R2 tier 7! Completely no hope. Please help me.

Guys i am totally desperate, i tried everything i could, i know my team is terrible, stormtrooper and Magmatrooper are not for this challenge but their the ones i have. My team is Zader, palpatine, stormtrooper, tarkin and Magmatrooper. I tried everything and the only time i manage to kill or almost kill r2 is with Zader's lead, damage over time. I cannot miss Cls is been my soul focus for the Last month and a half. Please help!!

Replies

• I manage to kill r2 but by the time my damage over time acts my team is all dead
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    What gear do you have and can you possibly replace magmatrooper?

Do you have a swgoh.gg account. We can look at your roster and point out if there are any key missing abilities or gear.

Most importantly have you moved your best mods onto your empire team.
  • Unforfunately not, only these five. I should had focused on other's but i didn't manage in time because i was focusing on Cls characters. I'll put my swogg in a second.
  • Zader 11, palpatine 10, tarkin and stormtrooper 8 and Magmatrooper 7
  • I tried to Changes some mods but it's not my best area of expertise
  • Naraic wrote: »
    What gear do you have and can you possibly replace magmatrooper?

Do you have a swgoh.gg account. We can look at your roster and point out if there are any key missing abilities or gear.

Most importantly have you moved your best mods onto your empire team.

Please help!
  • @Milton_Gaspar Are you use Palpatine leader?! I have made it with all gear 8. Use good mods and you can do it.
  • Milton_Gaspar
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    KnightRK wrote: »
    @Milton_Gaspar Are you use Palpatine leader?! I have made it with all gear 8. Use good mods and you can do it.

I'm trying it now with palpatine lead trying to leave shock on all of them so i can win turn meter but it's not easy. My bad luck is that i don't have vey good mods and i don't have unlocked speed mods and the Jawa's challenge ones.
  • Don't give up. Need some good RNG and you can get it. I use in most case health mods and work to me. Use Palp leader is better than use Vader, imo.
  • They are immune to TM reduction so Vader isn't as good of a leader as Palp. That also makes Magmatrooper kinda useless.

I was able to do it with a lot of luck, and I mean A LOT of luck. It just takes lots and lots of tries. However, I had TFP and Deathtrooper on my squad, which really kept their buffs to a minimum. If I were you, I would restart if Palp, Tarkin, and Stormtrooper all get stunned/ability blocked on their first turn. Cause those are your 3 toons that will control their damage. Use Palp's health drain a lot. Him taking that % off each enemy really starts to add up. Once you get rid of R2's protection he is easier to kill that you might think.

Just keep at it and remember that you won't be getting CLS unless you win this. Eventually RNG will come to your aid.
  • Gotta get tfp man.
  • Guys thank you for the help i finally did it. The palpatine lead was crucial and a lot of crazy dedication i repeat it literally 200 times. Palpatine and tried to shock everyone to have turn meter is the key. This tell you that whatever the team keep trying i definitely had the worst team and made it
  • Congrats, man.

I did on the first day but took me about a couple of hours for a decent RNG, almost commited double murder throwing my phone at my tv screen. lmao

Beat tier 7 with:

Palpatine (leader) gX
    Vader gXI
    Royal Guard gIX
    Tarkin gIX
    Snowtrooper gIX

Now bring on CLS event.

• EP is pretty important for lead when using a base squad. Congrats on 7*!
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • I’m struggling too. If I get three shots in during the entire battle I’m lucky. I lead with Palp (G9); Zader (10), Tarkin (8), Magma (8) and Snowtrooper (8). Almost never get a chance to attack.
  • Run palp lead. Focus on Han-Leah-Luke-R2-Tanks in that order. If you get a chance culling blade R2. I did it with Palp(L) G10 Vader G9 Tarkin G10 Snow G8 Magma G7. Its a pain but its doable.