Barriss Offee changes

Prev134567
AbysmalDarkside
316 posts Member
edited December 2015
EDIT by EA_Jesse: locking this thread since there is now an official response on this found here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2094/regarding-heroine-bundle-purchases#latest

I can't be the only one not okay with the refunds being given out if barriss isnt being taken back by the devs. So they paid for a OP character that was due for a nerf, & get a refund because she isnt as OP as she was before ? but still very powerful ? Give em a refund but they shouldnt be keeping bariss even though I dont think any of you deserve a refund AT ALL. In fact you deserve exactly what you're getting, thats what happens when you pay to win & this should be no different. You knew that character was OP when you bought it, You knew a nerf was coming whenever you used it, it was your decision to waste 60$ which is already ridiculous on a in app purchase, they should not be allowed to refund at all. Its called character balancing its in games to make sure no 1 character is too strong. You're mad because a character that was clearly OP'd was nerfed to make the game fair for everyone ? how does that warrant a refund ?
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Hey,

So as expected the nerf hammer hit a char that some of us put down 50 bucks for. As discussed before and raised by other players also, will there be any comp/exchange opportunity offered so it is actually worth investing in the game or all better chars will be nerfed a week after ppl put down money for them? (similar to advisor leliana in hoda)

Cheers,
    Maso
  • I'd say no chance really, it's in the terms and conditions that they can change characters without notice.
  • What did they change with her?
  • Ouch, I expected a nerf, but that's a massive decrease.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    You will receive nothing but an opportunity to spend double that amount on the next character pack.

But this time you won't have to worry about not getting what you paid for. The characters are already underpowered.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Underpowered? Kylo Ren looks like Dooku on steroids
  • A nerf for a character that is in no way OP.
    I expect sidious and old ben being nerfed. Old Ben <3 Baris in every way and in almost every teamcomp.
    Old Ben has this skill that prevents Baris (and others) from healing AND reduce physical dmg.
    By this logic I expect a nerf on those 2 characters as well right?
    Also because Baris disappeared in the Arena list and it's all Darth Sidious or Old Ben as leader, can we expect a nerf as well?

It's like this:
    you have 25 out of all characters including Baris. Your current comp is A B C D E aka your best team.
    A seems to powerful so let's nerf it. Now you dont use A anymore so it's now B C D E F which you use.
    Next in line is nerfing B (which is prolly sidious), after that forum screams about nerfing C.

Where is the end? Why does EA nerf characters they sell when they are clearly not OP.

Better method is to give other characters boosts to change the meta and make things interesting.
    All that is happening now is people will not use Baris anymore and the meta changes and new nerves are needed.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Guys, this game is a money grab just like all the rest. Whether we like it or not, it's going to happen. They are going to nerf character after character, so that people will spend more money to invest in the "next big thing". It's sickening. New Star Wars movie comes out and all of a sudden, a $120 card pack hits the store, while people who are paying money for Chromium packs are not even getting the things they are paying for. Gamers need to act with their feet, and stop supporting games where the emphasis is 100% on gouging people for cash and then changing things with the end goal of making people spend more and more money.
  • So what your saying is you want to buy the pack but it's too expensive for your taste?
    Because it is for mine personally.
    Where did the idea come from that EA isn't allowed to make a profit.
    They are not putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy. It's your wallet.

Especially this: "Guys, this game is a money grab just like all the rest."

We know it's a money grab. Accept it and don't buy stuff you don't want to or move on to another game.
    The only thing I can agree with is that I hate the P2P system or P2W altho I do think in this game it's less pay2win than others.
  • No, im not buying the pack, but that's because of technical issues with my pack purchases so far where I am not getting rewards I've paid for. I've also got no issues with game publishers and companies making money to make games, but it comes to a head when the gamer is buying a virtual item, which once they have bought it for real value, can then be rendered utterly worthless by the decisions of a producer (or worse, an accountant) in a publishers office somewhere.

Agree with you, this "game" is less P2W than others but it's a worrying trend in the industry in general that we as gamers are now accepting that it's OK to spend literally half the cost of a new console or a week's groceries on 3 virtual items that will be worth less than nothing in 2 weeks once someone decides they want to release new characters. There should be consumer rights for this stuff to protect what you pay for, regardless of whether it's virtual or not. Buying exp boosts for cash is one thing, but having your characters rendered worthless by dev changes is another. It's underhand when real money is involved in cultivating those character abilities and synergies.

Don't get me wrong, I know what I am into 100% and have no complaints; I agreed to the EULA just like everyone else but it doesn't mean I have to like it when I spend $100 on crystals and coins to level up a character only to have a dev make that character (and others) worthless. It's playing on people's competitive nature and the publishers know that power gamers will start dropping more real cash to get the flavour of the week heroes levelled up. Then the cycle repeats. Publishers get rich. Gamer with disposable income doesn't really care too much until he realizes that over a month he's dropped $500 on some "game" and actually has nothing tangible or meaningful to show for it. (Admittedly, at this point I am now off topic and ranting about the whole In-App purchase/pay to win approach that game companies are taking, so please disregard)

Just wait until Game Devs catch on to the software as a service model for mobile devices and we al have to pay monthly subs for our mobile games!!!!
  • Very well thought out post in which I can only agree.
    The arguments made are very valid and I will certainly not disagree there.
    I also am bummed they nerfed baris and dooku (which I paid for last week) because some non paying players make an acc and rant about it at forum. Imo she is actually weak compared to others. Same goes for Dooku.
    Before the patch I already saw less and less Baris throughout the game because she is simply not good enough at higher levels (yet).

