Need SERIOUS HELP with team building

So I'm having big time problems with team building. Level 61
My top characters: 7* Rey, 7*Chewbacca (dissapointment), 6*Luminara, 5*Kylo, 5*Boba, 4*TFP, 4*Talia, 4*Vader. All those have Gear Level 7 with meh mods.
Middle characters are: 4*Tarken, 4^Savage, 2* FOTFP, 3*Royal Gaurd, 2*Kylo unmasked, 3*phasma
Other unlocks with no development:
4 Akbar and windu,
3 farmboy dooku kit, ashoka, stormtrooper. cad bane, consular
2 chopper, clone serg, snowtroop, ewok scout, resistance pilot, geo soldier, ig86 and night initiate.

So I'm completely directionless at this point and any help would be appreciated. Currently I can only hit around 6-9 in GW and 400 in Arena.

Replies

• What snowlock said. Tarkin or Vader lead, tfp, RG and throw your Kylo or boba in there for now. Work on that squad consistently almost exclusively until they are where you want them. Then go after other imperials or start over on a new 5 man squad. Your stormtrooper would be a good fifth as well. I would get that squad to 7* gear 10 or 11 all around before moving on to other toons
  • Biggs, wedge, Leia, lando and old Ben are good start for a new squad. Rebels are great for damage. And all 5 are original toons and shouldn’t be too tough to farm. Good luck
  • Lumi is good for Galactic war, One thing you should know about tanks is gr lv is really important but star lv barely changes anything. So you could have an arena team that is 6 star and a 3 star tank work just fine with them if he's the same gr lv. Same with galactic war. Just some events require specific star count.

You could go with some empire synergy as some stated

Also credit heist is very important definitely want to Improve a scoundrels team to beat the highest tier of that event, but scoundrels will not be good in arena or GW as a team unless they get a rework.

And you want to focus atleast a little on ship pilots, fleet arena rewards are really important especially later in the game
  • If you start farming Rebels now you won't look back.
    They are the best now and probably so for the near future.

Rebel best to worst:
    Meta (CLS, Raid Han, R2-D2),

Alternatively usable (Chirrut, Baze, Old Ben, Fulcrum, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Wedge, Biggs, Ezra, Ackbar),

Decent (Captain Han Solo, ROLO, Jyn, Cassian, Phoenix except Ezra, Lando),

Mediocre (K2-SO, Bistan, Hoth scout, Hoth Soldier, Farmboy Luke, SRP)

Bad (Pao, Bohdi, Lobot)

Empire best to worst:
    Meta (Thrawn)

Alternatively usable (Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, Krennic, Imperial Probe Droid, Palpatine, Stormtrooper, TFP, Tarkin, Veers)

Decent (Starck, Snowtrooper, RG, Vader)

Mediocre (Gar Saxon)

Bad (Imperial Super Commando)

Jedi Best to worst:

Meta (General Kenobi, Barriss)

Alternatively usable (Hermit Yoda, Old Ben, Ezra, QGJ)

Decent (IGD, Aayla, Anakin, Grand Master Yoda, Kanan)

Mediocre (Luminara, Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, Consular, Eath, Kit Fisto)

Bad (Guardian, Windu)

Sith Best to worst

Meta (Nihilus)

Alternately usable (Maul, Palpatine, Assassin, Savage, Sidious)

Decent (Vader, Dooku, Trooper)

Resistance/First Order Best to worst

Meta (R2-D2, Jedi Rey, BB-8)

Alternatively usable (Finn, Poe, Trooper, KRUM, Kylo, FOTP, Rey)

Decent (FOST, Phasma, FOO, Resistance Pilot, SF Pilot)

Other than that:

Meta (Wampa, Rex, Nightsister with Talzin, Asajj, Acolyte, and Zombie)

Decent (Sun Fac, Clones except Rex, 88, 86, Boba, B2)

Mediocre (Jawa, Ewok, Zam, Dengar, Cad, Spy, Geonosian Soldier)

Bad (Greedo, Poggle, IG 100, Mob Enforcer, CUP, Ugnaught, Tusken)
  • Pretty much drop what you're doing mate.

Farm Phoenix.

Farm Wedge, Biggs, Boba, STHan, Lando.

Farm Emprire team.
  • In which category would you put Magmatrooper in Empire team, is it usable? Its not in that rank.

Its easier to farm from GW shop so thats why I ask.

• Magma is prolly the worst of troopers but better than many other toons in the game. So, if you need to fill a spot...
  • I say farm the characters you like best! Than once you get to lvl 85 start grinding what you need. That's what I did and I have a full resistance team without the new Rey
  • As much as it sounds terrible, I think rebels are my best option. Basically, starting from scratch. From the break down it looks like chopper (gs), kanan (sq ar) , zeb (gw store) ezra, hera, biggs and wedge are going to be my focus. I feel like I've wasted a month of game play now.
  • The nice thing about Magmatrooper is that even though he's not a tank, he's tanky. I use him a lot on my Imperial Trooper squad and he can take a beating.
  • If you start farming Rebels now you won't look back.
    They are the best now and probably so for the near future.

