Content Update 12/21/2017

Prev13456711
RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited December 2017
<<DEV POST>>
MEGATHREAD

Hiya Holotable Heroes! We've reached the last Game update of the year! Here are the Game Updates for 12/21/2017. We'll see you in again in 2018. :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM CAPITAL GAMES!
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Capital Games! We look forward to bringing you another exciting year of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes content. In the meantime, please enjoy these gifts this holiday season!
  • 1 Full Set of Health Mods - 5*, Green or Better
  • Wampa shards x5
  • 250,000 Credits
  • 10x 3* Training Droids
  • 100x Sim Tickets
This special thank you will be landing in Players inboxes on December 25th

DARING DROID (MYTHIC EVENT)
b4fqlejkdv2k.png

A new Mythic event makes its way to the Holotable! As detailed alongside BB-8's Legendary Event, Mythic Events are a way to replay a previously completed Legendary Events. Mythic Events are max-level content that will only appear once you’ve completed the Legendary version first. Once the Legendary version is completed, the Mythic Event will unlock immediately and become available to play as long as it is still running.

In the Daring Droid Mythic version, players will be able to replay the original Legendary Event final tier, play a new, more difficult tier where they can take any characters in, and a new tier that reverses the encounter! Battle against the Empire with the team from a A New Hope! And similar to BB-8's Mythic Event, R2-D2's will return everytime the Legendary event is run.

HERO'S JOURNEY: LUKE RETURNS!
y8sye7hjybze.png

Many Holotable heroes suspected, and now we can finally confirm- Luke Skywalker's Hero's Journey returns for the first time! Luke will also be bringing back his astromech friend, R2-D2, in the updated "The Daring Droid" Legendary event. Join both Luke and R2-D2 to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker! This highly anticipated event will begin December 28th
Characters required to complete event:
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Princess Leia
  • Stormtrooper Han Solo
  • Old Ben Kenobi
  • R2-D2
LV requirements: 40+

Limited-Time Chromium Changes
For a limited time, all drops of Chromium packs have been increased, from 10-12 shards per card, to 15 shards per card! This special offer will begin on December 21st

Imperial Retaliation Platoons Update
The Wampa has joined the ranks of the Imperial Retaliation platoons! Muster your forces and bring your Wampa to battle in order to destroy the Rebels and remove their blight from the galaxy.

PACKS AND BUNDLES

PACKS

REVAMPED Ability Materials Pack
Prepare for the latest TERRITORY BATTLE with a revamped Ability Materials Pack! This limited-time pack will grant at least 9 Omega and 20 MkIII Ability Materials - and may grant up to 25 Omegas & 50 MkIIIs! This Pack will be available December 25th

BUNDLES

The Dark Side Starter Bundle, Jedi Starter Bundle, and the Rancor Raid Strategy Bundle, have now been moved to progression bundles and will unlock for players who progress to the following levels:
  • Darkside Starter Bundle unlocks after progressing to level 12
  • Jedi Starter Bundle unlocks after progressing to level 16
  • Rancor Raid Strategy Bundle unlocks after progressing to level 23

Light Side Starter Bundle
In the Store for a limited time only, purchase this bundle to start your journey to the Light Side! Includes 4 character unlocks that will help you form a party to fight the coming battles ahead, PLUS plenty of bonus Crystals and resources to help you level these characters up!
Characters include:
  • Chewbacca (Clone Wars)
  • Clone Sergeant - Phase 1
  • Jedi Consular
  • Stormtrooper Han
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: Will only appear to players who have leveled to lv 8+
This Bundle will be available December 21st

Jedi Starter Bundle
In the Store for a limited-time only, purchase this new bundle to get powerful Jedi shards! Includes shards for 3 characters, including the powerful Jedi Knight Anakin, and also bonus Crystals, Credits, and Training Droids.
Characters include:
  • Jedi Knight Anakin
  • Mace Windu
  • Jedi Consular
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 16, with a 7 day timer (so bundle should appear at Level 16 and disappear 7 days later if not purchased)

Dark Side Starter Bundle
In the Store for a limited time only, purchase this bundle to start your journey towards the Dark Side! Includes 4 characters that will help you form a party to fight the coming battles ahead!
Characters include:
  • Count Dooku
  • Royal Guard
  • Snowtrooper
  • Talia
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 23, with a 7 day timer (bundle appears when players hit Lv23 and disappears if not purchased 7 days later)

Rancor Strategy Bundle
Prepare your collection for the Rancor Raid! This bundle, in the Store for a limited time only, includes 3 characters who have special abilities and synergies that are perfect for taking down the beast and earning big rewards with your guild. This bundle also includes bonus character shards and resources to help you power up your new characters.
Characters include:
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Teebo
  • Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: Will only appear to players who have leveled to lv 12 after this update. (Pack stays visible for 7 days after it first appears)

Special Boba Fett Holiday Bundle
Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear once per day for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
This Bundle contains:
  • Character Shards: Boba Fett (x80)
  • Crystals
  • Credits
  • Training Droids
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 8+
This bundle is available starting December 24th

Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle.

