Is this an oversight?

So I pose this question to everyone about Veteran Chewie and Veteran Han. These toons were introduced to the game back in September via a marquee event, 3 months ago. Now we have the Jedi Training Rey event that requires both toons to be 7* not just to unlock her but to proceed past the 2nd tier of the event. So why was the marquee event not set to replay before the Jedi Training Rey event started? This seems to be an oversight to me that needs explaining. Sure you could say that because they put them in the cantina nodes that meant the marquee event was no longer needed but what about for new players to the game.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's not an oversight. There's also no reason to think it was an oversight.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • One word. Money.
  • I think marquee events only run once they are never repeated.
  • Have they ever rerun a marquee event?
  • Not that I am aware of
  • All marquee events have never been repeated.
  • You literally need to stock pile resources leading up to these events to put yourself in with a chance. The vets are only needed up until tier V of the event which is why people can't access tier 2 without them being 7*
  • So how many marquee events have there been in the game so far and for what toons?
  • Events like these are not meant for newer players. It’s simple. Now I’ve down my fair share of RPG games and I know that when I see heroic or mythic difficulty, it will be very hard and it’s something that isn’t made for new players. It’s meant for top teir players.
    Now this being a turn based game, figuring we can all read, this isn’t a “hard” game. So the only way for EA to make a “hard” event, is to put in hard/long to obtain toons
  • They run them periodically last couple were kylo unmasked and mother talzin. They tend to be for premium toons that are predominantly pay to play that unlock at 3 to 4*
  • If Chewie and Han weren't put in the cantina nodes then the marquee event would have been required before the Jedi Training Rey event. As the R2D2 event should be required before the next CLS event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Roahn wrote: »
    If Chewie and Han weren't put in the cantina nodes then the marquee event would have been required before the Jedi Training Rey event. As the R2D2 event should be required before the next CLS event.

The marquee event has nothing to do with the jedi training rey event. Most new characters get released via marquee events. That the vets turned out to be an requirement for another event has nothing to do with how they were released.
  • Roahn wrote: »
    If Chewie and Han weren't put in the cantina nodes then the marquee event would have been required before the Jedi Training Rey event. As the R2D2 event should be required before the next CLS event.

As others have pointed out, Marquee Events don't rerun. R2 is a Legendary event. Here is a list of most of the events (with event type noted): https://swgoh.gg/db/events/
  • A marquee event is different than a legendary.. marquee are a one and done event. They give free toons and in the future those toons will become free to play, you just have to farm them.
    Legendary are not a one and done event. They come back because you have to work to be able to beat it.
    Marquee are easy events and a way to give away the base toon. If you missed it, the first time, that’s on you. Just like how you missed rey :wink:
    If you really wanted her, you would of bought her. It’s all on you
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    Events like these are not meant for newer players. It’s simple.

Is it really that simple? New players expand the player base and possibly come into the game with money to spend. Which getting new players and keeping the cash flow going is what it's all about. If not then this game would be doomed as with no new players, the veteran players would eventually get disinterested in the game and stop playing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Events like these are not meant for newer players. It’s simple.

Is it really that simple? New players expand the player base and possibly come into the game with money to spend. Which getting new players and keeping the cash flow going is what it's all about. If not then this game would be doomed as with no new players, the veteran players would eventually get disinterested in the game and stop playing.

it is that simple.
    New players will accept that they're not able to complete all events, or they spend money.
    Also, with the vets, they were a panic farm for new and old players alike. So there's that.
  • Have you ever played any other RPG before? Yes I’m right... all games have end game content. This is end game content.. it’s simple..
    These 5 characters are needed; farm them and compete in the event...
    I’ll say it again.
    Yea, it’s simple..
  • Garmaddon wrote: »
    You literally need to stock pile resources leading up to these events to put yourself in with a chance. The vets are only needed up until tier V of the event which is why people can't access tier 2 without them being 7*

That would make sense if you didn't need both toons to be 7* to get past the 2nd tier.
  • If you don’t want end game content. (Lightsaber rey)..

Be happy with your mid game content..
    (Rey with stick).. :blush:
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    If you don’t want end game content. (Lightsaber rey)..

Be happy with your mid game content..
    (Rey with stick).. :blush:

Or show patience and hold onto your cash as this event will come back around in a few months and after all it's just a game.
    So how many marquee events have there been in the game so far and for what toons?

If i remember correctly it was Krennic. Deathtrooper. Sithtrooper, sith assassin, Nihlus, Phoenix, Gar saxon + imperial super commando, Fulcrum tano, then the vets and finally Nightsister spirit/zombie and mother talzin ( I may be forgetting a few )
  • leef wrote: »
    it is that simple.
    New players will accept that they're not able to complete all events, or they spend money.

I think new players already know that. Although to be fair new players should be able to play the marquee events just to help get them started on their quest. If they choose to work towards being able to attempt to get a hero or legendary toon down the road.
    So how many marquee events have there been in the game so far and for what toons?

If i remember correctly it was Krennic. Deathtrooper. Sithtrooper, sith assassin, Nihlus, Phoenix, Gar saxon + imperial super commando, Fulcrum tano, then the vets and finally Nightsister spirit/zombie and mother talzin ( I may be forgetting a few )

Nice memory.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    leef wrote: »
    it is that simple.

I think new players already know that. Although to be fair new players should be able to play the marquee events just to help get them started on their quest. If they choose to work towards being able to attempt to get a hero or legendary toon down the road.

Video games isn't always fair man.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Video games isn't always fair man.

So true.
  • Comes down to the last month to make any 4 th QTR earnings for the year and capitalize on the movie . They simply set it up more now for new players to only ramp up by paying. I love the game so I do support it by buying a pack of something every now and then , but don't see my self spending big money like they have set up . So when it comes to events only now and then not surprised. This is why I almost ignore the current events and focus on ones I missed due to lack of shards. That way I'm ready months ahead.