The case for Rey

I have read, and watched the massive amount of back and forth on her. "She's great!" "She sucks!" "Why isn't she as good as Luke?" On and on and on.

This was the point of creating her.

CG doesn't want there to be "a meta". They want ten. If there's just one meta, there are only five characters you need to chase. With Rey, there's no longer any team that is 100% solid against all-comers. GK/Zarris can't stand up to Rey. The Luke meta can't stand up to Rey. Depending on configuration, even Nightsisters can't stand up to Rey, but it all depends on who she has on her back row which team she's good against.

Not only that, but Rey falls down to something as simple as a Chaze team because of Baze's aoe dispel, but on a November 2015 shard, nobody is going to leave a Baze team up because it will get smashed back by 50 ranks in a heartbeat.

We can't just chase one meta anymore, and that was the whole idea.

Replies

• I don't think a good chaze would get knocked 50 ranks.
  • cadwane wrote: »
    I don't think a good chaze would get knocked 50 ranks.

Depends on the shard. In many, it would.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    cadwane wrote: »
    I don't think a good chaze would get knocked 50 ranks.

I run Chaze with Wiggs under CLS lead - ya my rank drops 50 all the time. I'm on a November 2015 shard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's all in the name, she's either underreyted or overreyted.
    badummm
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    It's all in the name, she's either underreyted or overreyted.
    badummm

I see what you did there.
  • Wrong.

She's a hero toon, if it's supose to be average as she is, just didn't put her behind a huge pay wall. Release the girl for free at 3* on an easy event and add packs if people wants to upgrade her.

But as usual greediness has no limits
  • How is she "average"?

She packs a punch if you get her to a good place and use her with the right support toons.
  • TheShadow1983
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Wrong.

She's a hero toon, if it's supose to be average as she is, just didn't put her behind a huge pay wall. Release the girl for free at 3* on an easy event and add packs if people wants to upgrade her.

Lol she's not average you're either not using her right or don't have her geared to 12.
    Post edited by TheShadow1983 on
  • I have her at G12 with three zetas. As part of an all G12 team with full zetas, she drops twice as far overnight as a true meta team.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I have her at G12 with three zetas. As part of an all G12 team with full zetas, she drops twice as far overnight as a true meta team.

What's the team?
  • Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference in my drop. I'll go from top 5 (assuming I remember to play) and drop to the mid 30s overnight. I did that with my CLS lead meta team, and still do it now with my JTR lead. I find rey more fun to play right now though so I'll stick with her.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I have her at G12 with three zetas. As part of an all G12 team with full zetas, she drops twice as far overnight as a true meta team.

What's the team?

Rey with R2, BB-8, CLS, Thrawn, then swapped Thrawn out for GK.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Wrong.

And what about greediness of players for having her? I mean, nobody forced them to buy packs to get her. If u were expecting an allmighty/unbalanced game breaking toon, then it's your problem.
  • pinkfloyd wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Wrong.

And what about greediness of players for having her? I mean, nobody forced them to buy packs to get her. If u were expecting an allmighty/unbalanced game breaking toon, then it's your problem.

You really didn't have to spend to get her if people listened to the speculation about the vets early on. There was time to get the vets to 7* if someone started early, but few did. I spent probably $60 total on getting her for the vets pack and crystals.