Content Update 12/21/2017

Replies

• 8.45 pm and no popup
    Looks like RNG finally reached sales too
  • What is a “minor account?” Also EA has the worst marketing department ever. They have a ton of customers wanting to give them money but can’t because the offer won’t appear. Pop up idea was really bad. Lots of us sitting around waiting with no clue if it’s actually going to pop up while others have already received it.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    What is a “minor account?” Also EA has the worst marketing department ever. They have a ton of customers wanting to give them money but can’t because the offer won’t appear. Pop up idea was really bad. Lots of us sitting around waiting with no clue if it’s actually going to pop up while others have already received it.

I concur. If they wanted to make sure that everyone has a chance, they should have just auto-forced the pop-up. Because there is a chance that the pop-up never occurs, which means that some people that would have spent money did not get the chance to.
  • Same i got bobba but no others yet but it did say start xmas day n run thru 28th so could be a bit b4 see the crystals one
  • Woke up this morning and hopped on real quick to get some shards before reset and a pop up came on my screen. "8.99 boba fett bundle. 80 shards and some other items appeared. Limit 1"
    Here I am getting all soaked to 7* him for the holidays and when I click it, nothing appears in the store. Anyone else have this happen? I'm on android if it makes a difference
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    What is a “minor account?” Also EA has the worst marketing department ever. They have a ton of customers wanting to give them money but can’t because the offer won’t appear. Pop up idea was really bad. Lots of us sitting around waiting with no clue if it’s actually going to pop up while others have already received it.

I concur. If they wanted to make sure that everyone has a chance, they should have just auto-forced the pop-up. Because there is a chance that the pop-up never occurs, which means that some people that would have spent money did not get the chance to.

Nothing in the link below says that it's available for some and not for others. If you don't get the popup then complain like hell. I know I will.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150375/content-update-12-21-2017
  • @Ikky2win When I installed the game(my first mobile game ever) I didn’t pay attention to the age question. I apparently put in something younger than 13 so I’m a Mol Eliza who can’t see guild chat or popoups

Ironically I can, and do still purchase things. Despite spending days on the phone with both Apple and EA, there is no way to fix this. It stymies even the most intelligent programmers and threatens the safety of children around the globe to ammend my account age. The President himself can not undo this forever permanent decision.
  • JabbaWookiee
    0 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Can anyone else agree with me that a BH update and zeta would be greatly appreciated? Watching the YouTube SWGOH channels of AhnaldT101 and MobileGamer, hearing the Devs say that they bring characters based on timeline and when a movie comes out, then the majority will be focused on light side characters. As if some characters weren’t overpowered enough! With a fully maxed BH team I’m barely at #200 in Arena against lower geared CLS teams.

What happened to balance? I started off this game right when it launched getting Grievous and yet after two years there hasn’t been any updates on that character as well.

What do we need to do to reach out to you that LS is too crazy? I’ll give you all the blue milk from the hippo in TLJ as payment!! #makebountyhuntersgreatagain!!

Happy Holidays Devs! Honestly you guys are doing tremendous work!
  • Just got a pop up for the 19.99 pack. 3500 crystals. 25% more.
  • If you clicked "buy now" on the ad it would have directly requested the native Android pay dialog (does so on iOS). This ad does not take you to the shop and shows you an available item. If that did not happen I'd open a ticket in EA's help system.
  • Hi, there’s a feedback section in the forum. The developers look there when they want to see what people are thinking.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Got a pop up for the 19.99 pack , clicked on it , dissapears and nothing happened.
    Guess i missclicked or sth.
  • Yeah, the same thing happened to me! I was totally going to buy it but *poof* and it's gone... I hope it pops back up soon. I need crystals and have been waiting for these for a couple days...

I wonder if they are doing this because they know people would buy crystals for CLS regardless of price. So they put the crystals in these pop up bundles and hope we are forced to buy the standard crystals to prep for CLS since the pop ups are seemingly random (and hollow in my case lol).
  • shakabashing
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This is ridiculous EA / CG. This is false advertising. Why mislead your players who spend good money in your game? Why say it's going to appear if it never does? We should be compensated for this error on the developer's part.
  • Ea can screw themselves before I give them my money if they screw this crystal bonus popup system, 2:12 pm mountain time and still nothing, like my **** god do they want my money or not
  • Also, of course EA help can do nothing about it as I've already chatted with them and left two complaints. 4:18 p.m. eastern time open and close the game frequently. Very disappointing and frustrating
  • Still waiting for the pop ups. Why not do both like before? You can buy it from the store as well as a pop up?
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    The holidays are supposed to be about family, not being on a device all day in hopes we see a pop up. A pop up that will make you $$$. Spreading the joy of Christmas you are not. Some holiday joy right there lol. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Shame on you!!

Before you are so quick to judge, perhaps you should consider that maybe some people don't have family today. Maybe the game provides the distraction/joy they need? The holidays are not all sugar plums for everyone.

• How is it that no one has got the pop up for the vault? It must be false advertising a gross error
  • Update status says nothing, are we expecting a client restart today in the middle of combat again?
  • It's starting to get a little difficult playing the game after a few days and I'm wondering if buying packs would help me to get into winning ways.

I have about 1400 crystals and don't know which packs are the most beneficial... what would you guys recommend ?

May the force be with you!
  • I got the vault pop up twice and the boba fett one it pop up after I exited the app totally and had the latest loading screen instead of when the app had is still open in the background
  • It’s better to save crystals for the cheaper energy refreshes than buy packs especially early on in my opinion.
  • But I'm kinda stuck I'm doing everything but still it's getting more difficult every mission
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    The holidays are supposed to be about family, not being on a device all day in hopes we see a pop up. A pop up that will make you $$$. Spreading the joy of Christmas you are not. Some holiday joy right there lol. You guys never cease to amaze me.

Shame on you!!

Before you are so quick to judge, perhaps you should consider that maybe some people don't have family today. Maybe the game provides the distraction/joy they need? The holidays are not all sugar plums for everyone.

Get the F out of here with that devils advocate ****. Making people frustrated over random sales tactics is not a distraction for people who don't have families or Christmas. That's just dumb talk right there.
  • Packs that cost crystals aren’t normally worth it, not compared to saving crystals for gear and refreshes.

Packs and bundles that cost money tend to be worth it, especially those $5 Light and Dark Side Starter Packs.

All that said, I saved my crystals until I had 2520 to buy a Chromium Megapack when I started and don’t regret it one bit.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Knyght wrote: »

Get the F out of here with that devils advocate ****. Making people frustrated over random sales tactics is not a distraction for people who don't have families or Christmas. That's just dumb talk right there.

Uhhh. I'm not defending the devs or their messed up message/sale. No idea how you got that. Or if that's even what you're saying.

I was just saying that some players are here because they're not with family, or in my case, they're sick. The poster I was responding to was judging players for caring about the sale or lack thereof when they should be with family. I was countering his judgey mcjudgey post.

• The main thing you need is gear. Making it through the battles isn’t possible from just new characters.
  • The Omega packs, G12 packs and the crystal bonus are really good. Now the 24th is almost over and I got no bonus pack today. Is this again a new feature you released with this pop ups? (Bad guys may name it bug) Why not leave the old system? Only because you wanted to prevent us from laughing again about premium offer pop ups where we can buy stuff for the original price. The last months EA released so many new chars and content and now it seems that only packs are content anymore.

For all the players: I wish you all a merry Christmas!

May the farce be with us!!

CirrusCornwall