Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler thread

Replies

• As a movie, I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.
    As star wars, it gets a 5 at best.

What was even the purpose of that movie? It was like, what, 24 hours of in-universe time? Literally nothing happened. Almost everyone is at the same place as after the Force Awakens.

- Rey is still untrained and doesn't know where she belongs etc.
    - Kylo is still conflicted inside, but an apparently bad guy.
    - The (still) underdogs Resistance (now called Rebels) is fighting a First Order for reasons.

Snoke - the by far strongest force user we've ever seen, he moved a guy on another ship with the force! - died like nothing. What was even his purpose? You don't want to have an overarching, behind the scenes bad guy like Emperor Palpatine fine. Kill him off in the second movie, without ever getting anything about him or who he is? Meh...

Don't even get me started on Luke... You'd expect him doing something important and all we got was an astral projection. He spent a couple of minutes "training" Rey. At least in ESB we got the illusion of a long time passing during Luke's training. Oh, he also burnt those ancient texts. So what? Why were they important?

The Force got massacred. I was almost constantly thinking "That's not how the Force works!". From the space survival abilities and flying skills of Leia, to the projection of Luke across the galaxy, to a force ghos summoning lightning like a level 33 Elemental Mage. Snoke's powers were OP too, but I was ok with it because he's supposed to be this unknown and allegedly powerful creature.

So we didn't learn anything about Snoke, we didn't learn anything about Rey (no way she's a nobody) and nothing happened to the main protagonists of the new saga (Rey and Kylo) to progress their development, other than cosmetic changes. The Resistance is where it was during TFA, just like the FO.

After TFA I was excited to see where all this is going. Now I feel kind of indifferent. What's left for Episode IX, a big showdown of Kylo v Rey and Resist... Rebels v the First Order? Meh... Who's even the First Order, why do they rule the galaxy, why are they named First Order, who founded them?

This felt like an anthology film, not connected to the rest of the saga (or a long mid-season finale of a tv show).
  • "Snoke was a CGI nobody, no back story, he died way too easily."

Emperor Palpatine was the same. We knew nothing about the guy and Vader just threw him down a hole.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    "Snoke was a CGI nobody, no back story, he died way too easily."

Emperor Palpatine was the same. We knew nothing about the guy and Vader just threw him down a hole.

Not true at all. We got tons of backstory on him. Also, he provided the vehicle to drive Vader into finally seeing some light and saving his son, at the cost of his life. When he died, the empire fell. Snoke and his death literally had no impact on anything.
  • @KorAgaz For a brief moment when Finn opens a compartment on the Falcon you see the ancient Jedi texts in there. Rey got them out before Yoda burnt that place like Mustafar did Anakin
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    LordDirt wrote: »
    "Snoke was a CGI nobody, no back story, he died way too easily."

Not true at all. We got tons of backstory on him. Also, he provided the vehicle to drive Vader into finally seeing some light and saving his son, at the cost of his life. When he died, the empire fell. Snoke and his death literally had no impact on anything.

When in Episode 4-6 did we get a backstory on Palpatine? Snoke's death gives Kylo the strength to finally become who he was meant to be. He is in total control of the FO and the dark side.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    @KorAgaz For a brief moment when Finn opens a compartment on the Falcon you see the ancient Jedi texts in there. Rey got them out before Yoda burnt that place like Mustafar did Anakin

Where is Luke's green saber? Anakin's blue one is destroyed. Rey going to learn to make her own from the Jedi books for IX?

• They're just going to have to make prequels to the sequels of the original trilogy that are hoping better than first prequels..
  • Some of these Comments here make think that no one really got the little nuances in the movie. Most of everything was explained had a purpose. Everyone so hurt over that Snoke was so over confident he couldnt tell that Kylo ren was actually going kill him heck we see where he almost tried to strike Snoke even before that scene when Snoke was berating him in the beginning of the movie. His purpose was to show that Kylo always wanted his spot on that throne like its always supposed to Happen with the rule of two. A Master too rule and a Apprentence To crave the power and eventually overthrow or kill The master. I am not going to write a Novel to explain everything for those who didnt get most things.

