Feels unbalanced

2Next

Replies

• My guild is 4-0 and every guild we have faced I bigger and has more gp than us and more cls toons but we win because of strategy
  • Staubie12 wrote: »
    My guild is 4-0 and every guild we have faced I bigger and has more gp than us and more cls toons but we win because of strategy
    It doesnt depend on gp. If you have 30 average players, and the enemy guild has 15 bad and 15 reaaaallly good players, you loose because you cant beat the good teams
  • I agree that the match making seems to be too unbalanced. We just got done facing a team with 28mil GP. We are at 18mil GP. 10 million is a huge gap at this level. They were able to deploy twice the def teams and still easily roll over us. Our offense teams did some damage, but do not have the depth of higher power teams to beat them. Strategy only goes so far.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Psst ... I'm going to tell you a secret.
    Don't set a defense. Or just set a minimal defense, like one squad per territory. Make them garbage squads. Save everything you have for offense.
    If you can beat their defenses, the worst you can do is tie. If you don't have enough to set defense and mount an offense, then just don't play defense.
    Don't worry about not getting banners for setting defenses. Yes, you don't get the 20 banners per defense squad, but then the other guild also doesn't get 20 banners for defeating them (10 for winning the match, 10 bonus/squad for conquering a territory).

Tying is better than losing, right? At least it will make your guys feel a little better about the whole TW thing.

Don't they get the full bonus for conquering the territory if they defeat all the squads you chose to place there?

Conquering bonus is 450 points per territory (900 for the two back territories). Conquering bonus is +10 for each squad that was placed as defense. Example: 25 defending squads adds +250 to the conquering bonus for a total of 700 points per territory (1150 for the back). If you don't set a defense, the conquer bonus is only 450 points.
  • Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    Staubie12 wrote: »
    My guild is 4-0 and every guild we have faced I bigger and has more gp than us and more cls toons but we win because of strategy
    It doesnt depend on gp. If you have 30 average players, and the enemy guild has 15 bad and 15 reaaaallly good players, you loose because you cant beat the good teams

Yes you can win and my guild has won beating really good players
  • Pseudot wrote: »
    So your guild is casual at best.
    Don't expect to win much

I agree because, I think it's all about strategy, my Guild is currently fighting a higher GP Guild and guess what? We are winning. So far we haven't lost a single TW, so it's about to be 4 x 0 for us. Why? Because we have better strategy, and my guild leaders have some top toons maxed up (they play since 2015) who destroy the enemies and don't let them get thru our line of defense. Like I said it's all about a good strategy, not always about GP.

Their GP 59, ours 45.

qnlpao.png

You do understand that their higher gp could be proportionally made up of more trash than your lower gp right? So that of that higher gp a smaller % is made up of combat effective toons.

Also it's not "strategy" if you field defensive teams that the enemy lacks comparably strong teams to overcome while you field teams that cut through them like butter. That's literally proving the OP's point about unbalanced matches.

If the enemy team can't field teams that give your guild leaders a run for their money on offense and defense it doesn't mean you had better strategy. It means your opponents were basically going to loose, or at best tie, regardless of your strategy because they lacked the heavy hitting teams required to make you loose.
  • Pseudot wrote: »
    So your guild is casual at best.
    Don't expect to win much

I agree because, I think it's all about strategy, my Guild is currently fighting a higher GP Guild and guess what? We are winning. So far we haven't lost a single TW, so it's about to be 4 x 0 for us. Why? Because we have better strategy, and my guild leaders have some top toons maxed up (they play since 2015) who destroy the enemies and don't let them get thru our line of defense. Like I said it's all about a good strategy, not always about GP.

Their GP 59, ours 45.

qnlpao.png

You do understand that their higher gp could be proportionally made up of more trash than your lower gp right? So that of that higher gp a smaller % is made up of combat effective toons.

Also it's not "strategy" if you field defensive teams that the enemy lacks comparably strong teams to overcome while you field teams that cut through them like butter. That's literally proving the OP's point about unbalanced matches.

If the enemy team can't field teams that give your guild leaders a run for their money on offense and defense it doesn't mean you had better strategy. It means your opponents were basically going to loose, or at best tie, regardless of your strategy because they lacked the heavy hitting teams required to make you loose.
    I agree.

It is all about combat effective toons. If, for example, i have every char in the game, but at gear 6, i may have the same galactic power as someone who has 5 gear 12 teams, but i will never be able to beat their team. That is why it is not strategy.