Maximum 1 purchase.
Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
This bundle is available starting December 24th

Gear XII Holiday Bundle (Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool)
Gear XII pieces are now available for purchase for the first time ever! Pick up this extremely rare bundle and outfit your best characters with the Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool, one of the most powerful pieces of gear in the Cantina. Also includes credits, training droids, and some bonus crystals.
Bundle Contents:
  • Credits: 250,000
  • Training Droids: 4* x50
  • Crystals: 250
This Bundle will be available December 25th
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 85

Gear XII Mega-Bundle (4 Gear XII Pieces)
Gear XII pieces are now available for purchase for the first time ever! Pick up this extremely rare bundle and outfit your best characters with extremely powerful gear. Includes 4 fully crafted Gear XII pieces as well as credits, training droids, and some bonus crystals.
Bundle contents include:
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Multi-tool
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Armor Plating
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Medpac
  • Mk 12 ArmaTek Visor
  • Credits
  • Training Droids
  • Crystals
This Bundle will be available December 25th
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 85

The Journey Begins Bundles
Power up your A NEW HOPE Characters and get them ready for the Hero's Journey with the following bundles listed below:
  • The Journey Begins: Luke Skywalker
  • The Journey Begins: Obi Wan Kenobi
  • The Journey Begins: Princess Leia
  • The Journey Begins: Stormtrooper Han
Each Bundle will be available in Store December 28th
Maximum 1 purchase
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

BUGS
iOS Crash Fixed[b/]
We have fixed an issue that was affecting iOS users and causing them to crash upon their initial load into the game. This issue has now been fixed! The new client will automatically download to your device, unless you have automatic downloads disabled. If you automatic updates disabled on your device, you will need to navigate to the SWGOH game, within the iOS app store, and select the update option to manually update your client.

Characters
  • Ahsoka Tahno (Fulcrum): "Perseverance" will no longer incorrectly dispel Healing Immunity inflicted by Rey (Jedi Training).
  • BB-8: Fixed an issue that could cause "Roll with the Punches" Zeta upgrade to fail to call an Assist.
  • Death Trooper: The Taunt effect from Deathmark, inflicted by "Terminate", will no longer incorrectly linger after Deathmark expires.
  • Hermit Yoda: AI controlled Hermit Yoda will now prioritize "Strength Flows From the Force" over "Master's Protection".
  • Mother Talzin: Turn Meter Gain from "The Great Mother" will now function correctly during the first wave of a battle.
  • Rey (Jedi Training): "Insight" Zeta upgrade will now correctly grant Foresight at the start of encounters beyond the first.

Guild Events
  • Hoth Rebel Officer: Fixed bug where this character gained Foresight at the incorrect times.
  • Edited icon in details tab to be defensive passive on focused defense instead of rebel passive icon.

WHAT'S AHEAD
The price for treason.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    < Placeholder Text >
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • Many thanks for the return of Commander Luke event and for listening to your players. Merry Xmas to all at CG and heavy a happy New year
  • I lost my raid rewards due to update and timing of reward payout....
  • Beldax wrote: »
    Many thanks for the return of Commander Luke event and for listening to your players. Merry Xmas to all at CG and have a happy New year

I second this :)
  • Thanks CG!!!!!!!
  • yey! thanks CG!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Happy Holidays from all of us here at Capital Games! We look forward to bringing you another exciting year of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes content. In the meantime, please enjoy these gifts this holiday season!
    • Wampa shards x5
    • 250,000 Credits
    • 10x 3* Training Droids
    • 100x Sim Tickets

The Wampa has joined the ranks of the Imperial Retaliation platoons! Muster your forces and bring your Wampa to battle in order to destroy the Rebels and remove their blight from the galaxy.

expect_the_unexpected_with_these_gifs_17.gif

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I signed in just to say: thanks for the Hermit Yoda fix! I was sad I couldnt get Rey this time around, but this totally made up for it. Also, thanks for the gifts, much appreciated.
    You guys at CG have been receiving a lot of critics these days, but as a F2P all I can say is: thanks for letting me play an awesome game totally for free, you guys are doing an excellent job as far as Im concerned.
    Happy holidays and may you all take a good rest and recharge your batteries with your families.
    May the Force be with you all!
  • Faith... and complaining/constant asking is rewarded. Thanks CG
  • Is everyone happy now?I
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    leef wrote: »

• Wampa shards x5
    • 250,000 Credits
    • 10x 3* Training Droids
    • 100x Sim Tickets

expect_the_unexpected_with_these_gifs_17.gif

lol kitten does that mean :D
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Is CLS event a mythic event as well?
  • Ugh, no new characters? In the month of a new movie release, I was hoping for more than 1 new character (RJT) and only two total new characters (RJT and KRU) from the new movie until January at best.

: (
  • Monel wrote: »

No mythic events for heroes journey.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

No mythic events for heroes journey.