It doesn't feel correct that these things happen today. Thing is, there are too many gamers and paying customers that accept this and move on.
    I think that's why it's being done mainly, because they can.
    However I am warned now to not buy anything if they keep swinging the nerfbat.
    See how things work out in the future and go from there.

I don't want to downplay your post but unfortunately it is todays reality. Episode of south park about freemium games crossed my mind a lot lately ;)
    Doesn't have to say we should accept it as a community tho.

• billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd say no chance really, it's in the terms and conditions that they can change characters without notice.

Other games give compensation when characters are nerfed. Some don't as well, but considering this game is so new and it cost $50 to get her, I'd say people deserve compensation.

What did they nerf on Dooku?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    They didnt nerf dooku. Just fixed his passive that gave a 100% chance of adding turn meter on a counter hit if im not mistaken. It was meant to be 25% which got fixed. We bought dooku on those terms so refund wouldnt be viable as he was sort of "broken". Even then he wasn't much of a prob.
  • Google refunded my purchase in about 10 minutes.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1050566?hl=en
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Underpowered? Kylo Ren looks like Dooku on steroids

Yes. Aside from not being very good, he is like dooku.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • actually i find op's post more rational than all the Barris crybabies i see....asking for a refund here and there. Nerfs and Buffs are part and parcel of games...just like WoW last time. Are you gona ask a refund for 6 months subscription just because they nerf your class? Just wait around and see if there will be any update on Barris the next few days.
  • When can we expect a refund on "Barriss Offee Pack" purchase?
  • I believe you need to be proactive and request one by calling either Google or Apple.
  • Shouldn't get one. She can still heal a Sid with a sliver of life back to full. :(
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    You guys dont deserve a refund, that's what you get for being so thirsty for arena ranks.
  • The heal equalisation itself is still bloody massive. Yes the base heal isn't as much, but still equal to Luminara, but for teams who like to kill one toon first then move on (I have no reliable AOE) she can still fully heal someone after I've got them to red.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ChiaPett wrote: »
    When can we expect a refund on "Barriss Offee Pack" purchase?

Google refunded me after putting in a refund request within 1 minute of putting in the request

they really should think characters they are putting for in premium/exclusive packs better if they want to have people confident of there purchases

and the prices they are are just stupid which is why i think google was so quick to refund

• ewok wrote: »
    You guys dont deserve a refund, that's what you get for being so thirsty for arena ranks.

Poor , broke ,hater that ewok he is
  • Vallik wrote: »

Google refunded me after putting in a refund request within 1 minute of putting in the request

they really should think characters they are putting for in premium/exclusive packs better if they want to have people confident of there purchases

and the prices they are are just stupid which is why i think google was so quick to refund

After you got your refund, bariss and the other two champs were deleted from your character pool or did your account get deleted after that?
  • Krisss wrote: »
    Vallik wrote: »

After you got your refund, bariss and the other two champs were deleted from your character pool or did your account get deleted after that?

Yeah I'm interested to see what happens here, otherwise you would get to keep your money and have a free barriss ^^
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Krisss wrote: »

if they deleted my account i could get all my money back would work for me
  • Skye
    795 posts Member

google used to be quick with refunds with Marvel Puzzle quest too, but that option also result in people being locked out of their accounts afterwards... As google itself can not remove the purchases you made within the game...

So if you got your money back, be prepared to lose access to that account you had made your purchases...

This is what happened to some users that requested a refund for purchases they made in Marvel Puzzle quest... I'm not sure if EA will do this, but I would prepare for the worst when it comes to losing access to that account. It'll probably be a lot easier to lock you out the account than remove the items you had purchased and got a refund for.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Krisss wrote: »

No ur acct won't be deleted. .....I've spent plenty of $$ on many games including this one. ..I've never been banned from a game , cause I wanted a refund from a p.o.s. developer move.....IF SOMEONE SAYS YOU'LL BE DELETED, has either , never requested a refund. ...or works for E.A(.or a total jaCk@$!#$)...JMO
  • Skye wrote: »

google used to be quick with refunds with Marvel Puzzle quest too, but that option also result in people being locked out of their accounts afterwards... As google itself can not remove the purchases you made within the game...

So if you got your money back, be prepared to lose access to that account you had made your purchases...

This is what happened to some users that requested a refund for purchases they made in Marvel Puzzle quest... I'm not sure if EA will do this, but I would prepare for the worst when it comes to losing access to that account. It'll probably be a lot easier to lock you out the account than remove the items you had purchased and got a refund for.

if thats the route they go then i can get refunded on the rest of the purchases and come away clean
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Fighton wrote: »
    ewok wrote: »

Poor , broke ,hater that ewok he is

Can't stand fighting people on a more even playing field huh?
This discussion has been closed.