Feels unbalanced

Prev1
Watching most of the battles and knowing what my guild is capable of. These battles seem very unbalanced. We seem to be over powered every fight we try. The rewards for the time we take to coordinate these battles seems a waste of time and effort. Plus the moral lose in an over whelming loss makes these battles pointless. I'd rather have my guild working on getting stars then do these battles. It would seem a simple 1 million more gp in the war can really overpower your side. Either change the battle rankings so they are closer. Or just remove the war and let us do territory battles. Not a fan of getting crushed.

Replies

• Bruce, why do we fall?

I'm not fan either, but the idea is to help coordinate and effectively use everyone. TW is a strategy.
  • Jawas_law
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Coordinating a battle is easy building a strategy is just as easy, it's when your entire map is wiped out and you can barely make a dent in the other team when their defense is already higher than your score at the start. And yet you can't push through. When you watch 1 player on there team set 5 80k and up teams then wipe out another 10 on attack of 80k def. No one on my team can do that. We can't even search this guild team by name. This is unbalanced. Nothing to do with strategy I'm sorry
  • Have you tried putting half your guilds best teams on deffense, and the other half going offense?
  • Territory wars definitely favors guilds with a few amazing players than guilds with a bunch good players because one guy can hold up an entire territory. I definitely feel territory battles has a much higher team aspect than territory wars.
  • TW is a strategy.

Not really. TW is about gaming the system.
  • Jawas_law
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah. When your guild holds 3 or 4 players that focus on a few amazing teams and the rest are just players with so so team builds. There's no way we can battle a guild that's strict on player base and gp. Even if 1 team has 1 million more gp then you at start of battle. That's several more teams that you to try and fight through. It's not a matter of losing battles. It's a matter of running out of teams to fight with.
    All our starts are 500 to 700 points under our opponent acore already. If the battles ended close. Then we'd be enjoying ourselves rather then this total crush.
  • Yea, def favors guild with a couple amazing players, we have a couple whales and easily beat a guild 8 mil higher than us. As of today we will be 3-0. :)
  • TW is a strategy.

How do you figure? My guild doesn't have anyone that spends a fortune all the time for characters. we do ok.
  • @Spirit_of_Exar_Kun Congrats bro, that's pretty good. I think TW is a reward for the higher spenders in the game because TB, while a higher spender can help, they can only do so many battles before they just have to deploy. Both are fun but I definitely enjoy the team aspect of TB more than arena on steroids in TW.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    @Spirit_of_Exar_Kun Congrats bro, that's pretty good. I think TW is a reward for the higher spenders in the game because TB, while a higher spender can help, they can only do so many battles before they just have to deploy. Both are fun but I definitely enjoy the team aspect of TB more than arena on steroids in TW.

good point.
    Territory wars definitely favors guilds with a few amazing players than guilds with a bunch good players because one guy can hold up an entire territory. I definitely feel territory battles has a much higher team aspect than territory wars.

Disagree completely, my guild has average to below average players and we have won all 3 wars.
    @Spirit_of_Exar_Kun Congrats bro, that's pretty good. I think TW is a reward for the higher spenders in the game because TB, while a higher spender can help, they can only do so many battles before they just have to deploy. Both are fun but I definitely enjoy the team aspect of TB more than arena on steroids in TW.

I don’t see it that way, most of my guild is closer to ftp than spenders; we are doing very well with it and getting nice rewards
  • Well we ended our second (rare 5%) tie. this is 3rd one and 5%? lol
  • Jawas_law
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Sure it's fun. If your fighting a balanced team. We got in barely at 30 mil active gp with 40 of our 50 members in it. While the other team of 44 members sit at total 36 mil gp. That gap of near 10 mil gp active can make a huge difference. Meaning more players with more teams can easily take out several more teams then it's opponent. Even 1 million more active gp means 10 x 100k teams!!
  • Jawas_law wrote: »
    Sure it's fun. If your fighting a balanced team. We got in barely at 30 mil active gp with 40 of our 50 members in it. While the other team of 44 members sit at total 36 mil gp. That gap of near 10 mil gp active can make a huge difference. Meaning more players with more teams can easily take out several more teams then it's opponent. Even 1 million more active gp means 10 x 100k teams!!

You need to get more members of your guild to participate, it’s not the games fault
  • So your guild is casual at best.
    Don't expect to win much
  • it has happened to us our guild has 108 M and we have faced a guild of 120 m if the same thing happens again what we will do is fill defenses and we will not throw it away we will just wait to receive the prize
  • Pseudot wrote: »
    So your guild is casual at best.
    Don't expect to win much

Triggered.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Pseudot wrote: »
    So your guild is casual at best.
    Don't expect to win much

I agree because, I think it's all about strategy, my Guild is currently fighting a higher GP Guild and guess what? We are winning. So far we haven't lost a single TW, so it's about to be 4 x 0 for us. Why? Because we have better strategy, and my guild leaders have some top toons maxed up (they play since 2015) who destroy the enemies and don't let them get thru our line of defense. Like I said it's all about a good strategy, not always about GP.

