Should we start farming HY for ROTJ Luke?

Prev1
Should we? I already committed to farming Wampa when this thought occurred to me today. I'm only like 40 shards in, but it's still annoying - I really don't care about HY, Wampa looks way better, but overall I of course want the new Luke, whenever he is released. Maybe they won't even release him in 2018? Decisions, decisions.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i unlocked wampa, now i'm back to hoarding just in case. It obviously sucks that i can't use wampa in certain battles that require 6* and above, but he does fine in arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I wouldn't expect another Luke variation until late 2018. I wouldn't be surprised to see RJT return mid 2018, possibly another Hero's journey next christmas (assuming we're getting new raids and guild events between now and then), and there's still Old Luke to be released at some point before the end of the new trilogy. After the backlash of the panic-farming pay-wall of veteran smugglers for Rey, I don't think they would require Hermit Yoda with TB only being out this long.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • My Hermit Yoda should be 7* by the time they decide to release ROTJ Luke. (Guesstimating 2nd half 2018, let the August memes commence)
  • Look guys, no farming required for hermit Yoda means no money.
    Never seen rhan or gk needed for anything in the game. Why?
    You can't farm them, you can't pay extra money to get them faster.
    No amount of crystal will help you get these toons. Any toon like that will never be required.
  • They could release a force-ghost yoda (for $$$ if ones chooses to whale-up) to unlock RJL
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    All the characters needed for cls were a new hope characters. The next luke will need empire strikes back characters. Id also bet on c3po as 5th . Ghost yoda would be rotj so I dont think that's realistic (now ghost ben would be another story). Rolo chs cls hy and a 5th to make sure no ftp can get him the first time .
  • Hoda will not be required. You cant buy him which is what they always try and con you into doing.
  • That's what the 5th slot is for . The p2p character
  • Laserbrain wrote: »
    That's what the 5th slot is for . The p2p character

Wrong that's what all 5 slots are for.
    Every farmable toon cost something. If they are farmable it at least indirectly cost crystals. Weather you are refresh store or energy.
    That's why rolo,rhan,gk,hyoda, wampa and any toon like that won't be required for events. No way to spend money on them.
  • Revi wrote: »
    Hoda will not be required. You cant buy him which is what they always try and con you into doing.
    That wasn't the way for Luke's first journey.

He will be needed imo
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Pretty much all legendary and hero's journey requirements had a more than 1 easy to obtain character, wich didn't need spending or panic farming at all. So i don't think we can rule out hermit as a requirement based on him not being obtainable with money.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Despite the panic farming and money grabbing. All the charcters needed for the heroes journey made sense for the character we were unlocking. So unless they completely flip the script, well need Hoda.
  • They all generate money, when you spend energy on an easy to farm toon like geo soldier for example, you deplete your resources doesn't matter how easy to farm a toon is.
    If they are farmable resources are used to get them. Those resources can be replenished with crystals therefore they make money for cg.
    Sidenote:
    Toons like rolo, cap han, cls are required for tb making them highly unlikely to be required elsewhere. Generally speaking a toon will only be required in one place in the game
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    They all generate money, when you spend energy on an easy to farm toon like geo soldier for example, you deplete your resources doesn't matter how easy to farm a toon is.
    If they are farmable resources are used to get them. Those resources can be replenished with crystals therefore they make money for cg.
    Sidenote:
    Toons like rolo, cap han, cls are required for tb making them highly unlikely to be required elsewhere. Generally speaking a toon will only be required in one place in the game

I was referring to toons only obtainable via stores, like st han and leia. Can't spend to get them faster directly, just like hermit. Packs are obviously still possible, but same goes for hermit if he's made a requirement.
    Also, i think that CLS is an obvious requirement for the final version of luke.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    leef wrote: »
    They all generate money, when you spend energy on an easy to farm toon like geo soldier for example, you deplete your resources doesn't matter how easy to farm a toon is.
    Sidenote:

I was referring to toons only obtainable via stores, like st han and leia. Can't spend to get them faster directly, just like hermit. Packs are obviously still possible, but same goes for hermit if he's made a requirement.

That is Wishful thinking .
    Much more likely to be farmable toons that are not widely used.
    Gar saxon,imperial super commando,shore,krenic, Sith trooper,Sith assassin, baze, chirrut.
    May not be any on these toons but toons like the that are not easily obtained
    Cls for sure won't be required, after he returns he will be the most widely used toon in game if he isn't already.
    Hermit yoda too easy to get. Anyone who participated in tb can have him.
    You could have zero 7* and still unlock hyoda
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Sidenote:

Gar saxon,imperial super commando,shore,krenic, Sith trooper,Sith assassin, baze, chirrut.

