Wampa Viable at 5*?

Was wondering if anyone has tried Wampa at 5* G11? I am planning on nabbing him after this current TB and gearing him up, but was wondering if anyone else had experience with him yet? I know that attackers usually need stars in order to work well, but Wampa kit seems like if might still work okay even at 5*...thoughts?

Replies

• I don’t have him but he will probably be fine just because he will gain a bunch of protection with the way his kit works. And the dps will probably be there so I would say he would be viable
  • He is legit even at 5*. Im seeing G11 5*-6* Wampas critting basic for 30k+

~D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    yea, he's viable at 5* g11. I used him in arena for a while, great vs rebels, NS (AoE to kill stealthed acolyte) and vs zBarriss. I believe i'm not on a very difficult leaderboard, but he did the job.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sweet. Good to hear. While I am having no issues with the CLS meta, the new Rey teams are giving me some fits. I don’t think the Wampa is the answer, but it will be another nice tool to have when needed!
  • leef wrote: »
    yea, he's viable at 5* g11. I used him in arena for a while, great vs rebels, NS (AoE to kill stealthed acolyte) and vs zBarriss. I believe i'm not on a very difficult leaderboard, but he did the job.

Don't use him anymore?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Don't use him anymore?

switched to 2ey lead, so i benched him.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/
  • I fought one and he wiped the floor with my toons....
  • I face a 5* G11 Wampa daily. If I don’t fracture him I lose. I run CLS/R2/Talzin/Thrawn/GK. I have lost every time I don’t get a fracture on him.

Just unlocked Wampa myself and once he is 7* g12 with DOUBLE(you read that right) bayonet....oh my look out Star Wars world.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I face a 5* G11 Wampa daily. If I don’t fracture him I lose. I run CLS/R2/Talzin/Thrawn/GK. I have lost every time I don’t get a fracture on him.

Just unlocked Wampa myself and once he is 7* g12 with DOUBLE(you read that right) bayonet....oh my look out Star Wars world.

What team is that guy using alongside his wampa? I'm asking for a friend ;)
  • He runs a Rex lead with GK, Han, CLS, and Thrawn. Wampa takes lots of turns. Sometimes he subs R2 for raid han(that’s when I have the most trouble fracturing Wampa).
  • There are a bunch of teams I’d like to see him with. A Vader lead with Sidious has a lot of synergy because of the DOTs and the expose. I think he would work great in a Resistance team as well. Get a virtual taunt from R2 stealth and then counter-stun all the exposed targets.
  • I'm kinda in the same boat, about to unlock Wampa. Considering running RJT, BB8, R2, GK, Wampa. Think that could be a decent top end squad?
  • He runs a Rex lead with GK, Han, CLS, and Thrawn. Wampa takes lots of turns. Sometimes he subs R2 for raid han(that’s when I have the most trouble fracturing Wampa).
    Rex, GK, Han, CLS, Thrawn and Wampa make 6.
  • Right....had to look again....no Raid Han. He switches between thrawn and R2. Hard to beat with r2 as then I have trouble fracturing the Wampa.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Right....had to look again....no Raid Han. He switches between thrawn and R2. Hard to beat with r2 as then I have trouble fracturing the Wampa.

maybe i'll try wampa out in my 2ey team. I still think scav rey is too good to pass up with all the resistance bonusses, but it never hurts to try. You're slowly convincing me one post at the time, maybe it's better if you stop talking about wampa ^_^
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Will unlock him after this TW, looking foward to it!! Might try some Boba lead for a fiercily offensive squad.