My Opinion is this was my Favorite Star Wars Movie of all time had exactly what i wanted except for the wasted Phasma part since that is a character that i like a lot that was the one of very few parts i had a issue with. And anyone saying the Force doesnt work that way its out of their mind, the force works they way it wants too work. No one remember Yoda telling luke when trying to lift the Xwing out of the swamp that its not how heavy a object is its your belief that you can do it or not. So basically if you believe that you can do it the force can do anything. I think this movie is too complex for Casual fans and there are too many haters of the new star wars stuff that i think some people are trolling.
  • Phasma fell into a fire. We didn't see her die, which means not dead. Her armor is made from the hull of a star destroyer. She might have a messed up, or burned out eye, but she's going to be back. She and Hux are going to stage a mutiny.

In the scene where Rey says she knew the cave would lead her to knowledge of her parents, when she says the word parents, the silhouette of CLS is clearly visible behind the mirror. Luke is definitely Rey's daddy - or at least the source of her DNA, as the line of infinite Reys suggests that perhaps she is a clone. I really hope she's not a clone as this is more of a callback to the Trilogy Which Shall Remain Nameless, but either way, she's definitely a Skywalker.

Snoke's death definitely felt cheap, but I am hoping that Rian Johnson's 3 movie deal will revolve around Snoke's origins. We could do with a good dark side trilogy, and I think everyone wants more backstory on Snoke.

Yoda being able to smack Luke in the face means that Luke being dead really changes nothing for his ability to communicate with and teach Rey in the ways of the force - especially since she stole the Jedi books from the tree before Yoda burned it down (and he knew it too, sneaky green smurf that he is).

I do not like the foreshadowed idea of some terrible love triangle (pentagon) involving Kylo, Rey, Poe, Finn, and Rose. Every time they forced the whole Finn and Rose relationship story I couldn't help seeing Cartman's face saying minorities belong together. It was only made worse with the cheesy flirty grin between Poe and Rey at the end. My biggest fear going into this movie was that they were going to somehow turn this into the Twilight Wars, and these developments did not allay that fear.
  • Radonis wrote: »
    Some of these Comments here make think that no one really got the little nuances in the movie. Most of everything was explained had a purpose. Everyone so hurt over that Snoke was so over confident he couldnt tell that Kylo ren was actually going kill him heck we see where he almost tried to strike Snoke even before that scene when Snoke was berating him in the beginning of the movie. His purpose was to show that Kylo always wanted his spot on that throne like its always supposed to Happen with the rule of two. A Master too rule and a Apprentence To crave the power and eventually overthrow or kill The master. I am not going to write a Novel to explain everything for those who didnt get most things.

My Opinion is this was my Favorite Star Wars Movie of all time had exactly what i wanted except for the wasted Phasma part since that is a character that i like a lot that was the one of very few parts i had a issue with. And anyone saying the Force doesnt work that way its out of their mind, the force works they way it wants too work. No one remember Yoda telling luke when trying to lift the Xwing out of the swamp that its not how heavy a object is its your belief that you can do it or not. So basically if you believe that you can do it the force can do anything. I think this movie is too complex for Casual fans and there are too many haters of the new star wars stuff that i think some people are trolling.

Very few movies are too complex. If you think that you've cracked this secret hidden code, you're delusional.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • fascizio wrote: »
    As a huge fan of SW, I have read all the books in the new canon, watched EVERYTHING, played all of the games etc. After seeing TLJ I have never been more disappointed in a movie in my life. Literally everything about it was garbage. Whoever the writers are, they need to take a basic fiction writing class, because they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

And I honestly couldn't disagree more. What exactly was "garbage?" Because, outside of the Leia bridge scene that seemed way out of place given the only time we've seen her "use" the force has been passive stuff like sensing people in distress or sensing people dying, I can't think of anything that I had a negative opinion on. Some meh moments to be sure, but some awesome stuff in there as well.

Well TFA laid out some rather intriguing questions. Who are the Knights of Ren? Who is Snoke? Who are Rey's parents? What will come of Phasma? What about Finn? ...
    Well I would say that just because they weren't definitively answered in this film doesn't mean there won't be answers in the next film, it is a trilogy after all.

