The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Someone in my shard used a zeta on mother. They are a 51k power team with a 2 star zombie and 3 star Mother. Top 400 in ranked Arena. They are doing well for all this thread busting how horrible they are. They person also only has them GS 9, all Level 85, weird spattering of good and really questionable choices for mods, but it’s working for them so far.

Rank 400 =/= doing well.
  • I run a NS team on my arena. They get me in top 50 every day now since I switched to them. I'm FTP, so none of them are gold and they beat gold team such as CLS teams and a couple of General Zariss teams. I have a zeta on Daka and Talzin so that helps alot. They aren't the best right now, but they need to be geared more (except Zombie).

My ally code so you can see my team for yourself (I don't have a swgoh.gg account)

124-462-271
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Someone in my shard used a zeta on mother. They are a 51k power team with a 2 star zombie and 3 star Mother. Top 400 in ranked Arena. They are doing well for all this thread busting how horrible they are. They person also only has them GS 9, all Level 85, weird spattering of good and really questionable choices for mods, but it’s working for them so far.

Rank 400 =/= doing well.

Give it a few days and i’ll try to see if they are in top 50. Mind you this is a power 51k team where the average 400-600 team is 75k-80K power right now.
  • Jizzaouse
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Use kenobi with nightsisters....veers does not destroy them. Zentress lead, talzin, daka, zombie, kenobi.

The only team this cannot auto is chaze. And it rips jtr teams up.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Jizzaouse wrote: »
    Use kenobi with nightsisters....veers does not destroy them. Zentress lead, talzin, daka, zombie, kenobi.

I'm running this team too and I'm quite happy about it. Would you reckon weak or strong Zombie though? I've got mine weak atm
  • A G10 NS team with G6 Zombie will get you first place. There are 3 such teams in my Aug 2016 shard right now. They can beat all G12 gold teams, ESPECIALLY JT Rey teams.
  • It’s outrageous that Zombie keeps reviving at any gear, amazing how you can put a g7 toon and be top in arena in any shard, the revives should only be infinite at G12, less than that, they should have a counter, so you get punished for not gearing a toon. Incredible that fights become endless if your 2 AOE toons die, against a G7 toon......... I hate the NS hung more than I hated the Zmaul randomness.
    And those a big words
  • when these getting released to all, there wont be any team in top 10 but ns teams....
  • Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Jizzaouse wrote: »

I'm running this team too and I'm quite happy about it. Would you reckon weak or strong Zombie though? I've got mine weak atm

Week Zombie is the way to go, but only if you have: Acolyte and a Talzin lead. In your current delema, I'd say gear her up. But if low gear works for you great.
  • My 4xzeta NS squad with all 100+speed mods holds up pretty well in arena. Just sayin...
  • Here's a NS story...
    On a 2 year old shard, a player with 1.9 million GP makes his way into the top 10 for the very first time. He uses G12 Daka/Ventress/the rest of his NS......Just remove R2 and add B2. Hit auto fight and it's game over within 1-2 minutes.

And this is why the payouts need to end. The simple elitist entitlement of hey we worked out this system to milk the system, how dare someone like a 9 year old not follow our unlisted, unposted made up rules of entitlement. We are being repressed and encroached on by Night Sister trash. How dare they crash our CLS party.

Where did you find this awesome story of NS rage?
  • When CG found out about Nute-tini in the HAAT, they did a quick fix because, in their approximate words, it was not right for an under developed toon to have such an impact in an end game activity.

I personally feel that Arena qualifies as an end game activity, and it is no secret that these NS teams specifically under gear zombie to make it easier for zombie to die. I don’t know what, if anything, CG can or will do, but I personally feel like this is a flaw their toon design is causing and it’s something that should be adjusted in a way that rewards gearing and starring Zombie.
  • kmilky wrote: »
    When CG found out about Nute-tini in the HAAT, they did a quick fix because, in their approximate words, it was not right for an under developed toon to have such an impact in an end game activity.

I personally feel that Arena qualifies as an end game activity, and it is no secret that these NS teams specifically under gear zombie to make it easier for zombie to die. I don’t know what, if anything, CG can or will do, but I personally feel like this is a flaw their toon design is causing and it’s something that should be adjusted in a way that rewards gearing and starring Zombie.

Agree. It's a buzzkill to have a G7-G10 team with 71k arena power stomp your all GOLD G12 team with new JTRey.

When CG found out about Nute-tini in the HAAT, they did a quick fix because, in their approximate words, it was not right for an under developed toon to have such an impact in an end game activity.

