Content Update 12/21/2017

Replies

• I just got boba also. If I miss it and click to fast is it gone forever? Not sure what the logic is behind that. Will it ever come back?
  • Well it’s 1041 am mountain time and still no pop up prob show up on Christmas Day I guess
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Serya wrote: »
    I just got boba also. If I miss it and click to fast is it gone forever? Not sure what the logic is behind that. Will it ever come back?

The boba pack is once daily per the dev quotes on update
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Serya wrote: »
    I just got boba also. If I miss it and click to fast is it gone forever? Not sure what the logic is behind that. Will it ever come back?

The boba pack is once daily per the dev quotes on update

So will it come back tomorrow?
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Got the boba and a 19.99 crystal offer... but want the vault
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    No vault yer
  • What 19.99 crystal offer? The only crystal offer is $100
  • Nope! Also got the 20$ offer over here.
  • Does anyone know the logic behind these offers not being in the store? I want to buy some but if I miss it or click wrong then it’s gone? Seems like they would be missing out on money if anything.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    ... yea I have cash for the $100... don’t want the $20 one
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Seems real weird
  • Kinda bull...with my minor account I don’t receive any offer as they “are not allowed” yet I receive the one time power up bundle offer all the time upon unit activation.

Definitely a contradiction in my eyes.
  • Serya wrote: »
    Does anyone know the logic behind these offers not being in the store? I want to buy some but if I miss it or click wrong then it’s gone? Seems like they would be missing out on money if anything.

The flash nature of the offer creates urgency. People dither with things that are available for a long period. If you have only a short window, perhaps fence sitters are more likely to pull the trigger, especially now with so many things pulling at you.
  • Screenshots?
    verpixelt wrote: »
    25% offer for the chest popped up.

• verpixelt
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Screenshots?
    verpixelt wrote: »
    25% offer for the chest popped up.

pic or it didn't happen, eh?! I forgot how much fun forums are =D
    https://ibb.co/eP2F5R

Wild guess (if no one can confirm otherwise):
    • 12/24 chest offer
    • 12/25 crate offer
    • 12/26 vault offer
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Funny thing about the pop-ups. When I don't want them, they appear. When I want the Boba one, it does not appear.

Oh, irony thy name is Boba.
  • I’m still waiting on both as well. I want Boba too. 11:45 mountain and nothing.
  • Well I have the money in my Apple account if the 100 dollar crystal pops for me ea makes money if it don’t I keep my money pretty simple I think
  • I got the Boba pop up. You have to buy then and there, it doesn’t take you to the store. In other words, you have to know what’s in the bundle as it doesn’t specify.

BTW Boba bundle is $8.99

The pop up shows at the bottom what you are getting. They don’t make you buy it blind.
  • 1pm central and no popups on 4 accounts. Opened and closed each account at least 20 times.
  • No Christmas bonuses for EA employees for implementing a stupid random crystal promotion pop up, I specifically bought iTunes cards to I could get the crystal promotion so if it don’t show up by the end of 5he day no more spending for me
  • I've also tried logging on from different devices and internet connections. Still nothing.
  • Yup some people are getting it and some aren’t. I haven’t got either yet. **** me off.
  • Why change to popup system? Better when the sales are in the shop!! No popup here yet! :/:/:/
  • The chest hasn’t popped up yet don’t believe verpixelt
  • I want to know why use this popup system? Let the sales on the shop, like always!!! It easy, fast, and let all costumers happy!!!
  • KnightRK wrote: »
    Why change to popup system? Better when the sales are in the shop!! No popup here yet! :/:/:/

It gives people less time to consider whether the purchase is a good idea or not. People like you will buy no matter what, so changing it probably doesn't cost them anything.
  • Seen both boba and the chest of crystals ($19.99) one pop up
  • KnightRK
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    snowhut wrote: »
    KnightRK wrote: »
    Why change to popup system? Better when the sales are in the shop!! No popup here yet! :/:/:/

It gives people less time to consider whether the purchase is a good idea or not. People like you will buy no matter what, so changing it probably doesn't cost them anything.

I will buy because I buy sometimes, and this time I have cash on my google acc because the gift card gave us crystal bonus. I prefer buy on sales than buy without sales. So, I get 3 x 3000 from gift cards and can spend this cash and earn more 25% crystal.