Can the R2 event be done without speed mods?

I cannot get my hands on another speed arrow. I only have 1 mk v and 1 mk iv and have attempted many times to get more. I have Palp (L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Magma. 3 are g8 and 2 at g7. I know I can’t win until I gear them up enough. I tried the attempt with the speed arrows and my arena mods. Max speed was on Thrawn. It was around 180. One thing bothered me. That stupid droid gets 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000^10 turns in a row, even with my speed arrows. I managed to bring it down to the cowardly droid and the walking carpet on one attempt. I sometimes have Thrawn, Vader, and Palpatine left, and I manage to kill Han and Leia. Then the droid goes crazy and speeds up and does more damage. All I’m saying is: can this event be done without speed mods?

Replies

• no.. i believe not.. try get speed arrow by farming mods till the end of event
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I did it with 2 g10 characters, 2 g8 and 1 g7 with only 1 speed arrow (I forgot to use my arena mods :P) it took me lots of tries
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • My team was 170-200 speed with mods and I was able to finally do it. But I also had omegas on my team, no zetas. (No EP or TFP either) But my RG and Veers were only G8.

Do you have someone besides Magma to put in there? I used Snowtrooper and that really tore away the protection from the whole group, especially with his AoE omega'd.

Luckily a guildmate reviewed my mods in swgoh.gg because I missed a couple speed secondaries. I did have 30 speed arrows on those five, but I pulled a couple off my arena team for this. Not sure your mod situation, but I found some 10, 12, 14, and 16 speed secondary mods and stuck them on this team. So you might have more speed and not even realize it.

Good luck, I hope you get him. It is a pain, even after dropping omegas on my empire team it took about 10 times to get RNGesus on my side for it.