Rebel best to worst:
    Meta (CLS, Raid Han, R2-D2),

Alternatively usable (Chirrut, Baze, Old Ben, Fulcrum, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Wedge, Biggs, Ezra, Ackbar),

Decent (Captain Han Solo, ROLO, Jyn, Cassian, Phoenix except Ezra, Lando),

Mediocre (K2-SO, Bistan, Hoth scout, Hoth Soldier, Farmboy Luke, SRP)

Bad (Pao, Bohdi, Lobot)

Empire best to worst:
    Meta (Thrawn)

Alternatively usable (Deathtrooper, Shoretrooper, Krennic, Imperial Probe Droid, Palpatine, Stormtrooper, TFP, Tarkin, Veers)

Decent (Starck, Snowtrooper, RG, Vader)

Mediocre (Gar Saxon)

Bad (Imperial Super Commando)

Jedi Best to worst:

Meta (General Kenobi, Barriss)

Alternatively usable (Hermit Yoda, Old Ben, Ezra, QGJ)

Decent (IGD, Aayla, Anakin, Grand Master Yoda, Kanan)

Mediocre (Luminara, Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, Consular, Eath, Kit Fisto)

Bad (Guardian, Windu)

Sith Best to worst

Meta (Nihilus)

Alternately usable (Maul, Palpatine, Assassin, Savage, Sidious)

Decent (Vader, Dooku, Trooper)

Resistance/First Order Best to worst

Meta (R2-D2, Jedi Rey, BB-8)

Alternatively usable (Finn, Poe, Trooper, KRUM, Kylo, FOTP, Rey)

Decent (FOST, Phasma, FOO, Resistance Pilot, SF Pilot)

Other than that:

Meta (Wampa, Rex, Nightsister with Talzin, Asajj, Acolyte, and Zombie)

Decent (Sun Fac, Clones except Rex, 88, 86, Boba, B2)

Mediocre (Jawa, Ewok, Zam, Dengar, Cad, Spy, Geonosian Soldier)

Bad (Greedo, Poggle, IG 100, Mob Enforcer, CUP, Ugnaught, Tusken)
    I have found that I agree. It seems like most the top tier in my arena are either phoenix or rebels. The problem is that I feel like I'm too far gone to turn back. Should I start by getting a decent empire team maybe: Tarkin, TFP, RG, Vader, Stormtrooper. I can work on transitioning in Veers vader. I was also thinking I should incorporate biggs and maybe one more pilot. Thoughts?
  • As much as it sounds terrible, I think rebels are my best option. Basically, starting from scratch. From the break down it looks like chopper (gs), kanan (sq ar) , zeb (gw store) ezra, hera, biggs and wedge are going to be my focus. I feel like I've wasted a month of game play now.

You've come to right conclusion- Phoenix, Wedge, Biggs, R2, Leia, STHan. You won't regret it.

We've all wasted months doing the "wrong" thing. Many of us, myself included, wasted longer. No biggie - ask questions, make a plan, be single-minded in the pursuit of that plan. Totally single-minded. Don't be blown off course. Onwards and upwards old bean.
  • Don't worry about doing the wrong thing. If you want to restart and go for top 10 in arena feel free.

Otherwise yes you have made mistakes but you can use your characters for something. Chewie for example can be used in scoundrel teams for credit heists. You have developed him more than you need to but that just means you can skimp a little on someone else.

Boba is also useful for credit heists.

Lumi can keep you alive in gw.

Vader and tfp can be pilots.

Rey is another seven star to help in raids.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i also have lumi 7*. now i use her in gw and for raid scapegoat for 0 dmg rules
    My arena team used to be very funny
    just a bunch of quick and dirty characters
    boba lumi sidious kylo and jawa sacvenger(from flash event " trouble on tatooine")
    that was not long ago-september this year.
    Unfortunately my team still is ridiculous, but im doing ok in arena now

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala/

the real gold mine is fleet. i get nr1 reward everyday.
    So consider focusing in fleet and back to squad later using crystals from fleet rewards
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    and go for empire definitely yes. need for r2 anyway. be careful not to hit biggs tho, he gets 100% tm whenever hit by empire. so prolly better with 4 empire and 1 nonempire...until you get your thrawn that is :wink:
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    for fleet i use

tarkin tfp fotfp boba vader biggs + maul jc wedge

but prolly better off with 5s instead of either wedge or jc

You've come to right conclusion- Phoenix, Wedge, Biggs, R2, Leia, STHan. You won't regret it.

We've all wasted months doing the "wrong" thing. Many of us, myself included, wasted longer. No biggie - ask questions, make a plan, be single-minded in the pursuit of that plan. Totally single-minded. Don't be blown off course. Onwards and upwards old bean.

Okay, I'm heading into this full steam. Even though I just started today, it doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought. I'm sure I'll take an arena hit over the next couple months until I'm able to bounce back. Any suggestions on ships? Right now I'm doing pretty well with an empire squad but the rewards don't seem to make a huge difference until top twenty.

If you guys have any other suggestions for how to level these guys up fast I would appreciate it.