Need a little newbie help here

Replies

• CoastalJames thanks for the vid, gonna watch it now, been sorta busy...
  • CoastalJames I just watched the video and it is mostly over my head but two things stuck out. Who are the Rebels and the Phoenix? Are they some kind of teams or guilds that I should be joining?

And lastly, what is a raid and how is it performed? Just from context I get the impression that when you join a team, you somehow are able to all fight together on the same screen, and that is what is known as a raid?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    When you are level 25 you can join guilds. A guild earns tickets based on its members spending energy and cantina energy (upto 600 a day each).

When it has enough tickets it can launch a raid which is a boss. All members of the guild hit a boss until it's dead.

If you are doing heroic version of the raid you get rewards +shards for late game characters. If you are doing non heroic versions of the raid you get lesser rewards.

All characters belong to factions.if you go into characters and look at top left of the screen you will see a description. These factions control whether you can access some events (5 empire for r2d2, 5 rebels for Palpatine etc) These factions also lets them use bonuses from other team members.

For example hera is a member of phoenix her leadership ability says

Each active Phoenix ally grants their Unique ability to other Phoenix allies. In addition, whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 5% Turn Meter if Hera is active.

Or admiral Ackbar's leadership ability says

Rebel allies have +15 Speed. In addition, whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to Assist.

Or Darth Nihilus's says

Sith allies gain 30% Offense and 70% Health Steal. Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren't Health Steal and can't score Critical Hits

So the faction tags are important in places like this.
  • You can leave a guild at your wish. Similarly, you can be removed from a guild by the leader or guild officers.
  • lovemat I have been searching for Emerald Society 2 since yesterday, cannot find...
  • Okay I have two ships now, "Resistance X Wing", and "Home One". Even though the green "enhance" button is lit, there are no training droids or whatever, and so...no joy there

I joined a guild Order 4209, and even though I am doing "Guild activities", the only other thing I am qualified to join (I am level 31 now) is a raid called "Face the Rancor". Thing is, I have been waiting for an hour to join, and it does not tell me how long the raid is going to take or when to come back...
  • You can't join a raid if it was oncoming when you joined the guild.

Ships properly unlock at level 60. You will get various ships between now and then. When you get ship currency and training droids focus on tfp and fotp they are the best of the free ships you get and are the ones to focus on. Level them up first.
  • So Naraic did I just miss this one and have to wait for the next one? And how long (rough guess) is that expected to take, on the average?
  • amaze122 wrote: »
    So Naraic did I just miss this one and have to wait for the next one? And how long (rough guess) is that expected to take, on the average?

I don't know if you did or you didn't. I suspect you missed it. Ask your guild you do have a guild chat. Length of time it takes to do a raid depends on the guild. Heroic raids are time limited at two days but there are no limits in the smaller raids.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    amaze122 wrote: »
    So Naraic did I just miss this one and have to wait for the next one? And how long (rough guess) is that expected to take, on the average?

If it was already going on when you joined then yes, you just missed it. What tier of raid is it? Tier 7 raids have a 48 hour cap. Lower tier raids don't have a time limit, and how long they take depends entirely on the strength of the guild. If you have access to guild chat, talk to the people in the guild and ask them how long it usually takes them to finish the raids. Also keep in mind that in order to participate in the raid you will need at least one character of the star level corresponding to the raid tier. So if the guild is running T6 raids and your highest starred character is 4*, you won't be able to participate until you get a 6* character.
  • The raid started before I joined the guild and is Tier II, with a character requirement of two 2*
  • I just figured out how the chat function works and I am waiting for a response from someone
  • On the "Borrow a Hero" feature, I notice I get some good characters, and some...Amazing characters, with power stats of 20,000 or so! I seem to usually get about six, and then nothing, for about six hours, and then the cycle starts again, do I have that right?
  • Yeah, the Borrow a character feature resets a few times a day. I don't know the exact hours.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    On the "Borrow a Hero" feature, I notice I get some good characters, and some...Amazing characters, with power stats of 20,000 or so! I seem to usually get about six, and then nothing, for about six hours, and then the cycle starts again, do I have that right?

