I think it is time to retire the rancor raid!

Replies

• Oh and furthermore, leave the now to be considered early Midgame players raid alone, and figure out a useful new endgame raid to be the next challenge. By your logic regarding rancor, the tank raid both Naat and Haat are in similar places, so we might as well scrap the tank for a new raid too then

Haat is definitely not on the same boat as rancor, for multiple reasons.
  • cadwane wrote: »
    cadwane wrote: »
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.

That's not an argument, "just start a new account". If rancor wasn't end game raid then it wouldn't pay end game gear and end game currency.

Rancor won't be gone for good, it will still remain something that players need to work on

rancor gear is end game gear???
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?

Yes, I absolutely do enjoy doing that as do many others. I love that I can put my phone down and not have to sit in front of it and battle. Only mode possible to do that with now. Sometimes I get first, sometimes I get amazing gear, but I always get tokens to cash on for gear in the guild shop. Any mode where I get free stuff without much effort I’m all for as much of a time sink this game can be most of the time.

• Jamesm wrote: »

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.

That's not an argument, "just start a new account". If rancor wasn't end game raid then it wouldn't pay end game gear and end game currency.

Rancor won't be gone for good, it will still remain something that players need to work on

Yes of course is is.
    Jamesm wrote: »

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

Guild event shop gear is endgame gear not rancor gear.
  • Not even close to end game gear.

Yes, I absolutely do enjoy doing that as do many others. I love that I can put my phone down and not have to sit in front of it and battle. Only mode possible to do that with now. Sometimes I get first, sometimes I get amazing gear, but I always get tokens to cash on for gear in the guild shop. Any mode where I get free stuff without much effort I’m all for as much of a time sink this game can be most of the time.

Might as well sim it then

Might as well sim it then

Ok, sounds good to me.

• IC3M4N wrote: »
    OP is literally the only person who has posted here who likes this idea.

Well it is a bad idea, hats off to him for standing his ground though.. I guess?

Ok, props to OP for giving his reasoning for his opinion, seriously, most people just post an idea and then don’t have the gumption to come back and argue their point. Hats off to OP.

I still don’t like the idea. I do enjoy seeing someone post in one of our guilds that they solo’d rancor for the first time. It’s an awesome feeling, I remember when I first did it. It is a step that all new players need, and EA/CG needs new players to keep filtering in.

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

Not even close to end game gear.

You guys are basically acting like lawyers at a court. Willing to twist reality. Obviously raid gear will always be end game gear cause you need it to get past a certain level. Even if you somehow had every single character to gear 11 you still need pieces from rancor to get to 12 and every time a new toon comes to the game you still have tp through all 11 levels. Your denial is really insane

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

You guys are basically acting like lawyers at a court. Willing to twist reality. Obviously raid gear will always be end game gear cause you need it to get past a certain level. Even if you somehow had every single character to gear 11 you still need pieces from rancor to get to 12 and every time a new toon comes to the game you still have tp through all 11 levels. Your denial is really insane

All you guys, not OP, I'm not going insane This guy is making no sense at all right?
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    OP is literally the only person who has posted here who likes this idea.

Well it is a bad idea, hats off to him for standing his ground though.. I guess?

Ok, props to OP for giving his reasoning for his opinion, seriously, most people just post an idea and then don’t have the gumption to come back and argue their point. Hats off to OP.

I still don’t like the idea. I do enjoy seeing someone post in one of our guilds that they solo’d rancor for the first time. It’s an awesome feeling, I remember when I first did it. It is a step that all new players need, and EA/CG needs new players to keep filtering in.

And the same excitement and sense of accomplishment would take place when you solo the new raid. And on top of that rancor isn't gonna go away. It will simply become less often for the new raid to take it's place.

It's about diversifying raids and making then more interesting. Does it really make sense to have the same 2 raids for ever?

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

All you guys, not OP, I'm not going insane This guy is making no sense at all right?

You're not insane.

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

You do realize that your point while being defended admirably by you, is just wrecked by your own comment here that you still need rancor gear. . . Hence why everyone has do said CLEARLY that it is pointless to change the rancor raid around.

Now, add a new raid, sure why not. But take away the rancor, makes literally ZERO SENSE

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

How is raid exclusive gear not end game? You never run out of gear in this game

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

You do realize that your point while being defended admirably by you, is just wrecked by your own comment here that you still need rancor gear. . . Hence why everyone has do said CLEARLY that it is pointless to change the rancor raid around.

Now, add a new raid, sure why not. But take away the rancor, makes literally ZERO SENSE

Which is why I explained that the new raid would reward the exact same gear
  • To me, pit is just like another one of our dailies, it’s just an every-other daily. I don’t mind it. Another reason to play the game and not pay attention to my job.
    To me, pit is just like another one of our dailies, it’s just an every-other daily. I don’t mind it. Another reason to play the game and not pay attention to my job.

And then how is a new raid a bad thing?
  • No, if we go by your definition, ALL gear is end game gear cause we need all gear to get to g12
    To me, pit is just like another one of our dailies, it’s just an every-other daily. I don’t mind it. Another reason to play the game and not pay attention to my job.

A new raid is fine but not as a replacement for rancor running every few days.

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

I seriously doubt the devs of the game will put time and money into creating a new raid that only gives the same gear and rewards.
  • So according to all of you we should never get a new raid but instead stick to the same 2 raids as we have now for as long as this game exists?

And all that so that people who are starting the game 2 years after launch don't have to do rancor once a month and have a new raid instead?
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Getting rid of Rancor would be a terrible idea.
    It’s free gear whether you solo or not.
    And is a vital step in a new players progress to unlock han and start gearing toons.

Maybe you should calm down and wait for an additional and extremely difficult raid to come along.
    You aren’t the only person that plays the game. So if you hate Rancor, don’t partake of it.
    Or just zero tap it over and over again.
    No one is forcing you to raid on a regular basis.

This game is evolving to fit the needs of those of us that have played a while, and those that haven’t. They need to expand, not cut out material.
    There will come another and more difficult raid

#threadFAIL
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

Guild have tp through all 11 levels. Your denial is really insane

You'

Yes of course is is.

No Its not

Yes of course is is.

IF you are rewarding the SAME GEAR as the rancor raid, it is POINTLESS to change anything.

New raid, new rewards, new gear etc, by all means. But to change a LOW LEVEL raid and into another LOW LEVEL raid is the height of silliness , and furthermore, to replace the rancor with a HARDER raid with the SAME gear is also , well, off. Not to mention that that would be ABSOLUTLY ignorant towards newer and new players. I would suggest rethinking your position a little.
    So according to all of you we should never get a new raid but instead stick to the same 2 raids as we have now for as long as this game exists?

And all that so that people who are starting the game 2 years after launch don't have to do rancor once a month and have a new raid instead?

No one is saying that. Were saying, add new raids all day, but you have to leave rancor as is.

Territory Battles and War are our new content. New raid isn’t needed, as of right now. Maybe we could go with a tier 8 rancor and haat.
    So according to all of you we should never get a new raid but instead stick to the same 2 raids as we have now for as long as this game exists?

I actually agree with you on this. I poorly defined end game gear. There is no end gam gear in this game. All gear is useful, there is just rear and common gear and rancor gear falls in the rare. Therefore always needed, making impossible to skip it

Not a single person has said they never want a new raid.

What you're suggesting though is a step sideways, not a step forward.

That in itself makes it a waste of time and effort for developers and players.
  • Literally no one has said a new raid is a bad idea. I'm starting to think english isn't OP's first language?