Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Kilo_Ren
    34 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I guess my last post was removed for violation of some rules. But, since then I received both pop-ups. Still doesn't make sense that they didn't just put the crystal sale in the store. Could have saved a lot of trouble. Besides that my only other complaint is that the bonus is only for the $19.99 crystal purchase and not the rest of the crystal packs like normal.
  • Anyone got a chance to buy Boba pack twice? I just purchased it for the second time. I didn't read the notice note about the crystal. I did not get Boba shards (for the second time I bought) but instead got some crystal (not sure how many).
  • Ea have to test their stuff bfore going live and going away for a whole week vacation...
    Also the post was clear, the sale was supposed to be for vaults... this is false advertizing
  • Kilo_Ren wrote: »
    I guess my last post was removed for violation of some rules. But, since then I received both pop-ups. Still doesn't make sense that they didn't just put the crystal sale in the store. Could have saved a lot of trouble. Besides that my only other complaint is that the bonus is only for the $19.99 crystal purchase and not the rest of the crystal packs like normal.

They are trying to increase the value of future pop ups. Right now everyone just ignores them. Now that they are introducing deals that must be purchased from a popup people will start paying attention.

I really wish I could disable them altogether, even if it means missing out on deals. I can’t stand them.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Meatlover wrote: »
    Anyone got a chance to buy Boba pack twice? I just purchased it for the second time. I didn't read the notice note about the crystal. I did not get Boba shards (for the second time I bought) but instead got some crystal (not sure how many).

Yep. Didn't receive anything but crystals - about 1,194 I think. Probably the specific amount for that money relative to one of the set amount packs.
    Not happy. The payment should have been refused, instead of processing something else.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Anyone got a chance to buy Boba pack twice? I just purchased it for the second time. I didn't read the notice note about the crystal. I did not get Boba shards (for the second time I bought) but instead got some crystal (not sure how many).

Yep. Didn't receive anything but crystals - about 1,194 I think. Probably the specific amount for that money relative to one of the set amount packs.
    Not happy. The payment should have been refused, instead of processing something else.

I would log a ticket...
  • Runkett
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2017

I was also taken by this ... completely unacceptable. Have raised a support request but will dispute the transaction if not fixed.
  • I got a crystal pop up once yesterday right when I was going to activate CLS so I ignored it. Since then I have not seen it but I could use it. I don't want to pay $19.99 when I know I would be getting 25% less. There is no way to trigger the pop up so I won't purchase.
  • I got a crystal pop up once yesterday right when I was going to activate CLS so I ignored it. Since then I have not seen it but I could use it. I don't want to pay $19.99 when I know I would be getting 25% less. There is no way to trigger the pop up so I won't purchase.

25 percent more...not less. Instead of 2800 you get 3500 crystals for $19.99
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • slugbahr wrote: »

Bait and switch??

Yes, same thing here. It never occurred to me that they would show me the advertisement even though I wasn't eligible. I assumed it's randomly recurring. So instead of the sweet Boba deal I got just the stupid shards, not even with the bonus.

Whoever came up with this strategy should really be fired right on the spot. Why would you possibly want to **** off your most profitable customer base???
  • I bet the Vault pack pop up ad is showing up on the last day since it’s the best value. They are probably hoping people panic buy the other packs first.
  • I can’t believe this is even an issue, but let’s point out the obvious: when you say you are going to offer a vault at 25% discount for Christmas and then you change it to a $20 deal, people are not going to be happy. People who want to give you $100 are not happy. What is wrong with this picture?

CG, just put the discount in the store now and let people buy it. Would you rather have my $100 or not? Because i’m NOT buying the $20 deal. Do the smart thing here. Thanks.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The should've just did the bonus for all the crystal packs. Guess their marketing person was trying too hard to show off their skillz and accidentally broke what worked before.
  • +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Same here (
  • Did you check to see if you can activate boba if you don't have him unlocked yet? If he is seven star check the shard shop, and did you not get a message in your inbox stating you received the shards, credits,crystals etc?
  • Check your Boba and you will find the extra 80 shards.
  • OskarWulfgar
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Agreed, this is total horse.....

I bought what I thought was a good deal. 80 shards is worth a lot more than an extra 200ish crystals.

I feel completely ripped off
  • Tehol
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I bought the pop up 25% more but it charged me $40 instead of $27.99 like I usually pay for the 2800 pack, so I feel like I got scammed, he 25% more cost me 25% more so really I paid full price.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya and evening!
    I've notified the team of this thread in order to investigate this issue further. It is late and the onset of a weekend/new year holiday, so I ask that you please bear with us as we look into this. Thanks for your patience!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • to make it short: i thought, a pop-up on christmas would offer us 25% discount for the biggest crystal pack. what appeared, was a „boba-pack“ and a „discount-pack 3500 crystals“ after some days.

think it wasn‘t only me, who thought this way.

i never saw a reaction of the players like in this thread. but the frustration is clear. now we wait for more information, if necessary in the next year...

• Hiya and evening!
    I've notified the team of this thread in order to investigate this issue further. It is late and the onset of a weekend/new year holiday, so I ask that you please bear with us as we look into this. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you Kozispoon... There are a number of points raised in the thread as a whole and whilst it is a big thread I'd ask that it is read through.

If the points raised in it are addressed then cg will make more, players will be happier and devs/mods get an easier time of it.

Cheers,
    Dirk Brightblade
  • Hiya and evening!

Thank you Kozispoon... There are a number of points raised in the thread as a whole and whilst it is a big thread I'd ask that it is read through.

If the points raised in it are addressed then cg will make more, players will be happier and devs/mods get an easier time of it.

Cheers,
    Dirk Brightblade

It only took nearly a week to even be acknowledged.... Which is a bit ridiculous but hey things happen. As long as they make things right, and hopefully provide more incentive than initially (and mostly failed to deliver on) promised, some may consider still buying the promised deals. But yeah it's a bit late.
  • Skittlesnacks1
    209 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    And poof, my post with a link about reporting shady business activity is gone with no moderation warning or anything. Not only do they want to do whatever they want with our money, but they don't want us to do anything about it?

Well, good to see there's finally a response and hopefully ALL of this will be corrected. I honestly don't understand how they could let such as successful mobile game be so poorly handled on multiple levels.

For what it's worth, this thread is full of paying customers. People who spend money on the game. Let's make wise decisions here.

• I got an email from EA support asking me to accept 200 crystals as compensation.... ummm no.

Make me sit on a tablet on christmas for a pop up that never showed for a promotion that was "not worded correctly" for promos that were not redeemed correctly. Nope. Filed a compkaint with google and tbe BBB. Would take a ton more than 200 crystals.
  • I already bought the crystal pack 2 days ago and got the pop up again today.
  • I bought the Boba pack for a second time and got 1194 crystals instead, not too happy about 194 crystals replacing 80 shards and credits/training droids. With the scarcity of pop ups, I just bought it because it let me. Figured it would cancel if it wasn’t allowed. Just give us the vault plus 25% and all will be forgiven. This last week has been a joke.