Veteran Returning - Could use some squad advice / questions answered please.

Jaqen_Hghar
491 posts Member
edited December 2017
Hey all,

I got on to collect Palpatine and play with ships some, but haven't played this game full swing since the original Yoda event. It looks like the game has a lot of interesting content and I am making a full return. Did some research and would appreciate answers to my questions and advice on where I should be focusing my efforts for arena / the game in general.

My line up is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/proph21/collection/

I've been rocking a stun/buff team (QGJ L, Palpatine, Aayla, Rey, Old Daka).

1). What squad do you think I should be focusing on? I was thinking of several potential options. One could be to bring in the Wedge/Biggs and swap out maybe QGJ and someone else. Another could be to focus on a full jedi team ( JKA lead, QGJ, Aayla, Zeta Barris, and Grandmaster Yoda). A third option was going to be a Wedge lead team with Biggs, Boba, Palpatine, ST Han, and someone else. Any help or advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2). Are ships worth it to put a lot of energy/effort into? Or should I leisurely be trying to upgrade them and the pilots.

3). Should I focus on class-specific teams to take on specific Mod Challenges?

Thank you all :).

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    1. zeta QGJ jedi team
    2. yes it's a lot easier to get top rewards than squad arena
    3. sure especially jawa, empire, scoundrel, resistance, and first order

4. my 2 cents try: zeta qgj, Jka, aayla (crit chance maxed out), barriss(zeta too if you can afford), + old ben(zeta if possible)

If you have general kenobi, use him as lead and do: gk lead zeta barriss jka aayla ezra (or qgj or old ben)
    or even better: use gk lead zeta barriss, darth nihilus, zeta old ben, +aayla/anakin/ezra/qgj
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    plus you can't neglect legendary events.
    Yoda and Palpatine are not relevant in arena as much.
    For Thrawn, you need a team of phoenix, all g8 preferably. Many people get 7*Thrawn without Sabine Wren and all at g8

For R2D2 you need a team of empire

For CLS you need a team of Luke (Farmboy), Stormtrooper Han, Old Ben, Leia, R2D2

For BB8 you need a team of First order

For Rey (Jedi training) you need a team of Rey (Scavenger),which you have already and Veteran Smuggler Han solo, Veteran Smuggler Chewie, Finn, BB8

For Chimaera (Thrawn's capital ship) you need a fleet of Home One, Ghost, Phantom 2, and 3 rebel ships

I see you already have at least a couple characters required for each legendary events, except for phoenix. Start with Phoenix they are easy to farm. They will make a decent rebel team too. meanwhile get palpatine 7star, use him and vader and tie fighter pilot +2 empire for r2d2.
    you have all character for cls event except r2
    that's very good. gear up your leia and storm han to g8 or g9. g8 should do alright with decent mods.
    Then you move onto resistance/first order.
    resistance is a very good faction everywhere, except they are very weak on defense in arena, but the new rey might be able to fix it.
    zeta finn lead was the way to go for best ROI but now that new rey has arguably better leadership, let's wait and see if she does better than zeta finn.
    first order is needed for bb8 and jedi rey.
    keep in mind first order stormtrooper is a very long grind. i recommend you start doing his hard nodes everyday from today.
    get the bb8 and new rey. game over.

• I wouldnt zeta Qui Gon. Jedi dont hold up against well geared rex lead or wedge lead. I dont think they can survive nighsisters either.

If you are planning on CLS, go with rebels and r2
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Thank you guys. It sounds like I should focus my efforts for Thrawn and CLS. I will hold off on arena team for now and climb as high as possible with what I got.

I dont see me getting vader to 7 stars anytime soon, so Im going to go tarkin, snowtrooper, palpatine, royal guard, and TFP for R2

I will also get my rebel team for CLS to G9 which will also help me get a 7 star palpatine.

While doing that I will also be farming 5× easiest Phoenix and gearing them up for Thrawn.
    Post edited by Jaqen_Hghar on
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Actually while this thread is open, could someone look at my roster and recommend a squad to help me maintain 900 rank arena status without focusing too much on character farming ( since im dedicating that to legendaries)? Im on one of the first shards so its hard to even stay under 1000 lol. I was thinking maybe finish wedge for wedge lead, biggs, st han, rey, and boba.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    2) You will need at least 5 dark side ships at 4* and 8 ships total at 5* to get access to the highest tier of ability mats. Mace Windu's capital ship is great for offense in fleet arena (and your Windu is ok geared). However, it's not strong on defense. For now it's your best choice, though, until you get Tarkin to 7* (for R2).

Since you already have 4 out of 5 toons required for CLS, I would go all out on empire to get R2D2 at 7*. Get Snowtrooper, Tarkin and vader to 7*. If you're lucky to get CLS you will soon feel they joy of completing heroic pit raids on auto play.

Your scoundrels are needed for credit heist. Make sure, that they can manage the highest tier. If they can't you should farm Lando. He is also strong in other game modes.

Your arena shard is probably old, so you will have a very hard time climbing ranks. However, you might reach top 500 in a few months. However, you will need mods. I see you only have 15 total. Start by doing highest tiers of health and defense mod challenges. That will give you access to better mods in mod shipments.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Wedge is great for arena along with Biggs. However, there's no rush finishing him, since you won't be able to climb far just yet anyway. I would go for the long haul and farm Lando first, before finishing Wedge.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Wedge is great for arena along with Biggs. However, there's no rush finishing him, since you won't be able to climb far just yet anyway. I would go for the long haul and farm Lando first, before finishing Wedge.

Sweet. Thank ya for the advice. Def pushing ships for abilities challenge and empire towards CLS. Not sure if I will get vader to 7 soon so I am farming TFP with cantina energy (which will help my ship power also). Will balance that with some health/def mod farms on tier 3.

Farming TFP and not having Lando makes me discouraged to grind for him. I will have a decked out IG-88, Boba, ST han, and an ok chewie and cad for scoundrel stuff. Praying that will do the trick lol.
  • Are you in a guild with heroic rancour on farm 3 times a week. If so you might be getting 15-20 tokens a week toward raid Han.

If your scoundrels aren't doing the job but you have gotten a chunk of the way towards Han well he would be a simpler upgrade than farming lando.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Naraic wrote: »
    Are you in a guild with heroic rancour on farm 3 times a week. If so you might be getting 15-20 tokens a week toward raid Han.

If your scoundrels aren't doing the job but you have gotten a chunk of the way towards Han well he would be a simpler upgrade than farming lando.

Thanks for the tip sir. Totally forgot about Han. Makes me feel a little better about not going after Lando. Joined a guild that seems to do 3 raids every week.