Simple fix. Make the zombie Omega a zeta. It is an issue of her ability being easy to get. Mother does need a Zeta for the zombie trash to work properly, and preferably Asajj and Initiate need Omegaed as well. Old Daka needs to be developed fully. It’s just the zombie.

If she continuously dies you will never break the cycle and Target the zombie over and over.
  • Incnerator
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, also it’s time to start to juggle shards around randomly every so often to eliminate these entitled, colluding monopoly-men. Like every month shards should be randomly redistributed and people who haven’t logged in in over a year should be quarantined to inactive storage until they log in and become active again.
    This would give players a chance to actually have a month in arena where they can possibly jump up or down and not have to worry about the same bloated invincible fat cats who’ve been receiving 6x the payout in purple every...single..:day. Have you ever done the math to see how many more crystals the top 10 in arena gets compared to everyone else and extrapolated it out to a year.
    If you aren’t at the very top, your waaaay behind dog.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Incnerator wrote: »
    Yeah, also it’s time to start to juggle shards around randomly every so often to eliminate these entitled, colluding monopoly-men.

Arena is so screwed up. I can't believe this game has gotten to the point where majority of top players have to cheat via collusion to dictate arena rank. It's a complete joke.

CG should include in the game tutorial forum links to find your arena shardmates. Does that sound ridiculous? So does CG allowing players to collude to organize game rewards.
  • Here's a NS story...
    On a 2 year old shard, a player with 1.9 million GP makes his way into the top 10 for the very first time. He uses G12 Daka/Ventress/the rest of his NS......Just remove R2 and add B2. Hit auto fight and it's game over within 1-2 minutes.

And this is why the payouts need to end. The simple elitist entitlement of hey we worked out this system to milk the system, how dare someone like a 9 year old not follow our unlisted, unposted made up rules of entitlement. We are being repressed and encroached on by Night Sister trash. How dare they crash our CLS party.

Where did you find this awesome story of NS rage?

Lol that is indeed a great story.

How dare a random player do his best using the toons he has without first checking in with his overlords to make sure it was OK.

I really don't like under geared and weak toons being able to just jump the que, but that's a dev issue. Can't blame players for taking advantage.

Simple fix. Make the zombie Omega a zeta. It is an issue of her ability being easy to get. Mother does need a Zeta for the zombie trash to work properly, and preferably Asajj and Initiate need Omegaed as well. Old Daka needs to be developed fully. It’s just the zombie.

If she continuously dies you will never break the cycle and Target the zombie over and over.

That wouldn’t be a fix, just a more expensive way to get a G7 toon into your arena team, they should cap the amount of revives and zombie should only revive endlessly at G12, they could make it so G1-2 revives once, G3-4 twice, and so on until G12 revives endlessly, and if that is too complicated to program, then let it be a set amount from G1-11 and endless for G12.

That would stop the absurd of having a G7 toon in top of arenas and unbeatable by many
  • First, every arena is different, so, I feel I shouldn't have to prefeace that evertime but people keep fprgetting
    Sorry to say, in my game start shard - while set up of CLS, R2, Thrawn, Kenobi, and Han CAN beat my Ns, it rarely does. My NS team is kitted out to bowl over that team every time. R2 is NOT enough Aoe, and then you're relying on Thrawn and luck to take down the rest of the team.
    I almost feel NS was introduced to help break up the meta a little. Any old zMaul team can thrash NS, with 0 issues. It's very specifically CLS and GK/Zariss (though it can take a little longer for Asajjs beast mode to overcome it)
    NS brought in some Paper to cover the current CLS/GK+Zariss rock. Leaves it open to any old zmaul or Veer'n'company to scissor that up. This is a good thing.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I run a NS team, I'm not a whale so they're not full 7* or anything, but I did spend the little extra $$ to bump them to 3 & 4*. My team is talzin lead (double zeta, good mods and g11), zdakka, zventress, ghost and zombie. I think the best I got in arena is like 33. Keep in mind my arena shard thing is over 2-1/2 yeas old I think - I've been playing for a while.

Anyway - I love how the new resistance teams literally crumble when plagued. All you really need to do is plague someone, and play defense as best as you can. When Finn, Poe, R2 BB8 and someone else starts gaining massive turn meter, and BB8 does his special intel thing, they're all dead.

Does anyone know when the shards are dropping in shipments? I know they're in chromiums, but I'm not chancing those.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    I run a NS team, I'm not a whale so they're not full 7* or anything, but I did spend the little extra $$ to bump them to 3 & 4*. My team is talzin lead (double zeta, good mods and g11), zdakka, zventress, ghost and zombie. I think the best I got in arena is like 33. Keep in mind my arena shard thing is over 2-1/2 yeas old I think - I've been playing for a while.