Snoke was a CGI nobody, no back story, he died way too easily.
    Snoke is just the latest victim of the "arrogance of people in power" theme that has been in Star Wars since the beginning. You can say the same thing about Tarkin after the original. He was a dude that was so powerful and respected he ordered Vader around. Then he died with minimal backstory (at the time) because he was arrogant. Palpatine followed the same path, and they used the theme again in the prequels with the Jedi. Just because Snoke falls into the same category doesn't mean we've learned all we will about him.
    Knights of Ren weren't even mentioned.
    I assume they're the students that Luke mentions Kylo running off with. Would have been nice to see them, but with Kylo in charge now I'd more expect to see them for Ep 9. If they don't show up then I'll definitely be disappointed.
    Rey's parents? Nobody
    Says Kylo, who is actively trying to turn her and was also being manipulated by Snoke when he came upon that revelation. This one in particular doesn't make sense with what we saw in 7. (If they sold her "for a few drinks" how did they afford to fly away in a ship?) I think this is a falsehood in the realm of "vader betrayed and murdered your father." If it's not I'll be right on board with you disliking this point.
    Phasma? Useless nobody
    This one I'll totally agree with you on. One fight where she loses because she gets easily distracted. We're not certain she dies, but at this point I'm not sure I want to see her come back if this is the treatment she's gonna get in the movies.
    Finn and his forced lover? Nobody, with completely pointless story arcs that had no reason to even be in the movie.
    Yeah, this was a meh arc for me. The revelation that the same people were selling to the bad guys and the good guys at the same time was interesting, but not interesting enough to warrant the amount of screen time this arc got. In the end I like Finn though and I feel like John Boyega carried his scenes pretty well, so it wasn't a total waste of time for me.
    Codebreaker? A complete waste of Benicio del Toro, and of any character. Literally hyped up for nothing at all.
    Yeah, for as much time as that arc had they should have used him more/better.
    The entire movie was a joke, too much humour was forced, which made Hux and the FO seem like a joke. 80% of the movie was a super boring ship chase which resulted in a very anti-climactic manner.
    I enjoy the humor, there was humor in the original trilogy, and humor in real life, sometimes in serious moments even. I feel like that's part of why DC movies always seem to fall so flat, they just take themselves too seriously all the time...
    Why didn't they have Leia replace Holdo driving the ship? That would've been the most Leia way to go out. They let her live and she did nothing the rest of the movie.
    I think they felt like they really needed that Luke/Leia scene at the end. I'm not sure your way wouldn't have been better, but I like that the siblings got some moment of closure too...
    It was an ok "movie" but it was terrible "Star Wars movie."

To each their own I guess :)
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Need old man luke in movie !!!

That's all I'm saying,,you kill 1 the other 1 still alive....
  • So how did Rey get off the Supremecy and back into the Millenium Falcon?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So how did Rey get off the Supremecy and back into the Millenium Falcon?

Chewie presumably picked her up during the chaos following snoke’s death and holdo’s crash
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Impressions:

I get the feeling that Rian Johnson didn’t really like TFA, and I’m reminded that JJ Abrams made Lost: that was another instance of throwing things at the wall to see what sticks, then having to come back later to clean it all up:
    - Phasma: cool looking, no real purpose in TFA; gets thrown down a garbage chute. Comes back in TLJ - gets killed off (maybe not, but based on the sort of ‘cutting out the dead weight’ feel of the movie I’m still thinking yes)
    - Rey’s parents - big mystery in TFA; nope - they were nobodies after all. Rey is unique and interesting because she is who she is.
    - Snoke - extremely powerful, has obviously been through some bad **** - who could it possibly be?; doesn’t matter anymore. He’s dead

Also some weird moments that seemed way too forced, or picked up and later dropped:
    - ‘got them on a string’. Ooh, interesting - why is Snoke so gleeful about this? Do they have a spy in the Resistance sending them intel? Is this a mystery that they’ll solve by the end of the movie, just in the nick of time? Nope. The FO just has some new tech.
    - The SuperLeia thing was just ridiculous. But so was the fact that no one addessed it. Just ‘oh, look at that! Now let’s never speak of it again...’
    - Why was Benicio del Toro even in the movie? Guessing something more next movie? Or, if they’re true to form, We’ll see him get killed off in a 30 second snippet about 45 minutes into movie 9?

That being said - I still enjoyed it. I think the acting from the principal players was very good, and I thought Mark Hamill was amazing - he’s come light years from the semi-woodiness of the original triology. Agree that his death was kinda crap, but he really did go out on a high note.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    The first part of the movie was great, the drama and the bombers. The rest of the movie was a toss up for me. The chewy scene with the furry creatures was funny, the yoda scene was great, the new AT-M6 walkers were cool. It was also neat that they put a regular ATAT beside the AT-M6 to show how much bigger they were. Kylo Ren as the new leader of the first order is a bit meh to me.

