What is Star Wars for You?

Prev1
First_but_66_Order
1014 posts Member
edited December 2017
Is it everything? Or just canon? Starkiller? KOTOR? Movies only?
What is Star Wars for you?

What is Star Wars for You? 78 votes

Movies only
12%
Saralebp3traPanGlobuhlBlue_10Fei34SirlagzalottQuiGonFishingAleSahnDroh_1979ARougeRogueJoeR 10 votes
Movies and Clone Wars
5%
GhostwolfFives5555JaVCnJakeC 4 votes
Movies and Clone Wars(2003)
0%
Movies and all TV Series
7%
Boojedikilla84snarzenalspicynachosupreme1ObiShenobiTommo11 6 votes
All canon
21%
StarSonZombie961NicWesterNikeNoodleThor_Odinson1AntaresCrazylazyguyIceih_SWGEnderGamer87DarthEarthAdmiral_Wh1skersComradeViniWilBiogenswgohimnojediOld_Man_JenkinsMakinATrillion 17 votes
All canon and KoTOR
28%
NaurosDooku_for_daysElleMadaraOnarkphatphil3Fürkészphinfan309Drazharicanectc7_GSTFMrThamer87freshprince19888FierceRevanNocturnal_GlowJovana_MiloMajorPFauztinJedi_BaneRevanComingSoonTrojan 22 votes
Canon and Comics (Marvel)
0%
Canon and Comics (Dark Horse)
1%
Talilover 1 vote
Canon and Battlefront 2 (story)
1%
LukeSkyrunner 1 vote
Something else
21%
PotatoManDarth_cowboyleefJoostDarthpedroAmbassadorDatBoiTmanUnlimitedpowarZaraosZevoxFirst_but_66_OrderAgentSmithMax_Rebos_groupieShawn123SianMhabooEPEKKA 17 votes

Replies

• Something else
    The EU was my star wars
  • Something else
    The EU was my star wars

What do you mean exactly?
    Original thrawn? Legacy?
  • Something else
    Kir Kanos and Mara Jade were the best. Besides all canon ofc (books and everything )
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Something else
    Kir Kanos and Mara Jade were the best. Besides all canon ofc (books and everything )

The expended universe, all the books before 2014 that are now legendary

Mara Jade was one of my favorites also, new Jedi order also
  • All canon
    I never knew anything about the EU except Thrawn. Disney actually brought me back into Star Wars.
  • All canon and KoTOR
    KOTOR loyalist. HK might just be a legend now, but he’s no meatbag, that’s for sure.

Lots of options to choose from, your poll answers are a little confusing to me.

Star Wars to me: all current canon, including movies, Clone Wars Show, Rebels Show, Battlefront 2 story, and all new content. Also Star Wars to me but isn’t canon, is the 2003 animated show (samurai jack style animation), KOTOR 1 and 2 (I didn’t play SWTOR though), Force Unleashed (first game, but not the second. Second was weird).

Star Wars to me is also a real life lifestyle belief system. The Force is with me and I am one with the Force.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • All canon and KoTOR
    Starkiller is my absolute favorite Star Wars character of all time. I just love how he embodies both the light and dark sides of the force and chooses to do good when confronted with the decision for vengeance or starting the Rebellion.
  • All canon
    The campaign to BF2 IS canon.

Unless you mean the OG Battlefront 2. In which case the 501st campaign in that one will always be canon for me.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Something else
    I always thought Disney should have ran both Disney Canon and Legends. The could be how Marvel ran there different realities(earth 616 and ultimate universe).
    My Star Wars is everything dealing in Star Wars.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Something else

Unless you mean the OG Battlefront 2. In which case the 501st campaign in that one will always be canon for me.

I know it is, however I wanted to give a seperate choice for that.
    I unf missed out the original BF series.
  • The only things I consider canon are the first Star Wars movie (IV), Episode I, Episode III, the first 2 seasons of The Clone Wars, the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season of Rebels, and The Last Jedi. Everything else is complete nonsense.
  • All canon
    Chagoth wrote: »
    The only things I consider canon are the first Star Wars movie (IV), Episode I, Episode III, the first 2 seasons of The Clone Wars, the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season of Rebels, and The Last Jedi. Everything else is complete nonsense.

That’s pretty strict of what is canon for you
  • All canon
    The only things I consider canon are the first Star Wars movie (IV), Episode I, Episode III, the first 2 seasons of The Clone Wars, the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season of Rebels, and The Last Jedi. Everything else is complete nonsense.

Unlike Chagoth I actually wish we could delete the new trilogy from canon because of how it has sodomized the force and the character of Luke Skywalker.
  • All canon

The first one didn't have a campaign. The 501st campaign from the 2nd one was fun to play and had a great story. I recommend it if you can get a copy.
  • Chagoth wrote: »

Unlike Chagoth I actually wish we could delete the new trilogy from canon because of how it has sodomized the force and the character of Luke Skywalker.

