IPD special mission did not get a difficulty adjustment

There are 4 (four!) elites in the first wave of the IPD special mission. This is not in line with the rest of the Phase 3 DS TB combat missions and should be adjusted accordingly.

Replies

• My team for that is not bad at all and couldn’t kill even one guy.

All 85, 7 Star, G9-10, all omega skills, no zeta. Veers, shore, snow, death, and starck.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Same here, got through phase 1 through 4 elites only to get hammerred by the heroes! All Lvl 85, 7*, g10 and above.

I believe it still needs some tweaking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's way more difficult than it's LS counterpart (the ROLO mission) that's for sure, but my troopers got it done without any real issues. I do have zeta veers though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Combat missions are different from Special missions, as Special missions are tuned to be more challenging as they provide special rewards. Still, we appreciate the feedback and will send it back to the team.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • But the ROLO mission can be done with two deadweight characters.

The IPD version must be 25% harder.
  • Hiya!
    Combat missions are different from Special missions, as Special missions are tuned to be more challenging as they provide special rewards. Still, we appreciate the feedback and will send it back to the team.

If that's the case then why such a high difficulty in phase 3? Reports coming in of g11 squads getting wrecked. Dark side TB as a whole has not been that fun for a lot of players because CG has too high of a difficulty in these first few phases. I know there is a delicate balance of difficulty vs accomplishment but can you at least wait until phases 5 and 6 before you completely demoralize the *free to play* player base?
  • For those who did manage to complete it, what did you use ? I have no chance with my g8/9
  • @TekkarEdorf

I used a trooper squad some could consider a subpar team makeup: Veers, starck, magmatrooper, snowtrooper and stormtrooper.

Veers, snow and storm are g11. Starck is g10 and magma is g9. I know that the gear level is solid on 3/4 of my team, but I didn't use shore nor dt and was able to beat it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    For those who did manage to complete it, what did you use ? I have no chance with my g8/9

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/collection/?f=imperial-trooper
    used veers, shore, starck, snow and DT. didn't lose health on any of them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    For those who did manage to complete it, what did you use ? I have no chance with my g8/9

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/collection/?f=imperial-trooper
    used veers, shore, starck, snow and DT. didn't lose health on any of them.

Powerful team you have there. I’ll be working Inn iT after I finish JTR
  • Hiya!

Yeah, my biggest beef with this is just that the Rolo mission for LSTB is significantly easier, not just than the IPD mission, but also than the combat missions on the same phase for LSTB. It's super easy, which is awesome, cuz it makes it more about meeting the requirements than completing the team, and you have way more options of you you can use with rebels.

With DS being way weaker, and limiting it to 7 toons, with only a couple being any good outside of a very specific squad, it is severely limiting, while the Rolo mission is a breeze as long as you have the requirements. Would really appreciate if you guys would reconsider and ease up bit on this missions difficulty! Thanks :-)
  • Hiya!

@CG_Kozispoon -- fyi on the tuning: I used a level 80, g8 veers (7*), a level 80, g8 starck (5*), a level 85, g11 stormtrooper (7*), and level 85, g12 deathtrooper and shoretrooper (7*) (deathtrooper also has a multi-tool equipped), high end mods on all of them (you can see the arena mods on death/shore/storm here: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/ ; Veers had the mods on JTRey, Starck had Raid Han's). Didn't come close to beating the second wave. That's significantly harder tuning than the special missions in the LSTB.
  • For the 2nd wave, not sure how everyone handles the 3 heroes, but you should take down han first. Get rid of the Rezz and heal.

If you run dt, thrown DM on cls after and nuke him.

My kill order was han, Leia and cls. I didn't use dt so no deathmark. I got storm to taunt after cls cleansed another trooper.
  • The DS TB map is intended to be a little harder. But some of it is still much more than a little harder compared with LS TB.
  • Too hard. Whole squad of g12 toons got wiped by CLS all by himself. I should have brought death trooper, but was saving him for a zeta krennic Squad. Still. Five g12 toons should not be wasted by a single toon, even if he is CLS.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I won it with these guys but I just about lost snow and Starck. I sat Shore and Death. It’s way too hard, I’d say minimum needed is zVeers and G11 but I could see you still losing with g12 troops and bad rng. That’s ridiculous.

Our only comparison is the ROLO/CHOLO mission on light side and you can finish that dragging both of them at g8. IPDs mission is multiple orders of magnitude more difficult.

https://swgoh.gg/u/wu tang financial /collection/?f=imperial-trooper
  • @CG_Kozispoon you honestly can not use the excuse of special missions being harder if individuals with g8/g9 toons get through the ROLO special mission just fine. I’m going to link my YouTube of my experience with g9-g12 toons here for people to see how high you need troopers geared in order to do this mission https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNX8ttvJ-F8
  • This mission should be g9 at max considering how impossibly long the farm is to IPD. Losing shards for your guild isn't fun. Especially considering how easy ROLO is.
  • Yeah, that looks ridiculously overtuned. Tone it down, devs.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon you honestly can not use the excuse of special missions being harder if individuals with g8/g9 toons get through the ROLO special mission just fine. I’m going to link my YouTube of my experience with g9-g12 toons here for people to see how high you need troopers geared in order to do this mission https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNX8ttvJ-F8

Totally agreed.
  • Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon you honestly can not use the excuse of special missions being harder if individuals with g8/g9 toons get through the ROLO special mission just fine. I’m going to link my YouTube of my experience with g9-g12 toons here for people to see how high you need troopers geared in order to do this mission https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNX8ttvJ-F8

my favorite part is when you had CLS down the ropes, Heal immune, Exposed an in the red, he goes NOPE
    Call to action and OHKO's Veers.

• @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_CapGaSP This is still a Phase 3 mission, a 4 star requirement, no? Although I can understand that it can be a bit more difficult, in NO WAY should it REQUIRE a zeta to complete it... Please address this issue. 7 star, G11, fully modded (5 dots) should be enough to complete this