Need Help with R2D2

IceColdDeath
9 posts Member
edited December 2017
What would I need to do in order to unlock R2 with the empire I currently have. Will i even be able to do it with out having all my toons to at least g9?

SWGOH

Replies

• very good team. put speed mods on them and focus down on r2 first
  • tfp aoe and palp basic should expose r2 out of stealth
  • very good team. put speed mods on them and focus down on r2 first

my only problem is my resistance team is only gear 5s and lvl 40 all of them dont have speed mods unlocked. Is there any other way or is that my only option?
  • What would I need to do in order to unlock R2 with the empire I currently have. Will i even be able to do it with out having all my toons to at least g9?

SWGOH

G9 is really needed in my eyes to finish the 7*. Are you able to get there before the end of the event?
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    very good team. put speed mods on them and focus down on r2 first

By speed mods he means mods with speed secondaries rather than the speed set. At the very least put level 15 mods on them. Makes a big difference.
  • What would I need to do in order to unlock R2 with the empire I currently have. Will i even be able to do it with out having all my toons to at least g9?

SWGOH

G9 is really needed in my eyes to finish the 7*. Are you able to get there before the end of the event?

no def not i got
    GMT G10, Ep G9, TFP RG StormTrooper at G8 and these 3 only have 1 or 2 pieces of their G9 gear
  • Naraic wrote: »

By speed mods he means mods with speed secondaries rather than the speed set. At the very least put level 15 mods on them. Makes a big difference.

O ok whats the average speed I should have them at?
  • I had the following line-up:

GMT G10, Vader G10, TFP G10, Palpa G10 and Royal Guard at G9. It was still really hard. I was lucky with the RNG after 5 attempts.

Do you have all the abilities maxed out? Used some omega's? I used Potency Mods for GMT, Vader and Palpa. Health on the other ones.

Try and swap your mods from your strongest team (arena?) with the Empire toons just for this event.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

I think the focus should be Palpatine, if you can get his aoe out early and stun a few them (rng dependent) of them it will give you a minute to kill someone.

Can you push him to 190ish?
  • I had the following line-up:

GMT G10, Vader G10, TFP G10, Palpa G10 and Royal Guard at G9. It was still really hard. I was lucky with the RNG after 5 attempts.

Do you have all the abilities maxed out? Used some omega's? I used Potency Mods for GMT, Vader and Palpa. Health on the other ones.

Try and swap your mods from your strongest team (arena?) with the Empire toons just for this event.

Yea all the abilities are maxed
    up to level 80
    Naraic wrote: »

I think the focus should be Palpatine, if you can get his aoe out early and stun a few them (rng dependent) of them it will give you a minute to kill someone.

Can you push him to 190ish?

yea i can try i actually have the wrong mods on him anyways lol
  • Can you max the toons to level 85? That also helps.
  • I used Tarkin as leader because he gives speed. Talpa didn't do it for me. That said, switching around can sometimes help with the RNG.
  • Can you max the toons to level 85? That also helps.

i wish im only lvl 81
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    i would recommend +50~70 plus speed for all your characters. Give highest speed mods on Palpatine. Doesn't need to be speed set. just speed secondaries is ok.
    For primaries, all 30 speed arrow, and for triangle, give 36% crit damage primary mod to palp, tfp, vader, tarkin(prioritize those that hit the hardest. 1. Palp 2. TFP)
    Give potency cross to Tarkin, TFP, Palp (Prioritize Palp)
    Give Protection circle to all of them.
    For those who don't get either crit damage triangle and/or potency cross, protection primary mods in that place.
    Don't use health set mods or health primary mods if possible. Because it increases damage taken from R2's burning.
  • Give tarkin all potency sets if you can. Plus stun doesn't work on R2 so use RG's basic on other enemies
  • R2 is immune to ability block too (it seems like)
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Tarkin doesnt need potency dude!
    Give tarkin all potency sets if you can. Plus stun doesn't work on R2 so use RG's basic on other enemies

• I'd go for non-health, protection primary mods with speed order of tarkin, tfp, palp, storm, rg.

Tarkin puts offense down(gains 70% or so tm), tfp basic(gains xyz tm), palp uses offense up, tarkin aoe, tfp aoe, and a shock on chewbacca/obi wan depending on who doesnt have buff immunity. ;)

Ps. Spam tarkin aoe and rg health up
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Give tarkin all potency sets if you can. Plus stun doesn't work on R2 so use RG's basic on other enemies

Potency gives defense for tarkin, having high base potency helps enduring initial attacks ;)
    and i don't recommend using aoe too much, since tm reduction does not work. keep using basic to stack defense, and use aoe once in a while, after you killed r2. that's the way i did it anyways
  • Tarkin doesnt need potency dude!

Potency gives defense for tarkin, having high base potency helps enduring initial attacks ;)
    and i don't recommend using aoe too much, since tm reduction does not work. keep using basic to stack defense, and use aoe once in a while, after you killed r2. that's the way i did it anyways

Lol yup! Didnt think of it that way :P
    Though it seems defense stops going up after a certain threshold has been reached. So one cannot solo it with tarkin :p
    Did you get r2 OP?
  • Thanks Guys for all the Help I got my 7 start R2 with 3 hours left

My team
  • Thanks Guys for all the Help I got my 7 start R2 with 3 hours left

My team

Congratulations! I just got mine unlocked too! Just about 3 minutes ago.

I used: Veers (L), Tarkin, Vader, Snowtrooper, and RG. I had a bunch of omegas, but no Zetas on that team. All 85, G8-9 and Tarkin at G10. It took about 100 times, but once we refreshed and I got some more ability Mark 3's, I was able to up abilities and omega them. I still had to do it about 10 times after doing that, but it got done with the most unlikely team. lol Once I put omegas on Veers and Snowtrooper and snowtrooper became a beast with his AoE. Holy cow he rocked it.

Good luck with it everyone.