Cant beat level 7. Daring droid event with specific team. Help!!

Murdock
5 posts Member
edited August 2017
So in the game Galaxy of heroes there is the Darins droid event where i can get the unit r2-d2 what id like the most in the game, and with together r2 hands in hands i could beat the commander luke event. So ive all the required 5 empire toons ( Palptine, Vader, Royal Guard, Snowtrooper, Grand moff tarkin) for the 7. R2-d2 final battle all of them are at lvl 85 with gear 9+ and with all the required mods. After 4 days of trying everything, every leads every mods i still CANT beat the last level of the Daring droid event. Its just impossible for me and i cant understamd why coz ive all the 5 empire toons at nearly the very max level... its just unbelievable, and i gave up on trying... i still have like 8 hours to beat it but it seems to be unbeatable.. ive purchased mang crystals to grew this team to ita max and still nothing.. i wonder what else could i do?
Post edited by Murdock on

Replies

• Are those the only five chars you have seven star? What lead have you tried?
  • And what speeds are you running on your squad?
  • Yeah unfortunatelly those are the only ones. Ive tried vader, palp and also Gmt lead... i think ive no speed mods for them just a very few with secondaries
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Yeah unfortunatelly those are the only ones. Ive tried vader, palp and also Gmt lead... i think ive no speed mods for them just a very few with secondaries

Soo? Someone pls help?
  • And what speeds are you running on your squad?

Soo? Help pls!
  • Someone pla help me out! I wanna finish :smiley:
  • This is pathetic
  • Palpatine lead.

Need Palpatine over 200 speed. Use his AOE stun first. Then burst down Han, Leia and Luke in that order. Kill the tanks and R2 last.

Need to spread out Palpatines basic attack since he gets TM from having shock on more than one person. Don't use Vaders culling blade unless you know it will kill Han or Leia.

You want Vader at close to 200 speed with some potency to get the speed down landed early. Otherwise they will steamroll you with their high speed attackers.

GMT should be somewhat speedy to drop his AOE debuff as well. That's al he is good for. If you see an opportunity, stun R2 with RG.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If Palp or Vader die during the initial onslaught, you will not win.

If Palp doesn't land at least three stuns his first turn, you will not win.

If Vader doesn't put speed down on R2 and probably Chewie, you will not win.

If you can't kill han before you lose RG, you will not win.

Just things to keep in mind so you don't waste time on a bad RNG attempt.
  • sorry @Murdock , work tied me up,

As exar said, that's going to be your best options for now, Do you by chance have Vader zetad? The last tier is immune to tmr, but it does help clear the initial tiers with minimal damage taken.

Other then that, look over you mods, put as much speed as you can into Ep Vader and tarkin, and put as much protection as you can into Rg , then speed, and similar for snow, the tier is fast, and you need to be fast as possible and able to take some hits.

And the kill order is very important, exar has it laid out nicely there as well. Good luck.
  • Keep R2 shocked and he can't cloak. Chip away at him and use AoE as often as possible. RNG will eventually work in your favor. Don't worry about Han and Leia, they will die from AoE and DoT from Vader and Tarkin.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Palpatine lead.

Need Palpatine over 200 speed. Use his AOE stun first. Then burst down Han, Leia and Luke in that order. Kill the tanks and R2 last....

You want Vader at close to 200 speed...

You were right! Palp over 200 speed and Vader close. I couldn't beat it until I did that. Palp just runs through them. Palp G9 (lead), Vader G10, GMT/Magma/RG G 8 did it. I killed R2d2 first by way of Vader culling and Han the same way. Luke and Leia fell by GMT (kept hammering both AOEs), Ben was easy and Chewie was left standing. RG and Magma did next to nothing. At the end I had Vader, Palps and GMT standing! Good on you for the guide strategy. Cheers! Onto zeta for R2d2!
  • BridgeBuilder
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Palpatine lead.

Need Palpatine over 200 speed. Use his AOE stun first. Then burst down Han, Leia and Luke in that order. Kill the tanks and R2 last.

Need to spread out Palpatines basic attack since he gets TM from having shock on more than one person. Don't use Vaders culling blade unless you know it will kill Han or Leia.