Makes sense, but I was still hoping lol.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Minowara wrote: »
    Ugh, no new characters? In the month of a new movie release, I was hoping for more than 1 new character (RJT) and only two total new characters (RJT and KRU) from the new movie until January at best.

What, you don't count SF Pilot?
  • There IS hope. Looks like a solid update. Worry about the sale of g12 gear for f2p/p2p balance but the deluge of new CLS will probably dampen that effect anyway
  • Really?
    You are putting Wampa into the platoons already?
    We said we wanted platoons to be actually acheivable rather than having the entire guild to pay ludicrious sums of money constantly to have a slight hope of filling them and your takaway is to add a character in that (I’m pretty sure) hasn’t exsisted long enough for people to unlock nevermind to get multiple stars with.

Drop that part of this and it’s a 8/10 update. With it this is a solid 2/10
    Bad form
  • Imperial Retaliation Platoons Update

Nobody will share the enthusiasm with this change as you do. This is another change to platoons that is out of touch with reality and what would make a game fun. Farm Wampa for a months and use him in platoons - yeah!
  • Liath wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Ugh, no new characters? In the month of a new movie release, I was hoping for more than 1 new character (RJT) and only two total new characters (RJT and KRU) from the new movie until January at best.

What, you don't count SF Pilot?

SF Ship (and pilot) are from TFA.
  • Whats the point.. going backwards
  • HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM CAPITAL GAMES!
    • Wampa shards x5
    • 250,000 Credits
    • 10x 3* Training Droids
    • 100x Sim Tickets
    This special thank you will be landing in Players inboxes on December 25th

WOOOOHOOOO! Awesome!
  • DapperChewie
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I signed in just to say: thanks for the Hermit Yoda fix! I was sad I couldnt get Rey this time around, but this totally made up for it. Also, thanks for the gifts, much appreciated.
    You guys at CG have been receiving a lot of critics these days, but as a F2P all I can say is: thanks for letting me play an awesome game totally for free, you guys are doing an excellent job as far as Im concerned.
    Happy holidays and may you all take a good rest and recharge your batteries with your families.
    May the Force be with you all!

I'd like to add to this a little.

What I love is that the first time CLS came around, all I had was STHan and Farmboy Luke at 4*. Hadn't even unlocked Leia or Old Ben or R2. But between then and now, I have had the time to get them all to 7* and geared up to GL9 or GL10 in preparation for the inevitable return of CLS. So a big thanks for giving us enough time to fully prepare for the second run of CLS!

I had a lot to do in that time. Aside from getting the New Hope Rebels leveled, I had to get a full 7* Empire team for R2, which required a 7* Thrawn, which required a 7* Phoenix Squad. So now, as a player who started in June, I have 3 pretty good teams, I can solo GW with Phoenix, feel like i'm participating in TB and TW, and even do raids with my guild. The progression in this game isn't the fastest out there, but it's steady and doesn't take years to get a really good squad or two. So props to the devs for that!
  • Small/new guilds continuously get beaten with sticks just for being small or new. This is a structural problem that must be addressed, as it is getting out of hand this way. Filling platoons is already hard for many guilds, but if you have to invest what little currency you get into farming a character instead of buying G12 pieces, you only get further behind.

Having these characters as extremely long term rewards (in the style of the raid characters) would be hard enough, but requiring them is much worse than requiring General Kenobi even. At least you get him as a BONUS in addition with the raid reward. Here, someone in a small guild would have to spend everything he gets for about 4-5 months just to unlock a character, so it is entirely unfeasible (Because the difference in rewards between new/small and big/old guilds has not been well constructed).
  • Thank you! You all incorporating community feedback to not just replay legendary events but to help us earn rewards from them is a much appreciated gift. Happy holidays to all the folks over there!
  • Cmacleod3
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This a great present for me I got ffarmboy g9 and such i am working on the rest...

Even if I have to give them all my arena mods I will get him I am 220/330 so 110 and that's about 2 stages left
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.

This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.

Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th[\quote]

Just wanted to confirm - only the $100 crystal pack will have the bonus crystals? Or will the smaller ones be available with the bonus as well?
  • How about instead of 5 wampa shards, they give us DSTB achievements with wampa shards like with LSTB and Hoda... Beyond the one achievements for getting 48*
  • diangelo
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Is Hermit Yodas AI also fixed so that he will use strength flows from the force when protection is low? (As opposed to waiting until he's super low on health)

*edit- nevermind. I'm an ****. You fixed it. Lol
    Post edited by diangelo on
  • Blueplaya
    119 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    In the Daring Droid Mythic version, players will be able to replay the original Legendary Event final tier, play a new, more difficult tier where they can take any characters in, and a new tier that reverses the encounter! Battle against the Empire with the team from a A New Hope!

For this final tier do all the characters need to be 7* and is it the exact team from A New Hope (ie Raid Han, Farm boy luke, Old ben, Leia, Chewie, and R2) or can you use any rebel?