This squad any pointers please

G9 gar Saxon , g11 Vader, g10 royal guard, g9 snowtrooper, g9 tarkin. Need pointers for R2 please

Replies

• 7 Star r2 event. Getting creamed
  • All level 85 total squad power is 62k
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How are your mods? That's frequently the answer in these types of events.
  • Liath wrote: »
    How are your mods? That's frequently the answer in these types of events.

What should I focus on mod wise . Speed? Thank you for response
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, always speed. Potency as well if you're having trouble getting your debuffs to land.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Yes, always speed. Potency as well if you're having trouble getting your debuffs to land.

Thank you so much
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    try gar saxon lead, use some crit damage primary mod on attackers that hit relatively hard
    Protection primaries on tanks. keep max health low. bump up defense and protection only
  • kill r2 first
  • kill r2 first
    Thank you sir
  • Got him thanks guys
  • My squad dies really fast. I mean I can get rid 3 of them at the best, but no other round I can survive.

Both Tarkin and TFP dies too quick on R2D2's fire... I got them all gear 9 and abilities with level 7 around. Is it really important to make it more easy to win with EP? Exhausted

Killing R2 first doesnt work for me, as R2 is too quick and always under stealth
  • I have Vader, GMF, TFP, RG & Snowtrooper. I am level 78....
  • I beat it finally but had to have everyone modded out i had Vader at g 11 tarkin gar royal and snow at 10. And barely won had a culling blade to take down Chewbacca at the end . Once r2 went down it was doable but I did take out han first then Luke then leia. R2 then old Ben and chewie. Good luck mate I was constantly playing for 3 days straight and a lot is contingent on RNG although if you had a palp lead I’m sure it would be easier or if you had Vader zeta
  • In terms of getting over the hump mods all really helped me . Put your best mods in and the thing that put me over the hump was omega for garsaxon aoe. The fifteen percent damage just got me over the edge
  • Kelric wrote: »
    In terms of getting over the hump mods all really helped me . Put your best mods in and the thing that put me over the hump was omega for garsaxon aoe. The fifteen percent damage just got me over the edge

Sad to hear....then all toons must be at least gear 10 without the help of EP....then i will get R2 next time then. =(
  • good luck mate
  • Hopefully you were able to finagle him this time?

I just got through it myself tonight with a few hours to spare. Veers (L) - G8, RG - G8, Snowtrooper - G9, Vader - G9, and Tarkin G10. I put omegas on them, but no zetas. I was trying for Tarkin lead at first, but my guildmate suggested Veers and that worked. 30% offense for empire and 20 speed for troopers seems to have done the trick better than just flat speed. I omega'd his leadership and Snow's AoE (each crit reduces cooldown). I also cannibalized every mod with the highest speed on them for that team. So, they were all 170+ (Snow and Veers were over 200 with Veers' speed bonus) speed and I had to do it about ten times before RNGesus was on my side.

I would've preferred to use TFP myself, but I was still about 20 shards short of 7* for him. I was even told by my guildie "I think you're boned".

But, I'd recommend to anyone, first off get EP to 7*. If you can't get EP, make sure your TFP is 7* for this, it'll be tons easier.

Good luck, I hope you get him.
  • Got him. Congrats on getting him yourself i bet it was super fulfilling :)
  • Kelric wrote: »
    Got him. Congrats on getting him yourself i bet it was super fulfilling :)

Congratulations, glad you did. It definitely was. Especially without EP and TFP. lol.