It leaves a bitter taste in my darkside mouth now that Snoke is dead because who will Capital games now make as a darkside toon to compete against CLS and Jedi Training Rey?

Hopefully not another Josh Groban toon.

Dont forget that Leia scene....you know.... THAT horrible scene that in my opinion almost killed the franchise lol.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I enjoyed the movie, but definitely felt it was lacking something.

- I did enjoy Rose as a character, even if she has a one-sided crush on Finn.
    - The reunion between Rey and Finn was nice.
    - One of the things I did like about Luke in this movie was his ability to troll people. Obi-Wan and Yoda were both masters of this art, especially in Clone Wars. Luke has truly learned from the best.
    - Blue Leader and the A-Wings, it was nice to have a female squad leader. Only wish B-Wings had been in the movie.
    - The Falcon chase seen using the ESB music. It just felt classic Star Wars.
    - FO Officers that seemed competent that were not Hux.

Fond Farewell to Admiral Ackbar. He died on the bridge of a Mon Cal Cruiser.

Things I disliked:
    - Leia's survival.
    - Poe throughout the entire movie. I just did not enjoy his character at all.
    - BB8 stealing an AT-ST
  • Just came back from seeing it. Liked some things, hated some things. Will have to see it again to form a solid opinion.

First impression: cool, what? Cool, what?! Cool, ****?! The end. ****.
  • MrThamer87
    226 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Im not a fan its a great film but not a great star wars film to many niggly parts for me and is the kid at the end going to have any significance
  • I'm really looking forward to a fan edit of this whole new trilogy. There's a lot of good material to work with and make something epic.

About TLJ, I foresee this being the most polarizing film of the series, with the possible exception of AotC.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The biggest question about the movie is this: Did Johnson shake things up enough to force JJ to make something actually original for ep. IX?
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Here is my 2 cents.

Overall: the movie is great. that being said, there are severe plot and pacing issues. I'll try and hit on some major gripes that I'm reading; so please look for the sections that interest you.... this is going to be long :-)

I have a hard time understanding my people hated the Leia space scene. it was magical and honestly something I've been waiting for for years. Leia is a Skywalker, she is incredibly powerful! Just because she didn't have training by Yoda, doesn't mean that Luke didn't at least teach her how to use it to save herself in the event of an emergency. I'm willing to bet she's even more powerful than the movie lets on.

The humor... there were definitely instances of it where it was great, and some where it was out of place. 2 moments that stand out to me are the very beginning where Luke tosses the lightsaber, and right after Kylo orders the massive attack on Luke and Hux ask if he "got him". those were intense scenes, and didn't require a laugh. however, they did yield laughs in my theatre, so were they really bad?

The chase scene... lots of things going on here. First I want to say Vice Admiral Holdo, Laura Dern, absolutely KILLED this role. I loved every second of her even when we were meant to hate her. fantastic character, and portrayed perfectly. Poe may have been a bit overacted, but I think it was because they had to force the odd vegas scene down our throats to continue the plot. The whole code breaker arc was just not good. visually stunning, and Finn and Rose were actually pretty good, but they made it to god knows where in a few hours, got arrested, met Benecio Deltoro's terrible character by happenstance, and then made it back to a **** thats been traveling extremely fast in a straight line for hours, ONLY for that plan to completely fail???? Lord have mercy. what a huge mess smack in the middle of this. I think I'll need to see it again to appreciate it, but I just felt so rushed during this entire portion.

Snoke... Honestly I am a little disappointed. he was menacing, and he got the evil mastermind thing across to the audience. My only problem was the lack of explanation. If I could have learned where he came from, if he was a Sith, and just how powerful he is, THEN he dies 20 minutes later, I wouldn't have cared. but we got none of that and he was gone. I was also fine with the way he died, just again, too short lived with no explanation.

Rey lineage ... I was a Kenobi holdout, and if you would have told me a month ago that was a nobody, I would have been disappointed, but seeing the scene, and Daisy as well as Adam's performance, made it truly heartbreaking. I immediately just said, wow, i guess thats that, and I can believe it. Most Jedi are nobodies, so lets not get caught up in strong bloodlines, where the only evidence we have of it, is the Skywalkers. Lets not forget most Jedi and Sith did not reproduce, so all bloodline arguments are just silly.

