edited December 2017
Hey guys,
My EP is just at 6 stars. Below is my line-up with the empire:

Vader - Gear9
RG - Gear 9
GMT - Gear 9
TFP - Gear9
Snowtrooper - Gear 9

Just a problem with their abilities not to be maxed out....What is my strategy on tier 7 and will there be a possibility to clear this tier with the squad?

If the level 3 skill material is limited, who the one should I level up with their abilities first?

Remarks: I am level 77. Thanks

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    RG unique to lv7 RG basic to level 5 (stun chance) RG special is not much useful. level 3

Tarkin Needs basic omega, otherwise his usage is very limited. 2nd special (debuff) to level 7 basic to level 7, AOE special is almost useless before basic omega, so level 3.
    Leadership and unique level 7

Vader all level 7 except for leadership. Takin lead is better.

Snow all level 7

TFP all level 7
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I can’t imagine doing this without Palp, but it could be feasible if you at least have Thrawn, imo
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • @Fauztin
    It was doable without thrawn or palpatine
    Tarkin Vader TFP RG Storm
  • Vader’s leader ability is not effective as TM removal is negated. Tarkin lead is probably better, but you need him geared up with as much potency mods as you can throw on him. Omega his basic and ultimate firepower. Only do basic attack for several turns. Then his potency stacks will make Ultimate Firepower drop half the team or at least bring them to the danger zone. Focus on Han first, then Leia and R2. Luke, Chewie, and OB aren’t too much to worry about.
  • @Anakin_Skywalker , I respect that you were able to accomplish it with that team. Personally for myself, I don't have those other characters as geared up as I should, and I ran into way too many problems with the enemy team being immune to TMR. The team I used was:

Palp L (G11)
    vader (G10)
    thrawn (G9)
    RG (G8)
    tarkin (G8)

No zetas, most all omegas.
  • @Fauztin did you eventually do it or still struggling?When I got my 7*R2, only the two tanks died. tarkin g10 tfp g9 vader g9 rg g8 storm g8. I have wrote a thread of myself doing it, did mythic tier 1 too. I could link it for you if you want. My empire team is becoming more promising as I have geared up TFP to g10 since, clearing mythic with 2*.
  • @Anakin_Skywalker , I struggled a lot before I unlocked Thrawn 7* the last time he came around. Once R2 started this week, it was a breeze with him on my team, and easily beat tier 1 and 2 of the mythic event.

I like the way you broke down the strategy you used in that thread, it certainly opens up the event to use a viable team without needing the legendary unlocks.
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would not use Vader lead with this squad. Mainly because tm reduction is useless in this event, and Vader is only one that is applying dots. I would run tarkin lead. This squad will rely a bit on rng hoping they focus RG. With all those attackers. As long as you can survive first chewy taunt. You should be able to obliterate their squishies (Han, Leia, Luke). Though I will add that your squad has decent AOE. So if you can focus R2D2 and take attacker’s out with AOE that would be ideal. palpatine is definitely extremely useful, but I don’t think necessary.

I would make sure tarkin has omega basic and AOE special. Royal guard should have best debuff chance on basic. Vader would be optimal with omega special. TFP should have as much into unique as you can give him and preferably lvl 7 special. Snowtrooper should have omega special. Definitely doable. Will require some Good mods though. Probably speed/ tenacity or potency on tarkin. Health/potency on RG. Vader potency/health. TFP Crit Chance/Crit Damage w/speed. Snowtrooper speed/Crit Chance. Those are just suggestions. Good luck on event
  • BTBAMthony wrote: »
    I would not use Vader lead with this squad. Mainly because tm reduction is useless in this event, and Vader is only one that is applying dots. I would run tarkin lead. This squad will rely a bit on rng hoping they focus RG. With all those attackers. As long as you can survive first chewy taunt. You should be able to obliterate their squishies (Han, Leia, Luke). Though I will add that your squad has decent AOE. So if you can focus R2D2 and take attacker’s out with AOE that would be ideal. palpatine is definitely extremely useful, but I don’t think necessary.

