DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Complain, complain, complain. Spend all your time on the game and on the forums talking about the game.

Oh well I guess you can find solace that someone with the game is talking about your whiny posts.....for a good laugh.

If not I guess you can continue to whine everyday, while spending 5 hours playing the game and another 5 hours on discord and forums.
  • Osisiv wrote: »
    Complain, complain, complain. Spend all your time on the game and on the forums talking about the game.

Oh well I guess you can find solace that someone with the game is talking about your whiny posts.....for a good laugh.

If not I guess you can continue to whine everyday, while spending 5 hours playing the game and another 5 hours on discord and forums.

I sense great anger in you
  • MBalla
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I went to log in yesterday and found my account had been suspended for "policy violation". The sad thing is I have no clue what "Violation" I could have even done.

I had played the game when it first came out and uninstalled it for over a year, just recently came back in October. After finally making some headway and enjoying the game my account is suspended for something I don't even know about is frustrating as hell, especially after the money I have spent on the game to get to where I am currently. (which isn't even that powerful compared to most)

I have spoke to support and messaged @CG_LucifersDaddy, now just waiting to hear what is actually going on here. After reading this thread I find it pretty sad that accounts are being blocked for exploits that players may not have known they were even doing.

Come on now Devs, I get you are trying to balance the game out but to suspend an account with no warning or contact on what exploit in their misguided programming could have caused is completely unacceptable.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Your account was just suspended today?
  • Don’t punish the players for your mistakes

They paid for the game not you
  • What a nightmare. They are still blaming players for their mistake.
    It’s the players fault for ea stock going down
    And their salaries
    And the fact that we aren’t spending more
    These kinds of updates are what changed me from heavy spender 100+ a month to ftp
  • 100% agree with OP
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • @Bouncyslime I totally agree 100%, I spent nearly $100.00 over the course of a month and was still planning on getting the first order packs and a few others by Christmas but after this suspension and the time it has taken me away from the game and missing rewards I am not sure I want to invest any more money at all.

I am actually considering how I could seek a full refund and just uninstall again. I have no trust now that my account couldn't be just randomly suspended again for something I am unaware of.
  • Ea went all Plaxico Buress in the last 3 weeks

Sad to see them destroy something that was good.
  • Now when u comment on this thread it stays on page 2 and 3 and isn't getting put on the front page of forums maybe someone wants to look into that convenient bug too?
  • I never got rewards for DS TB
  • This bug is still active. Happened in my guild today.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • I believe it is different now? it deploys the toon so you can't use it in a different region, but it won't let you get multiple points for it.

It's WAI. you should be coordinating better when to click the deploy button with all 50 members of your guild.
  • Gingerbreadman123
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    1. Nice necro
    2. Game mechanics like that shouldn't be about "coordinating better with your guild" to avoid a bug.
    3. Imagine the chat spam if every time someone deployed to a platoon they had to post in chat. That's at least 270 messages once you are Phase 3 or beyond.
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    1. Nice necro
    At what comment are you saying this got necro'd?

It has been on the recent discussions list since it started

I don't see more than a week between comments. Are we considering 1 week old threads necro now?

Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • 1. Nice necro
    2. Game mechanics like that shouldn't be about "coordinating better with your guild" to avoid a bug.
    3. Imagine the chat spam if every time someone deployed to a platoon they had to post in chat. That's at least 270 messages once you are Phase 3 or beyond.

@Gingerbreadman123 it was a actually a sarcastic response to a post that had items deleted and then merged in. I wasn't serious at all, they should fix the **** bug. that when you try to deploy at the same time as someone else, it deploys the character and it can't be used in a platoon in a different section.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Easiest solution... Get rid of platoons!!!
  • scuba wrote: »

Harder solution- combine it.
    7 phases
    1-3 ls half a guild uses ls only - and only platoon ds
    7-5 the opposite of above ^^
    Middle phase 4 - you vs your guild mates tw style.
  • Yeah so..... Probe Droid special mission..... G11 & G12 zeta led Veers team with arena mods.... CLS went 16 times in a row and wiped the team out. Glad they metered the difficulty. Yawn.....
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    It's ridiculous in my opinion that we needed tons of imperial troopers today in platoons when we have a combat mission for Veers with them.

Please remove them from platoons on imperial trooper mission days like you did with Phoenix.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    It's ridiculous in my opinion that we needed tons of imperial troopers today in platoons when we have a combat mission for Veers with them.

Please remove them from platoons on imperial trooper mission days like you did with Phoenix.

Sadly logic will probably be You can use more than Imperial troopers for that battle. Doesn't seem to matter that Veers is better with Imperial troopers.

All this platoons stuff is what I pointed out when many were calling for DSTB.
    Platoons seem to suck up all the good characters.
    Based on the recent update notes (wampa being added to platoons) seems they believe that using a character in a platoon is same as taking them into battle so I don't see it getting any better.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

Sadly logic will probably be You can use more than Imperial troopers for that battle. Doesn't seem to matter that Veers is better with Imperial troopers.

All this platoons stuff is what I pointed out when many were calling for DSTB.
    Platoons seem to suck up all the good characters.
    Based on the recent update notes (wampa being added to platoons) seems they believe that using a character in a platoon is same as taking them into battle so I don't see it getting any better.

they way they announced him being added to platoons almost made me want to assign my wampa to a platoon. It sounded freaking awesome. Woohoo !! hypetrain comming through !! Choo-Choo !!
    Train+crash+test_4feb3f_5327427.gif
    They forgot to mention that you can't actually use him in battle, a battle where wampa really shines. But let's not get distracted by the details. Choo-Choo !!!

