Do you enjoy DS TB?

Prev1345
Zenflow
79 posts Member
edited December 2017
So there's been a ton of great debate that Ive seen on this forum, and it seems there are just as many who hate this update as those who enjoy it.

Me personally, I think this DS TB is garbage fire. Some of the most frustrating, unenjoyable content in the game thus far. Actually, we dont have one person in our 50/50 guild who did. So, just out of curiosity - lets see what the percentage looks like.

A challenge is one thing, this.. is straight up pathetic. Our guild still hasnt completed HAAT, but you know what - not one of us complains about that. THAT, is an acceptable challenge where the requirements are laid out with crystal clarity. This, this is not a challenge - its a money grabbing disgrace.

Do you enjoy DS TB? 298 votes

I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
18%
Ipoopsy2JohnnySteelAlphaKhorvog_KarbossaHK666GwonkDal_ZubaBoba_The_FettergsethNikoms565TheRevJCredMajoreMikeMolSadikDarth_cowboyLithalanWaquiBjpac04Adoy_IdeJMinowarabanjo1071Bulldog1205 55 votes
DS TB is okay
8%
BlckSn8keJediMasterGibsDooku_for_daysEventineElessedilVinny_Vader_VedileefMaegorMr_SausagePseudotRebel_yellKheikkProximaB1_FieldLTekkarEdorfFürkészNShwekyJ7LukeAenorifotrovinaott0bot 25 votes
DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
25%
DarthSootieDarthWestly1Zombie961Ravens1113SpadeFreemanDevinSackfieldJetlifeAycee1jedikilla84jjkrivNicWesterNaFakChaDro1dm0deMrGripsGreenGoblin96Indominable_JPuddis95MzeeZotohZolaz 77 votes
I do not enjoy DS TB
28%
ZtyleDraw4wildPotatoManmelvinator_45GoobersmackRange1974FockdJohn13JPBrunelGaloopaZeuschild35Hynes81Revan202SoillaTheGrouchOutOfOrderElectricboaThe_DudegpeeeeDgreaserSki 84 votes
I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
19%
LAoneStarSonwarmonkeySilver_Radd_SurferCWOJedisixGankakMhmacleodLevlRavenlockRawneKarrdeUltimateSeaDogMan_UelDarthpedroJacenRoeAcrofalesN1c0Chronoross83AceNightwingHalcyon29ReVenGe_in_MiNd 57 votes
Post edited by Zenflow on

Replies

• DS TB needs work, but they are heading in the right direction
    I enjoy it well-enough. My teams aren't good enough, I need better mods. But otherwise I do alright. My guild is going to get 18 stars--MAYBE 19, but I doubt it--which is more than we get in light side, even accounting for the extra territory added for dark side. So while it's certainly harder than light side, we seem to do better (although we don't finish anywhere near as many Special Missions....)

I didn't vote because I'm not really a fan of the options you provided. As I said, I like it well-enough so I want to pick the first one, but I also think there's room for improvement because everything in this game can be improved upon... Nothing's a totally finished product, and they'll tell you that, too--every part of every game is continually refined and tweaked as the game progresses and more data and feedback are acquired.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Zenflow
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    I enjoy it well-enough. My teams aren't good enough, I need better mods. But otherwise I do alright. My guild is going to get 18 stars--MAYBE 19, but I doubt it--which is more than we get in light side, even accounting for the extra territory added for dark side. So while it's certainly harder than light side, we seem to do better (although we don't finish anywhere near as many Special Missions....)

I didn't vote because I'm not really a fan of the options you provided. As I said, I like it well-enough so I want to pick the first one, but I also think there's room for improvement because everything in this game can be improved upon... Nothing's a totally finished product, and they'll tell you that, too--every part of every game is continually refined and tweaked as the game progresses and more data and feedback are acquired.

Whole heartedly agree that everything is a work in progress, the devs during interviews have said as much by admitting the SW universe is a living and breathing thing that changes based upon what people say. My issue is, people were pretty upset last time. The feedback was taken into account, and mostly ignored. No change to platoons, no change to balance of difficulty between LS/DS, no fix for many of the bugs (such as zader dots/fracture getting cleansed).

I did try to give a fair scale for voting sake, would it be better if option two were - enjoyed it but I have found aspects that need improvement?