I would make sure tarkin has omega basic and AOE special. Royal guard should have best debuff chance on basic. Vader would be optimal with omega special. TFP should have as much into unique as you can give him and preferably lvl 7 special. Snowtrooper should have omega special. Definitely doable. Will require some Good mods though. Probably speed/ tenacity or potency on tarkin. Health/potency on RG. Vader potency/health. TFP Crit Chance/Crit Damage w/speed. Snowtrooper speed/Crit Chance. Those are just suggestions. Good luck on event

Love your comment so much, however the abilities on them are just level 5 to 6....lacking of ability material T^T...
    I will give up this time and wait for palatine to come back.

Besides, will gear 9 on all toons with palatine is a guaranteed to this event? Thanks
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Vaderrr wrote: »
    BTBAMthony wrote: »

Love your comment so much, however the abilities on them are just level 5 to 6....lacking of ability material T^T...

Besides, will gear 9 on all toons with palatine is a guaranteed to this event? Thanks
    Gear 8 should do. palpatine is easy
    however i suggest you try your best to get r2 this time otherwise you lose a good chance of getting cls 4 days later

If you are way far off from 7* Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, and Stormtrooper Han, if you are not even close to getting them all to 7 stars in the next 2 weeks, well then you are good to forego R2 this time. No biggie.
  • Vaderrr wrote: »

however i suggest you try your best to get r2 this time otherwise you lose a good chance of getting cls 4 days later

If you are way far off from 7* Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, and Stormtrooper Han, if you are not even close to getting them all to 7 stars in the next 2 weeks, well then you are good to forego R2 this time. No biggie.

Thanks for the advice. I am currently only a little away from CLS event, I got 6 star r2d2 and Luke Farmboy but it will be ready by the time if R2D2 is succeeded. However, lacking of ability material to get my skills level up for the empire toons make me exhausted. I try with the current squad, and at the best I can only get rid of Han and Luke out of 6 in the team. I will see how the material pack will come in a few days....if I can get 50 material a day, I might get a go for R2D2 this time...I am not so sure...

I am quite near to the CLS event, except for 6 star R2D2 and Luke farm boy. They are all gear 9 as well. However lacking of ability material makes me exhausted. With the current empire squad, I can only get rid of Han and Luke at my best, my rest of squad are in red blood so they cant withstand anymore. I will see how the ability material pack will come in a few days, if I can get like 50s a day, I will get a few tries again for R2D2. I am not so sure...
  • Try kill r2 first, trust me.
    if you kill r2, you won it.
    if you cant kill it, you lose. others are next to nothing
  • Try kill r2 first, trust me.
    if you kill r2, you won it.
    if you cant kill it, you lose. others are next to nothing

Thx dude I will try
  • I beat it if i focus on r2 and have good rng, but i have no chance when i start targeting around sidekicks
  • I did it with Tarkin g10, level 80, Vader g9 level 80, Tie Fighter Pilot g9 level 85, Stormtrooper g8 level 80 and Royal Guard g8 level 80. Focused on R2d2 with everyone and only used TFP basic until r2d2 was killed. Once R2d2 was killed used TFP tie strike and kept picking a single target until they fell. RG and Storm both died early but with Tarkin debuffs and TFP doing the damage I was able to easily take out the rest. Chewie was last and took the longest to fall but he eventually went down. Best feeling when you know you are about to win. Concentrate on r2d2 with single strikes and only use aoe when he is in smoke.
  • Bludmetal wrote: »
    I did it with Tarkin g10, level 80, Vader g9 level 80, Tie Fighter Pilot g9 level 85, Stormtrooper g8 level 80 and Royal Guard g8 level 80. Focused on R2d2 with everyone and only used TFP basic until r2d2 was killed. Once R2d2 was killed used TFP tie strike and kept picking a single target until they fell. RG and Storm both died early but with Tarkin debuffs and TFP doing the damage I was able to easily take out the rest. Chewie was last and took the longest to fall but he eventually went down. Best feeling when you know you are about to win. Concentrate on r2d2 with single strikes and only use aoe when he is in smoke.

What is the skill level of those toon?
  • Here yo go, they are the first 5 in this collection

https://swgoh.gg/u/bludmetal/collection/?f=empire

Good luck, it's doable but only when the random numbers are in your favor
  • How do you kill R2 first when he keeps remaining stealthed and has literally NO cooldowns on his smoke and burning? (not to mention he goes 2-3 times for every one turn your team makes, can't be stunned, etc.) How do you plan for anything when if you're at level 80 and gear 8/9 your team is going to get spammed with debuffs, ability block, burned, and have only one target (unless Chewie taunts, then "two")?

