R2 Event is here!

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    What a load of absolute tripe! They hype the whole **** thing up with a mystery title and shrouded dates, and it’s a character we just had at the end of October, beginning of November! What is wrong with you, CG? You still have half the game’s population dominating arena with the most broken toon in existence and a Hoth battle that requires him, but you’re gonna do R2 again first?! Get waxed! Sick of this ****!

Overreaction much? :)

An overreaction would have been threats. I’m not unhinged, but I am heated. This is a straight up bait and switch.

Again, not even remotely. And you accuse other people of spouting nonsense......
  • Some people make me wish the downvote button was back
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Liath wrote: »
    What a load of absolute tripe! They hype the whole **** thing up with a mystery title and shrouded dates, and it’s a character we just had at the end of October, beginning of November! What is wrong with you, CG? You still have half the game’s population dominating arena with the most broken toon in existence and a Hoth battle that requires him, but you’re gonna do R2 again first?! Get waxed! Sick of this ****!

An overreaction would have been threats. I’m not unhinged, but I am heated. This is a straight up bait and switch.

Again, not even remotely. And you accuse other people of spouting nonsense......

Oh? Do explain. They’ve been hinting at CLS for some time, then they drop this ‘gem’ out of the blue, knowing it’s not really what people wanted. But, then there’s people willing to excuse it because ‘at least it’s something’.
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    knowing it’s not really what people wanted.
    Why don't you start a forum poll? In the words of Luke " it's not going to go the way you think"
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Another R2 event? Sad.

Not remotely excited about Mythic events. Don't see what's all the fuss about. The rewards are meh (give us the option to select a mod with speed secondary and I'm all in), not to mention the last tier is probably gonna required a God level rebel team to do (which means that it'll pretty much need... wait for it... CLS!)
  • Liath wrote: »

The event on the calendar isn't R2. It's the brand new R2 mythic event. Which, given that the first "recurring event" on the calendar was also a brand new mythic event, is not even remotely surprising. AND, these mythic events are something that many players have been begging for for a very long time.

Some people just can't be pleased.

You could actually have read how mythic events work
    they are up on weekends legendary event is up so poping 2day mythic only event is kinda impossible or would be total bsht so basically even if not confirmed officially it would probably be r2 followed by THJ around new year ( my guess).
    Also looking at what time was between last introduced leg event-bb8 he came back after what 5 months?, thrawn 5months for 2nd appearance i suppose THJ will be the same pattern especially according to qq on forums(me included)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Oh? Do explain. They’ve been hinting at CLS for some time, then they drop this ‘gem’ out of the blue, knowing it’s not really what people wanted. But, then there’s people willing to excuse it because ‘at least it’s something’.

Explain what? How it's not a bait and switch? I'm not even sure you know what that term means.

It's not out of the blue. It was obvious that this would be the order of things. The second "recurring event" was obviously going to be a mythic as soon as the first one was revealed to be so. When they hinted that Luke was returning, it was obvious the second mythic was going to be R2. And there are plenty of people that wanted R2 before CLS because they didn't have him done yet.
    Dracarys78 wrote: »

The event on the calendar isn't R2. It's the brand new R2 mythic event. Which, given that the first "recurring event" on the calendar was also a brand new mythic event, is not even remotely surprising. AND, these mythic events are something that many players have been begging for for a very long time.

they are up on weekends legendary event is up so poping 2day mythic only event is kinda impossible or would be total bsht so basically even if not confirmed officially it would probably be r2 followed by THJ around new year ( my guess).
    Also looking at what time was between last introduced leg event-bb8 he came back after what 5 months?, thrawn 5months for 2nd appearance i suppose THJ will be the same pattern especially according to qq on forums(me included)

Yes, I know exactly how mythic events work. I didn't say that there would only be a mythic event and not the legendary. There will be the legendary. But the legendary is not the "recurring event" - that's the mythic.

BB8 came back in less than 3 months. Thrawn came back in 4 months. Those are legendaries. Luke's and Rey's events are not legendaries and don't follow the same pattern.

Explain what? How it's not a bait and switch? I'm not even sure you know what that term means.

It's not out of the blue. It was obvious that this would be the order of things. The second "recurring event" was obviously going to be a mythic as soon as the first one was revealed to be so. When they hinted that Luke was returning, it was obvious the second mythic was going to be R2. And there are plenty of people that wanted R2 before CLS because they didn't have him done yet.

Yes, I know exactly how mythic events work. I didn't say that there would only be a mythic event and not the legendary. There will be the legendary. But the legendary is not the "recurring event" - that's the mythic.

BB8 came back in less than 3 months. Thrawn came back in 4 months. Those are legendaries. Luke's and Rey's events are not legendaries and don't follow the same pattern.

You’re exactly the kind of person I was referring to. It’s bait and switch. And no, it wasn’t obvious it was going to be a Mythic. And as I’ve stated many, many times before, this constitutes the second time R2 has been run in 2 months. There have been plenty of opportunities to get him, so far. This is a straight up slap in the face to a large chunk of players.
  • So you have to wait another week or so after 4 months of waiting some people just have to always be upset.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You’re exactly the kind of person I was referring to. It’s bait and switch. And no, it wasn’t obvious it was going to be a Mythic. And as I’ve stated many, many times before, this constitutes the second time R2 has been run in 2 months. There have been plenty of opportunities to get him, so far. This is a straight up slap in the face to a large chunk of players.

It was obvious to me. I kept seeing people say that it would be something different and thinking they were out to lunch. But some people just can't see what's right in front of their faces. Your wishful thinking not coming true isn't bait and switch.

Again, R2 is a legendary. He is *expected* to run every other month or so, after the first couple of times, because that's how the legendary cadence works.

It was obvious to me. I kept seeing people say that it would be something different and thinking they were out to lunch. But some people just can't see what's right in front of their faces. Your wishful thinking not coming true isn't bait and switch.

Again, R2 is a legendary. He is *expected* to run every other month or so, after the first couple of times, because that's how the legendary cadence works.

A literal dropped hint isn’t wishful thinking. And yeah, legendary events occur more often, but two months back to back is kittens, just like it was with Thrawn. That’s lazy. This R2 thing is playing to the lowest common denominator.

A literal dropped hint isn’t wishful thinking. And yeah, legendary events occur more often, but two months back to back is kittens, just like it was with Thrawn. That’s lazy. This R2 thing is playing to the lowest common denominator.
    How is it two months back to back, last event started late October.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    A literal dropped hint isn’t wishful thinking.

The hint says it's coming. And it is. It didn't say when. Nor did it say that R2 wouldn't come before it. So expecting that it would be RIGHT NOW OR ELSE OMG!?!??!?!?! was wishful thinking. The "what's next" hints have never indicated that the hinted thing was coming immediately.
  • Why are people complaining again? What else would you like? We just had BB-8, Thrawn was recent, and Palp and yoda are on a schedule. Who else would come? I for one am excited, because I will be able to 7star him and get CLS
  • Icespyd3r_ wrote: »

Because all but a day or two of it was in November.

You are joking right.... Last event started 10/26/17. So again it's about 2 months since the last event, which is the normal every other month release cadence for legendries. Usually only the second time a legendary event runs there is about a 3 month gap between events

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Why are people complaining again?

Because this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AldaisKaroth, every single post I have seen of yours on this thread or threads you create, is just relentless crying. Why do you play this game still?
  • AldaisKaroth, every single post I have seen of yours on this thread or threads you create, is just relentless crying. Why do you play this game still?

Criticism isn’t crying, jackwagon. Critique improves content. Accountability improves content. Get over it. Skip my posts, if I annoy you.
  • Darth_Helios
    175 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    AldaisKaroth, every single post I have seen of yours on this thread or threads you create, is just relentless crying. Why do you play this game still?

True but you only complain. Are you ever happy?

Haha just looked at his discussions via his profile and it's so true. Every single one crying about something being too hard :D
    Icespyd3r_ wrote: »

You are joking right.... Last event started 10/26/17. So again it's about 2 months since the last event, which is the normal every other month release cadence for legendries. Usually only the second time a legendary event runs there is about a 3 month gap between events

You know, you’re right. The cadence is probably closer to correct. Thrawn was probably the only major cadence-breaker. That doesn’t change that they’ve strung the community along for the return of a game-breakingly powerful character... for what? They’ve hamstrung anyone who didn’t get him, evade legitimate questions about a return to bring some balance back to the community, tease his return just before Christmas, then outright fail to deliver... and for what? He’s a free character. Every single one of his pre-reqs is F2P. There’s no money to be made by holding him above everyone like this.
  • What are the chances that the OP's photo is a troll fake?
    Icespyd3r_ wrote: »

You know, you’re right. The cadence is probably closer to correct. Thrawn was probably the only major cadence-breaker. That doesn’t change that they’ve strung the community along for the return of a game-breakingly powerful character... for what? They’ve hamstrung anyone who didn’t get him, evade legitimate questions about a return to bring some balance back to the community, tease his return just before Christmas, then outright fail to deliver... and for what? He’s a free character. Every single one of his pre-Rey’s is F2P. There’s no money to be made by holding him above everyone like this.
    I'm with you on that i love this game but their communication with the community sucks. Also on one of your points there is no money to be made if they do CLS now and R2 in a week or so after at least if they do R2 first they can sell empire packs to newer players then packs to those same people for CLS.

• *pre-reqs, not pre-Rey’s. Autocorrect is trash.
  • Ariben wrote: »
    What are the chances that the OP's photo is a troll fake?

Load up Google play & go take a look
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I did and didn't see anything. Link?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I did and didn't see anything. Link?
    it's in a green outline right under uninstall and open buttons once you open up galaxy of heroes in the playstore

The hint says it's coming. And it is. It didn't say when. Nor did it say that R2 wouldn't come before it. So expecting that it would be RIGHT NOW OR ELSE OMG!?!??!?!?! was wishful thinking. The "what's next" hints have never indicated that the hinted thing was coming immediately.

I don't think he gets it or doesn't want to. I have come to a conclusion that there are a lot of young people on this forum that just don't get things.

I don't think he gets it or doesn't want to. I have come to a conclusion that there are a lot of young people on this forum that just don't get things.

Oh, I get it. But, don’t act like they didn’t know exactly what they were doing. They knew exactly the conclusion they were leading people towards. And don’t assume my age.