In need of Arena Direction after JTR

Long time Lurker, first time poster.

So before JTR was released I was able to fight my way up to top 10 or 20 in arena pretty much every day. Now I find myself falling to the 50s over night. I am on a competitive november 15 shard and am ftp. As far as I can see, my mods are optimized as best they can. I have have a zCLS, zR2, and zThrawn all with just over +100 speed. Then zhan and GK both have about +80. All are G12 with no extra pieces.

Here is my GG
https://swgoh.gg/u/cranman/

I guess I have a 2 part question.- What can I do to make my current team more competitive against the new Rey teams? and if Nothing, who else am I missing that I should be farming?

I apologize if the formatting on this post is bad, I am tryping this on my phone.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    cls r2 chaze solo maybe
  • Options
    Vs JRT I know of two forms that work well:

NS (Talzin doesn't have to be 7*) absolutely rip her apart

Empire / Thrawn / DN / GK - this one is closest for you, with just DN really needing some love per your roster. Have Thrawn as a lead with his leader zeta'd, then use Shore, DT, DN, and GK. I've seen videos of it work with GK, but I've personally used Stormtrooper in that slot and it also worked great. The debuffs they spit out give you TM from Thrawns lead, Thrawn can fracture, DN can dispel buffs and deathmark later (and he can double tap daze / stun R2), Shore is a big tank and can give CD immunity, which kills the RJT leader kit that is reliant on crits ... and a big part is THrawn's leader when they cleanse you get 50% TM so an Empire tank that gets the heal block will get TM from the debuff and then when their turn is up can use the cleanse and quickly cycle through that 2nd turn and get rid of the debuff. The two taunts hide and protect DN well and you can get off annihilate no problem.
  • TravoisYeswater
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Cranman- you can check to see what team I'm running. There is a Mother Talzin lead team with a fast R2 that I avoid like the plague (ha!). I also struggle with CLS, R2, Thrawn, GK and DN combo. To many special abilities to have to deal with.
    I will literally see you at the holotables!
  • Options
    You can go for thrawn shore death storm krennic
    Your krennic and storm needs some gearing and zeta on death with this you can wipe them out
    You have 7* krennic dude give him some love
  • Options
    Fantastic! thank you all for the suggestions.

Do you guys think zthrawn lead, storm, shore, Dk and Dt would hold better on defense
  • Options

Do you guys think zthrawn lead, storm, shore, Dk and Dt would hold better on defense
  • Options

• Options

• Options

Do you guys think zthrawn lead, storm, shore, Dk and Dt would hold better on defense than what I am currently running?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It wouldn't necessarily hold any better. A guildmate who runs the empire team has also been falling more than usual lately. It seems like there has just been more activity all around. I think NS might hold decently because some people avoid them.
  • Options
    Just put some gear on AA and let him lead. JTR is a breeze with AA lead
  • Options
    Drop Thrawn for Old Ben. Zeta on his taunt is required.
    Luke/solo/r2/Old Ben/gk is the best Luke team IMO.
    This certain set up with OB is very good against the best Rey teams. R2<-luke<-OB should be your speed order
  • Options
    Your titans team can still compete, but you need to keep focusing on speed for sure. JTR teams are falling as well. She has mixed up the meta, which is good to me.
  • Options
    Your team should have a chance against JTR, kill BB8 first
  • Options
    What’s the best strategy? to stun r2d2 or bb8 first?