Luke is at least 1000x better in the last Jedi than he ever was anywhere else
  • Something else

The first one didn't have a campaign. The 501st campaign from the 2nd one was fun to play and had a great story. I recommend it if you can get a copy.

Or time...
  • All canon

Are you kidding me?
    HE DOESN'T EVEN FIGHT.

TLJ version of Luke is the antithesis of OT Luke. Everything important about the character has completely flip flopped in this film. Now, let it be said that I would have been totally fine with the character arc Luke has in this film, except that it was Luke's arc. Luke's character has already been established in three movies, and then this one comes out and fundamentally changes everything about the character. Mark Hamill said he disagreed with Johnson on everything about Luke, but Johnson didn't heed that wisdom despite Hamill knowing Luke better than anyone and despite Hamill being far more in touch with fans and knowing how fans felt about Luke. It's ok to break from expectaions, but not like this. #notmyskywalker
  • Something else
    As in, what would I want to consider my preferred version of Star Wars?

The Original Trilogy + Rogue One + select Expanded Universe novels + some of the Clone Wars cartoon + KotOR.

For all its faults, I find the old EU preferable as a continuation of the series to the new films, so taking it over them. Definitely cut off the EU at least after the New Jedi Order series, possibly at that, though. Probably there's some post-RotJ but pre-NJO stories I could do without, but I'm not taking the time to go over them all and make a list. Definitely keep the Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing series, and Hand of Thrawn Duology, which were the best of the EU.

As for the Clone Wars cartoon, it's the only prequel-era thing I'm fine with much of, but would omit at least the Jar-Jar based episodes, as well as the whole Father/Son/Daughter plotline, which was a mess in its own right and, worse, linked in to one of the worst post-NJO novel series.
  • Something else
    Movies, canon novels and comics (Marvel) as well
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Something else
    lmao, did you just create a poll where you voted "something else" yourself? That's hilarious.
    to me sw is this game, don't really care about the rest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Anything past and present with the Star Wars label is Star Wars to me. For better or worse it’s all included. From the movies (including the Christmas special) to comics, games, TV and especially the EU novels. However I don’t consider the alternative storylines in episodes 7&8 to be Star Wars. That’s just a bad nightmare
  • All canon
    All Canon + Star Wars Bounty Hunter because I love me some Jango Fett backstory
  • Something else
    leef wrote: »
    lmao, did you just create a poll where you voted "something else" yourself? That's hilarious.
    to me sw is this game, don't really care about the rest.

It was too late when I realised that I cannot make more than 10 options...
  • Something else
    All of it, canon or otherwise.

Are you kidding me?
    HE DOESN'T EVEN FIGHT.

TLJ version of Luke is the antithesis of OT Luke. Everything important about the character has completely flip flopped in this film. Now, let it be said that I would have been totally fine with the character arc Luke has in this film, except that it was Luke's arc. Luke's character has already been established in three movies, and then this one comes out and fundamentally changes everything about the character. Mark Hamill said he disagreed with Johnson on everything about Luke, but Johnson didn't heed that wisdom despite Hamill knowing Luke better than anyone and despite Hamill being far more in touch with fans and knowing how fans felt about Luke. It's ok to break from expectaions, but not like this. #notmyskywalker

Look Johnson made the worst star wars movie ever made but what he did with luke was fantastic. People make fundamental changes in older age all the time and he's not the first Jedi to feel the way he does about the religion. If he was maybe you'd have an argument but theres more than just him.
  • Zevox wrote: »
    As in, what would I want to consider my preferred version of Star Wars?

The Original Trilogy + Rogue One + select Expanded Universe novels + some of the Clone Wars cartoon + KotOR.

For all its faults, I find the old EU preferable as a continuation of the series to the new films, so taking it over them. Definitely cut off the EU at least after the New Jedi Order series, possibly at that, though. Probably there's some post-RotJ but pre-NJO stories I could do without, but I'm not taking the time to go over them all and make a list. Definitely keep the Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing series, and Hand of Thrawn Duology, which were the best of the EU.

As for the Clone Wars cartoon, it's the only prequel-era thing I'm fine with much of, but would omit at least the Jar-Jar based episodes, as well as the whole Father/Son/Daughter plotline, which was a mess in its own right and, worse, linked in to one of the worst post-NJO novel series.

Do you mean the episodes where the old man requests Anakin to balance the force between his son and daughter?
  • Movies and Clone Wars
    And also clone wars 2003, with some legends mixed in
  • Something else
    I think the movies/cgi TV shows, the old republic games/comics, and the whole vader's secret apprentice are cannon. Exlude thrawn and the crazy EU stuff, please.

Are you kidding me?
    HE DOESN'T EVEN FIGHT.

the fact luke dosn't fight is insignifagint. Hamil's acting has gotten a whole lot better from a few years of broadway.

I like sodomizing the Force.
  • Seriously though. What do I really consider canon? Anything Disney says is canon. And as bad as some think the new trilogy is (and I'm not happy with it), it can't be worse than Attack of the Clones, the EU, and Ewoks.