Where's a good place to dump Cantina energy? Also, what chars have shards at higher levels?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
So sometimes I have extra Cantina energy and need to use it so I usually sim (because Cantina battles take forever) on one of the shard fights. I used the Chewbacca and Talia ones to help get each to 4*. I've also gotten the odd Luke shard, I think I have 11 now.
I'm now "stuck" because I've cleared out the second level but am 2 character levels away from being able to do the 3rd set. In the opinions of the experts here, which has more "staying power" later in the game, Chewie or Talia? I'm thinking Talia because she's my only dark side healer (I don't plan to get Old Daka at this time.) But Chewie, despite being unremarkable, is very useful.
Luke.. I dunno. He can hit hard but he's kinda plain Jane, and really, Luke Skywalker with a gun? Meh.
Finally, are there any "cool" shards in the 3rd or higher sets that it might be worth planning for in the future?
Appreciate it!
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• I'd agree with farming Talia since she's the only dark side healer if you're not planning to go for Old Daka any time soon. And you definitely need a healer to push the later stages of Dark Side campaign.

Here's the break down for 3rd and 4th stage Cantina so you can decide what's worth looking forward to.

3A: Jedi Consular
    3C: IG-100 MagnaGuard
    3G: Biggs Darklighter
    4A: Mace Windu
    4E: IG-86 Sentinel Droid
    4G: Plo Koon
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The only others I can think of are Datcha and Mace Windu

IG86 is pretty beast mode if you don't have a lot of DS attackers
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks Slushie! Those are rather underwhelming. :/ Mace is okay but hasn't impressed me much the times I have tried him. Are any others underrated in some way?
    Consular is about to be relegated to the sidelines once I get Luminara. But it will still be good to have another way to level him.
    I wish Cantina energy wasn't so expensive. :(
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah I think energy costs are way too high across the board right now. Especially with the slow rate of recharge.

I'm not sure how far into the LS/DS campaigns you are but from Stage 5 onwards normal and hard energy costs go up to 8 and 16! Which is ridiculous, especially when Barriss Offee shards are only able to be farmed in 5C and 5E Dark Side.

Edit: Oh I forgot to say that Cantina energy costs actually go up to 10 per fight from Stage 3 and 4 :s

I keep saying that the energy costs should be reduced to 4/8 for normal/hard and then 6/12 for Stage 5 and up, and Cantina should be 6 and 8. Hopefully if I say it enough on these forums someone at EA will notice and change it :#

I haven't got Mace or Plo Koon so can't really comment on their usefulness to be honest.

That's why I've just been farming Consular shards because I wanted a decent healer for GW/Arena.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Slushie wrote: »
    I'm not sure how far into the LS/DS campaigns you are but from Stage 5 onwards normal and hard energy costs go up to 8 and 16! Which is ridiculous, especially when Barriss Offee shards are only able to be farmed in 5C and 5E Dark Side.
    Edit: Oh I forgot to say that Cantina energy costs actually go up to 10 per fight from Stage 3 and 4 :s
    Are you serious? No, I hadn't gone that far. :(
    No wonder people just make 7* of characters they can get in the PvP arena instead of bothering with that nonsense. But really, what kind of game is that, where you choose your team based on where you can get resources instead of strategy? It's not even like the better chars are all harder to get, it seems to be semi-random.
    They need to make the energy system less greedy. I do appreciate that there are other non-energy things to do in this game, though, at least.
  • Getting a crew.."the crew" the perfect crew will never happen. They will constantly be adding new characters which will change the whole landscape of balance by creating or completing different synergies within teams. The game will be ever evolving until its no longer profitable. Which judging by there system of IAP's they are raking in some dough.

Its best to get a crew you enjoy playing regardless if they are the very best team or not and take next month or so and just grind to 60. I truly believe things will balance out there.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Right, my complaint is that instead of saying to myself "what are my favorite characters, I'd like to build a team using this one and that one" I have to say "what characters can I use where I can actually get enough shards that it won't take a full year to 7* them"? I'm willing to spend on this game but I am not dropping $2,000 on chromium packs just to get my favorite character leveled up. Reserve a few specials for the big spenders, fine. But most characters should have approximately equal ways of leveling... it shouldn't be that everyone runs Jedi Consular simply because his shards are easy to get.
  • At least they removed the requirement of completing 1 event each day from the "Complete all daily activities" achievement.

Because one event costs 50 energy to run. Even worse than that, in Beta they required us to do TWO events. So we had to waste 100 energy each day just to be able to get the bonus 20 or 25 crystals from completing all activities. The rewards you get from events aren't even that great and definitely not worth the energy required.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if hardly anyone was running those event missions right now.
  • Yea I'm focusing on Talia for cantina, and about to get Luminara from GW. Thanks for the heads up with the increased energy costs. I think I'll stick to my long term goal of a team based on what's yet to be unlocked, mission wise. :)
  • ChaseKillz
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ;)
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Slushie wrote: »
    I'd agree with farming Talia since she's the only dark side healer if you're not planning to go for Old Daka any time soon. And you definitely need a healer to push the later stages of Dark Side campaign.

Here's the break down for 3rd and 4th stage Cantina so you can decide what's worth looking forward to.

3A: Jedi Consular
    3C: IG-100 MagnaGuard
    3G: Biggs Darklighter
    4A: Mace Windu
    4E: IG-86 Sentinel Droid
    4G: Plo Koon

What level do you roughly need to get a 3 star in catina 4g?
  • I think you need to be 53 to even do 4g. If it scales with 1-3, you should only need to be 2-3 levels higher to easily 3* them.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I am starting with the 8 energy Heroes that synergise with my roster first before moving up, with the exception of Consular because he is rounding out my first 7★ team using Jedi and Nightsister synergies.

Cantina farming for me has been the fastest source of shards in the game using two refills per day, and that is excluding the shipment shards. Even more than GW which I've been averaging 16 per day from there.

Talia is my highest promoted character so far needing only 67 more shards to 7★ and I've farmed about 20 to get my Consular to 5★ along the way.

Next will be Nightsister Acolyte followed by Genosian Soldier.

Why these two? They are unloved generic characters that can only be farmed from one (8 energy) Cantina node in the whole game, so there will be very few of them at 7★ in the game as others are trying to get more popular or synergetic Heroes. For me they also synergise with other Heroes I'll be working on in the mid-term. They are relatively unkown and potentially hidden power houses with good abilities.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot