What does it mean when all the teams are the same in Arena?

2Next

Replies

• I don’t have CLS, but would argue that gear level and the placement of zeta’s can make many teams relevant in the top 50 of arena. Empire, First Order, Resistance, Rebels with so many combos, Phoenix, Nightsisters and even Jedi. It’s simply who you put the work into and strategy.

People need to stop whining about how people who spend money have more toons than them. Continue to play for free, like I mostly do, or spend money yourself. If we didn’t have people spending so much money, we wouldn’t have this game. It’s how it works.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Zolaz wrote: »
    You mean to tell me that EA is making overpowered toons so that people feel compelled to buy them? That sounds like someone is more interested in a cash grab than a good game. Certainly EA wouldnt be doing that?

cough kitten
    Post edited by HeroOfCanton on
  • I don’t have CLS, but would argue that gear level and the placement of zeta’s can make many teams relevant in the top 50 of arena. Empire, First Order, Resistance, Rebels with so many combos, Phoenix, Nightsisters and even Jedi. It’s simply who you put the work into and strategy.

People need to stop whining about how people who spend money have more toons than them. Continue to play for free, like I mostly do, or spend money yourself. If we didn’t have people spending so much money, we wouldn’t have this game. It’s how it works.

I agree I maintain usually top 30 with a KRU lead FO teams granted all beside kru are g12 with great mods but I’ve been working on them since they came out. FO team when used correctly can take down any of the meta teams. I think you nailed it with it being who work on.
  • Lets just farm nightsisters fir goodness sake.
    So easy to farm and gear and cam climb to top of arena with low stars
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    It means most people are unoriginal and not creative.

That is a silly comment.

Its because those are pretty much the most powerful characters when used together.

Why would i want to play with a "creative team" if it loses me crystals at payout?

You're so wrong, there are many "creative teams" as you say that can easily beat any other team including CLS rebels meta, GK/zBarris and NS. For instance I use zzThrawn, DK, zDT, zST, and ShT. I always reach first place in arena and never fall more than 20-25 in a very competitive old shard.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    pinkfloyd wrote: »
    Mobewan wrote: »
    It means most people are unoriginal and not creative.

That is a silly comment.

Its because those are pretty much the most powerful characters when used together.

Why would i want to play with a "creative team" if it loses me crystals at payout?

You're so wrong, there are many "creative teams" as you say that can easily beat any other team including CLS rebels meta, GK/zBarris and NS. For instance I use zzThrawn, DK, zDT, zST, and ShT. I always reach first place in arena and never fall more than 20-25 in a very competitive old shard.

Well good for your creativity and finding a way to get top payout without CLS or zbariss, but i dont think you got my point.

He is insulting people for using the 5 very strong characters and not being creative.

I use a different team than 90% of people in my top 20, but i wouldnt insult the others as unoriginal. If i had their same characters geared up, i would use them too because they are stronger together, and i do just fine.
  • It means something I can't say without breaking the forum rules.
  • CLS has lead to the least diverse top 50 in older shards we've ever seen. I'm the only DS lead top 50, and it's flat out boring fighting the same 3 squads 5 times a day, everyday.

I, for one, welcome our new Nightsister overlords.
  • Just be glad full 7 star mother talzin/zombie teams aren’t everywhere yet. If they are, I feel sorry for the peeps on those shards.
  • I think that the reason that CLS hasnt been reintroduced is because they have recognized how overpowered and game breaking the character is. Because there would be a riot on the forums if they just flat out nerfed him they have instead hidden him away so that everyone who panic farmed gets their money's worth. We probably wont see CLS again until some other broken toon that you can panic farmed is introduced.

I just hope that it isnt another Rebel or LS toon. The DS could use a little love.
  • Can't solely blame devs for arena being mostly one sqaud.
    Fact is people see something work and everyone copies it.
    If new Rey is as good as dev said she is.
    Watch how many people abandon cls and get on new band wagon.
    There are other sqauds that can do great in arena.
    Tarkin,thrawn,shore,gk, r2 is deadly
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Can't solely blame devs for arena being mostly one sqaud.

I would love to face Tarkin, Thrawn, shore, gk, r2 teams. Who deals the damage in that squad?
  • Arena is silly right now but isn’t it always. I run cls cookie cutter to get my top 50 spot and enjoy the remainder of the game. Arena isn’t fun but it gets me some crystals. I find fun in the guild events.
  • Th3Ch40t1C
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I do not understand why people think that al teams are the same....
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P0iXqH9NLTo4HyS-uVtomTSJ9CkmyykD
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »

Because https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/
  • CleverWes wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »

I would love to face Tarkin, Thrawn, shore, gk, r2 teams. Who deals the damage in that squad?

Tarkin uses his basic 7 times to build up potency and offense, and hits ultimate firepower

On defense, it wont hold though
  • I don't get the make $ comment here - CLS, Raid Han, GK, Thrawn, and R2 are all free toons given out. Not one of them can even be purchased in packs. Many long-time F2P had CLS farmed day 1. GK / Han are raid farms. R2 and Thrawn events have been around multiple times now...it's so common because it is good and...it's super F2P friendly.

The voice of reason but the hey won't hear u. Say it again
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Because diversity does not make THEM money :)

r73VJe3.gif?noredirect

Why?
  • Goober1_ wrote: »

Who deserves the blame? The people playing the game or the people designing the game?
  • Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »

Because https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/
    ........... i hope u know that i didnt ask that seriously
  • I don't get the make $ comment here - CLS, Raid Han, GK, Thrawn, and R2 are all free toons given out. Not one of them can even be purchased in packs. Many long-time F2P had CLS farmed day 1. GK / Han are raid farms. R2 and Thrawn events have been around multiple times now...it's so common because it is good and...it's super F2P friendly.

it is not friendly for newer players
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    I don't get the make $ comment here - CLS, Raid Han, GK, Thrawn, and R2 are all free toons given out. Not one of them can even be purchased in packs. Many long-time F2P had CLS farmed day 1. GK / Han are raid farms. R2 and Thrawn events have been around multiple times now...it's so common because it is good and...it's super F2P friendly.

it is not friendly for newer players

That's true for most things in this game.
  • Everyone, based on EA's track record we can all feel safe that they wont engage in predatory business practices. I feel super safe, dont you?
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    How iconic the character is fits into their power as well. Imagine the disappointment if CLS was just as good as the Snowtrooper with nothing special separating them. It doesn't mean Snowtrooper is un-useful/ And yeah, arena is just one aspect of this game, albiet important.
  • It means the developers made 5 characters that work extremely well together
  • Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    How iconic the character is fits into their power as well. Imagine the disappointment if CLS was just as good as the Snowtrooper with nothing special separating them. It doesn't mean Snowtrooper is un-useful/ And yeah, arena is just one aspect of this game, albiet important.
    Arena is important. It gives u 500 crystals / day on rank 1
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    It means the developers made 5 characters that work extremely well together
    Or they made 5 chars that just fit in any team