Edit: nvm, seems I cant change the questions now that its posted
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I only do it for the guild. No joy in it as compared to the LS version. Platoons today required 12 DKs... the special fights require AOE toons where the enemy counterattacks. I have 2.5 GP but barely clear wave 3 in many cases. Tomorrow, I expect to not even finish wave 3.
    I'd say it's about 30/70 good/bad. While I genuinely do enjoy the chance to use my Empire teams, the Rebels you face are just so annoying! Why does a Rebel Pilot have a team-cleanse? Why do so many of them look the same? Why do some of them have counters with Daze on their autos?

Not to mention the insane platoon requirements! If my guild wanted to get both of the current platoon missions, we'd need 14 Shoretroopers! Do you have any idea how ridiculously hard it is to get a Shoretrooper? It took me the best part of a year to get mine to 7*!

It's an improvement over the last time around, but holy hell does it still have a truck-load of problems.
    I really enjoy it in theory, and dropping difficulty helped a lot. Was nice to be able to go 4/4 with my g11 teams on the first few phases. Some missions are just still stupid hard, aka probe droid, bounty hunter anything. And platoons just make me mad that they're intentionally moving back the bar every time to make them unattainable.

I want it to be totally positive, but unless devs have a change of focus, I don't ever see that happening. Which is sad cuz I genuinely love every other part of the game.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I can’t be positive when g6/g7 and level 70 rebels do as much damage and clear as many waves as g10/g11 level 85 Empire toons. Makes no sense. Then platoons needing Imperal troopers when a special mission calls for imperial troopers.
  • AldaisKaroth
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It’s still so overtuned that I get less than 0 enjoyment from it. My best team (G12 Zader, G11 Thrawn, Tarkin, TFP, G10 Palp) couldn’t make it through P4, Wave 4, despite having some beefy mods. It’s getting to be a joke how overly difficult and unpleasant it is.
    Post edited by AldaisKaroth on
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    DS TB is okay
    The difficulty doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that paywall toons/ships appear in platoons 1-4 of every territory. It also bothers me that Wampa will start being in platoons soon. Basically, all of my frustration with both DS and LS TB can be tied to platoons.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I do not enjoy DS TB
    Platoons ruin the experience for me, never liked it and with the constant p2p moving goal, I actually starting to hate it, both DS and LS
    As I don't feel any sense of pride and accomplishment, with paying for a toon, just to stick it in a platoon, oddly enough I like to play with my new toon, go figure
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
    I like doing the battles more than LS, however it is insanely hard as they have way to much good stuff, full heals, countering tank that shoots out daze, insane meter gain, etc. if they fixed that along with platoons it'd easily be my favorite game modd
  • I would rather stick my kitten in a wood chipper than play DS TB as is again.
    I'd say it's about 30/70 good/bad. While I genuinely do enjoy the chance to use my Empire teams, the Rebels you face are just so annoying! Why does a Rebel Pilot have a team-cleanse? Why do so many of them look the same? Why do some of them have counters with Daze on their autos?

Not to mention the insane platoon requirements! If my guild wanted to get both of the current platoon missions, we'd need 14 Shoretroopers! Do you have any idea how ridiculously hard it is to get a Shoretrooper? It took me the best part of a year to get mine to 7*!

It's an improvement over the last time around, but holy hell does it still have a truck-load of problems.

Thus far, I think this is the perspective that sums it up best for me. Its not solely the difficulty, nor platoons, nor imbalance between LS/DS - but a culmination of all of those issues. DSTB platoon abilities, even if you're able to get them - are dismal at best, Id rather use my characters special 90% of the time. I agree very strongly that having the DSTB, was a fantastic idea and they're heading in the right direction - but... if they arent willing to listen to the overwhelming mass of players about certain aspects, I see fewer and fewer people even wanting to bother with it. Even on the fights I do finish, I can't say I enjoyed them whatsoever.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I agree with the posters above. I do enjoy getting to use my empire and sith, but the platoons and the insane difficulty of the bounty hunters missions(whoever thought of BH as a TB faction should be punished) totally ruin it for me.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    It’s overly frustrating. The Platoons are bad, difficulty is bad, aoe damage from straffing run is insane, farming Starick is slow af, etc...
    Light side toons do good damage with lesser debuffs. Most ds toons have lower damage but strong, aoe debuffs. Multiple enemy types have team cleanses AND, since platoons requirements are a joke, have a chance to cleanse for free.

You stick a debuff on one toon and its gone like it never happened, turning into huge health or tm gain for their whole team. Fun fun fun. Screw that, seriously.
    Zenflow wrote: »
    Edit: nvm, seems I cant change the questions now that its posted
    No worries, you did the best you could with making the options! It's really hard to make a good poll.

