TIE Defender!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
edited March 2019
Crew: Commander Vult Skerris: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/175153/commander-vult-skerris

Dark Side, Empire, Attacker

Ruthless Assault (BASIC)
swx17_onyxsquadronpilot_art.jpg

Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and Daze them for 2 turns. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, inflict Target Lock for 2 turns.
Target Lock: This attack deals double damage.

Borstel NK-3 Medium Ion Cannons (SPECIAL) - Cooldown: 3
DeltaSquadronPilot_XWM.jpg?type=w800

Deal Special damage to target enemy, Stun them for 1 turn and remove 100% Turn Meter. Then Empire allies gain 20% Turn Meter.
Target Lock: This attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit and can't be Evaded or Resisted.

Concussion Missile Barrage (CREW) - Cooldown: 3
xwing_012.jpg

Deal Physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them. If there are any defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns on the primary target.

Outrun and Outgun (HARDWARE)
tex.abilityui_passive_kill.png

Enter Battle: Remove 50% Turn Meter from the enemy Capital Ship, which can't be Resisted. While TIE Defender is active, Empire allies gain +5 Speed and +10% Offense (stacking) each time they score a Critical Hit.
Post edited by dimi4a on

Replies

• Deathmark for 2 turns sounds pretty OP but it would be fun to have this ship in the game. Based on Star Wars Rebels, it should be fast, have shields, and a lot of firepower. But that's to say it has shields isn't to say it should be tanky - it's a huge ship that should be really easy to hit so perhaps it ought to be squishy in the same way the TIE Adv X1 is.
    It might be nice to see some direct synergy with TFP, as we see the Defender flanked by TIE's (likewise for TIE Adv X1 for that matter)
  • In Rebels, I think Hera said she couldn't see any ship beating it one on one due to its Speed, so that needs taking into account for sure. And it has lots of firepower.
    But in most ship based combat, the smaller more agile ships are the hardest to actually land a hit on. In SWGOH, it's rare to actually miss, so you need to find a way to say 'this is a big fat ship that you can't miss' and good way to do that is to make it a bit squishier. Just my thoughts on it though :)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    AoE deathmark and daze, too OP. Even on a single target, an easy deathmark like that is OP. Deathtrooper requires one toon dead before deathmark can be applied. I like that idea better. I’d say lose the AoE and make a more difficult condition for deathmark.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    AoE deathmark and daze, too OP. Even on a single target, an easy deathmark like that is OP. Deathtrooper requires one toon dead before deathmark can be applied. I like that idea better. I’d say lose the AoE and make a more difficult condition for deathmark.

How about now?

Oooo still next level powerful and worth chasing after. I like it
  • Threatens the rebel meta. EA disaproves
  • Could be Marek Steele instead of that guy.. hehehe
  • Tyrael1701
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Dunno, in tie fighter I could kill just about anything with the defender from fighters to capitol ships. Tractor beam made it so OP. A-wing or tie avenger? 0 maneuver, enjoy an adv concussion missile up your exhaust.

Maybe add another ability, tractor beam: fracture target, cannot be dispelled or copied. Target is immune to buffs and cannot evade. Tie defender resets cd and gains 100% tm. CD 8.
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Dunno, in tie fighter I could kill just about anything with the defender from fighters to capitol ships. Tractor beam made it so OP. A-wing or tie avenger? 0 maneuver, enjoy an adv concussion missile up your exhaust.

Maybe add another ability, tractor beam: fracture target, cannot be dispelled or copied. Target is immune to buffs and cannot evade. Tie defender resets cd and gains 100% tm. CD 8.
    Yeah, that kind of ability needs at least a year of power creep. Thrawn fracture is insane, but if it was introduced 6 months earlier, there would have been a riot of OP complaints
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Threatens the rebel meta. EA disaproves

Ships right now is MOST certainly dark side meta in advanced shards. Mace still viable but DS ships available just pwn right now (although farming and gearing the good ones is painful)

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »

It was fast but could it dodge 50 concussion missles from the missile boat (wink)
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Was nice to play in X-Wing: Alliance
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If the pilot is not Baron Soontir Fel.... I don't want it