Difficulty Still Broken

Prev1
Compared to the rebel assault side of the territory battles; the dark side is broke as a joke. Phase 1 Wave 4 smashed a g11 Imperial Trooper squad and my Thrawn Lead imperials. Today my Vader, sith, and imperial trooper squads got smashed between wave 2-3. The difficulty is rediculous. It feels like it was never tested at all!

Replies

• Sounds like you have mod issues
  • Sounds like you have mod issues
    I’d agree with you if this were wave 4-6.
    I’m also comparing this to the rebel territory battle and the difference in difficulty is staggering.
  • And as in the other thread, there are several good points, such as , it's retuned and much better. Plus it's the newest content, expect it to be harder then previous versions.
  • And I will reiterate, if you are having issues as you claim in these gases, then your modding is incorrect. If your geared up, and with those squads, then it's your modding. Unless your squad comps are out to lunch.
  • For example, I ran g11 Veers, Snowtrooper, Death trooper, g10 Stormtrooper, & g10 magma trooper. They got 1 turn in wave 4 before being bonus attacked into oblivion.
  • Cool, and how are they modded, cuz that squad , when properly setup would wipe the floor wth them, so it sounds like your mods are not right from what you are saying and also not saying. Just saying ;)
  • HobbitHubby
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    4x Crit damage/2x Crit chance
    And this is phase 1 & 2. If my mods have to be perfect just to squeak through with this squad, how the hell am I suppose to get them through phase 6?
  • My Troopers ended wave 4 with damm near full health/protection. I don't have perfect mods. I do have zetas on Veers and Starck. I found the new difficulty to be just right.

• I only have Stark at 4* 45/65
    That’s a different rant entirely. It totally feels like a pay to progress move on CGs part. At least CHS had farmable cantina node.
  • So it’s hard. Why is that a bad thing? The harder it is the longer it will provide us with something to do. Remember when the tank raid was hard and everyone was crying about it? The tank raid is terrible now for top guilds because it can pretty much be soloed. It’s just a chore and half my guild doesn’t participate other than posting a zero.
  • Do,you have any speed secondaries? Cd/cc is nice , but if your moving too slowly, then it doesn't matter what you use you will be trashed,
  • I had no issues with either my trooper squad or my sith squad. As mentioned above, your troopers should be cleaning up.
  • The fact that we need zetas to beat a 2 or 3* team with 7 star G10-11 tells you all you need to know about how messed up the difficulty is.
  • Whindanser wrote: »
    The fact that we need zetas to beat a 2 or 3* team with 7 star G10-11 tells you all you need to know about how messed up the difficulty is.

Mods, mods, zeta optional lol
    The fact that we need zetas to beat a 2 or 3* team with 7 star G10-11 tells you all you need to know about how messed up the difficulty is.

Exactly. Most people are still able to clear the phase 5 Phoenix missions without Zetas and at gear 8-9.

Exactly. Most people are still able to clear the phase 5 Phoenix missions without Zetas and at gear 8-9.

Ahhhhhhhshahahahahaha

Mods should not be an issue to beating a 2 and 3* team. The balance of the event is the issue when 7* g10 toons have issues with 3* groups
  • He is right, a 5* level 70ish G7 Phoenix squad can easily beat a phase 1 special mission. A 7* level 85 G10+ Empire Squad is needed for a phase 1 special mission. That is the problem in a nutshell. Good mods and Zetas are needed to be low level events in this TB. So I guess P4 and up is 7* G12 with Arena mods?
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Try zmaul, nihilus, zylo, zavage, (any sith for last spot. I use zidious). Try to bait out enemy cleanse with basic attack debuffs before using AOE debuffs. Use annihilate on special enemies.

Try nightsisters. I use double zeta asajj ventress, NS acolyte, Old Daka, Talia, NS zombie. My NS zombie is g8 4 star. Try to get resets off asajj AOE when possible. Spread stuns out as much as possible+ tenacity down from zombie basic. Don’t ever use NS zombie special. and try to allow as many enemy taunts up before using asajj dispel. There is a little RNG hoping they don’t focus fire Daka but it’s a relatively safe strategy.