You want Vader at close to 200 speed with some potency to get the speed down landed early. Otherwise they will steamroll you with their high speed attackers.

GMT should be somewhat speedy to drop his AOE debuff as well. That's al he is good for. If you see an opportunity, stun R2 with RG.

So basically if you can't get Palpatine over 200 speed and Vader near 200 speed is not doable? I'm asking because this is my rooster:

https://swgoh.gg/u/bridgebuilder/

I can get Palpatine to G9 and level the rest of the toons to 80, get their abilities trained higher, replace their mods etc

No way I can get to 200 speed though. I am finishing Luke (Farmboy) as well. If 200 speed is mandatory then I would rather cut my loses and call it a good try waiting for the event to come back in a year or whatever. Maybe stop playing maybe since I kind of focused mainly on this the past 3-5 months.

Thanks.

Edited P.S.

I really don't understand how this is WAI. My highest speed character - Palaptine- dies before he can do anything. Not stunned or anything. I manage to take turn with RG/Vader/GMT/TFP. Not Palpatine though.
    R2 takes 3 turns at start of the battle too. I am watching his TM and he goes from nil to full without any reason. Chewie taunts and then his taunt expires before my side manages to do anything. How does that work?

Edited P.S. No.2

Like everything in this game this is horribly RNG based. Truth to be told after failing miserably I leveled all my toons to 80 and maxed their skils - omega only on Vader's Force Crush for slow. You can see my mods and speed. Nothing to be jealous of - special mention to TFP Rancor mods. I had tries where my turn would come only with Vader and Palpatine standing and I won with just RG dead. The RNG is atrocious but I guess you can overcome it by buying more.
    Either way, I got it. Oh and the worst part was having to watch that cut scene 100 times. Seriously, remove it after the first try. Annoying as fork.

All I can suggest is try, try, try then try some more.
    Post edited by BridgeBuilder on
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."
  • klause
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Speed 200 isn't required. I cleared it today with:
    EP (L) - Speed 145; G8
    Vader - Spd 167; G9
    Stormie - Spd 111; G8
    Snow Trooper - Spd 98, G7
    Royal Guard - Spd 113, G7.

I have a big focus on protection and health, so I was able to soak the first round...2-3 attacks by most enemies, without losing a single character.

Like the others, I focused primarily on R2; Before using Vaders AOE I used EP's heal; The bonus damage boosted the effect nicely, and the increased damage increased the healing, thereby survivability. I kept Han stunned/slowed and focused stunning/ability block attacks when needed, then on Leia when he was stunned/blocked. Between this and Vader, I wore down Luke, Leia, and Han and killed all three in quick succession; I tried saving Kenobi for last (didn't succeed...) because of his death effect.

I won't say it was an easy fight(s). It took a lot. But as you can see, my speed is rather low, so I had to soak a lot of damage, and relied some on RNG to win it. But the speed wasn't a nececssity, just a HUGE bonus.

In the end, keep as much damage away from vader and palp as you can; everyone else is mostly expendable in my build, those two are critical; without one or the other, this team loses, hands down.

Here's the link to my squad:
    http://swgoh.gg/u/klause/squads/7/
  • Lucky you for having EP to do it. Seems like no matter what I do, without EP I can't get his 7* (which is utterly ridiculous).

I have Tarkin, Vader, Veers, RG, and Snowtrooper at 7*. R2 going 3 freakin' times for every one time my guys go (3 of my team are 193-205 speed). AND R2 has zero cooldown for his burn and his smoke. Let alone, even my Vader having 65% tenacity, he still gets stunned "easily" in this match.

My RG is always the first one to go down (yeah, my "tank" dies first because they always target it, whether he throws up his auto-taunt or not) then snowtrooper or veers. I can get Han down, but by the time I do that, I have Tarkin and Vader left (both G9) and R2 has gone about 12 times now so they are almost dead anyway.

I know! I'll spend 500 bucks to get them all gear 12 and level 85! That'll work, right? If not, I'll spend 1,000! That's the whole idea right? That's what worked for the OP? lol.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Lucky you for having EP to do it. Seems like no matter what I do, without EP I can't get his 7* (which is utterly ridiculous).