Their GP 59, ours 45.

qnlpao.png
  • If anyone actually reads these, add one more vote for “No, We don’t like TW as it currently is.” However matchmaking works, we tend to get crushed by guilds who have tons of gold-gear CLS, Kenobi, Chaze, and the like. Guild gets frustrated, and really, there’s no incentive to do anything but sit back and wait for the 2nd place rewards to arrive. Not super fun.
  • Overall strength, individual strength, strategy, and tactics are all factors of success in TW. If you're not winning (and want to), work on improving those factors.
  • DrNinjoy wrote: »
    Guild gets frustrated, and really, there’s no incentive to do anything but sit back and wait for the 2nd place rewards to arrive. Not super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
  • Have you tried putting half your guilds best teams on deffense, and the other half going offense?
    Cough cough

My best team is 3gear 11‘s and 2gear 10
    I‘m second strongest in my guild
    Enemy had 10 gear 12 teams aehehehe

Their weakest teams were stronger than mine
  • IMHO, TW is about mods and coordination.
    We beat higher GP guilds that had some whales, but subpar organization. We also lost to a guild with a similar GP, but all their rosters were otherworldly modded. Remember, a +20 speed mod will add the same nominal value to the GP, but is immensely more valuable in reality.
    You mention that you guys are down already after setting defenses. That’s unacceptable. All defense slots have to be filled. If your D is bad, even if you wipe out the opponent, they most likely will do the same to you, so you’ll tie at best.
    Work on teams that are easy for AI to manage - Phoenix, Rogue1 Chaze, etc. And of course, farm tons of mods:)
    Good luck
  • vegainz wrote: »
    IMHO, TW is about mods and coordination.
    We beat higher GP guilds that had some whales, but subpar organization. We also lost to a guild with a similar GP, but all their rosters were otherworldly modded. Remember, a +20 speed mod will add the same nominal value to the GP, but is immensely more valuable in reality.
    You mention that you guys are down already after setting defenses. That’s unacceptable. All defense slots have to be filled. If your D is bad, even if you wipe out the opponent, they most likely will do the same to you, so you’ll tie at best.
    Work on teams that are easy for AI to manage - Phoenix, Rogue1 Chaze, etc. And of course, farm tons of mods:)
    Good luck

This ^

• TW is a strategy.

How do you figure? My guild doesn't have anyone that spends a fortune all the time for characters. we do ok.

I believe it is that you can manipulate match making to pair you against weaker guilds. If you have a bunch of g12 heavy hitters but intentionally don't have your full guild register you can get paired with a weaker guild. So while on paper you have the same gp your combat effective gp is way higher.

Happened to my guild on the 1st & 2nd TW. we had all 50 members registered and got pitted against a guild with multiple top 20 arena teams when our best members can only field a top 100 team. We literally couldn't conquer a single territory we were so outmatched in combat effective gp while they conquered the all of our territory.

Strategy only matters if (and a big if for many it would seem) you get paired against a guild with a similar combat effective gp. If the other guild's gp is made up of a greater number of combat effective toons it doesn't matter what strategy you use, you will loose.

• TW is a strategy.

I believe it is that you can manipulate match making to pair you against weaker guilds. If you have a bunch of g12 heavy hitters but intentionally don't have your full guild register you can get paired with a weaker guild. So while on paper you have the same gp your combat effective gp is way higher.

Happened to my guild on the 1st & 2nd TW. we had all 50 members registered and got pitted against a guild with multiple top 20 arena teams when our best members can only field a top 100 team. We literally couldn't conquer a single territory we were so outmatched in combat effective gp while they conquered the all of our territory.

Strategy only matters if (and a big if for many it would seem) you get paired against a guild with a similar combat effective gp. If the other guild's gp is made up of a greater number of combat effective toons it doesn't matter what strategy you use, you will loose.

Exactly.

Try to win agains 6 meta teams with cls (cls,r2d2,thrawn,han,GK) when you are second strongest in your guild and have 3 ppl on gear 11 rest on g10 or lower, top arena rank is 190 - yep....... well done EA....

• Because we have better strategy, and my guild leaders have some top toons maxed up (they play since 2015) who destroy the enemies and don't let them get thru our line of defense. Like I said it's all about a good strategy, not always about GP.

Got it. It’s all about strategy, which includes having top toons maxed up who destroy enemies. Thanks for the advice, I’ll work on that strategy.
  • Psst ... I'm going to tell you a secret.
    Don't set a defense. Or just set a minimal defense, like one squad per territory. Make them garbage squads. Save everything you have for offense.
    If you can beat their defenses, the worst you can do is tie. If you don't have enough to set defense and mount an offense, then just don't play defense.
    Don't worry about not getting banners for setting defenses. Yes, you don't get the 20 banners per defense squad, but then the other guild also doesn't get 20 banners for defeating them (10 for winning the match, 10 bonus/squad for conquering a territory).

Tying is better than losing, right? At least it will make your guys feel a little better about the whole TW thing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Psst ... I'm going to tell you a secret.
    Don't set a defense. Or just set a minimal defense, like one squad per territory. Make them garbage squads. Save everything you have for offense.
    If you can beat their defenses, the worst you can do is tie. If you don't have enough to set defense and mount an offense, then just don't play defense.
    Don't worry about not getting banners for setting defenses. Yes, you don't get the 20 banners per defense squad, but then the other guild also doesn't get 20 banners for defeating them (10 for winning the match, 10 bonus/squad for conquering a territory).

Tying is better than losing, right? At least it will make your guys feel a little better about the whole TW thing.

Don't they get the full bonus for conquering the territory if they defeat all the squads you chose to place there?