But, yeah, all things considered I like Light Side Territory Battles better (because my Light teams are better so even though we get the same rewards, I feel like I'm accomplishing more since I go 6/6 in most Combat Missions and Special Missions are easier) but there's nothing I inherently dislike about Dark Side Territory Battles except that it's punishing me for not investing in Dark Side characters as much.

On the other hand, it rewards me for each investment I've put into my Dark characters since then, so it gives me room to grow and I think I'll appreciate the next one more than this one, because I should be able to tangibly measure how much growth I've had.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    I have fun with them. Need more toon diversity, but its ok. Always room for improvement.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I went ahead and beefed up my Trooper and Sith squad for the current DS TB. Unsurprisingly, key characters of those squads were needed in large numbers to fill platoons. That was enough to completely neuter my squads, either due to the tuning or lack of depth on the DS roster. Bounty Hunter SMs are a cruel joke.
  • I enjoy DS TB thoroughly
    So far completed 4/4 mission so I enjoy it, and I like that empire toons are not that straight forward as ls pew pew toons
    After having us spend months and months focusing on Light Side characters, they bring this out and make it even more difficult than the LS version. It makes no sense at all. Also, having 2 nodes dedicated only to bounty hunters, which they have given us ZERO reason to star/gear/level up to this point, was just plain dumb on their part. If those nodes were Empire or First Order, which we needed for the R2 and BB8 events, it would be understandable. But Bounty Hunters? A bunch of toons who haven't had reworks since before mods released? Their kits are trash because they are still adjusted for pre-mods level 70 cap. And the only one who's gotten a rework is Boba. He has a zeta and a ship. All the others are literally used for NOTHING in the game. Sure, one could argue they are used for credit heist. But we've had to farm 4 different Hans for events as well as Lando (for Palp). Why would we waste time on the bounty hunters if we already had a team we had to farm ready to go?

Also, requiring Veers lead for a node and then all the troopers who work so well with him for platoons was just stupid. Another reason that DS TB is just bad and not well thought out. They need to take it back to the drawing board and wait until we've actually had good reason to farm several dark side toons to bring it back.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    After having us spend months and months focusing on Light Side characters, they bring this out and make it even more difficult than the LS version. It makes no sense at all. Also, having 2 nodes dedicated only to bounty hunters, which they have given us ZERO reason to star/gear/level up to this point, was just plain dumb on their part. If those nodes were Empire or First Order, which we needed for the R2 and BB8 events, it would be understandable. But Bounty Hunters? A bunch of toons who haven't had reworks since before mods released? Their kits are trash because they are still adjusted for pre-mods level 70 cap. And the only one who's gotten a rework is Boba. He has a zeta and a ship. All the others are literally used for NOTHING in the game. Sure, one could argue they are used for credit heist. But we've had to farm 4 different Hans for events as well as Lando (for Palp). Why would we waste time on the bounty hunters if we already had a team we had to farm ready to go?

Also, requiring Veers lead for a node and then all the troopers who work so well with him for platoons was just ****. Another reason that DS TB is just bad and not well thought out. They need to take it back to the drawing board and wait until we've actually had good reason to farm several dark side toons to bring it back.

I am no fan of DS TB but you seem to have this backwards. Requiring characters that you previously had no reason to work on isn't dumb of them, it's their SOP. They don't want you to already have the factions you need because they gain nothing from that. They gain by forcing you to work on the ones you thought you'd be able to neglect forever.

Now the fact that BH is just a terrible faction that can barely even be expected to complete their own missions is something that should most certainly be addressed.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I both like and think some aspects of Territory Battles are a frustrating.
    Below, i will give some examples (purely my opinion) as to what is well done and what is utter trash from a player's standpoint

1.) The Good:
    - to a certain degree, i do enjoy finally having a playground for all the chars i've gathered and geared but which aren't used much in other parts of the game, mainly speaking of arena here where only a handful of teams is competitive (i my personal arena rank range) - clones, imperial troopers, zMaul, Jedi.

- the challenge is there, and it's increasing with every phase. if there was no challenge, and goals to work towards to, it would take away some of the fun playing TB. The enemy units are well designed and one has to think before going in guns blazing or it won't end well - HOWEVER - rebel squads in the DS TB have way too many abilities and opportunities to get rid of debuffs while adding tons of foresight/stealth/selfhealing. LS was okay, you had the annoying SnowOps who went into stealth, but in DS there's like 2/3 of the enemy squad concealed which is imo a poor choice of unit design.

