"The price for treason"

Replies

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Why in the world does anyone want rose? Seriously? Is there some much better back story in comics or something that wasn't in the movie? She did less than bistan. At least he got off a couple blaster shots.

There are also people asking for Padme. Pretty extraordinary.

Padme was vital to the movies and showed skills in diplomatic and battle situations. Rose just fulfilled a stereotype about women drivers. I'm not calling for padme but she makes sense

Rose is just a diversity checkbox, that's all. I won't be surprised if they actually pull off the whole Poe-Finn thing to check another one...

With all due respect, this is a really ignorant statement. Regardless if you liked the character or not, it is wrong to assume everything is done for diversity's sake. I mean, it's Star Wars. We have weird aliens all over the place. If you feel "diversity" was forced, it is you who have a problem.

Actually he was on point. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw Finn in the force awakens
  • Options
    i found a book name called Praetorian: The Price of Treason author by S.J.A. Turney (i know it's irrelevant book for StarWars) >>>> Elite Praetorian Guard could be

Did you really find it , or did you just read countless other comments about It?
  • Options
    To throw another option out there just for fun :

In the "holiday gaming deals" it said we would be getting Terex

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terex

"Terex was a human male who served as a stormtrooper designated TK-603 in the Galactic Empire. In the years following the Battle of Jakku, Terex became the leader of a crime syndicate on Kaddak known as the Ranc gang. Still determined to rebuild the Empire, Terex joined the First Order, an Imperial remnant that had relocated to the Unknown Regions. By 34 ABY, Terex had become an agent in the First Order's Security Bureau. During the early phase of the Cold war, Terex fought the Resistance starfighter pilot Poe Dameron and his Black Squadron. Terex also blackmailed the Resistance technician Oddy Muva into spying on Poe and Black Squadron by holding his wife Sowa Chuan captive.
    After being bested by Poe on Ovanis and Megalox Beta, Terex embarked on a rogue mission to destroy the Resistance. Terex retook control of the Ranc gang and tried to destroy Poe and the Resistance. However, he was outsmarted by Black Squadron a third time. Following his failed bid to destroy the Resistance, Terex was arrested by Commander Malarus and brought back to the First Order for punishment. While Terex was condemned to the mines, he managed to convince Captain Phasma of his loyalty to the First Order. As a result, he was given a second chance and was fitted with a cyborg construct.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Iden Versio
  • Options
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't understand the Rose hate. I thought she was adorable.

Nah, you understand it. Same reason people hate Rey...

Dudes are the worst.

I'm a girl and I didn't like Rose either.

Thank you ! Also Rey is a Mary Sue who was sold for beer and now she is a powerful Jedi lol. Tlj was garbage.

As opposed to Anakin Skywalker... who was such the most special-est boy ever he was conceived by the Force itself. Nope, totally not a Marty Stu.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    The price for treason is execution. It will be FO Executioner.

This
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    General Hux please. I just want one of my favorites in this game!

Hux is your favorite? Lol.

Yep! Do I think he'll continue to be the butt monkey he was in TLJ? Not on your life. Even if he does, he can still be my favorite because I loved his characterization from TFA and didn't feel like he was ruined in TLJ.

And just fyi, I never said that he was my favorite character from the whole franchise, just my favorite from the new trilogy.

So.. you like a **** figure? Huh.

Eh, at least I'm consistent. When I was a kid I had a major crush on Admiral Piett and as an adult I appreciate Tarkin more than I did as a kid. I just kind of have a thing for Empire characters and the First Order was formed from Empire remnants.
  • Options
    "Actually he was on point. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw Finn in the force awakens "

Because a black man was cast in a Star Wars movie 37 years ago in response to it being pointed out that the SW universe was overwhelmingly white it's the only possible explanation for John Boyega being cast. It makes perfect sense. I'm sure you being totally racist had nothing whatsoever to do with that brilliant bit of insight.
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    i found a book name called Praetorian: The Price of Treason author by S.J.A. Turney (i know it's irrelevant book for StarWars) >>>> Elite Praetorian Guard could be

Did you really find it , or did you just read countless other comments about It?

Google search my friend "Price for treason" and i found that book in amazon thats it.. its not big deal
  • Options
    "It's treason then" also a line from general krell from clone wars, or it could be a Jedi rework for plo, kit, mace and the other one or just a Jedi rework altogether, cause they really need it
  • Options
    JakeC wrote: »
    "It's treason then" also a line from general krell from clone wars, or it could be a Jedi rework for plo, kit, mace and the other one or just a Jedi rework altogether, cause they really need it

So the only similarity with "The price for treason" and that quote is the word treason. Really stretching it there.
    New movie guys, it's going to be someone from the movie. Not freaking Plo Koon lol. (Or Jedi for that matter)
  • Options
    @Bossk_Hogg

You might want to read up on SARFT, CFG, Huaxia, etc.

It is required for at least 2 speaking actors to be Chinese, as well as at least one producer or editor, in order for an American movie to be released in China. ( this is not written down anywhere but your film will not get approval without it). China only allows a handful of US movies to be shown in China.

@Nauros is right, though maybe not in the way he intended.

It isn't a SJW thing, it is a make more money by being allowed to release it in China and sell more movies and merch thing

Also direct advertising for a US film is not allowed in China, because the government is trying hard to protect them chinese film industry.

