Daring droid R2D2 event without Palpatine

Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited December 2017
https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala/collection/?f=empire

r2 t7..
how hard would it be for me? thanks
posted my empire roster above
I think i ll give a go with what i have now at 7stars. (tarkin vader rg tfp storm)
no more empire farming for the time being, except palpatine if he comes before
Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on

Replies

• any thoughts??
  • I’ve always heard Emp lead, Vader, RG, TFP, and the last usually as Thrawn or Tarkin

I haven’t beat it yet, that’s the lineup I’m going to use when it comes around again
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • If you level them all up to level 83, maybe with a bit of luck
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • No you need them leveled up and omegas
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Agree with Jovana_Milo. It will be tough, but it's possible if you make those changes.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Impossible.

You need EP as lead along with Vader, Tarkin, TFP and RG - or ST.

You need to level them up to 80+ and omega as many abilites as you can (level 7 on the rest). Prioritize EP, Vader and TFP.

Gear could be okay ... but EP would benefit from going to G10, as he is a little squishy and you need him for damage and stuns.

But most importantly: You need way better mods. Abandon all non 4 og 5 dot mods. And get better speed secondaries. Preferably +10 or more. Your toons are WAY too slow to be able to win the top tier of the event.

And friendly word of advice: If you don't succeed the next time around, abandon everything and farm Phoenix to get Thrawn. He was instrumental to me when I finally beat the last tier.
  • @Krjstoff Ouch, but I appreciate your sincere advice, Do you think even the bests of my mods won't make it? plus some omegas on vader?
  • Shabby, but put the best of my mods on R2 atm
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Do you have the credits/training droids to level your 5 empire characters to level 83.
  • Sure I do @Naraic
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Sure I do @Naraic
    Well I would guess you need to do that and move around your mods maybe some extra gear.

I've read of people doing it with with no higher than gear viii but that included Thrawn and Palpatine.
  • Not impossible. Level your guys, put some good mods on them, and you should be okay. Tarkin and Vader will do your heavy lifting, TFP will enable that lifting, and RG and ST will soak up the damage.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Guys I did it! no omega on vader just leveled my rg and stormie to level 80
    and modding was a mess but helped a lot
    crit damage triangle on tfp and vader did huge job, all potency set on tarkin helped alot too
    tfp critted for 30k doing a chunk of beating

focused down on R2, because I analyzed that most of their DPS comes from R2's burning.
    others, leia, hansolo, fbl doesn't hit hard at all.
  • So you should mod them on protection and keep low max health so you take less damage from burning
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    less gear should do it too i guess with right mods (crit damage triangle on attackers, protection on tankers, speed, potency on tarkin, defense on storm)
    tarkin g10 lead, vader g9, tfp g9, rg g8, storm g8 was my team for anyone who's looking for if they could do it without palp
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Tarkin was 177 speed, Vader 180, TFP 227, RG 152, Storm 143 for the record(+28 from tarkin lead each)

omega on all 3 tarkin active skills, all 2 tfp active skills and nothing else, no zeta
  • Thanks for sharing, I am building the exact same team as yours and I should have both RG and TFP to 7* before the end of the week. My Vader and Tarkin are already at a decent level and Stormtrooper is set as well. Good to know that this week of panic farming should pay off. Currently saving all gold, purple and omega gems to buff up my team, mostly TFP.
  • Completed Tier 7 last night with this gear:

Leader > Palpatine gX (maxed Omegas)
    Vader gXI (maxed Omegas)
    Tarking gIX
    Royal Guard gIX
    Snowtrooper gIX

Took about two hours to get it done. I'm not gonna lie, it was a pain, but I did it.

I hope other fellow gamers can do it too, it is such a joy get R2 to 7*. lol
  • Bludmetal wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, I am building the exact same team as yours and I should have both RG and TFP to 7* before the end of the week. My Vader and Tarkin are already at a decent level and Stormtrooper is set as well. Good to know that this week of panic farming should pay off. Currently saving all gold, purple and omega gems to buff up my team, mostly TFP.

mods are important more than anything
  • Completed Tier 7 last night with this gear:

Leader > Palpatine gX (maxed Omegas)
    Vader gXI (maxed Omegas)
    Tarking gIX
    Royal Guard gIX
    Snowtrooper gIX

Took about two hours to get it done. I'm not gonna lie, it was a pain, but I did it.

I hope other fellow gamers can do it too, it is such a joy get R2 to 7*. lol

I know right? Such a joy! Congrats!
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    crit damage triangle on tfp and vader did huge job, all potency set on tarkin helped alot too

focused down on R2, because I analyzed that most of their DPS comes from R2's burning.

@Anakin_Skywalker I'm assuming you are but just confirming you're referring to tier 7 here? Thanks for the advice I'll probably be building a similar squad.
  • Random9 wrote: »

@Anakin_Skywalker I'm assuming you are but just confirming you're referring to tier 7 here? Thanks for the advice I'll probably be building a similar squad.

Sure it's tier 7 @Random9