You probably have about 6 really strong allies. Usually the random characters it gives you that don't come from your allies aren't that great. You can have more strong options if you get more high level allies.
  • @Blackbeard and Liath, I probably owe that to the trip that I made to The Academy yesterday. That link really paid off! I only stopped soliciting allies there because it seemed as though the whole Hero section was dominated by the same six people! LoL Maybe I will go look again, just in case...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    If there are big guys in your guild ally them.
    On the "Borrow a Hero" feature, I notice I get some good characters, and some...Amazing characters, with power stats of 20,000 or so! I seem to usually get about six, and then nothing, for about six hours, and then the cycle starts again, do I have that right?

Yep, one of those is probably me! On the plus side, having really strong ally characters allows you to move quickly through progressively harder nodes to get better gear and shards, but on the downside it can take some of the thrill out of defeating a node on your own. Either way you can only use a given ally once in a certain amount of time, so it pays off to have lots of allies to choose from.

Glad to hear you found a guild, once you and your guildmates start clearing raids you'll earn some good pieces of gear to improve your characters. Keep at it, you're doing great!
  • Thank you Kivrin
  • Naraic that is a good idea! I am doing that as I type this...
  • Wow, I have been working overtime here; I have generated over 600 Raid tickets for my Guild already! You know, when I went to my ally list though, and clicked on "request status", a lot of those requests had expired. Should I delete those, or just keep them to maybe send later on down the line?

On a similar note, my ally list is now full, 50/50. How do I get more?
  • Delete expired requests, if someone didn't accept your request in time they are highly unlikely to do so next time. All pending requests(including expired) count against your total, so while you have 50/50 and can't send/receive any more, it's likely the majority of those are pending/expires requests.
  • Thank you for your answer, sir. I will get right on that... :smile:
  • Well, that cleared up a lot of stuff. Once I deleted all the chaff, I then only had 25 allies out of 50, and a whole lot of "pendings". Most of those were people in this channel and from The Academy, so they probably are pending because of all those "expireds" that were taking up all the room! Oh, well you live and you learn...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Wow, I have been working overtime here; I have generated over 600 Raid tickets for my Guild already!

600 is the daily maximum. Dailly though refers to not a calender day but a specific 24 hour period. You want to be in a guild getting close to 30k tickets a day. That's one that will raid regularly and get you the best rewards from raids.
  • Okay thanks for the advice, Naraic. I just checked, and my guild is taking in 5,062 tickets a day.

But the mod that I spoke to in chat said that the raid that they are on now will take days. I wish I had a way that I could have known beforehand; I would have just joined a guild that did not already have a raid started, seeing as my reason for even joining a guild was to raid, not to wait around for days... :neutral:
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Probably because you are in a very small guild. Raids usually take less than a day.
    For Rancor T7 (Heroic) : 10 min ~ 1 hour
    For Tank (Normal/Heroic): 1 hour ~ 1 day
    Raids last for certain amout of time, usually within that range I wrote, for most guilds.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay thanks for the advice, Naraic. I just checked, and my guild is taking in 5,062 tickets a day.

But the mod that I spoke to in chat said that the raid that they are on now will take days. I wish I had a way that I could have known beforehand; I would have just joined a guild that did not already have a raid started, seeing as my reason for even joining a guild was to raid, not to wait around for days... :neutral:

That may be 5062 tickets so far today instead of per day.

5k tickets a day would mean you could launch a aat raid every 16 and a hpit every 12 days. There are more active guilds at all levels. Look in the guilds forum here to find some.

Most important thing is that you can participate in raids and ticket count is close to 30k. Preferably they do well at territory battles but when you are little 10 stars in territory battle is decent.
    CoastalJames I just watched the video and it is mostly over my head but two things stuck out. Who are the Rebels and the Phoenix? Are they some kind of teams or guilds that I should be joining?

And lastly, what is a raid and how is it performed? Just from context I get the impression that when you join a team, you somehow are able to all fight together on the same screen, and that is what is known as a raid?

Bless ya. I won't bother replying because I'm sure so many others already have.

Maybe watch the video again in a couple of weeks. Might be clearer then :)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Okay thanks for the advice, Naraic. I just checked, and my guild is taking in 5,062 tickets a day.

You can always leave and join a different guild. If you find one on here instead of picking a random one in the game you might have more luck getting a good match. How many members does this guild have? You are generally better off being in a guild that is close to full.