Hermit being a requirement is not something i wish for to be honest, haha. I'm just not willing to rule him out as a possible requirement based on the arguments given in this thread.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Sidenote:

The only ones there that i would say are 'difficult' to obtain would be shore and baze. Most of those are either available in a cantina node or in a store of some kind making them somewhat easier. Requires a bit of waiting for them to pop up but that's it.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hermit yoda is the easiest toon in the game to get. Nothing is required, all you have to do is be high enough lvl to participate in tb.
    At least those cantina nodes must be unlocked and you must at least be strong enough to get there. Look at nodes 7 and 8 in cantina or hard nodes on lvl 8 and 9 and you will see toons likely to be required in upcoming events
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hermit yoda is the easiest toon in the game to get. Nothing is required, all you have to do is be high enough lvl to participate in tb.
    At least those cantina nodes must be unlocked and you must at least be strong enough to get there. Look at nodes 7 and 8 in cantina or hard nodes on lvl 8 and 9 and you will see toons likely to be required in upcoming events

Wow, haha. Man, you and i clearly have a different view on what is considered "difficult" and "easy" to get. That's fine, but it's a major disconnect when discussing these kind of topics.
  • Palpatine,r2,thrawn all events used their opposition not their allies.
    You are assuming Jedi like will be a hero journey but it could be legendary
  • GrandAdmiralSledge
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    While RoJ Luke will almost certainly require Hoda, it is not likely that it will be any time soon. CG knows exactly how many Hodas are in the game. They will wait until it surpasses a certain number so they can be sure they're not locking out the larger portion of their heavier paying customers. Then we will get a new P2P character for the 5th slot that fits in with the story (maybe chewie, maybe bounty hunter Lando, who knows) and that will be the 3 month countdown to Luke.

Edit: Since we haven't seen that character yet, we can safely assume the answer to "when" is at least more than three months, but the day you see Carbonite Han make it into the game, set your clocks.
  • BeijiraReykvana
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Every farmable toon cost something. If they are farmable it at least indirectly cost crystals. Whether you are refresh store or energy.
    That's why rolo,rhan,gk,hyoda, wampa and any toon like that won't be required for events. No way to spend money on them.

You have to keep in mind the opportunity costs of farming Hermit Yoda from the guild store.
    Lots of valuable gear and other character shards that you cannot use your guild event currency for then - meaning that you would have to spend crystals for THEM instead, even though not directly for Yoda.

So there IS money to be earned for CG if people focus on unlocking Hermit Yoda.

That being said, and despite the fact that I would find Hermit Yoda very logical (storywise) as a requirement for ROTJ Luke, I doubt they would make participation THAT hard and exclusive... and personally, I also would not start farming HYoda just on the base of a rumour that there COULD be a ROTJ Luke at some point.

And look at RJT: They basically admitted that CLS became close to gamebreaking strong, they didn't want to repeat that mistake for Rey, and they are striving for some more variance in the meta teams. This makes it very likely that ROTJ Luke would not be powerful enough to justify such an exquisite set of characters to obtain him.
  • You haven’t started already? Stop buying gear, that is the short game
  • I will never get hyoda unless he ends up somewhere else.
    Way to many better things in event shop.
    If I were going to do a toon it Would be wampa
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Sidenote:

Not recently - Phoenix is required to unlock Thrawn, PS + their ships are required for Thrawn's cap ship, and they are required as part of LS TB.
  • Hello all. I was reading this thread and I had a thought. We'll most likely need Captain Han and CLS for the first 2 battles on Hoth (CLS vs Wampa, Capt Han searching, etc). CLS on Dagobah training. Then onto Bespin (vs Stormtrooper waves finishing with Vader). To Tatooine with a (possibly) new Diguised Leia, Lando and Chewie, with R2-D2. Onto Endor vs. Scout/Stormtroopers with (again possibly) Leia. then we might get to "use" Jedi Knight Luke in the final battle vs Vader (and possibly/most likely Emperor) to finally unlock. Thoughts?
  • Much more immediate events coming, krenic will for sure be needed SOON.
    the sell a pack out of the blue for him and put him in event store.
    All empire event very soon,
    Krenic, dt, shore could be few others in that faction.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Hello all. I was reading this thread and I had a thought. We'll most likely need Captain Han and CLS for the first 2 battles on Hoth (CLS vs Wampa, Capt Han searching, etc). CLS on Dagobah training. Then onto Bespin (vs Stormtrooper waves finishing with Vader). To Tatooine with a (possibly) new Diguised Leia, Lando and Chewie, with R2-D2. Onto Endor vs. Scout/Stormtroopers with (again possibly) Leia. then we might get to "use" Jedi Knight Luke in the final battle vs Vader (and possibly/most likely Emperor) to finally unlock. Thoughts?

You forgot the part where you need to cut off your own hand as a proof that you absolutely deserve Jedi Luke.