I actually interviewed Robert Cain about this subject in my international marketing class
  • Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    it's going to be someone from the movie. Not freaking Plo Koon lol. (Or Jedi for that matter)

Golden.
  • Options
    I love how so many of you can't read into these hints more than one word. You pick out the word treason and think, well who has betrayed someone? Oh Palpatine, Vader, Kallus, etc confirmed! Try taking in the whole hint and using your brain. Phasma said this line so it's either her, or her executioner troopers.
    Just like how the super obvious Commandhere Look hint made people just see the word command and we'll, must be Hux! Or Greivous for sure! No need to read the rest of the hint.
    Also a new movie was just released. How could anyone possibly think they'll put out content from the older movies right now while the hype train is rolling?

51IGk6Qby5L._SY346_.jpg

Also DJ was part of the treason scene as well

Be careful btw, no spoilers outside of spoiler thread till January

That's not a Star Wars book. I'm pretty sure every quote or reference they have ever used in their clues came directly from a Star Wars source. I don't think they'll start using non-Star Wars references unless their giving us non-Star Wars characters.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I love how so many of you can't read into these hints more than one word. You pick out the word treason and think, well who has betrayed someone? Oh Palpatine, Vader, Kallus, etc confirmed! Try taking in the whole hint and using your brain. Phasma said this line so it's either her, or her executioner troopers.
    Just like how the super obvious Commandhere Look hint made people just see the word command and we'll, must be Hux! Or Greivous for sure! No need to read the rest of the hint.
    Also a new movie was just released. How could anyone possibly think they'll put out content from the older movies right now while the hype train is rolling?

51IGk6Qby5L._SY346_.jpg

Also DJ was part of the treason scene as well

Be careful btw, no spoilers outside of spoiler thread till January

That's not a Star Wars book. I'm pretty sure every quote or reference they have ever used in their clues came directly from a Star Wars source. I don't think they'll start using non-Star Wars references unless their giving us non-Star Wars characters.

Make mine a double leia fan fic was my fav.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure
    Phasma says to Finn "The price for treason is death", and then orders the FO Executioner Trooper to execute Finn.
    I would assume one (at least) of those three will appear in-game soon, but in an event, not as the login character.
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Bossk_Hogg

It is required for at least 2 speaking actors to be Chinese, as well as at least one producer or editor, in order for an American movie to be released in China. ( this is not written down anywhere but your film will not get approval without it). China only allows a handful of US movies to be shown in China.

It isn't a SJW thing, it is a make more money by being allowed to release it in China and sell more movies and merch thing

Also direct advertising for a US film is not allowed in China, because the government is trying hard to protect them chinese film industry.

I actually interviewed Robert Cain about this subject in my international marketing class

This applies to John Boyega/Finn how exactly? That's the comment I was responding to. I'm sorry, but if the first thing someone thinks when you see a black character is "forced diversity hire", they're probably racist.

The whining about actually including women and people of color in the new movies is disgusting.
  • Options
    I can't shake the feeling that it will be William Wallace
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    @Bossk_Hogg

This applies to John Boyega/Finn how exactly? That's the comment I was responding to. I'm sorry, but if the first thing someone thinks when you see a black character is "forced diversity hire", they're probably racist.

The whining about actually including women and people of color in the new movies is disgusting.

Eh, @FierceRevan is on to something here. If you think Star Wars is color/gender blind when they cast certain actors and actresses, you're probably just not willing to accept how these things work.

That said, I agree with you that the whiners generally miss the point. Just because certain actors are there to fill out Star Wars' racial Yahtzee card doesn't mean they aren't fit for the role. Diego Luna, Oscar Isaac, Riz Ahmed, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, John Boyega, and yes, Kelly Marie Tran, all do fantastic jobs portraying their characters. Rose is just a poorly written character, and would be just as poorly written if she were white.

That said, I think the character will be Rose, FO Executioner, or Finn (though I'm not sure what they would call a new Finn, since TLJ Finn is pretty much TFA Finn)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Bossk_Hogg

There were also increased requirements for showing the movie and ticket revenue distribution, the real goal seems to be squeezing profit out of Star Wars
  • Options
    Racism.... Treason.... movies... tr8or's.... Star Wars... token people.... Passion..... hmmm...
    Got it. Light Saber Judas (Jedi Ghost) #confirmed #thepassion #melgibbsonisinsane #melgibbsonsouthparkfortheLOL #hellotoken
    OP answered, next!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Bossk_Hogg

Well, sorry I got confused who you were responding to because you quoted a bunch of comments.

IMG_0636.jpg

So back to OP:
    In order of what makes sense to me:

Palpatine Mythic Event
    Praetorian Guard
    First Order Executioner
    DJ
    Kallus
    One Eyed Phasma
    Finn Undercover
    Terex
    The Senate
    Rose with escape pod zapper

Fun fact, the actors/actresses who played praetorian guard were not in the credits
    Post edited by FierceRevan on
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

*claps* Thank you!
  • Options
    Chancellor Palpatine? "It's treason then" Could The Senate be coming? :wink:
    Any other thoughts?

What if it is as lame as Emporer's Demise event coming in January ( which we already assume)?!
  • Options
    agent Price and agent Kallus from rebels..
  • Options
    Chancellor Palpatine? "It's treason then" Could The Senate be coming? :wink:
    Any other thoughts?

What if it is as lame as Emporer's Demise event coming in January ( which we already assume)?!

@FierceRevan

giphy.gif

lol :tongue: Am I right??? :mrgreen:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure
    Phasma says to Finn "The price for treason is death", and then orders the FO Executioner Trooper to execute Finn.
    I would assume one (at least) of those three will appear in-game soon, but in an event, not as the login character.

Spot on!
  • Options
    The price of treason is eternal vigilance. Wait wrong game.
This discussion has been closed.