- having a reason to work on one's dark side characters apart from chasing only the most potent ones (Thrawn) for arena squads and/or hAAT feels somehow comfortable while doing so. everyone wants to play the baddies at times and this is the opportunity to do so.

2.) The Bad:
    - some players were caught off-guard with DS TB released so quickly without any clear indication beforehand. weak chars to start off with and thus little chances of success in half of the phases with a prognosis of several months of needed improvement (at an average pace) cause lackluster.

- we have LS, DS and TWar now which alternate without giving guilds the choice which one to choose. the idea of DS being the hardmode version was good, but guilds should have the opportunity to gather their strength with some gear shipments bought from rewards of LS TB. DS right now feels like your parent pushes you into the pool saying "now swim" without having taught you how to do so - many players drawn in DS difficulty and squad requirenments.
    my understanding is that this cadence is to stall players' progression and force them to buy packs and shipments with real money, but it's a cheap trick. personally, i dont respect someone who tries to trick me to lose my hard earned cash to something under value. so CG wont get a penny from me for overpriced mobile game content - i guess there are other players with a similar mindset out there.

- chimera as fleet commander requirenment and a 7* capital ship in phase 6 of DS TB is a kick at the players who dont have either. how does it feel when you program a game part that a big part of the playerbase cant play? that's right, like an empty room during a party with a few people here and there.

- bounty hunters: with only so few of them plus no adjustment to the current synergy-driven game state beforehand releasing DS TB shows again how rushed the whole project was. heck, the 5 bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back arent even all accounted for ingame! where is bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss?

- the relation *ship platoon requirenments - available DS ships ingame* is again a lackluster for the most part, aimed at a guild where everyone has mostly every darkside ship with g10 or better pilot. catering to players with either dispensable income or more-money-than-sense or both. They say if once a day you find at least one dumb person, you've won the day. congratulations apparently !

3.) The Trash
    - flight squadrons and platoons are overall an utter atrocity. too many units, too many windows to handle and unit counting. it could all have been designed simpler, with less platoons and/or units with a better overview for the player.
    personally i find platoons are just garbage game design and a weak attempt to fuel players' motivation to get additional ships.

- platoon star count requirenments again are a bottleneck for weaker and newer guilds, undoubtedly for the majority of the playerbase per my estimation. in harder phases not being able to platoon properly means squads will get wiped in combat which takes the fun out of battling quite much, to the extent that later TB phases are just a waste of time, like 2-3 days of a worthless TB running until payout.

- phases 5 and 6 are aimed towards guilds with exceptionally strong rosters. those players already have most likely the most powerful chars and gear levels and getting those additional boni during payout kinda beats the purpose of them playing for something they already have plenty of.

- platoons themselves are a part of the game that is utterly annoying to deal with as guild officers and regular players. not because they dont have the required units, but because platoon windows look like looking at a garbage can - too many units pre platoon, an utter mess, a bit of everything and when you put stuff in, it stinks even more because you cant use the units in actual battles. most horrible aspect of the whole game so far.

Weltall wrote: »
    I both like and think some aspects of Territory Battles are a frustrating.
    Below, i will give some examples (purely my opinion) as to what is well done and what is utter trash from a player's standpoint

1.) The Good:
    - to a certain degree, i do enjoy finally having a playground for all the chars i've gathered and geared but which aren't used much in other parts of the game, mainly speaking of arena here where only a handful of teams is competitive (i my personal arena rank range) - clones, imperial troopers, zMaul, Jedi.

- the challenge is there, and it's increasing with every phase. if there was no challenge, and goals to work towards to, it would take away some of the fun playing TB. The enemy units are well designed and one has to think before going in guns blazing or it won't end well - HOWEVER - rebel squads in the DS TB have way too many abilities and opportunities to get rid of debuffs while adding tons of foresight/stealth/selfhealing. LS was okay, you had the annoying SnowOps who went into stealth, but in DS there's like 2/3 of the enemy squad concealed which is imo a poor choice of unit design.

- having a reason to work on one's dark side characters apart from chasing only the most potent ones (Thrawn) for arena squads and/or hAAT feels somehow comfortable while doing so. everyone wants to play the baddies at times and this is the opportunity to do so.

2.) The Bad:
    - some players were caught off-guard with DS TB released so quickly without any clear indication beforehand. weak chars to start off with and thus little chances of success in half of the phases with a prognosis of several months of needed improvement (at an average pace) cause lackluster.