Save water, drink champagne!
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    scuba wrote: »

I liked this ---- but also have to comment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...this is just NO fun and makes guild activities a chore more than they already are.
  • My guild's Platoons from Phase 4: 5* SF Tier Fighters in ships (6 of them). 5* SF Tie Fighters, Kylo Unmasked, Spirit, and Zombie on ground. So I guess "Pay for Platoons" is the new thing. Feels like a major kick in the ... teeth... to a loyal and generally forgiving player base.
  • I really enjoy Platoons. Mostly because it's "Guild Bingo".

My gripe is that it leaves some DS Toons out, or limiting their "Platoon-ability".

In Phase 4 (at the time of this post), out of the combined 180 slots (15 per Platoon x 6 for both top and bottom):

-Dooku shows up twice
    -Daka is a no show
    -NS Initiate is a no show
    -NS Acolyte is a no show

Not sure if every Guild's TB is the same, but my "Rear Trenches" (bottom) has 2 Platoons that look like this:

>>> 3 Tarkin, 2 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 DeathTr, and 2 StormTr
    >>> 2 Tarkin, 3 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 MagmaTr, and 2 RG

I'm not going to bother counting how many the ones above show up in the other 10 Platoons.

There are a grand total of 60 DS Toons plus Wampa. Then you have to minus the DS Toons that are Required, thus excluded from all the Platoons in that Phase, which are at the current Phase 4, Veers and SnowTr.

Is the RNG for Platoon generation that bad, that a Toon does not even show up once?

Even with all my perceived bias, marketing strategy, and new premium Toons, I can understand and forgive putting a few in the last 2 Platoons more than once.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • scuba wrote: »

I liked this ---- but also have to comment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...this is just NO fun and makes guild activities a chore more than they already are.

A chore and not enjoyable
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Platoons are just .... hm what to say... I have no idea. What is the point to make it impossible? How do we suposse to play combat missions if 12 Krenics, 15 Deathtroopers, 8 Shoretroopers and few Thrawns are needed for platoons? I dont mention others important toons. This is just mobile game, to play... Do you get it CG? To fulfill even one platoon without lowering number of points is imposible for my guild, not to mention we just dont have those toons. Why do you do such a cheap moves? CG you should make platoons like this from the first phase. Not from fourth. Let it be obvious that you want suck money from players.
  • Remember all the early posts on this and from other threads on TB. This in end game content. We new players are supposed to be in top tier guilds who won’t kick you for not having CLS or any other premium toons in our roster or not putting out 10mil damage in HAAT. You should also be #1 in Pvp arena and fleet or not bother playing the game and being new is not an excuse. It’s supposed to be hard.

I am in agreement with the rest of the new folks. If this is end game content then it should be locked behind a 60 Million guild power wall and only show up once your guild can do it. Or it needs to scale like WOW does for newer players so all can enjoy the content.

Wampa in platoons is ridiculous. Kylo Tem Unmasked and SFFOTP in platoons 5 star or any other premium toon in platoons is an obvious poor form choice by CG. The difficulty level of DSTB is far beyond LS counterpart. Phoenix faces level 75 toons at the most in tier 1 compared to the Empire facing 85 elites with super speed
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I really enjoy Platoons. Mostly because it's "Guild Bingo".

My gripe is that it leaves some DS Toons out, or limiting their "Platoon-ability".

In Phase 4 (at the time of this post), out of the combined 180 slots (15 per Platoon x 6 for both top and bottom):

-Dooku shows up twice
    -Daka is a no show
    -NS Initiate is a no show
    -NS Acolyte is a no show

Not sure if every Guild's TB is the same, but my "Rear Trenches" (bottom) has 2 Platoons that look like this:

>>> 3 Tarkin, 2 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 DeathTr, and 2 StormTr
    >>> 2 Tarkin, 3 TFP, 2 ShoreTr, 2 Krennic, 2 MagmaTr, and 2 RG

I'm not going to bother counting how many the ones above show up in the other 10 Platoons.

There are a grand total of 60 DS Toons plus Wampa. Then you have to minus the DS Toons that are Required, thus excluded from all the Platoons in that Phase, which are at the current Phase 4, Veers and SnowTr.

Is the RNG for Platoon generation that bad, that a Toon does not even show up once?

Even with all my perceived bias, marketing strategy, and new premium Toons, I can understand and forgive putting a few in the last 2 Platoons more than once.

How can anyone enjoy platoons? I hope that was sarcastic...

1. Platoons take away characters use in battles
    2. Platoons delay actually performing battle
    3. Platoons make another chore for Guild leaders as they have to go thru and use out of game tools to figure out which ones the Guild can and can't complete
    4. Platoons make more work for guilds because you have to chase down people to give up those good characters that they are trying to hold onto

The abilities platoons give could have been done many different ways. The way they did it is lazy and boosts their behind the game stats so they can say players are now x% of their roster I the game now.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Platoons would be better if they weren't so rigged. Many characters (particularly useful ones like Tarkin and Troopers) show up about 10 times, and then other ones such as nightsisters (pretty much all except the pay wall ones like zombie, surprise surprise), almost never show up. Geonosians also rarely show up.