Kylo... I had to think about this because she entire movie he leaves you guessing. you want him to be bad, then you want him to be bad, then you just don't know. After discussing with my guilds, we realized, that is the point! Kylo is to unpredictable, he will never be the character you want because he is unhinged in every sense of the word. Kylo is incredibly powerful, and impulsive. once you can accept he is a kid with a serious mental problem, it all makes sense! he will be the end of the FO in his quest or power, that I'm not sure he even wants. He is truly lost, he is Anakin the last hour of ROTS.

Timeline... here is where i really struggle with tho trilogy as a whole. these two movie have taken place of a few days. it might be one entire week at this point. Rey has hed literally 0 training with a lightsaber. it shows in her battle with the Praetorian guards. She cannot possibly lead the jedi/ resistance/ whatever with such poor training. if the next movie isn't set at least a year in the future, I will have a huge problem with it. There is simply not enough time for Rey to develop.

Phasma.... they did my girl, Gwendoline dirty again. She was fantastic in what she was in, but she was definitely shafted. She needed to escape, and i'm afraid this is the end of her character.

I think I hit just about everything! TL;DR fantastic movie that suffers from pacing and massive plot issues that leave little to happen in the next movie. Most of the validation you seek in the movie is right in front of you, but you didn't; get the fan theory you wanted. tough.

Edit: I stil ship Poe x Finn. Don’t @ me
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Here are a few ideas for new characters:
    Bacta fountain Finn - his gear will obviously be only Bacta gels
    Ahch-to whale-cow - its milk will keep your squad sustained. Better healer than Zarriss.
    Porg-eater Chewie - will eventually become overwhelmed by cuteness and turn into Porg-lover Chewie
    Porg-infested Falcon
    Shirtless Kylo - the opponent will just forfeit so they don't have to look at him
    New BB8 with poker chip gatling gun
    Trolling spirit Yoda - will laugh at you while summoning lightning from the sky. You might die before his actions start making a lick of sense to you.
    Bisected Snoke and his capital ship Bisected Supremacy
    Illusion Luke - will keep dodging your attacks, only when you hit him you realize he is not actually there
    Broom boy - the ultimate light side character
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Here are a few ideas for new characters:
    Bacta fountain Finn - his gear will obviously be only Bacta gels
    Ahch-to whale-cow - its milk will keep your squad sustained. Better healer than Zarriss.
    Porg-eater Chewie - will eventually become overwhelmed by cuteness and turn into Porg-lover Chewie
    Porg-infested Falcon
    Shirtless Kylo - the opponent will just forfeit so they don't have to look at him
    New BB8 with poker chip gatling gun
    Trolling spirit Yoda - will laugh at you while summoning lightning from the sky. You might die before his actions start making a lick of sense to you.
    Bisected Snoke and his capital ship Bisected Supremacy
    Illusion Luke - will keep dodging your attacks, only when you hit him you realize he is not actually there
    Broom boy - the ultimate light side character
    Since I do drugs...I am not sure what’s going on with this post. Sorry :/
  • Blue_10
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Overall I thought it was a decent movie.

Star Wars is about atmosphere and feeling. It's about the bigger picture. Love Hate, Good bad, Selfishness Selflessness.

It felt right overall however I would make the following comments.

1. I argree that humour can be an effective tool to show rather than tell us what characters feel. For example Luke hitting Rey's hand shows us that Rey knows little about the force. However moments like throwing the lightsabre away and the constant Hux jokes were unnecessary.

2. BB-8 (who I do like) was more competent than Finn in many ways. It is just silly. Way too Overpowered

3. I loved the Kylo and Rey fight scene. It was awesome. I do love a good lightsabre fight and it was amazing. I hated Kylo's lightsabre in TFA but it fits him so well (and was so amazing) in TLJ. Possibly Rey taking Kylo's offer may have been interesting.

4. Luke's death felt right it was very starwars. He said he was going to the island to die and he kept that promise and still did what was right.

Luke is the force and he 'evaporated' into it. The ANH twin suns made me reflect in AWE. His charceter ARC is complete and I thank Disney for not ruining one of the most iconic heroes of all time.

However in someone ways I did wanted to see the Luke Skywalker we know and love one last time. I would have killed him off in IX but I like the way the plot arced.