- we have LS, DS and TWar now which alternate without giving guilds the choice which one to choose. the idea of DS being the hardmode version was good, but guilds should have the opportunity to gather their strength with some gear shipments bought from rewards of LS TB. DS right now feels like your parent pushes you into the pool saying "now swim" without having taught you how to do so - many players drawn in DS difficulty and squad requirenments.
    my understanding is that this cadence is to stall players' progression and force them to buy packs and shipments with real money, but it's a cheap trick. personally, i dont respect someone who tries to trick me to lose my hard earned cash to something under value. so CG wont get a penny from me for overpriced mobile game content - i guess there are other players with a similar mindset out there.

- chimera as fleet commander requirenment and a 7* capital ship in phase 6 of DS TB is a kick at the players who dont have either. how does it feel when you program a game part that a big part of the playerbase cant play? that's right, like an empty room during a party with a few people here and there.

- bounty hunters: with only so few of them plus no adjustment to the current synergy-driven game state beforehand releasing DS TB shows again how rushed the whole project was. heck, the 5 bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back arent even all accounted for ingame! where is bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss?

- the relation *ship platoon requirenments - available DS ships ingame* is again a lackluster for the most part, aimed at a guild where everyone has mostly every darkside ship with g10 or better pilot. catering to players with either dispensable income or more-money-than-sense or both. They say if once a day you find at least one dumb person, you've won the day. congratulations apparently !

3.) The Trash
    - flight squadrons and platoons are overall an utter atrocity. too many units, too many windows to handle and unit counting. it could all have been designed simpler, with less platoons and/or units with a better overview for the player.
    personally i find platoons are just garbage game design and a weak attempt to fuel players' motivation to get additional ships.

- platoon star count requirenments again are a bottleneck for weaker and newer guilds, undoubtedly for the majority of the playerbase per my estimation. in harder phases not being able to platoon properly means squads will get wiped in combat which takes the fun out of battling quite much, to the extent that later TB phases are just a waste of time, like 2-3 days of a worthless TB running until payout.

- phases 5 and 6 are aimed towards guilds with exceptionally strong rosters. those players already have most likely the most powerful chars and gear levels and getting those additional boni during payout kinda beats the purpose of them playing for something they already have plenty of.

- platoons themselves are a part of the game that is utterly annoying to deal with as guild officers and regular players. not because they dont have the required units, but because platoon windows look like looking at a garbage can - too many units pre platoon, an utter mess, a bit of everything and when you put stuff in, it stinks even more because you cant use the units in actual battles. most horrible aspect of the whole game so far.

Very well written, good sir.

I have to say though, my primary frustration has gone by misunderstood in every thread Ive started. I get CG loves rebels, I get that at the end of the day - good guys win - blah blah blah. I still focus DS, despite knowing this.

I am a DS player, through and through. I have a DK/DT/ShT, zthrawn, zvader, yada yada - all of the said difficult farms of DS that people are saying you need for DS TB. Guess who I don't have? Baze, chirrut, Rolo, CLS, GK, Wedge, Biggs, ANY resistance or Rogue one characters. And Im okay with that, because its my preference. Hell, I don't even really want them - I find them boring & monotone.

What I thoroughly dislike, and has become increasingly apparent - is they really give me no good reason to continue focusing on those characters. Yes, I get it. I cant complete certain aspects - so I should just keep focusing on those teams, -right-?

Wrong. At least, from an intelligent standpoint - there is currently no reason to do so.

Lets look at the math on this really quick, and just use PHASE ONE as an example, and disregard the rest.

I listed a 35k team of rebels that folks didn't believe were capable of auto fighting through the first phase in lS/tb. I am certainly going to be posting a video to prove the point next lstb, though.

Dark side, avg reports and through my own experience - p1 is capable of being finished by an AVERAGE ds team ( discluding p2w NS) was about 70k, with good mods and gear 9-10

So, 5 characters, my avg star count on them was about 5-6 each. Idk if someone has a formula based on how long it takes to star up each character, but lets say just for the sake of the conversation - a week per star level. Probably a little excessive, but should match closely to a f2p player. So off the jump before even getting into gear & mods - we're about 5 weeks difference of grinding for comparable results.

Now lets factor gear and mods into that. Mods, you may not necessarily have to grind for if you have them laying around on an arena team, but you will have to swap them around in a system that even Devs admit is antiquated. So, avg gear level was 7 on LS counter parts. DS gear requirements, about 10.

