R2 Help!!!!! Please!

TheDorkKnight53
18 posts Member
edited December 2017
I keep getting destroyed on tier 7. I would really appreciate some assistance.
Post edited by TheDorkKnight53 on

Replies

• Same boat as you and from my experience and what people have told me all i can tell you that you NEED palpatine lead, vader and tie fighter pilot. Try to kill r2 first and pray for good rng
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Have you a swgoh.gg account. We need to see your account to offer advice.

You don't need anything but it's your choice which characters to use. Palpatine is one of the better ones if you haven't over geared.
  • Is the swgoh.gg account just my username on the app?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Is the swgoh.gg account just my username on the app?

It's a website which you can sync your account to.

https://swgoh.gg/sync/

Go here create an account and sync it with game.
  • Gotcha. I'm TheRevanchist53 there.
  • Dunno if this would be of any help, but this is the squad and gear I beat Tier 7:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rheen/collection/?f=empire
  • @TheDorkKnight53 You need to setup account sync on SWGOH.GG. That way it will actually show us your characters, mods, gear... Without that you won't get any real assistance, since nothing can be tailored to you. Finish swgoh.gg and let us know.
  • TheDorkKnight53
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    @TheDorkKnight53 You need to setup account sync on SWGOH.GG. That way it will actually show us your characters, mods, gear... Without that you won't get any real assistance, since nothing can be tailored to you. Finish swgoh.gg and let us know.

For some reason, it's not letting me sync.

UPDATE: Got myself synced.
  • So what should I do to better my chances of finally getting Artoo?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So what should I do to better my chances of finally getting Artoo?

Spend a month farming gear. You need minimum viii and possibly ix.
    Get better mods. A lot of you empire characters have 2 dot and 3 dot mods. You need 5 dot mods full upgraded across the board.

Try different leaders. R2d2 and his allies are immune to turn meter removal in the final tier.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Get better mods. A lot of you empire characters have 2 dot and 3 dot mods. You need 5 dot mods full upgraded across the board.

Try different leaders. R2d2 and his allies are immune to turn meter removal in the final tier.

So I basically have a 7% chance of beating it in my current state?
  • Naraic wrote: »

I beat it with g8 magmatrooper, g8 snowtrooper, g8 royal guard, g9 Vader and g9 Palp, and it was a struggle. I tried probably 20 times before I got good rng. You just have to be persistent.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

I forgot the important factor try and try and try and try and try again. You may need rng to like you a lot and to do many attempts.
  • you have good team just mod and gear are a bit underwhelming keep trying and keep the farming
  • I used Palp as lead, DV, RG, Magma Trooper, and Tarkin. I took out Han first, then Luke, Leia, R2, Old Ben, and finally Chewie.
  • I used G10 Palpatine (L), G11 Vader, G10 TFP, G9 Tarkin and G9 Royal Guard

How i did it:
    Han, Leia, Luke, R2, Old Ben, Chewie..
    Using TFP’s special to inflict buff immunity to prevent Leia/R2 stealthing, also never use culling blade unless its guarenteed to land a fatal blow, otherwise your not making the most of the debuffs.
  • I keep hearing people say take out R2 first but when I got him the first time and also during the Mythical event (or whatever its called) I started by killing Han, then either Leia or Luke then I move on to R2 since Old Ben and Chewie arent much in the way of damage. Also if you are using Palp make sure you use his buff immediately for the damage boost and you should be able to take out those squishier toons fast.
  • So I can now at least kill Han, but by that point all I have left are Palp and Zader with their health in the yellow.
  • If you don't have Palp lead, then you need TFP. I have 5 characters for it, but no TFP and no EP. So even with my team being 80-85, Gear 8/9, best and fastest mods available, I can't do enough damage to do more than take out Han and maybe Luke. I have yet to get R2's protection to zero. I'm trying to get TFP up to 7 star, but I neglected him for a while because of the other 80 "things" I was focusing on first. :P

Good luck, I don't know if I'll be able to. Though I'd be curious how much CG would sell this version R2 for to us if we wanted. Zero cool down on burn and smoke, attacks 3 times per turn, gains turn meter whenever he's blue and white, insta-kills any character below 50% health with his basic, has 100K protection and receives protection whenever he beeps, and so on. lol
  • Uuuuuugggghhhh. I can get rid of Luke, Han and Leia, but then R2 goes off on his whole "Oh, time to act as a broken character and murder everyone!" attack loop.
  • The RNG Gods have spoken. I finally got him. Thanks you guys!

My team was:
    Gear 10 EP (L)
    Gear 9 Zader
    Gear 9 Tarkin
    Gear 9 Stormtrooper
    Gear 8 RG
  • Uuuuuugggghhhh. I can get rid of Luke, Han and Leia, but then R2 goes off on his whole "Oh, time to act as a broken character and murder everyone!" attack loop.

Funny how that works huh? You get the team down to 2 or 3 and suddenly R2 goes even faster. On top of that, for all the times I've been watching my team fail the 7* tier, I have yet to see even one "dodge" by my team. So, R2's team has 100% accuracy on every single attack. Debuffs aren't 100%, but attacks are always hitting, no matter what.

How much money to own this version of R2 again CG? I'm sure we're all curious since it is so excessively overpowered and buffed up (unless you have EP or TFP of course.)