I have Tarkin, Vader, Veers, RG, and Snowtrooper at 7*. R2 going 3 freakin' times for every one time my guys go (3 of my team are 193-205 speed). AND R2 has zero cooldown for his burn and his smoke. Let alone, even my Vader having 65% tenacity, he still gets stunned "easily" in this match.

My RG is always the first one to go down (yeah, my "tank" dies first because they always target it, whether he throws up his auto-taunt or not) then snowtrooper or veers. I can get Han down, but by the time I do that, I have Tarkin and Vader left (both G9) and R2 has gone about 12 times now so they are almost dead anyway.

I know! I'll spend 500 bucks to get them all gear 12 and level 85! That'll work, right? If not, I'll spend 1,000! That's the whole idea right? That's what worked for the OP? lol.

So your squad is sub optimal, your mods are sub optimal , and it's everyone else's fault. Got it.

Speed up your squad. And build a better comp if you can't make this one work.
    Lucky you for having EP to do it. Seems like no matter what I do, without EP I can't get his 7* (which is utterly ridiculous).

So your squad is sub optimal, your mods are sub optimal , and it's everyone else's fault. Got it.

Not "everyone" else's fault. It's just your fault, troll. lol Hurry up and send me those google gift cards so I can buy a better team since mine is "sub-optimal".

Recommended level: 80+? Isn't.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Not "everyone" else's fault. It's just your fault, troll. lol Hurry up and send me those google gift cards so I can buy a better team since mine is "sub-optimal".

Recommended level: 80+? Isn't.

Easily could be level 80 or higher, gear level matters and mods matter, char level is not so important.

Now mod your squad better if able, get protection and health secondaries on Rg , get speed on tarkin then Vader and give it a go.
  • If you don't have EP you really need Tie Fighter Pilot on my squad he was the only one doing real damage 20,000 to 30,000 on his basic and with speed mods and under Tarkin he had 250 speed which really helped.
  • Honestly, I don't think I've seen a win against R2 without an EP lead yet... coud be mistaken, I just havent seen one yet. That heal on damage is pretty critical, as far as I can tell
  • klause wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think I've seen a win against R2 without an EP lead yet... coud be mistaken, I just havent seen one yet. That heal on damage is pretty critical, as far as I can tell

I used my zVader lead personally, but had tie EP and tarkin in there as well, with Rg ,
  • klause wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't think I've seen a win against R2 without an EP lead yet... coud be mistaken, I just havent seen one yet. That heal on damage is pretty critical, as far as I can tell

Here is my 7* R2d2
    https://swgoh.gg/u/bludmetal/collection/235/r2-d2/

Here is my Empire squad, note EP is only 6*

https://swgoh.gg/u/bludmetal/collection/?f=empire

You just need a fast TFP who can hit hard
  • Hi guys,
    I research my next event months in advance. I prep and walk into the event as prepared as I can be.

I just 7 stared Thrawn using Phoenix (obviously). So I’m going to use them for EP when he comes around again. Hopefully, they will get me EP too when he comes around again.

My real question, has anyone used Thrawn fracture on R2? If so, how effective was it for you in this event?

Next question, I haveVeers, Tarkin, snowtrooper, Vader, and Thrawn at gear 8 currently. Vader and Thrawn are one small box away from gear 9. I have stormtrooper and TFP at gear 7. RG at gear 5.

Is a tank helpful at the expense of more DPS? Should I leave out TFP or Snowtrooper for a tank? Your thoughts and hints are much appreciated.
  • I used a tank (storm) but it was purely to get me into the event - I hadn't geared him so I don't think he really did anything at all. Used EP/Vader/Tarkin/TFP as my other 4, all around G9. Got it first time without needing to worry about tanking. If you have Thrawn it'll be even easier for you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • JinHoshi
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I just managed 7-star R2 without even having EP and with Vader only at 160 Speed. This is the actual squad I used: http://prntscr.com/jddc01

I used Thrawn lead and have no Zeta at all on any of them.