I can usually get Han down, but that's about it. I have Tarkin, Veers, Snow, RG, and Vader. Two are G9, the rest G8 and all 80 (Tarkin 82). I tried Vader in lead one time and it was so bad I didn't even get to do any real damage to any of them. RG is supposed to be a "tank" and he always goes down first. I can do his special one time, but after that they go again and spam attack him.

The fact you "need" the Emperor to do this "easily" is ridiculous. If they had done an EP in early December or even November so we could get him to 7, then good deal.

Recommended: 80+ "isn't".
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    How do you kill R2 first when he keeps remaining stealthed and has literally NO cooldowns on his smoke and burning? (not to mention he goes 2-3 times for every one turn your team makes, can't be stunned, etc.) How do you plan for anything when if you're at level 80 and gear 8/9 your team is going to get spammed with debuffs, ability block, burned, and have only one target (unless Chewie taunts, then "two")?

I can usually get Han down, but that's about it. I have Tarkin, Veers, Snow, RG, and Vader. Two are G9, the rest G8 and all 80 (Tarkin 82). I tried Vader in lead one time and it was so bad I didn't even get to do any real damage to any of them. RG is supposed to be a "tank" and he always goes down first. I can do his special one time, but after that they go again and spam attack him.

The fact you "need" the Emperor to do this "easily" is ridiculous. If they had done an EP in early December or even November so we could get him to 7, then good deal.

Well thats the trick. Buff immune R2 with TFP and focus him down. Kill him before tanks all die. Otherwise you practically have no chance. Killing R2 is the best way
  • Bludmetal wrote: »
    Here yo go, they are the first 5 in this collection

Thats cool, I tried a lot, but tarkin and TFP keeps dying under the fire of r2d2
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    How do you kill R2 first when he keeps remaining stealthed and has literally NO cooldowns on his smoke and burning? (not to mention he goes 2-3 times for every one turn your team makes, can't be stunned, etc.) How do you plan for anything when if you're at level 80 and gear 8/9 your team is going to get spammed with debuffs, ability block, burned, and have only one target (unless Chewie taunts, then "two")?

Thats true, thats why I m exhausted right now. Where is the emperor's demise? It should come back then R2D2 then CLS event. Now I have to wait for another 4-6 months before I got everything ready.T^T
    Bludmetal wrote: »

Thats cool, I tried a lot, but tarkin and TFP keeps dying under the fire of r2d2

Tarkin needs to be heavily modded for Potency which he builds for defense. TFP needs to be modded for speed. If TFP died I would just set it to 4x auto as its impossible without him. My characters were hitting for 2,000 to 6,000 but TFP was hitting at 20,000 to 30,000 with his basic.
  • Vaderrr
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Vaderrr wrote: »

Tarkin needs to be heavily modded for Potency which he builds for defense. TFP needs to be modded for speed. If TFP died I would just set it to 4x auto as its impossible without him. My characters were hitting for 2,000 to 6,000 but TFP was hitting at 20,000 to 30,000 with his basic.

However my squad dies really fast. I mean I can get rid 3 of them at the best, but no other round I can survive.
    Both Tarkin and TFP dies too quick on R2D2's fire... I got them all gear 9 and abilities with level 7 around. Is it really important to make it more easy to win with EP? Exhausted

Killing R2 first doesnt work for me, as R2 is too quick and always under stealth
  • idk but me and bludmetal had same lineup except that we had stormie in place of your snowy so our experience might not be exactly same as yours.
    for me two tanks died at right time they holded enough to earn time for the other 3 to kill r2 rest was next to nothing. they systematically went down one by one
  • idk but me and bludmetal had same lineup except that we had stormie in place of your snowy so our experience might not be exactly same as yours.
    for me two tanks died at right time they holded enough to earn time for the other 3 to kill r2 rest was next to nothing. they systematically went down one by one

I wish i got a shoretrooper lol
  • No I didn't have shoretrooper, it was stormtrooper, which is equally farmable as boba fett or old daka. But me too, I hope I had shore trooper