How quick is it to get 100 shards for Farmboy Luke?

I got everything ready for CLS and went to double check and never finished Farmboy. Since he is so useless I never even thought to gear, mod, or shard him. He is curently at 6 stars. What is the best way to get him to 7? I have 900 in crystals at the moment.

Replies

• Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    he pops up in guild store, has 2 cantina nodes and is at light 7-D.

Good luck
  • Could it be done within a week?
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It will be be a challenge, I would think. Having 3 separate places to get the shards (each using different resources) is very doable but you will most likely need to ignore all other targets and likely burn crystals. For the last CLS event they offered a $19.99 pack with 80 shards of each of the necessary characters (edit- $19.99 for EACH character). If you are willing to get that then it is VERY doable
  • Just push then but a pack on the last day if you need it
  • Start yesterday!
  • Buy 3 cantina refreshes a day and should be doable. You should see him a few times in guild event and guild stores and also do your 5 attempts at his hard node daily and you will be fine.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    certainly doable.
    3x100 cantina per day gets you ~ 20 shards per day. With the hard node and guild store you should be fine.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It will be a test in focus, but you should get it.
  • Do, or do not....there is no try.

:wink:
  • Even if you unlock him at 7star on time, dont forget that you still need to level up, level up abilities,gear up, and mods.
  • very easy if you do 3 cantina refresh. you will get 100 shard solely from that 8 energy cantina node
  • Have to do three refreshes, use the bonus energy and the 120 you get naturally you to do 65 sims a day, provided you don't get terrible RNG and get the 1:3 droprate you'll get around 22 shards a day from cantina.

Not guaranteed though and you are set to run out of crystals after 3 days may be 4 depending on how much you get coming in. I would consider the Luke pack as it's guaranteed shards.
  • a 1/3 drop rate on an 8 energy cantina node and you need 100 shards.
    3 * 8 * 100 = 2400 energy needed to be spent on cantina to get those 100 shards. You have 8 days so that's 300 energy a day. You get 120 every day from time passing +45 at noon, so that leaves 135 energy beyond what you get for free. Buy a refresh a day, plus one extra some other day and you should make it on the last day.