Lets say, and we all know it can be longer depending on equipment list; one week per character per gear level.

That is a 15 WEEK difference, just in gear. So now, we are at 20 weeks difference to achieve almost entirely similar awards. Those saying we should be excited for that extra 100 crystals, or extra 3 stars... really? Does 20 weeks additional grinding sound "worth it" to you?

As Ive said already on other threads, Light Side already has Raids, Arena, and LSTB going for it - and you expect your DS players to be happy with this garbage? Get a clue CG, before you lose that half of your player base for good. Then, it'll be even more monotone. Chaze/CLS/GK/JTR will be the only viable teams, for anything and you will have exactly what you asked for - rebels paradise. With no dark side enemies left to face.
    One last thing; please continue to vote - whether you feel negatively or positively about DS TB I think this is an important way to convey our feelings to CG/Mods/Devs

Right now we're at 17 for kitten in a woodchipper - y'all paying attention yet cg?
    Something DSTB has also brought to light is the huge disparity in character pools between LS and DS. Most people could make 2-3 TB-ready squads from their Rebels alone, but very few people can make enough DS teams to attempt all of the battles. There's so much crossover between the DS teams with the characters they need. Several vital Empire characters are Troopers, so you can't use them in a regular team if there's a Trooper battle.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    I'm sure everyone has laid out some very thoughtful points here, but I'll just say my opinion on the matter.

I don't enjoy it because the layout was wearing thin with LSTB, and with the addition of basically the exact same content, it has now thoroughly worn out its welcome with me.

In addition to that, it's way too difficult with a smaller, less powerful character pool to boot.

Speaking of a smaller character pool, why must all the viable characters be in platoons? Krennic, Shoretrooper, the Nightsisters, TFP, and many other staples in many Dark Side line-ups. What are we supposed to do? Complete these overwhelmingly difficult combat missions (of which there are usually 3 or 4 or so) with the worst of the worst?

We used to have officers calling out platoons, calling out territories, making posts about strategies in the early days... But with the addition of DSTB, many have lost the will to even bother selecting which territory to focus in.

I have a GP of over 2 million and this reminds me of what it felt like to just tag in on a raid because I couldn't hold my own, and just hope for whatever rewards I get from it. The only difference is back then I had a large host of options for improving....

I have a GP of over 2 million and this reminds me of what it felt like to just tag in on a raid because I couldn't hold my own, and just hope for whatever rewards I get from it. The only difference is back then I had a large host of options for improving....

THIS. 1000x, THIS.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    Something DSTB has also brought to light is the huge disparity in character pools between LS and DS. Most people could make 2-3 TB-ready squads from their Rebels alone, but very few people can make enough DS teams to attempt all of the battles. There's so much crossover between the DS teams with the characters they need. Several vital Empire characters are Troopers, so you can't use them in a regular team if there's a Trooper battle.

There's again the problem with the platoon garbage apparent...
    many players dont have enough full squads to play all battles. add platoons to that and the player is put to choose between

a) platoon and have no characters to do battles.

b) attempt unplatooned battles and get annihilated by stealthed, dodging and healing Rebel Super-Soldiers.

as i said, phase 4-6 skeleton crew game mode for several months to come, if players bother with darkside TB at all, that is.

Just for reference:

Light Side Teams = classic Wiggs+Lando+STHan, Phönix, R1, Jedi, Clones, Ewoks, Jawas, CLS+ANH Rebels;

Republic ships, Rebel Ships, 2 capital ships *accessible*

Dark Side Teams = Empire, Sith, FOrder, Bountyhunters (mediocre VS. presented Rebel opponents), NSisters (of which Talzin, Zombie+Ghost arent even accessible in a decent manner);

Executrix (likely 7* inacessible with current 1x/month event for quite a while, even with refreshes), Chimera locked if one wasnt running rebel ships or bothering with **** cartoon character squad, TIE ships, Vader, Fett, rest is inaccessible in a reasonable manner.

Darkside less teams or accessible ones in a reasonable timeframe to justify the difficulty and amount of platoons+ even amounts of battles to complete. Platoons = trash.
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    ah yes, i forgot LS has also resistance, add another team
  • I do not enjoy DS TB
    just looking at the mess the character packs in the store are, add that as another complaint.
    certainly am i not buying char or ship packs where i need only certain faction-based units while the rest is useless garbage for the shardshop. back then when we played customizable card games, we at least could trade surplus cards with each other, here ingame it goes with surplus units just to what they are=garbage can fillers.