I’ve also had some success with cluster teams zeta Boba Fett lead with NS initiate (for crit up). Palpatine, tarkin, stormtrooper was one I can think of with them. Phasma works well too. TFP is decent too if you bring a taunt.

Conclusion. As others have said, it might be a mod problem. Or maybe you are trying to force certain squad combinations in that just aren’t working. Try mixing stuff up. Maybe try some squads I mentioned. I have finished all 4 waves consistently with those squads.
  • Julmay wrote: »
    Whindanser wrote: »

Mods should not be an issue to beating a 2 and 3* team. The balance of the event is the issue when 7* g10 toons have issues with 3* groups

You,do,know,that star count doesn't mean much right, . . .
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You’re missing Shore Troooer as part of that lineup. Not only is he a powerfully tanky tank, but he gives crit immunity AND he heals for a Large amount. The to top all of that off, he increases the max health of all of your troopers. Key toon.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Perfxion wrote: »
    A 7* level 85 G10+ Empire Squad is needed for a phase 1 special mission.

Nope!

https://swgoh.gg/u/tvf/collection/?f=empire

Yeah, ok, Tarkin G11. And then?

Vader G9
    TFP G8
    EP G8
    RG G8

So yeah...no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Wow, and I just reread his abilities, he also gets a FREE heal whenever a trooper uses a special ability, AND he gives them 15% TM.

You could not possibly compare this to Phoenix squad. There isn’t a single toon in Phoenix who stands out in their squad nearly as much as Shore stands out as key in his.

It’s like running Rogue One without Baze. That’s how key Shore is.
  • HobbitHubby
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Wow, and I just reread his abilities, he also gets a FREE heal whenever a trooper uses a special ability, AND he gives them 15% TM.

You could not possibly compare this to Phoenix squad. There isn’t a single toon in Phoenix who stands out in their squad nearly as much as Shore stands out as key in his.

Makes sense, but Shore is hella harder to farm than Baze (or at least harder than he use to be). I’m at 45/65 for Shore.

Again though, we’re talking about phases 1-3 here. I ran Rogue One without Baze before I had him started up and did just fine in earlier phases.
  • I'm fine with the difficulty. I think rewards should be raised a little and a bigger player pool would've been nice
  • I am finding the difficulty much easier. I've completed all waves with ease compared to last time when I had only completed two missions through this point. The difference in difficulty is considerable from last DSTB to this one. It's really hard to imagine what's giving you trouble with the team you're using. Maybe kill order?
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Makes sense, but Shore is hella harder to farm than Baze (or at least harder than he use to be). I’m at 45/65 for Shore.

Again though, we’re talking about phases 1-3 here. I ran Rogue One without Baze before I had him started up and did just fine in earlier phases.

That’s true, Shore is super tough and in fact tougher than Baze. I don’t know how long I’ve been farming him, but I’m now at 63/100.

Crazy to hear Rogue One did well without Baze.

I’m wondering if DSTB is meant to be more difficult. Getting 114 on LSTB was kind of dissapointing. It’s like, well, guess this is on autopilot now.

I like having a challenge to look forward to.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, if you compare it to LS TB, this is rather difficult. But if you compare it with the previous DS TB difficulty, it's a walk in the park.
    Prepare the get annihilated tommorow though, in phase 4 those special abilities are back =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Well, if you compare it to LS TB, this is rather difficult. But if you compare it with the previous DS TB difficulty, it's a walk in the park.
    Prepare the get annihilated tommorow though, in phase 4 those special abilities are back =D

Unless you knock them out ;)

I remember having an easier time with Phase 4 last time than I did 1~3
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Unless you knock them out ;)

I remember having an easier time with Phase 4 last time than I did 1~3

i believe we weren't able to fill a single platoon in p5/6, probably not that many in p4 either. I kinda liked the difficulty though, but i'm not what you call a representative for the entire community.
    Save water, drink champagne!