phoenix had two cantina characters. One of them was also in fleet, but with the rarity any given character actually shows up in fleet, there was no way you could do it without farming both in cantina.

- On the lowest energy nodes possible.
    - You didn't need them at 7*, thrawn could unlock at 5*
    - Thrawn was viable at 5*

It was completely possible for a f2p to get a 5*/6* thrawn without spending an absurd amounts of crystals.

Whereas here the f2p that were excited about the movie and fans of Rey are stuck twiddling thier fingers becsuse it was literally impossible. Unless you dropped everything, and haulted your game progress months ago to save all of your crystals.

We should all just copy and paste Nikoms reply
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ask yourself - when was the last time we had an event that required two toons that both had to be farmed from the same area and both have only been farmable for a month? The answer is none, because until this event, it had never happened. Phoenix were divided up across different farming locations.

Phoenix had two cantina characters. One of them was also in fleet, but with the rarity any given character actually shows up in fleet, there was no way you could do it without farming both in cantina.

- On the lowest energy nodes possible.
    - You didn't need them at 7*, thrawn could unlock at 5*
    - Thrawn was viable at 5*

It was completely possible for a f2p to get a 5*/6* thrawn without spending an absurd amounts of crystals.

Whereas here the f2p that were excited about the movie and fans of Rey are stuck twiddling thier fingers becsuse it was literally impossible. Unless you dropped everything, and haulted your game progress months ago to save all of your crystals.

Yep. This is about as opposite of "not frustrating players in a bad way" as you can get. EA/CG threw a party - and made sure 90%+ of the player base knew they weren't welcome.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dollars are votes, guys. The only way to expect a shift in corporate strategy is to close your wallets and say 'No'.
  • docmorbius wrote: »
    Dollars are votes, guys. The only way to expect a shift in corporate strategy is to close your wallets and say 'No'.

This

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    docmorbius wrote: »
    Dollars are votes, guys. The only way to expect a shift in corporate strategy is to close your wallets and say 'No'.

This too.

As long as unhappy/frustrated people keep playing...the owners of the game will keep pushing and pushing...why wouldn't they?

A heck of a lot of people here seemed to have missed Capitalism 101.

• docmorbius wrote: »

This too.

As long as unhappy/frustrated people keep PAYING...the owners of the game will keep pushing and pushing...why wouldn't they?

A heck of a lot of people here seemed to have missed Capitalism 101.
    FYP. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • When I look at all issues in game would suggest this guy to change his name to NotReallyADeveloper
  • pargame wrote: »
    When I look at all issues in game would suggest this guy to change his name to NotReallyADeveloper

There must be a reason you play this game nonetheless^^
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Hey, thank you for those interviews and really trying to answer the questions without violating the NDA with your company. Really appreciate the fact that you actually come on the forums and read our posts, reply or comment, and understand what we are looking for in game. The only thing I ask is more of the $5 packs for crew and older characters and maybe bring back the $10 daily crystal pack. Thanks.
  • Leparine wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    When I look at all issues in game would suggest this guy to change his name to NotReallyADeveloper

There must be a reason you play this game nonetheless^^

I play this game despite this. Reason is SW