Anyway - I love how the new resistance teams literally crumble when plagued. All you really need to do is plague someone, and play defense as best as you can. When Finn, Poe, R2 BB8 and someone else starts gaining massive turn meter, and BB8 does his special intel thing, they're all dead.

Does anyone know when the shards are dropping in shipments? I know they're in chromiums, but I'm not chancing those.

Never, is the likely answer for MT. You'r elooking at 25 months for her -- since we've never heard anything different.

Zombie and Spirit might become easier to aquire. TBH - making the zombie easier to get might provoke people to star it up more and it'll be become less of an issue for many people.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • 25 months? that's just plain crazy, when EP first came out, I think there was a 12 month wait for his second event or something... anyway - it's whatevs, she's insane at where I have her now, I'd just like to farm her out to 7*. I think the zombie and ghost events are coming back at the end of the month. Can't remember where I saw that.

I'm leveling and gearing my zombie, she's easy to get around if people just think about it for a second. She's almost like K2SO where the taunt is super annoying, but when she loses it, there's the chance to gain advantage and make sure she's the last one standing. anyway...I think people are going to realize that she needs to be leveled and geared in order to stay up in the leaderboards.

Ghost is awesome, she can one-shot toons sometimes.
    25 months? that's just plain crazy, when EP first came out, I think there was a 12 month wait for his second event or something... anyway - it's whatevs, she's insane at where I have her now, I'd just like to farm her out to 7*. I think the zombie and ghost events are coming back at the end of the month. Can't remember where I saw that.

I'm leveling and gearing my zombie, she's easy to get around if people just think about it for a second. She's almost like K2SO where the taunt is super annoying, but when she loses it, there's the chance to gain advantage and make sure she's the last one standing. anyway...I think people are going to realize that she needs to be leveled and geared in order to stay up in the leaderboards.

Aye, if and when I 7* Spirit I'll replace my Acolyte with it. For now the Acolytes Stealth and it's crazy damage on the special are way better on D, and that's all that matters in the Arena.
    Any team can win on O (essentially), defense is what matters for in terms of META
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
    25 months? that's just plain crazy, when EP first came out, I think there was a 12 month wait for his second event or something... anyway - it's whatevs, she's insane at where I have her now, I'd just like to farm her out to 7*. I think the zombie and ghost events are coming back at the end of the month. Can't remember where I saw that.

Aye, if and when I 7* Spirit I'll replace my Acolyte with it. For now the Acolytes Stealth and it's crazy damage on the special are way better on D, and that's all that matters in the Arena.
    Any team can win on O (essentially), defense is what matters for in terms of META

yep - I'm working Acolyte now. Funny - I really had no interest in NS at all - then played them over the Halloween event and loved the play style. The synergies are awesome and make it so fun to play them.
  • Now that meta is RJT and R2 with the expose + TM removal... NA / Zombie trick is toast. Talia is very underrated and works well vs. elite-speed RJT squads.
  • The elite speed teams actually kill themselves off quite well if they're plagued. All it takes is one toon - then they all god it, then it stacks, then within just a few rounds, their own super speed takes them out for me.

Do it all the time against full Resistance teams - Finn or new Rey leads... Maybe the AI controls each team differently - I can't say.
  • I second the rey teams killing them selves theory. I run Talzin in a mixed CLS squad and haven’t lost to a rey squad yet. I’ve faced a lot of different comps too. Plague stops them. I haven’t even had a bb8 get an illuminated destiny off against me yet.
  • I second the rey teams killing them selves theory. I run Talzin in a mixed CLS squad and haven’t lost to a rey squad yet. I’ve faced a lot of different comps too. Plague stops them. I haven’t even had a bb8 get an illuminated destiny off against me yet.

Nice! I haven't faced a JTR squad with my NS yet, but I do agree that it's fun to watch their speed be their own downfall with plague, and Thrawn trying to cleanse it.
    The elite speed teams actually kill themselves off quite well if they're plagued. All it takes is one toon - then they all god it, then it stacks, then within just a few rounds, their own super speed takes them out for me.

Do it all the time against full Resistance teams - Finn or new Rey leads... Maybe the AI controls each team differently - I can't say.

A team with Poe in it pushing 285 starting speed can be problematic to get things started as a 290+R2 soon throws burn on you...if the exposes pop on both those AOE on your NS it can be difficult to get plague set in place before you're heavily damaged.