Overall I think it's best not to study 'details' and 'facts' too much it felt starwarsy and Disney have not killed the legacy of the OT. I eargerly await IX and the chance to rewatch VIII on TV.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    just finished it. still letting it sink in i didnt hate it but i expected it to be something completley different than we got

my pros

rey and kylo both stepped there game up both driver and ridley did great

luke being a cranky old man

i really liked the ending scene on canto bight with the ending monolauge ( new jedi order?)

poe was great

space battles were amazing

yoda cameo i mean come on long over due i had a grin

reylo vs guards in snokes throne room

cons and wish what it had

i hated the canto bight bit with rose and finn honestly felt like a dr who episode and really wasnt needed

i wish we had more background about the reveal of luke trying to kill ben as well as the jedi texts and bens full power that had luke so afraid , i also wish we got more background on snoke and i get **** off hen any film of any series introduces a charachter and makes them throw away . i felt like the movie had 3 archs going at once and had a issue trying to put its foot into. i wish the focus was on more of luke telling rey about the first jedi temple or some more flash backs with luke and his academy before ben did what he did , her parents i felt was lazy sorry i just do i mean drunken junkers? this felt more of an anthology film than a episodic film. i like rian johnson but im really eh on this movie because it does tend to drag

i wanna give this a high score but i feel as one who thought force awakens was perfection i feel last jedi so far is the weakest out of this new trilogy and after my review and my thoughts im curious as to how jj will tackle EP9

if i had to give a honest score id say a 6.5 or a 7 at best

• Rian Johnson wasted a lot of good oportunities,
    l wanted to see:

The Knights of Ren (in combat against Luke and Rey)
    Snoke's origin
    An explanation about Rey's powers
    A Heroic Luke
    The True power of Luke
    The True Power of Snoke
    Kylo & Rey vs Snoke
    Luke vs Snoke
    Anakin's Force Ghost
    A good ending to General Leia
    More screentime to Phasma
    Luke wielding his green lightsaber (in the actual story, not in a flashback)
    More screentime to R2, 3PO and Chewie
    I wanted to see Lando or Wedge
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The Last Jedi was great...except for the story. And that's unfortunately the important bit for a Star Wars movie.
    Oh my god, how could someone who knew Star Wars write that?! They kept serving up great potential only to fall flat on their faces. Every interesting story arc established in TFA and earlier films, as well as in TLJ itself, was allowed to just fizzle out. They established Snoke as a great Supreme Leader...the way he manipulated Rey and Kylo to get the confrontation was brilliant, and the way he taunted Rey once there was perfect. And then...dead. Talk about not capitalizing! Though even with his death it setup the interesting possibility of a Rey/Kylo alliance. But no, once again it simply devolves into the same old story.
    Luke/Rey training sessions...nope, not really. Snoke/Kylo training sessions...nope.
    80% of the movie revolves around a space chase that is so illogical, it astounds me. In addition, they might as well not have had Finn or Rose in this movie at all. BB8 was treated the same way as C3PO was in the prequels. Where JJ Abrams went light on CGI, Rian Johnston went all out, especially on the casino world.
    Mary Poppins Leia almost made me cry out in exasperation.
    Now, that's not to say there weren't cool moments. The opening 15 minutes were great. The Rey/Kylo lightsaber battle was pretty good. Rey in the DS cave was a cool scene, though one with little payoff. The sacrificial lightspeed run through the fleet was also cool, but it does make me wonder why they don't use lightspeed missiles if lightspeed is so destructive. I really liked the Luke projection thing, because it was a brilliant thing for him to do in that situation.
    But all in all, highly disappointing, to the point of being disastrous in my eyes. I'm not sure how the trilogy can be redeemed now. And I definitely don't know why critics are lauding this movie. It would have gotten a 7/10 from me as an entertaining movie, but as a Star Wars movie and with where they took the story? 4/10
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    Rian Johnson wasted a lot of good oportunities,
    l wanted to see:

The Knights of Ren (in combat against Luke and Rey)
    Snoke's origin
    An explanation about Rey's powers
    A Heroic Luke
    The True power of Luke
    The True Power of Snoke
    Kylo & Rey vs Snoke
    Luke vs Snoke
    Anakin's Force Ghost
    A good ending to General Leia
    More screentime to Phasma
    Luke wielding his green lightsaber (in the actual story, not in a flashback)
    More screentime to R2, 3PO and Chewie
    I wanted to see Lando or Wedge

honestly id rather we get knights of ren as the baddies for 9 seeing as kylo is now supreme leader and jj wants to do a film on them so maybe this will happen

i agree about snoke. i cant be the only one who hates it when films of any genre waste a charachter . id love lando but apparently dinsey never called williams

This discussion has been closed.