TW kind of a fail

After talking to a number of other players we all agreed that TW is too much of a time sink for the mediocre 1st place rewards. Easier to just register and do nothing and get second place rewards, 1 zeta vs 2 zetas.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    losing ain't that bad indeed. I'd say that's one of the possitives about the game mode.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well pointed out. You just wrote why TB reward has to be increased
  • After talking to a number of other players we all agreed that TW is too much of a time sink for the mediocre 1st place rewards. Easier to just register and do nothing and get second place rewards, 1 zeta vs 2 zetas.

I really hope your guild is the next one my guild is matched with. Bring on the zeta materials!
  • Yeah, I agree. I hope my guild runs against you next. Haha.
  • I called dibs on it first!
    I can taste those sweet sweet zeta materials already!
  • For lower level guilds its quite a challenge and fun, we won 4 times in a row but every war was different and winning gives us just one zeta opposing to no zeta after loosing.
  • Eh, it's a short, regular event that is meant to give players something to do beyond the normal daily activities. It's a guaranteed 2-4 extra zetas a week plus some random gear materials. Would people prefer events when you feel obligated to give 100% or else be left behind? Wouldn't we then be getting complaints about this have demanding too much?

I think this is a time sink mode with semi decent rewards. Think of it as another challenge mode that you play with your guild.
  • I think it's fun and a good challenge to see if you can successfully defend; some are getting the job done on defense. Look forward to the next one.
  • [quote=

I really hope your guild is the next one my guild is matched with. Bring on the zeta materials!
    [/quote]

You are more than welcome to spend that time for one extra zeta. Being in a 90 mil guild most of us are pretty set on zeta’d toons so getting one zeta for the few toons that need them is okay by us. Some of our Players use the offense to test out new team makeups which is a plus. The rest have other interests that they would rather invest that time in
  • As a guild we have tied four out of five TW thus far. Such a waste of time.
  • [quote=

You are more than welcome to spend that time for one extra zeta. Being in a 90 mil guild most of us are pretty set on zeta’d toons so getting one zeta for the few toons that need them is okay by us. Some of our Players use the offense to test out new team makeups which is a plus. The rest have other interests that they would rather invest that time in[/quote]

It's just 1 zeta for a given TW, but it's a 50% increase in rewards, which is a big difference - especially when you account for playing TW over the course of time and how that adds up.
  • [quote=

You are more than welcome to spend that time for one extra zeta. Being in a 90 mil guild most of us are pretty set on zeta’d toons so getting one zeta for the few toons that need them is okay by us. Some of our Players use the offense to test out new team makeups which is a plus. The rest have other interests that they would rather invest that time in

It's just 1 zeta for a given TW, but it's a 50% increase in rewards, which is a big difference - especially when you account for playing TW over the course of time and how that adds up. [/quote]

The point I’m trying to make is that the extra reward for first place is just not worth the time investment in already time intensive game, but if that works for others great.
  • [quote=

It's just 1 zeta for a given TW, but it's a 50% increase in rewards, which is a big difference - especially when you account for playing TW over the course of time and how that adds up.

The point I’m trying to make is that the extra reward for first place is just not worth the time investment in already time intensive game, but if that works for others great.[/quote]

I would say most guilds enjoy the content tw brings to the game. Winning gives you something extra. I can understand if you don't enjoy tw. It seems like a big waste of time. That being said you're going to fall behind in arena if you don't have multiple zetas ready when the meta shifts next.
  • If they made a tiebreaker I might be more interested but without it, TW is boring
  • After talking to a number of other players we all agreed that TW is too much of a time sink for the mediocre 1st place rewards. Easier to just register and do nothing and get second place rewards, 1 zeta vs 2 zetas.

Ha ha ha
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    If they made a tiebreaker I might be more interested but without it, TW is boring

If you put in your best squads in on defense you won't tie.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    If they made a tiebreaker I might be more interested but without it, TW is boring

Then our offense will be weak. We aren't at the point yet where we can have both amazing offense and defense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

Then our offense will be weak. We aren't at the point yet where we can have both amazing offense and defense.

It's better to have a weak offense than a weak defense if you want to risk losing, but have a chance at winning. Potentially better rewards than a tie, or equal rewards as a tie. There's no downside.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Dzidek1983 wrote: »
    For lower level guilds its quite a challenge and fun, we won 4 times in a row but every war was different and winning gives us just one zeta opposing to no zeta after loosing.

All of this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Dzidek1983 wrote: »
    For lower level guilds its quite a challenge and fun, we won 4 times in a row but every war was different and winning gives us just one zeta opposing to no zeta after loosing.

All of this.

Us too

Then you are choosing to tie. The only way to win is through defense. If you are clearing the board you have to many offensive squads.

Basically you are saying you guys tank your own defense and are surprised you tie. You don't need amazing offense you just need your offense to do better than theirs. Even in 130m+ guilds ties only happen if at least one team chooses to play for a tie which is ridiculously stupid on their part.
  • In our 130m+ guild territory wars are far and away the most exciting part of the game. Great rewards for two days of effort and good teamwork and planning matters more than just who has the biggest gp.
  • I can’t see it as a fail, it doesn’t require much time or energy, it’s fun, it gives us some extra rewards, get to strategize, people in the guild enjoy it, I don’t mind doing 2 in a row but even if they just did 1 tw in between Tb then that’s fine too and give everyone a few days off that is cool
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    GAH!!!! The game crash just as I was entering a battle.

Now upon reboot, I see:

IN PROGRESS
    (Metroplex79)

And of course I can't enter, and it might prevent my Guild from getting that piece of territory.
    =====================================================================
    UPDATE: Never mind, the game put their team back, and mine are gone. Grrrr....
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.